Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hammer Floyd posted:

Metal with banjos. There may be a reason why nobody's ever done it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Rz79SeTsE

I'm pretty ashamed to admit this song is what made me discover Credence Clearwater Revival but there it is; metal with banjos.

edit: also what sounds like a player piano at one point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Olibu posted:

It's a weaker album but the hyperbole isn't necessary.

No, Caleb is the best of a very terrible album and literally the only song I'd not skip on that album. This is coming from someone who was a huge SA fan back when I was an embarrassing teenager.

hemophilia posted:

I'm pretty ashamed to admit this song is what made me discover Credence Clearwater Revival but there it is; metal with banjos.

The end justifies the means, CCR is fantastic.

edit: Seriouspost, there was a Super Mario Bros. cartoon years ago that I watched the gently caress out of a few episodes of as a kid because I had it on VHS. Anyway one episode involved them being on a paddle-steamer boat and they played Proud Mary during that scene. I loved the song and would annoy mum and dad by singing it in my retarded kid voice so they purchased me the CCR greatest hits double-cassette and that's how I got in to CCR so if you're embarrassed about finding out about them because of CoB, I've got you topped.

edit: Holy poo poo this is it

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 12, 2012

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Napalm Death brought it so loving hard tonight.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
SOTB are loving fantastic and I wish they'll release more material soon. Preferably more Amon Amarth covers, too.

On another note, I've been in Youtube watching some clips from the ongoing Nightwish tour with Floor Jansen, and good grief I hope they'll recruit her permanently because her stage charisma is pretty drat amazing and she certainly has the range and power to sing anything the band has ever put out.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nordick posted:

SOTB are loving fantastic and I wish they'll release more material soon. Preferably more Amon Amarth covers, too.

On another note, I've been in Youtube watching some clips from the ongoing Nightwish tour with Floor Jansen, and good grief I hope they'll recruit her permanently because her stage charisma is pretty drat amazing and she certainly has the range and power to sing anything the band has ever put out.

I might give a gently caress about Nightwish again if they got her. Probably not though, because they still aren't writing good music lately.

Cat Planet
Jun 26, 2010

:420: :catdrugs: :420:
Can't wait to see Imaginaerum: the movie :allears:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Helloween's first single for their upcoming album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiKZv8mISfU
The quality is poo poo, since it was recorded from a radio (it was premiered yesterday) and, apparently, it's not the fullsong. Still, a great Helloween tune.

Here's our review of the Cradle of Filth, Rotting Christ, God Seed and Dark End show, by the way:
http://www.metalblast.net/2012/11/cradle-of-filth-god-seed-rotting-christ-dark-end-nov-8-2012/
There are some pictures there, if anybody wants a higher-res one, let me know (we're still learning the magical art of concert photography in very low light situations :P)

Redrum and Coke fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 12, 2012

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Helloween make me sad. They used to be my absolute #1 favourite band, but after The Dark Ride (which is a drat good album, gently caress you haters) they've just been so relentlessly mediocre. I want to keep liking them, but try as I might I just can't get much anything out of their post-Dark Ride stuff. :(
Welp, at least Master of the Rings will never cease being loving awesome.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I'd almost forgotten what an animal of a drummer Uli Kusch is.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 12, 2012

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
That might be the most obnoxious non-centred watermark I've seen in some time. It takes up 1/8th of your photo and is not only large, bold text, but a coloured symbol on mostly b/w snaps.

There's really no need for any watermark to be that size. The images range from their longest side being 600px (portrait) to 800px (landscape), the most anybody can do with those is make a postcard. In terms of promoting the website, a much smaller watermark would be just as efficacious.

Oh and pick up 35/50mm and 85mm primes, preferably f1.8 or lower.

The Clit Avoider fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 12, 2012

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

I'M NOT ABOUT TO START SPENDING MONEY ON THE FORUMS, THANKS.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Napalm Death brought it so loving hard tonight.

Yeah, they were on pretty good in Seattle on Saturday.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

The Clit Avoider posted:

That might be the most obnoxious non-centred watermark I've seen in some time. It takes up 1/8th of your photo and is not only large, bold text, but a coloured symbol on mostly b/w snaps.

There's really no need for any watermark to be that size. The images range from their longest side being 600px (portrait) to 800px (landscape), the most anybody can do with those is make a postcard. In terms of promoting the website, a much smaller watermark would be just as efficacious.

Oh and pick up 35/50mm and 85mm primes, preferably f1.8 or lower.

I know about the aperture thing, but I appreciate the input. I'm planning to get some new lenses and a new body in December, so we'll see how that plays out.
As for the watermark, it's the first comment I get on that, but I appreciate the advice.
Regarding the B&W, the lighting was really bad, mostly with red lights that made color photography (for someone of my level) just unthinkable (also, in the case of God Seed light was coming almost 100% of the time from the background and nothing from the front, so I was really happy to see that I was able to get something more than silhouettes).
Any other advice, or insults, please feel free to send me a PM. Also, if you're any good at concert photography and would like a chance to go to gigs and practice (unless you're already doing that) drop me a line here or through the contact for on the website.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Non Serviam posted:

You, sir, are not familiar with Hayseed Dixie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mU2lJKkQ04

More terrible things should be paired up with random anime. As surrealist comedy it's quite effective.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

I was actually about to post this same song in response to Metal + Banjos... Both this version and the original are awesome. Maybe I'm biased towards Amon Amarth because I'm part Viking :)

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Omniblivion posted:

I was actually about to post this same song in response to Metal + Banjos... Both this version and the original are awesome. Maybe I'm biased towards Amon Amarth because I'm part Viking :)

The beard part? :P

Also, where are these guys from? The lady doing the intro has a very thick Spanish accent.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Nordick posted:

Helloween make me sad. They used to be my absolute #1 favourite band, but after The Dark Ride (which is a drat good album, gently caress you haters) they've just been so relentlessly mediocre. I want to keep liking them, but try as I might I just can't get much anything out of their post-Dark Ride stuff. :(
Welp, at least Master of the Rings will never cease being loving awesome.

EDIT: Holy poo poo I'd almost forgotten what an animal of a drummer Uli Kusch is.

I enjoyed their most recent two albums, although they really cut back on the power metal stuff, which is a shame. They had a prolonged period of crappiness though.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

We received an e-mail from a metal magazine today. I honestly can't believe that this website is real (or that it has been updated in the last 15 years): http://www.rockmetalbands.com/home.htm

It's like my early days on the internet

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nordick posted:

Helloween make me sad. They used to be my absolute #1 favourite band, but after The Dark Ride (which is a drat good album, gently caress you haters) they've just been so relentlessly mediocre.

This is literally every Metal band I listened to when I was younger I think

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Non Serviam posted:

We received an e-mail from a metal magazine today. I honestly can't believe that this website is real (or that it has been updated in the last 15 years): http://www.rockmetalbands.com/home.htm

Holy poo poo what is this

I love the BIG rear end :911: at the bottom

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Are Dark Funeral worth seeing live? I like their recorded stuff, I guess.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Non Serviam posted:

quote:

more quickly surfed via broadband access, compatible with IE 8/Firefox/Opera/Opera Mini/Safari/Maxthon/Netscape/Google Chrome/Camino/Samsung-SGH-i600/K-meleon/Flock/Netfront/Konqueror/Seamonkey/Skyfire/Playstation 3/Avant browser/Green browser/Slim browser/Ultra browser/Sleipnir/Android/Lunascape/Mozilla compatible agent or another non-sucky browser); optimized for energetic saving, reduced-environment impact and to make reading less eye-tiring
:psypop:

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Are Dark Funeral worth seeing live? I like their recorded stuff, I guess.

I HATED them when I saw them with Grave. The singer is a clown, trying to get into the School Of Nergal with his stage antics.

Their drummer, however, was a loving machine. I'd watch that guy play any day of the week.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

The beard part? :P

Also, where are these guys from? The lady doing the intro has a very thick Spanish accent.

They're actually both from Sweeden.

I work in the financial industry, so sadly I can't have a full on beard :(

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Shok Paris are a badass heavy metal band from the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWX7OC6TltM

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Morbid Florist posted:

I HATED them when I saw them with Grave. The singer is a clown, trying to get into the School Of Nergal with his stage antics.

Their drummer, however, was a loving machine. I'd watch that guy play any day of the week.

gently caress that, then. Thanks.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Machine Head is off the Dethklok tour for nine shows since Robb needed emergency surgery.

http://machinehead1.com/board_posts/mh-forced-to-leave-current-tour-due-to-flynns-health

I was looking forward to seeing them, too.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

So, uh, the post credits scene in Black Ops 2 is... well, see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6ZUCoa5Ns

An Avenged Sevenfold concert, rendered in the game engine. For some reason.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Destroy Video Games

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

IRQ posted:

So, uh, the post credits scene in Black Ops 2 is... well, see for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6ZUCoa5Ns

if you could put in a code and unleash a holocaust while all that goes on, it would be worth it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
UUDDLRLRBA SELECT START

THERE REMAINS ONLY ONE ENEMY

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Morbid Florist posted:

if you could put in a code and unleash a holocaust while all that goes on, it would be worth it.
The incredibly sparse crowd is reward enough

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Morbid Florist posted:

Mecha-Portnoy wouldn't even be that out of place so that might be a DLC.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

IRQ posted:

Adios mio

lol

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Misogynist posted:

The incredibly sparse crowd is reward enough

Is this how you're supposed to dance at a metal show? I've been doing it wrong all this time...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Meh, Blind Guardian did that years ago in Sacred 2!
And it wasn't hidden away after the credits, it was in the middle of the goddamn game, after you did the corresponding sidequest of getting back the band's stuff that had been stolen by goblins or zombies or whatever. As a final reward you got their instruments to use as gear, like the guitars were battleaxes and Hansi's mic stand was a magic staff. Even a drumstick as a dagger.
Not a bad song either.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Zodijackylite posted:

Shok Paris are a badass heavy metal band from the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWX7OC6TltM

Yeah they are, Go For the Throat is a hell of an album, Steel and Starlight is rad too.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

IRQ posted:

This is so offensively bad ahaha

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 22, 2016

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I'm not very familiar with Avenged Sevenfold, do they really have an 70-year-old looking dude behind the drums or is this some Black Ops joke?
Well, they did tour with Mike Portnoy for awhile.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Misogynist posted:

Well, they did tour with Mike Portnoy for awhile.

Nah, if they were going for that he would have had a blue beard to seem younger. Or maybe to seem to be from Essos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I'm not very familiar with Avenged Sevenfold, do they really have an 70-year-old looking dude behind the drums or is this some Black Ops joke?

Sadly someone beat me to the Mike Portnoy joke.

I think it's just bad rendering.