Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008
Thank you for the lovely letter, Kafkas Goldfish! I will write back soon, likely after work this evening. You have really nice penmanship! :) (PS Wax stamps are awesome!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

This past week I got two lovely letters from Thermophonic Joy and Kafka's Goldfish!! :D Thank you both!!!

Fresh batch o' goon mail going out tomorrow from the Jewel of the Midwest (ha), Omaha, NE!!

party hat posted:

I dig your board!

Thanks!! :D It makes looking at the homework board a little less terrible.

AuntBuck posted:

Thank you Niemat! I got your Halloween card the other day. I kind of grudgingly enjoy those peanut butter toffee things and will eat them when no one else is looking.

It's really the only way to eat them...

Chipbot
Oct 1, 2009
Ahh, I've missed out on a whole years worth of card exchange! :( Been so busy. But now I'm back on track and I want to join in on the festivities:

Chipbot
238 Santa Barbara
Irvine, CA 92606
USA

edit: Thanks for managing this, lamb! I've missed receiving your cards and your cute handwriting :D

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Thank you Jimmy Da Fish for your great Halloween card!

Got it the day before Halloween but haven't been able to reply. Thanks!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I know this is the wrong thread but I was hoping maybe somebody would know...when does SASSmas start this year? Figured I'd ask since this thread is somewhat related.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

cuntvalet posted:

I know this is the wrong thread but I was hoping maybe somebody would know...when does SASSmas start this year? Figured I'd ask since this thread is somewhat related.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515255

Still open I think.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

cuntvalet posted:

Here's the thread, Enjoy! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515255

Edit: Missed it by that much! I should not have paused to answer a student's question.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
I got my first goonmail today! Thank you, Kafka's Goldfish!

The envelope has an octopus stamp on the back. :3: I liked reading the card; hope you and your doggie got over the scare! I feel bad about the butterfly; it appears to have suffered some damage in transit, and now I'm kind of afraid to open it. :ohdear:

Unrelated; should any more goonmail get sent my way, use C. Livingston rather than Dushkani. The postman had an unhappy talk with my girlfriend about that today.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Dushkani posted:

Unrelated; should any more goonmail get sent my way, use C. Livingston rather than Dushkani. The postman had an unhappy talk with my girlfriend about that today.

Why do some postmen have to be so uptight? :colbert:

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

party hat posted:

Why do some postmen have to be so uptight? :colbert:

Before I moved to my current town, I did a lot of buying/selling on eBay, and my postman never had a problem with it. I think it's something to do with being in a college town where people are moving and changing addresses a lot.

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008

Dushkani posted:

Before I moved to my current town, I did a lot of buying/selling on eBay, and my postman never had a problem with it. I think it's something to do with being in a college town where people are moving and changing addresses a lot.

You just don't have a cool postman :P (Although where mine in the same town has been delivering mail for hockeyfrog for years, he tends to not be so gentle some days when putting mail in the boxes here.)

Writing letters tonight! Hope to have some photos printed soon to go with :)

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
I received a very thoughtful letter from Tempura Wizard today! :buddy: How exciting! This is the first piece of fun mail that I've received in a very long time. Thank you; I loved reading it.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Thanks to Lamb for the swell Halloween mail, and thanks to Kafka's Goldfish for the neato handwritten letter! I love Alice in Wonderland. I hope your dog didn't get too worn out herding trick or treaters. :)

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
OKAY SO I moved to a new place and finally started hanging up all the goonmail and other misc things I've collected and realized I really wanted to come back and mail stuff! My new address is:

6157 Raleigh Street
Apartment #1422
Orlando, Fl 32835

Send me anything and hopefully I'll start sending stuff out soon.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Kafka's Goldfish!!! Thanks for the great Pink Floyd postcard, complete with nekkid lady sticker and octopus stamp! As for the story about chocolate and Sauerkraut juice... Uhhh... whatever turns your crank, I guess. :) Personally, I would have stopped at the chocolate. But then, I like salted and baconed chocolate, so I'm not one to talk.

And Lamb, I'm busy working on the picture you gave me. I'll post it when it's done...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I never get mail. All my bills are paperless and people I know generally don't do Christmas cards. Any extra Christmas cards people are sending out would be pretty cool.

Asiina
3-354 Erb St W
Waterloo, ON
N2L 1W6
Canada

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

I don't get many holiday cards except from my dentist and credit union, so fire away! :D

Felix Underhill
9600 Reams Road
North Chesterfield, Virginia 23236

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010
Im up for a bit of goon friend lovin :)

R. Vickyt
41 Brailsford Road
Fallowfield
Manchester
M14 6PT

Im 27, female and have a love of cats, dogs, X-Men, Batman and Spiderman.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

party hat! Today I came home from class, expecting a PILE of political ads (I was not disappointed!), but I also got a wonderful Apple Pie card from you! :3: Thank ya, kindly!!! (please excuse my inability to not stand in the light)

SWEET ACTION SHOT OF ENCLOSED COOZIE:

Look at that hand staying slightly toasty (but not overheating!!)! :buddy:

edit: Batch o' Goonmail went out today, as projected!

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
This thread looks cool and I am a Europhile so if there are some Eurogoons who are interested in Japan stuff then I am probably your guy!

Presso Manju 203
Rokubo Minami-machi 3-28
Oita-shi, Oita-ken
Japan
870-0842

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

If any goons are interested in a food exchange, there is a thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515822

Sheep, I know I'm looking for some Japanese candy and I could send you Russian and German candy from my local international grocer if you're interested in anything like that.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I don't really eat candy and am not all that interested in food, but if there's any German/Russian ... not-food stuff around I'm down.

Keep in mind I do not live in Tokyo so whatever you're looking for will have to be readily available at convenience stores or supermarkets or something!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
My husband and I need some Goonmas Cheer!

PezMaster and Killamajig
503-5051 Lougheed HWY
Burnaby, BC
V5B 4T5
Canada

Love stickers and awkward drawings/doodles/art. Dislike sparkles. I'm still finding them from last year's Goon cards (from, like, two years ago. Way to go goons. You are the best).

I have a pack of Canadian and American stamps ready and waiting. I will also hopefully con some of my weird grade 6 students to draw silly things for you. Yessssss.

(Also, my birfday is November 24th :3:)

PezMaster fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 9, 2012

Red Zaku
Oct 23, 2012

Three times faster than your regular Zaku.
I Got Mail. FROM THE INTERNET! Thank you Kafka's Goldfish for the letter, I hope all those zombies don't try to escape your dog's watchful eyes...

Behold: Cat stickers!

I'll post my first batch of letters soon, and spread the love. Goonmail is best mail.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I received a very thoughtful letter from Tempura Wizard today! :buddy: How exciting! This is the first piece of fun mail that I've received in a very long time. Thank you; I loved reading it.
I'm glad that you enjoyed it! :3:

party hat sent me a letter from the exotic north complete with a crotched coffee sleeve and a poutine sticker! (I love poutine, I have it every year when I visit Canada, if sticking it somewhere ensures poutine makes it to North Carolina, I'll do it!) The sleeve will be hella useful because I drink hella coffee. It came with a wonderful card and diagram of use, too! Thanks so much to you party hat, I love it!

Tempura Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 8, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Better late than never, thank you Lamb for the envelope stuffed with halloween goodness! I have no idea why but a lot of the envelopes I've been getting for the last while are in rough shape, though still intact enough to keep everything inside if only just.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Tempura Wizard posted:

party hat sent me a letter from the exotic north complete with a crotched coffee sleeve and a poutine sticker! (I love poutine, I have it every year when I visit Canada, if sticking it somewhere ensures poutine makes it to North Carolina, I'll do it!) The sleeve will be hella useful because I drink hella coffee. It came with a wonderful card and diagram of use, too! Thanks so much to you party hat, I love it!

You hella sound like you're from North California instead of North Carolina right now. Hella, dude. :respek:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you kafkasgoldfish for the cd. Most of it was stuff I haven't heard before. Thank you, it put a huge smile on my face to see that in the mail today :3: And not one but two octopus stamps! Awesome, and I loved how you wrapped the cd!

And since people were doing this before I figure I may as well put it here too. My birthday is coming up in just over a month. December 13th I shall be 23.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I got an envelope of stuff from Thermophonic Joy last week. Thanks a lot! But there's no way I'm putting my lips on a balloon I got from a goon. A goon balloon. A bagoon.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Matthew C.
P.O. box 1036
Ogden, Utah 84402
USA

I did this for valentine's day once, it was fun. Fine with (almost) anything as long as it can fit in a p.o. box.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I have a two year wedding anniversary coming up on the 15th of Nov and some goon love for the wife and I would be amazing. Since I have a fellow SA member painting a portrait for my anniversary gift it is only fitting to get some more goon love. She is not on the forums but is fully aware of SA and the stuff that goes on around here, so I am pretty sure not much is going to phase her but I would say keep it some what safeish.

If anybody wants to send something out I will gladly send some letters or things out myself.

Rythe
3138 Jacqueline RD
Wichita Falls TX, 76306

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Framptonlive posted:

I did this for valentine's day once, it was fun. Fine with (almost) anything as long as it can fit in a p.o. box.
If it's too big to fit in your box the post office will typically hold it behind the counter and put a notice slip in your box. You can send anything to any size PO box. :ssh:

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, but then I have to take the slip to the front desk, it's awkward.

I actually didn't know that. :blush:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you lamb for the card and wonderful goodies enclosed! I haven't seen garbage pail kids for ages, reminds me of my childhood! I will be using the spooky bandaid next time I do something cumbsy which shouldn't be long.

I got your new letter Kafka's Goldfish, and the wax arrived in much better condition! Now I want wax and a seal. Did you happen to include a single googly eye sticker thing, because I noticed it on my desk when I put your letter away, and I don't own any. :tinfoil: I will write you back, I've just been shamelessly lazy.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

party hat posted:

I got your new letter Kafka's Goldfish, and the wax arrived in much better condition! Now I want wax and a seal. Did you happen to include a single googly eye sticker thing, because I noticed it on my desk when I put your letter away, and I don't own any. :tinfoil: I will write you back, I've just been shamelessly lazy.

The googly eye was glued onto the eye of the rubber stamp figure on the letter but I guess it came unglued. :sigh: I need to get the hang of what not to mail in the post! (Googly eyes, wax seals, etc.)

The mental image of you coming back to your table and finding a single, unblinking googly eye staring at you is hilarious.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

The googly eye was glued onto the eye of the rubber stamp figure on the letter but I guess it came unglued. :sigh: I need to get the hang of what not to mail in the post! (Googly eyes, wax seals, etc.)

The mental image of you coming back to your table and finding a single, unblinking googly eye staring at you is hilarious.

The all knowing eye! :ohdear:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

ProfessorMurder posted:

I got an envelope of stuff from Thermophonic Joy last week. Thanks a lot! But there's no way I'm putting my lips on a balloon I got from a goon. A goon balloon. A bagoon.

You're welcome! I'm sure the balloon is safe. I didn't pre-use them or anything. :lol:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
lamb I got your halloween mail, and I loved it! I love the little bandaids and everything else that came with it!The card was gorgeous! Thank you!!!

Kafkas Gold Fish Thank you for the postcard and the well wishes, it was very thoughtful of you!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I also got awesome mail from Kafka's Goldfish! I'll reply this week. =D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Lamb! Thank you for the Halloween mail! The Gremlins trading cards are awesome, but I have to admit I have no idea what Garbage Pail Kids is/are.