Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

I've gotten 3 so far from LSD, TI and JS.

I am lying in bed crying, both over Esteban and strangers over the Internet helping out Esteban.

Thank you all so much!

Will post a receipt tmrw when I go in to see him. I put a $1000 deposit down before leaving.

LSD is me. They literally are my initials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

10am Esteban Status:

18 hours post Lily ingestion we know the following things:

1) The white flowers in the bunch were Peruvian Lilies, which are not actually Lilies. While still mildly toxic to cats, if Esteban were to have eaten a whole bunch, he'd have some wicked diarrhea and not much else. He definitely ate some, but since they're not true lilies, that's actually good news.

2) The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her. She said that those were really encouraging signs, since lethargy would be bad.

3) He keeps peeing so things are looking fine until the 3pm blood/urine panel when we will know more. If he stops peeing, he will gain weight and that is indicative of kidney failure and that's bad.

4) If he doesn't get worse, which is still possible, the vet said he could come home tomorrow. So 2 full days of hospitalization.
Oh thank God.

How does the bill situation look?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

2) The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her. She said that those were really encouraging signs, since lethargy would be bad.

God blessteban.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

phew!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

10am Esteban Status:

18 hours post Lily ingestion we know the following things:

1) The white flowers in the bunch were Peruvian Lilies, which are not actually Lilies. While still mildly toxic to cats, if Esteban were to have eaten a whole bunch, he'd have some wicked diarrhea and not much else. He definitely ate some, but since they're not true lilies, that's actually good news.

3) He keeps peeing so things are looking fine until the 3pm blood/urine panel when we will know more. If he stops peeing, he will gain weight and that is indicative of kidney failure and that's bad.

4) If he doesn't get worse, which is still possible, the vet said he could come home tomorrow. So 2 full days of hospitalization.
Thank God.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Bill situation is another $900+ if nothing goes wrong and he comes home tomorrow

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
also, black esteban is sleeping on esteban's t-shirt on my desk, completely unbidden.

number of times black esteban has even been on my desk before this morning? 0.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Black Esteban is taking this opportunity to stage a coup :ohdear:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJm1mWqx9HY

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

the switch from CRTs to LCDs must have been fuckin magical for cattes (minus the lost shelf angle, of course)

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

HEGEL SMOKE A J posted:

LSD is me. They literally are my initials.

lorenzo st. dubois alt account spotted

also yay esteban :unsmith:

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

10am Esteban Status:

2) The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her.

esteban's been taking lessons from refurb

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Go Esteban go!! :woop:

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

holy crap. would you mind if I shared this?

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Current Estebafinance update.

Here's my receipt of the deposit from last night.

So far I have received just under $600 in donations via paypal

which is amazing! I cannot thank everyone enough. I've gotten donations in currencies I've never even heard of, like the Australian Dollar and the British Pound! I don't know what else to say, but thank you!

I'm going in to visit him this afternoon after the panels.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nargle loves watching birds on utub and has tried to figure out how to get inside of my laptop before

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

The morning Vet who called me was describing how Esteban was fighting her and "giving her sass mouth" and I could hear him yelling at her.

Your cat rules.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfULKF-G_8

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

was hoping the phone interview was with the catte

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Funhilde posted:

holy crap. would you mind if I shared this?

go for it

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

great news about Esteban. get even better Esteban.

and that video with Gizmo kitten-watching is adorable :3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

Current Estebafinance update.

Here's my receipt of the deposit from last night.

So far I have received just under $600 in donations via paypal to dunkman@gmail.com

which is amazing! I cannot thank everyone enough. I've gotten donations in currencies I've never even heard of, like the Australian Dollar and the British Pound! I don't know what else to say, but thank you!

I'm going in to visit him this afternoon after the panels.

you owe us $600 worth of esteban pictures

just FYI, that's a shitload of pictures

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

I promise to post receipts / invoices so that you guys know I did not buy my gf shoes with it.
Meh, I'm a grad student, do you think I care about peoples' finances? Buy your :catdrugs:, buy yourself a beer with some of the money I sent you, if you are religious say a prayer or two for HEGEL SMOKE A J and peace

out

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Dr. Kim: "Esteban is, without a doubt, the angriest, strongest and frankly most violent towards non-humans I have ever seen a cat with lily ingestion in my career."

His tests came back pretty good, they're keeping him until tomorrow morning but they consider him "in the safe zone" now. He was peeing a lot buy still showing signs of dehydration in his gums and skin. They have him on an IV push, but have to wean him off of that, and I should be able to take him home at 9am tomorrow.

He is piiiiiiiiiiiissssed.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Black Esteban is taking this opportunity to stage a coup :ohdear:

Black Esteban moves up to Esteban, Lady Esteban becomes Black Esteban, new hire for Lady Esteban position sought

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

yesteban! oh man I am so happy to hear good news :toot:

Trig Discipline posted:

awwww they called it a toxiban treatment :3:
also now I don't feel bad about quoting this because lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

Dr. Kim: "Esteban is, without a doubt, the angriest, strongest and frankly most violent towards non-humans I have ever seen a cat with lily ingestion in my career."

:911:

Tunnelman
Feb 28, 2010

aaag air flow

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

He is piiiiiiiiiiiissssed.

lol

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Radio! posted:

yesteban!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

moral of all this:

do not gently caress with esteban

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

good for you, getting him to the vet

and good for you, Esteban. :3:

they should call it a toxiban treatment in honour of Esteban now. I think I'll pretend that's the reason

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
As a technician, I think it's hilarious how angry Esteban is. Cats are some of the worst patients.

Meanwhile, pictures of Ollie.

Here's Percy, hanging out in the X-ray room

I found this loaf yesterday

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Shnooks posted:

I found this loaf yesterday

"butter me pls"

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Esteban rules, I'm glad he's looking better.

Go cattes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

thats a pro loaf

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
i should sell prints of esteban for yospos xmas to recoup some of the cost.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

:unsmith:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

ANAmal.net posted:

Your cat rules.

that vet rules for using the phrase "sass mouth"

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012
welp glad esteban is ok

that was a gripping tale... lots of thrills

dr kim has no idea how dangerous esteban really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So in summary:

Esteban ate something that could kill him and got better.

Note to self don't gently caress with Esteban