Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

scarycave posted:

Looks like my power came back just in time for the fight.
Shits about to get real.:allears:

Is it just me or is LazyB's coyote 100x better than the original? I can't help but hearing all his lines being read by Hannibal Lecture.

//Edit//
Demaro is a replicant.

Yeah man Lazerbot's dialogue for Coyote is way better than the dialogue he used to have in the Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In case anyone was wondering when another motion comic would finally pop up, I'll give you an update:

I still don't have power since Hurricane Sandy (no house damage, thankfully.). I was just about to start on 4-2 right before the storm and had no idea I'd be out for two weeks. I'm hoping for this weekend now (provided I get power back by then).

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
An entire goddamn trashbag full of ready to go-blunts. Cheeto Man is the loving best.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
I haven't really thought about it before, but something that lazy-B does pretty well is picking colours, it always blends together so well. Most of the time the weird fanart-type of literature that is this comic just got terrible art AND godawful colouring, but this comic has at least good colouring.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like how rather than just having the Coyote/Roadrunner conflict take place in the generic grassy land that TGT takes place in, they have instead traveled to a desert to match the source material.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I love that they're in a desert but Knuckles's over the border drug deal with Cheeto Man involves illicit goods from Canada, and not, say, Mexico.

This comic is amazing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Regy Rusty posted:

I like how rather than just having the Coyote/Roadrunner conflict take place in the generic grassy land that TGT takes place in, they have instead traveled to a desert to match the source material.

Well it is his comfort zone, but I guess we have to update that map.

Also, yeah, the palette in this scene is pretty great, I wonder if he picked the colors from a screenshot.

Edit: Oh god, I'm calling it right now. Knuckles catches the Road Runner with weed, and that's why he thinks he can come up with good plans.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Look at all that gra-gra!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cheetoman as the drug dealer is one of those things you saw it coming on hindsight but still manages to surprise you.

"its some great a poo poo from canada"

EDIT: That's some really loving cheap weed as well. A bag that size for 400 dollars?

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 12, 2012

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Lazerbot, I hate to tell you this, but you can't buy a garbage bag filled to the brim with joints for $400 in Canada.

I know, I know, I wish it were true too :(

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

zoomdog posted:

Lazerbot, I hate to tell you this, but you can't buy a garbage bag filled to the brim with joints for $400 in Canada.

I know, I know, I wish it were true too :(

You could if your dealer was the Cheetoman.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Aristobulus posted:

You could if your dealer was the Cheetoman.

This is half his stock we're talking about here. I think he had to get rid of it all real fast. The cops were on his trail.

Edit: Look at the second panel. Guess Knuckles isn't wearing mittens after all.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 12, 2012

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Cheetoman isn't actually a dealer, he was just wandering in the desert, with a trashbag full of blunts.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
So is it a coincidence that the Neutrals' body bags look exactly like Knuckles' bag o' joints? Are Coyote and Demaro going to resolve their situation with the help of some great a Canadian gra gra?

Also all that effort of rolling a garbage bag's worth of joints would be pretty wasted if no one had exactly $400.

Electric Pope
Oct 29, 2011

Oh I'm still alive
I'm still alive
I can't apologize, no

Greggster posted:

I haven't really thought about it before, but something that lazy-B does pretty well is picking colours, it always blends together so well. Most of the time the weird fanart-type of literature that is this comic just got terrible art AND godawful colouring, but this comic has at least good colouring.

Yeah it's easily the biggest reason that the comic, crudely drawn as it is, is generally at least easy on the eyes. And if you look at his favourited pieces on deviantart, he tends to favourite things that make especially good use of colour, and having good taste is the first step to making good art. Most lovely DA fanartists favourite other lovely fanart.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:geno: "That sounds like a stupid idea, I'm not gonna just give you explosives for a stupid plan like that."

:mad: "BUGS COME OVER HERE AND CONVINCE THIS GUY THAT THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!"

Today's page had some of the best, funniest dialogue I've ever read from a webcomic.

Also, the rather explicit endorsement of weed. Keep rocking those awesome Public Service Announcements, lazerbot! :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lazerbot drew some pretty cool looking rock formations in the background in panel 3.

Also they are going to catch the roadrunner by laying all the blunts down on the road much like Wile would do with birdseed. The roadrunner will be too stoned to run away.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

JazzFlight posted:

In case anyone was wondering when another motion comic would finally pop up, I'll give you an update:

I still don't have power since Hurricane Sandy (no house damage, thankfully.). I was just about to start on 4-2 right before the storm and had no idea I'd be out for two weeks. I'm hoping for this weekend now (provided I get power back by then).

Sorry to hear that. Went through a similar situation a few years back in a bad ice storm and it's terrible.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

JazzFlight posted:

Good things take time! And completely incidental, more time to get my lines for Kermit done. :v:

TGT occupies my thoughts lately. I heard "Rainbow Connection" on the radio the other day and I involuntarily replaced the chorus with:

Someday we'll find it
The Trolling Connection
The Slayers, The Neutrals, and me

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Have you been waiting for Chapter 4: "Deceit" to be made watermarkless on tailsgetstrolled.com? You need wait no longer!

(Looks like the watermarks end for good after chapter 5, so I won't be making any announcements of fixes to the later chapters [i.e. fixed post times and character tags added] until they're all done)

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Constable Lemon posted:

Lazerbot drew some pretty cool looking rock formations in the background in panel 3.

The background really is nice looking. Compare it to the original Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

"hey do you smoke weed?
if not, you should try it,it's
awesome"

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

LazerBot posted:

jazz flight i believe in you pal :)
and i believe in your voice acting Aramek and i wish you luck you skilled batsards you ;)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I wonder if the batsard was unintentional or is fanservice at this point.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

JazzFlight posted:

Sorry to hear that dude.

I don't think 400 dollars will buy you two wal-mart bags full of blunts, let alone an entire huge black trashbag full of them.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Power's back! Here's hoping to work on the new motion comic soon.

Glad to be back in modern, electricity-powered civilization.

Edit: also, I'm seriously loving this Road Runner flashback. This is pure gold.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
yo dog mother fucker,

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
"no its an awesome loving plan"

What. A. Callback. Endlessly echoing the lazerlove.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

One of my favorite things in the entire comic is that a Fake Justen Bever Concert is a crucial plot point that set in motion several branching storylines.

I kind of want to see Lazerbot try his hand at drawing Bever. So far he's only appeared in a a poster.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ I bet he'd be wearing one of those Naruto-cloaks.

withheldmcfakename posted:

"no its an awesome loving plan"

What. A. Callback. Endlessly echoing the lazerlove.

Maybe this is the actual codename for the plan. Also, is the drug-dealing community always this mutually friendly and respecting?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

RETURN OF THE BUGS!

I am Reverend posted:

Also all that effort of rolling a garbage bag's worth of joints would be pretty wasted if no one had exactly $400.

Well I smoked smart weed and I figure you could just take out a few handfuls if your customers were a few bucks short :eng101:

Also I love that Knucles tries to convince Cheetoman that he isn't a snitch by... erm... snitching on himself.

To anyone saying that the weed is too cheap to be realistic: that's your issue with this comic? Not that it has entirely its own geography and yet Canada still exists?

Now I do like that blunt birdseed plan, but I thought that perhaps Shadow would use his super speed to catch Roadrunner. Perhaps both?

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

simplefish posted:

Now I do like that blunt birdseed plan, but I thought that perhaps Shadow would use his super speed to catch Roadrunner. Perhaps both?

I'm banking on neither, and the true answer will be something completely insane that will still make perfect sense within the TGT universe. Because every time I've thought I had a handle on where things were going, I end up being gloriously wrong.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

horriblePencilist posted:

I wonder if the batsard was unintentional or is fanservice at this point.

Earlier today he had said, "new page you bastards" while posting the new page on Facebook. The first comment was, "I think you mean batsards, Mr. B!" to which Lazerbot replied, "lol."

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ Oh god, the first signs of a fanbase have already begun. Not too long until they'll come up with a name to identify TGT-fans and create Ponify-modifications that tints the internet in LayzB-lingo.

simplefish posted:

To anyone saying that the weed is too cheap to be realistic: that's your issue with this comic? Not that it has entirely its own geography and yet Canada still exists?

Dude, do you really wanna talk loving Sonic geography? Because I assume you should know how that's gonna turn out. TGT-canon Sonic-lore will never be as hosed as SEGA-canon Sonic-lore.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

nerdbot posted:

I kind of want to see Lazerbot try his hand at drawing Bever. So far he's only appeared in a a poster.

If I recall correctly, Bever was captured by the trolls after the fake concert.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

If I recall correctly, Bever was captured by the trolls after the fake concert.

Yeah, they "cut of his dick and they were all surprise he had one" if I remember right.

Still, he was never outright killed, it seems. Maybe there's an opportunity to meet the Beevs while they're all fighting in the troll tower.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 13, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn that last panel is killing me. :laffo: Jesus, I missed you, Bugs Bunny.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

^ Oh god, the first signs of a fanbase have already begun. Not too long until they'll come up with a name to identify TGT-fans and create Ponify-modifications that tints the internet in LayzB-lingo.

I don't know what Ponify-modifications are, but TGT-fans already have a name, "them people." It was discussed earlier in this thread. :getin:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I think by now it's mandatory for LazyB to include one "hmmmmmm" in every panel.

Paramemetic posted:

I don't know what Ponify-modifications are, but TGT-fans already have a name, "them people." It was discussed earlier in this thread. :getin:
The most useless or most useful plugin for your browser, depending on your creativity. But by default, it's pretty baffling.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Dude, do you really wanna talk loving Sonic geography? Because I assume you should know how that's gonna turn out. TGT-canon Sonic-lore will never be as hosed as SEGA-canon Sonic-lore.

Green hills and beachy stuff -> a Cemetery with loving lava for some reason -> A construction site where all the workers were probably squished -> An ancient labyrinth that's submerged in green water and introduces that scary as poo poo drowning music -> A city with the best music ever -> A factory.

Sounds legit. :v: