Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Holy crap, I'm going to have to dig through the archive for the exact time (edit: should be here), but iateyourpie lost a Paper Mario run in the best way. Skype chat and stream somehow distracted him long enough while he was using his 1hp strats, accidentally first attacks a pyro guy, and took 1 damage since he didn't have a badge to keep him safe from hitting it, after he skipped getting a life shroom earlier to save some time.

RIP Paper Mario run ~~(_°<°_)~~

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Cosmo is racing Siglemic in Majora's Mask. I usually avoid both of them but I think everyone's seen what happened last time they did this.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

E-Tap posted:

RIP Paper Mario run ~~(_°<°_)~~

Haha, I totally made that gif after I watched pie get wrecked by Bowser in one of his runs.

Also made this at his request:

The speedy spin badge (which makes you spin dash faster so is absolutely necessary for a speedrun) is luck-based on whether it appears at that shop, and he always seems to get screwed by it. Dunno why he hates the seagull so much though, I think it has a certain 'whoever made me obviously didn't give a poo poo' charm to it.

Pie's reactions are pretty great, hearing a skype full of people giving him poo poo while he plows through Paper Mario for four hours and then ends up getting screwed partway through in some random way always makes me laugh.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SeXReX posted:

Cosmo is racing Siglemic in Majora's Mask. I usually avoid both of them but I think everyone's seen what happened last time they did this.

Why would you avoid them? Too mainstream?

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Everdraed posted:

Haha, I totally made that gif after I watched pie get wrecked by Bowser in one of his runs.
Yes, both of the goonie gifs are so amazing, I crack up each time they pop up in chat. The shop one got a ton of use from the smwmarathon bonus stream run when he had to refresh the shop list almost a dozen times for dodge master.

Everdraed posted:

Pie's reactions are pretty great, hearing a skype full of people giving him poo poo while he plows through Paper Mario for four hours and then ends up getting screwed partway through in some random way always makes me laugh.
That's what made tonight's blooper so great. He manned up in the smwmarathon run demonstrating the discipline he's learned from speedrunning the game over the past couple months. Then forgets all about it tonight and dies from momentarily forgetting about enemies that can kill him if he gets a first attack on them. The best part is no less than a minute before that he jokingly refutes reacting too much. "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! I don't overreact!"
Like Sn64 mentioned several pages back, the stream overall is definitely way more entertaining than you would expect a 4 hour rpg stream to be.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Peaches_ just got a new WR in Doom 64 (57:07) and is working on beating it.
http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Werster is at it again participating in the Pokemon Crystal !Randomized! Race (Beat Red)

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who gets randomly logged out of twitch.tv every so often? It never happens with other sites.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
The TAS itself isn't particularly great, I feel, but recently the very first Gamecube TAS was published: 007 Nightfire.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Zeether posted:

Peaches_ just got a new WR in Doom 64 (57:07) and is working on beating it.
http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

And he just did, 54:20 now.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

helopticor posted:

The TAS itself isn't particularly great, I feel, but recently the very first Gamecube TAS was published: 007 Nightfire.

First published, but not produced or popularized, unless I'm misremembering things. I seem to recall a very entertaining Mario Sunshine TAS from awhile back, at the least.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Violen posted:

I seem to recall a very entertaining Mario Sunshine TAS from awhile back, at the least.

Yeah, I watched it on Nico and it was pretty great. Someone's mirrored it to this account.

e: Wow, I'd forgotten how rough it is starting out. It does get a lot better, though.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 11, 2012

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
PJdicesare is streaming more Battletoads + Double Dragon NES with mecha_richter. If you thought the original Battletoads was pretty broken, this game steps up to the challenge of surpassing it. The BT+DD run for AGDQ2013 is probably my most anticipated run for the marathon.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 11, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

E-Tap posted:

PJdicesare is streaming more Battletoads + Double Dragon NES with mecha_richter. If you thought the original Battletoads was pretty broken, this game steps up to the challenge of surpassing it. The BT+DD run for AGDQ2013 is probably my most anticipated run for the marathon.

I never knew BT+DD was for the NES as well :monocle:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

No one has ever accused Donkey Kong 64 of being well-programmed, but this new glitch really has to take the cake. You may have heard of Swimming Through Vertical Walls, but now you can just straight up Lag Through Vertical Walls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-E5QFtCbtI

Also Peaches is running Doom 64 some more after a short snack break: http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

<@murphagator> gently caress this I'm eating an orange

1:11:27 is the best starting point.

E: New Doom 64 record, 51:32!

iastudent fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 11, 2012

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Haha, and just after he finishes the run, someone links a timesaver on YouTube that can easily cut a few minutes off the run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqzN7BYVNBE

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode
DK64 will forever be the worst good game I've ever played.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Peaches nearly set a new WR for Doom 64. And that was after quite a few failed runs due to items not spawning, enemies getting in his way, elevators loving up, forgetting to press buttons, falling down a few times and in the end the final boss trolling him.

Mecha Richter
Oct 19, 2012

E-Tap posted:

hahaha that image sums up the game really well. It's good to see that BtDD is getting a lot of hype. I'm personally really excited about running it at AGDQ and I know PJ is as well.

Dizz posted:

I never knew BT+DD was for the NES as well :monocle:

The NES version is the far superior version. The glitches you can do are absolutely incredible.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Pie's stream is pretty great. I love me some Paper Mario, too.

EDIT:

Mikael Kreoss fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 12, 2012

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012
Pie's stream is super amazing. People spamming Taylor Swift's twitter to try and get her to race Paper Mario against Pie while spoonfeeding him oatmeal.

It's shocking he can pay as much attention to his speedrunning as he does.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Zeeco posted:

Pie's stream is super amazing. People spamming Taylor Swift's twitter to try and get her to race Paper Mario against Pie while spoonfeeding him oatmeal.

It's shocking he can pay as much attention to his speedrunning as he does.

This has made my loving weekend.

EDIT: And we made him reset by distracting him #swiftpie
EDIT2: I have no idea what's even going on any more :psyduck:

Mikael Kreoss fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 12, 2012

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cosmo has 1500 viewers streaming himself painting his nails. He was even on the front page for a few minutes!

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode

Silento posted:

Cosmo has 1500 viewers streaming himself painting his nails. He was even on the front page for a few minutes!

1750 now. At some point, does this just seem creepy to anyone else?

The hilarious thing is like half the other streamers on the SRL channel are complaining about it, too.

Jakuvious fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 12, 2012

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It has now overtaken Call of Duty: MW3 for active viewers. I'm not sure what that says.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Thousands of people literally watching paint dry.

I do like the colour he chose, though.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Jakuvious posted:

1750 now. At some point, does this just seem creepy to anyone else?

Creepy by the fans? Yes.

But who wouldn't paint their nails if they got major money for it?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
If watching Cosmo paint his nails is creepy then what about that time I watched Arrow oiling himself up for Mario?

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode

MrLonghair posted:

Creepy by the fans? Yes.

But who wouldn't paint their nails if they got major money for it?

Oh, I don't blame Cosmo one bit. I don't even think it too weird that he paints his nails. I mean, if he wants to, who cares? Especially if it pays.

I just will never understand those paying for it.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
The creepiest will forever be the guy in a diaper for Yoshi's Island.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

HoldYourFire posted:

If watching Cosmo paint his nails is creepy then what about that time I watched Arrow oiling himself up for Mario?

I don't know about Arrow doing anything but it sure did remind me of this lovely video featuring old SM64 player ShadowofMyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxU1Sda8oQ

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Peaches is streaming more Doom 64 attempts. He also has a Chipin up to help him raise money to help with his surgery expenses (more info in his channel info section): http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

usedpizza posted:

I don't know about Arrow doing anything but it sure did remind me of this lovely video featuring old SM64 player ShadowofMyles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxU1Sda8oQ

Yeah, that's the one. Don't know why I thought it was Arrow.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

There is something hilarious about runners painting nails and greasing themselves up for the BIG GAME. I've noticed when the cam is on the hands the nail paint does make it easier to see buttons being pressed.

What time did he get?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Peaches is streaming more Doom 64 attempts. He also has a Chipin up to help him raise money to help with his surgery expenses (more info in his channel info section): http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__

Every time I see Peaches on stream, it looks more and more like he's trapped in a Soviet labor camp that makes the inmates speed run games in some cold-war era plot gone awry.

Here's to a speedy recovery Peaches!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Peaches just got a 47:33, he's getting scary on this game even for having to play on his side. :stare:

E: After a break he's gonna do Eltale Monsters (JP Quest 64) any%... which technically there isn't a record for yet?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
At least we haven't caught a speedrunner jerking off on stream yet.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

E: After a break he's gonna do Eltale Monsters (JP Quest 64) any%... which technically there isn't a record for yet?
Keep in mind each minute you do not have the stream open, you are missing out on the best streamcam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

This isn't a speedrun per se but Trihex is streaming Paper Mario Sticker Star using a 3DS direct capture device: http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

Also Peaches is moving right along to Mischief Makers and iateyourpie is doing Paper Mario (the original) English record attempts: http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie

• Locked thread