Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Psion posted:

There's no wrong way to go with evo 6 on blades aside from not taking it, basically.

This may very well be true from a mtahimatically/theorycrafting perspective, but even if the bleed was buffed into clear superiority I would still take the option that makes people explode because I don't hate fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Grinding out the Cannibal and Husk challenges is pain incarnate, even with my Sick As Hell Ghost Infiltrator :sicknasty:

But at least I'll have a real title after it's all said and done and not the fake titles any schlub can get. :unsmith:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Lagomorphic posted:

This may very well be true from a mtahimatically/theorycrafting perspective, but even if the bleed was buffed into clear superiority I would still take the option that makes people explode because I don't hate fun.
If you get the timing right, you can shoot someone with the blades and then falcon punch them just as the blades go off, so it'll look like you're punching the guy so hard he explodes to bloody chunks! :haw:

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Nordick posted:

If you get the timing right, you can shoot someone with the blades and then falcon punch them just as the blades go off, so it'll look like you're punching the guy so hard he explodes to bloody chunks! :haw:

Its also totally worth slumming a bronze just to fire blades into a spawn and walk away slowly.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

:stare: Never seen that one before.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Stickman posted:

Its also totally worth slumming a bronze just to fire blades into a spawn and walk away slowly.

It's worth slumming into bronze to finish off lovely weapons challenges. I'm looking at you, Incisor :colbert:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Semisponge posted:

That's the spec most of the players I've grouped with today have been using.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Semisponge posted:

Did you promote and forget to spend any points before going into a match? I've done it before after promoting and then buying packs to get the new character card which levels you up immediately.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008

TastyLemonDrops posted:

It's worth slumming into bronze to finish off lovely weapons challenges. I'm looking at you, Incisor :colbert:

Aim for the body, the recoil will send one of the bullets tords the head.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Mr.Flibble posted:

Aim for the body, the recoil will send one of the bullets at the head.

I already did the challenge and solved it by playing a Turian Soldier. Why have one bullet at the head when you get all three?

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Nordick posted:

brb, making a Kenshiro build Batarian and naming him Tough Boy.

And for content, I took the Argus for a spin for the second time since I unlocked it (now at X). I remember the first time it would spray all over the place, even shooting from cover, but with a stability mod it becomes pretty drat accurate and you can wade into crowds mowing down mooks. This is what the Revenant wishes it could be. :zaeed:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Lagomorphic posted:

The Ballistic Blade explosion is the best sound in the game.

And just checked, my playtime is 194 hours at this point, which is probably 170 hours more than I played the loving single-player. I honestly never expected that--quite honestly, I would have predicted the reverse.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

VJeff posted:

Grinding out the Cannibal and Husk challenges is pain incarnate, even with my Sick As Hell Ghost Infiltrator :sicknasty:

But at least I'll have a real title after it's all said and done and not the fake titles any schlub can get. :unsmith:

Solo the first couple of rounds of gold a few times and only kill husks until the spawn budget is depleted and you can grind out the husk points really quickly. You can also do the same at any difficulty for cannibal points.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Soloing silver also gives a lot of husk points. I got ~30,000 from the pair I did to finish the solo silver challenge.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I finished that in Silver with a L10 Batsent. Treated it like a shotgun with a ridiculous scope - ran up in their face, threw and net, and unloaded two bursts to the head.

I doubled the score of the other three L20s, though I'm not sure if that says more about them or the strategy.

Also, you can get three sniping headshots if you move your mouse downward while bursting (not sure if the xbox equivalent would work). Works okay, but still not worth the effort when you can just put a scope on the Argus.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 19, 2012

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lagomorphic posted:

Solo the first couple of rounds of gold a few times and only kill husks until the spawn budget is depleted and you can grind out the husk points really quickly. You can also do the same at any difficulty for cannibal points.

Yeah, s'what I've been doing and I got the remainder of the Cannibal challenge fairly quickly. Husks are still taking a really long time, because Husks are only worth about 330 points on Gold with Unknown Map.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I just found the most depressing thing: During the extraction wave, seeing a teammate get impaled by a phantom and instantly yanking the phantom off into oblivion with lash, only for the friend to bleed out and die instantly from the sync kill anyway. Sorry buddy :(

On the bright side, I think I've decided I definitely like the phoenix adept more than the slayer, although the slayer is great fun too. So that makes the death all better right?

quote:

Also, you can get three sniping headshots if you move your mouse downward while bursting (not sure if the xbox equivalent would work). Works okay, but still not worth the effort when you can just put a scope on the Argus.
In the pc version the problem with the argus that I had (not using it on a class or with equipment that would increase stability) was that the second shot would always go wild horizontally, not vertically. It's something I couldn't really compensate for. I'm much more consistent at tagging rapid headshots with the mattock, valiant, or paladin.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 19, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Firebase Ghost's Hazard version would be about ten times more interesting if the enemies also had their shields brought down by the rain.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The rain does affect enemy shields and barriers.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dan Didio posted:

Firebase Ghost's Hazard version would be about ten times more interesting if the enemies also had their shields brought down by the rain.

It does damage enemy shields and barriers although obviously not to the extent that it damages the players. Cloaked enemies in the rain will flicker and become target-able because they're taking DoT too.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A guy named Rudy Bojangles just carried the entire team on Gold for about 6 waves straight. I don't know where he is but I want him to know I appreciate it.

edit: And I was going to go to bed but I got a piranha. Thanks game :mad:

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 19, 2012

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Does the glacier hazard deathswarm damage enemies at all? I know it can kill players within a couple of seconds if they don't get out of the way but I don't think I've ever seen it hurt anything else.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Yes it does. If it's on top of an enemy spawn, shoot at it and it will go crazy and do more damage to them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

What class does a piranha go best on

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Piranha is really great on any class with an accuraccy bonus so huntermode, marksman, devastator mode, etc. It's also fairly light once you level it so it's great on tanky casters like the Justicar, and Batarian Sents as well as vanguards.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

The rain does affect enemy shields and barriers.

That's wierd, I didn't notice that at all when I just played on it. Huh. My mistake, then.

Also, this is the second weekend challenge in a row that has given me the Eagle in the commendation pack.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

That's wierd, I didn't notice that at all when I just played on it. Huh. My mistake, then.

Also, this is the second weekend challenge in a row that has given me the Eagle in the commendation pack.

One thing to remember, enemies have a ton more hitpoints than you might think.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cowcaster posted:

What class does a piranha go best on

Simple Pirahna flowchart:

"Are you playing a class in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer?" --> "Do you have a Pirahna?" ---> "Use the Pirahna."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VJeff posted:

"Are you playing a class in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer?" --> "Do you have a Pirahna?" ---> "Use the Pirahna."

B...but I have an acolyte...

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Use both!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lagomorphic posted:

Don't get me wrong, I think exploding blades are super satisfying, and I 100% support their use, but for my current batarian soldier, if I want another stagger I just recast blades. The cooldown is so drat fast I never get to the 'punch' part of the blades -> shotgun -> punch -> repeat equation.

I've used exploding blades probably 90% of the time I play batarian soldier, I only recently tried bleed and I really like it, too. So.

Cowcaster posted:

50 hours. That's two full days of my life gone :stare:

Lightweight :colbert:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VJeff posted:

Should be:
Are you playing ME3 Multiplayer?
Do you want to shoot things? Use the pirahna
Do you want to use space magic? Use the acolyte

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Psion posted:

Don't get me wrong, I think exploding blades are super satisfying, and I 100% support their use, but for my current batarian soldier, if I want another stagger I just recast blades. The cooldown is so drat fast I never get to the 'punch' part of the blades -> shotgun -> punch -> repeat equation.

I've used exploding blades probably 90% of the time I play batarian soldier, I only recently tried bleed and I really like it, too. So.

I got that, I was being glib about the gibs. I can certainly see the case for the bleed especially if you don't have blade armor and are spammng them faster than they explode. I just like watching guys explode too much to ever pass it up.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.
Just played a round on Xbox with a guy named DrewWho. N7 ranking of over 5000, 711h played and he thought I was cheating because I outscored him. He was complaining about it almost the entire map too. I don't get it. I'm loving elated when I'm not top scoring because it usually means my team is having an easy time. Not him though. His last words before leaving the lobby were "Enjoy your game for the next couple of days." Unless he was accusing someone else of cheating but that would possibly be even weirder.

Speaking of, I've reported actual cheaters who were using the missile glitch and poo poo and I'm pretty sure they're not banned yet and that was probably over a month ago by now.

Edit: He just sent me a Live message. He definitely thinks I was cheating or something.
Wait, it's not possible to use the missile glitch with the GPS is it? I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if I was nuking things in a single shot but I dunno.

Xyretire fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 19, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

How does the Quarian Male Engineer stack up nowadays? I just unlocked him and Engineer's sort of my go-to class and it looks like has my favourite elements of the Demolisher, with my favourite elements of the basic human Engineer in one neat little package.

EDIT: Xyretire, you're not going to get banned if someone on Xbox Live reports you for cheating through the Xbox Live system. The only people who really take a hardline stance are Halo developers unless it's something that comes from actually modifying the Xbox Hardware, etc. etc. at which point Microsoft will step in.

A bug in a game, eh. I think they stepped in once for that sort of thing for Modern Warfare 2, but it wasn't a very extreme measure that they took, as I recall.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xyretire posted:

Just played a round on Xbox with a guy named DrewWho. N7 ranking of over 5000, 711h played and he thought I was cheating because I outscored him. He was complaining about it almost the entire map too. I don't get it. I'm loving elated when I'm not top scoring because it usually means my team is having an easy time. Not him though. His last words before leaving the lobby were "Enjoy your game for the next couple of days." Unless he was accusing someone else of cheating but that would possibly be even weirder.

Speaking of, I've reported actual cheaters who were using the missile glitch and poo poo and I'm pretty sure they're not banned yet and that was probably over a month ago by now.

Edit: He just sent me a Live message. He definitely thinks I was cheating or something.
Wait, it's not possible to use the missile glitch with the GPS is it? I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if I was nuking things in a single shot but I dunno.

He's just a pissy that "n00b" outscored him, hell I've been kicked from lobbies for outscoring people with a human adept, not my fault the retards don't use explosions.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dan Didio posted:

How does the Quarian Male Engineer stack up nowadays?
Amazingly well.

Lots and lots of tech bursts / fire explosions, and area tac scan is fantastic for team utility.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Amazingly well.

Lots and lots of tech bursts / fire explosions, and area tac scan is fantastic for team utility.

These are the things I just specced him for, more or less, so good to know.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Dan Didio posted:

EDIT: Xyretire, you're not going to get banned if someone on Xbox Live reports you for cheating through the Xbox Live system. The only people who really take a hardline stance are Halo developers unless it's something that comes from actually modifying the Xbox Hardware, etc. etc. at which point Microsoft will step in.

A bug in a game, eh. I think they stepped in once for that sort of thing for Modern Warfare 2, but it wasn't a very extreme measure that they took, as I recall.

Bioware does ban from ME3 multiplayer though. I wasn't talking about from Live; I suppose I should have been more specific.

Quarian Male Engineer is pretty awesome. Arc Grenade + Incinerate for instant tech bursts with no cooldown. I should play mine again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

hobbesmaster posted:

Should be:
Are you playing ME3 Multiplayer?
Do you want to shoot things? Use the pirahna
Do you want to use space magic? Use the acolyte

Is anyone else bothered that the Acolyte is basically so good there's no reason to use any other weapon on some classes? :sigh: It has really terrible single target DPS though, so on a class that can already strip shields (anything with Energy Drain, Overload) you're better off with something else. I use a Phalanx X with extended barrel and piercing mod on my human engineer and it works out really well for a silver weapon. I like the Acolyte on my QFE but it gets boring just using it on everything.

As for the N7 Valiant: its key advantages are weight and a very fast reload animation. A Valiant I will out-DPS a Black Widow X. Also it has almost no recoil, which I find makes it easier to keep that DPS up. Even so, I like to take the M-98 Widow on my geth trooper to practice aim and reload canceling. One of the tankiest snipers. :legion:

• Locked thread