Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

scarycave posted:

Green hills and beachy stuff -> a Cemetery with loving lava for some reason -> A construction site where all the workers were probably squished -> An ancient labyrinth that's submerged in green water and introduces that scary as poo poo drowning music -> A city with the best music ever -> A factory.

Sounds like every Sonic the Hedgehog game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

scarycave posted:

Green hills and beachy stuff -> a Cemetery with loving lava for some reason -> A construction site where all the workers were probably squished -> An ancient labyrinth that's submerged in green water and introduces that scary as poo poo drowning music -> A city with the best music ever -> A factory.

Sounds legit. :v:

See, I didn't even take the batshit insane progression through a single Sonic-game in consideration. It gets broken beyond repair if you compare the SA-games, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06, which just HAD to throw in humans for no reason.
If you think it's weird that Troll City is somewhere near Canada, just consider it's considered canon that the same anthropomorphic blue hedgehog who jumped through Green Hill Zone chatted with the President of the United States only years later.
(Was Sonic Unleashed on another planet? That's what I always assumed.)

Wait a second, Troll City is the castle the Troll King conquered during the middle ages, right? Wouldn't that mean the story is set in Europe?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Let's see. Trolls come from Nose mythology. The Norse came as far west as Greenland at the very least so perhaps that's where the troll base is. That's not terribly far from Canada.

And Greenland has areas that are technically a desert and I suppose if you found a glacier at just the right time during the month-long sunset it would be illuminated in orange, thereby corroborating the beginning of this chapter.

Or perhaps lazerbot hasn't put a hell of a lot of forethought into the geography of his epic fantasy tale of necromancers and dragonborns and Earth-benders and Pacman.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wiley continues his streak as the smartest guy in the comic.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

scarycave posted:

a Cemetery with loving lava for some reason

Those were meant to be Grecian ruins with loving lava for some reason.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I'm almost positive Bugs is going to proposition Wile with sexual favors.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
I can't believe that after seeing this thread in GBS many months ago, it has taken me this long to realize the greatness that is TGT. I just spent the past couple days reading the past 100 pages of this thread (after reading the first couple chapters on the tgt.com site).

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Let's see. Trolls come from Nose mythology. The Norse came as far west as Greenland at the very least so perhaps that's where the troll base is. That's not terribly far from Canada.

And Greenland has areas that are technically a desert and I suppose if you found a glacier at just the right time during the month-long sunset it would be illuminated in orange, thereby corroborating the beginning of this chapter.

Or perhaps lazerbot hasn't put a hell of a lot of forethought into the geography of his epic fantasy tale of necromancers and dragonborns and Earth-benders and Pacman.

Except that Looney Tunes specifically stated that Road Runner and Coyote live in Arizona. I suppose they could have moved, though. And hey, we don't have actual proof that Troll City is the same castle the Troll King conquered all those years ago, right? Finally, just because Trolls originate from Norse mythology doesn't have to mean he lived here, much less originated from there. Also, let's not forget Shadow and Knuckles can run pretty fast, so they could have easily travelled far to reach Arizona. As for Bugs Bunny, well...

I'm assuming he did this. Just makes you wonder why and how Knuckles set this meet with Cheeto Man up.
Some smart weed, perhaps?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This was posted on Facebook. Shadow Villains made using Warioware DIY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dc6mwRaxKE

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

it's considered canon that the same anthropomorphic blue hedgehog who jumped through Green Hill Zone chatted with the President of the United States only years later.
(Was Sonic Unleashed on another planet? That's what I always assumed.)

If you don't mind me getting nerdy about it, yeah, Sonic Unleashed onwards is set on a Not Quite Earth planet. Colors, Sonic 4 and Generations all use the same geography as the planet from Unleashed whenever Sonic goes into space and you can see down below. I think Sega is more or less trying to pretend that Adventure 1 through Sonic 2006 just didn't happen (outside of Generations, of course), and who can blame them.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Well, look what I started.

I think I've been misunderstood. I wasn't trying to say "LB's world is stranger than its source!" but "LB's world is stranger than $1/weed having a different value in an alternate universe!"

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

I'm almost positive Bugs is going to proposition Wile with sexual favors.

Yeah that was pretty much my first thought.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

nerdbot posted:

If you don't mind me getting nerdy about it, yeah, Sonic Unleashed onwards is set on a Not Quite Earth planet. Colors, Sonic 4 and Generations all use the same geography as the planet from Unleashed whenever Sonic goes into space and you can see down below. I think Sega is more or less trying to pretend that Adventure 1 through Sonic 2006 just didn't happen (outside of Generations, of course), and who can blame them.

I don't know - I kind of liked Station Square, it was fun standing in front of a car and backing up traffic, then throwing the burger man into the sea, robbing an antique shop, glitching out of the train, etc.

Heck, I even liked that town from Sonic 06 - the music really sold it and the Venice theme was kind of nice, too bad it wasn't finished at all since it looks like extreme copy-paste. In a world where patches are possible it's amazing that Sega did not try to immediately fix all this poo poo. Which makes me think there lazy assholes and did not give a poo poo about the game.

Sonic Unleashed had the best human design - the cartoony style at least makes sense as opposed to the realistic styles and uncanny styles (Little girl from SA2 - :gonk:) unless they were doing a roger rabbit thing (they were not).

Sonic kind of fits with the Looney Toons style so them living in the same world is kind of believable.

Lazerbot doesn't care about this though. His diamond is much to crazy.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

High shovel!

But I think we're dealing with something way more powerful here than we expect from the other neutrals. I mean, he wants roadrunner structurally intact but does not care at all about the brain since he just told them to shoot roadrunner in the head.

Once again I am kept in amazing suspense.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
I really can't wait to see what kind of looney tunes shenanigans Roadrunner does to get out of this and how they can counter something like that.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Huh, apparently Knuckles' gloves do have 3 fingers. At least, in TGT-canon.
I love that High Shovel moment, Bugs has no idea what's going on.

Also, I asked LazyB where the story was set.
"Hey LazyB, do we know where the story of Tails Gets Trolled is set, or is this a secret?"
"the fans don't know where the story is going and i hope to keep it that way"
Either he has no idea himself, or it's going to be a big reveal.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
This entire chapter is likely to be a series of escalating traps and tricks as they try and catch the Road Runner and fail that will last longer than the Demaro battle, just out of spite.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"Shadow, dude, don't forget to high shovel or else the viewers will complain."

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I love how the roadrunner is going "beep beep" instead of meep meep.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

This entire chapter is likely to be a series of escalating traps and tricks as they try and catch the Road Runner and fail that will last longer than the Demaro battle, just out of spite.

You say this like it's a bad thing. Shadow the Hedgehog trying to kill the Road Runner while stoned out of his mind is everything I ever could have asked for.

But it'd be really funny if just trapping him in a hole somehow works even though by all means it shouldn't. The same sort of thing applied to Tom killing Jarry with poisoned milk.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are they going to hit RR with some gra gra smoke so it gets high and slows down?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Also, I asked LazyB where the story was set.
"Hey LazyB, do we know where the story of Tails Gets Trolled is set, or is this a secret?"
"the fans don't know where the story is going and i hope to keep it that way"
Either he has no idea himself, or it's going to be a big reveal.
I think he misinterpreted your question.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Would anyone complain if this actually happens?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
After pages and pages of increasingly complex traps, they just pay a guy to tell them where he lives and kill him while he sleeps.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

High shovel, indeed.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God drat I love this comic. High shovel indeed!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope the rest of this chapter is basically just like a Roadrunner cartoon.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Lazy B posted:

and i believe in your voice acting Aramek and i wish you luck you skilled batsards you
Oh man. :sweatdrop: The heat is all cranked up now. Seriously, Chapter 5 has been so much harder to do than all the others, I dunno how I'm going to be able to make it to where I can be proud of it, but, time to get off my rear end and power though this poo poo.

High shovel indeed.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Vogon Poet posted:

Would anyone complain if this actually happens?

I certainly wouldn't. :munch:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Either they're gonna get the Road Runner within 2-3 pages, or we'll get 2 chapters of Looney Tunes classics featuring Shadow and Knuckles in LazyB-style. If so, that'd be one hell of a fake-out. I mean, who thought the fight gets interrupted with one of the most anticipated flashbacks?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I like that Roadrunner is loving fast enough to make the so-called fastest characters in the Videogames to look slow as gently caress in comparison. Looney Tunes own hard :allears:.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Lazerbot please make it so tia.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Aramek posted:

Oh man. :sweatdrop: The heat is all cranked up now. Seriously, Chapter 5 has been so much harder to do than all the others, I dunno how I'm going to be able to make it to where I can be proud of it, but, time to get off my rear end and power though this poo poo.

High shovel indeed.

Man, you need voices for every Defender if you're going to do what you did with the Slaiyer team.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Just imagine when Demaro goes against the Road-Runner and gets his rear end handed to him - I'm thinking Demaro is going go screaming off a cliff and then making a big dust ball when he hits the ground. :allears:

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
Oh my god, this would be the best chapter. I can just picture them thinking they have the most brilliant ideas while Coyote just stares in disbelief at their idiocy. Shame none of those catalogs ever had an Acme Gun, otherwise Coyote could have tried that one for himself

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Twitch posted:

I really hope the rest of this chapter is basically just like a Roadrunner cartoon.

God I hope this is the case; those bits were my favorite Looney Tunes.

Them managing to just kill the Roadrunner easily and anti-climactically would be pretty great, too, though.

Cyrai posted:

Oh my god, this would be the best chapter. I can just picture them thinking they have the most brilliant ideas while Coyote just stares in disbelief at their idiocy. Shame none of those catalogs ever had an Acme Gun, otherwise Coyote could have tried that one for himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UsfvHOAWLI&t=120s

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 13, 2012

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Cyrai posted:

Oh my god, this would be the best chapter. I can just picture them thinking they have the most brilliant ideas while Coyote just stares in utter smugness at their idiocy.

Do we have a Wile E. Coyote version of :smugdog: yet?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

scarycave posted:

Just imagine when Demaro goes against the Road-Runner and gets his rear end handed to him - I'm thinking Demaro is going go screaming off a cliff and then making a big dust ball when he hits the ground. :allears:

This would be the most amazing joke in the entire comic if he just uses the Road Runner to beat this dead serious angry satanist using cartoon physics.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

He has learned only spite.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Guys, we finally know where TGT takes place.
"in a mixture world i guess, what an odd question"

Chinese Tony Danza
Oct 30, 2007

Crappy Cat Connoisseur
Obviously, Lazerbot subscribes to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 mantra: if you're wondering how they eat or breathe or other science facts, just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show; I should really just relax."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Guys, we finally know where TGT takes place.
"in a mixture world i guess, what an odd question"

I like this guy.

Whoever makes a wiki for this comic's :airquote:universe:airquote: should get a gold medal in missing the point.