Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eggplant Wizard posted:

um I don't mean to be insensitive by posting not about Esteban but this is a proclick that you guys need to know about STAT
FREE LIVE CAMS mamma calico with orange babie kittens (probably also some calico babbies but they're a bit piled up atm)

Yeah, if you don't have the Foster Kitten Cam livecam channel bookmarked you're missing out.

What they do is they get a pregnant or newmother rescue and put cams on her and her litter 24/7 as they grow up until they're ready to be adopted out. You get to know them and watch them grow up for a few months. They're really awesome and carefully look after them and weigh them daily and expand the pen and introduce new toys and things at the appropriate stage of their development etc.

Then they tear them away and and send them off to adoptive homes and there's a few updates post-adoption and you can fill the void because look there's another mother with another litter of kittens newlyborn and poking around with their eyes closed.

REPEAT FOREVER.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Funhilde posted:

Elmer has a new trick where he puts his paws up on people to demand pets. Well today he took it a step further and straight up Jumped from the ground onto vanillaslmfast's chest 5 feet straight up without warning.

best trick :3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

one back leg, but them toes is worth two

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

anyone want to throw out some guesses as to what that final bill will be? already paid a cool grand.

mister cat was in cat er for three days and it was $2500

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

Dr. Kim: "Esteban is, without a doubt, the angriest, strongest and frankly most violent towards non-humans I have ever seen a cat with lily ingestion in my career."

aaahahahaha

Glad he's doing better.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

so when I talked to the dr at 8am, she told me that esteban was looking good, and that if nothing changes (which it didn't), that I'd be looking at an additional $700-800 for the rest of his stay (original discharge saturday afternoon).

When I went in at 4pm she said she took a chest x-ray to see if he had fluid in his lungs because he was breathing all weird, but he's just anxious and wants to go home.

anyone want to throw out some guesses as to what that final bill will be? already paid a cool grand.

I'm glad he's ok. We have the same e-vet!

Some of you may remember this guy who was hanging out on my deck and getting fed.

Well yesterday he got goop-eye and today I dropped $300 at the vet so I guess I have 5 cats now? Unless someone in the Bay Area wants a sweetie?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Drink and Fight posted:

I'm glad he's ok. We have the same e-vet!

Some of you may remember this guy who was hanging out on my deck and getting fed.

Well yesterday he got goop-eye and today I dropped $300 at the vet so I guess I have 5 cats now? Unless someone in the Bay Area wants a sweetie?

congrats on your new cat

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

congrats on your new cat

5 cats :sigh:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

lets just stop spending money on the military and be a crazy cat country instead

making petition now

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
fucken signed

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
foreigners will be all "i don't want to go to america on holiday" and their friends will be like "oh you mean because it's dangerous?" and they be all "nah it just smells gross and every time i go there i come back covered in hair"

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
in cat america there will be no discrimination based on the color of your fur

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Torties always make so much noise when you're trying to watch a movie

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Torties always make so much noise when you're trying to watch a movie

pay more attention to your catte instead of some dumbass movie (unless the movie is about cattes)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alabaster White posted:

pay more attention to your catte instead of some dumbass movie (unless the movie is about cattes)

No see I was making a racist catte comment in response to the post above me

my catte is usually watching the movie intently along with me

especially if the movie has birds in it

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
if I sit down to watch tv or a movie in the winter, I will have a cat on my lap within 2 minutes. :3:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Obsessed by the Kitty livestream:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

eh4 posted:

I hear your pain

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Every time I watch them they're sleeping :( Still cute but not romping fall over cute.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Every time I watch them they're sleeping :( Still cute but not romping fall over cute.

You can click on the seek bar underneath, there's usually at least a few hours of history if you want romps.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 17, 2012

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

MikeJF posted:

You can click on the seek bar underneath, there's usually at least a few hours of history if you want romps.

well gently caress guess i'm not going to do that dissertation thing after all

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

MikeJF posted:

I hear your pain

That cat must've shanked someone in the joint to get that wicked teardrop tattoo

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Eggplant Wizard posted:

well gently caress guess i'm not going to do that dissertation thing after all

They have a regular pattern of sleep, woken up by mum for a feed, play until they literally fall asleep on their feet, repeat as necessary. Roughly half hour cycles at the moment. I'm not taking notes or anything :3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
Saturday morning Refurb post

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
my kitty made me buy him the same toy!

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
i highly doubt that

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

eh4 posted:

I love the big fish thingy they've got. They're sleeping in a big kitten pile at the moment. :3:

refurb's orangey toes are lovely, didn't notice them before

this just happened on the stream:

another edit: they're being super-adorable right now

McDragon fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 17, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

if anyone asks, i had no idea esteban got up on the table and ate the flowers, he's totally not allowed up there and i would never let him up there.

Hey I know this is pages ago but I am completely 100% seriousposting when I say that those lilies are loving poisonous to cats and you should avoid having them in the house at all costs if Esteban is fond of eating them. You don't want him to destroy his kidneys. Even a small amount can cause death. http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/toxicology/a/Lily-Toxicity-In-Cats-And-Dogs.htm

edit: hella beaten but no one wants to see deadsteban.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 17, 2012

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

yeah i think he got that covered

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012
lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hey I know this is pages ago but I am completely 100% seriousposting when I say that those lilies are loving poisonous to cats and you should avoid having them in the house at all costs if Esteban is fond of eating them. You don't want him to destroy his kidneys. Even a small amount can cause death. http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/toxicology/a/Lily-Toxicity-In-Cats-And-Dogs.htm
Oh man thanks for the timely warning.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

poo poo better get him to the vet asap

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

See, this is why you never take a break from posting.

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009

gat drat refurb.

cheese reppin a decent loaf

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

more Romano

also

Sneaking Mission posted:

yeah i think he got that covered
lol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

yeah sorry I was busy as hell with work yesterday. I just freaked at Esteban eating poison.

anyway, $25 sent to Esteban emergency fund.

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012
post more romano pics pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh z0rg
Nov 17, 2012
feelling a powerful urge to brush romano