Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I don't want to say too much in case it doesn't pan out, but it would be a disaster for News Corp if it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Did the BBC get back to you about that scheme BM?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Zero Gravitas posted:

Did the BBC get back to you about that scheme BM?

They told everyone the last 60 get picked at the end of this month, they got to interviews in London at the start of December where 12 are picked. Hopefully they'll notice I've been on NPR, mentioned in the New York Times, and helped Human Rights Watch identify cluster bombs in Syria since I submitted my application, among other things.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Being on the MI6 payroll can't hurt either.

Sargs
Aug 15, 2001

Poyekhali!

Banano posted:

Being on the MI6 payroll can't hurt either.

It can if you realise they make you pay for your own bullets now.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I think this Tweet might clue you in with what's been discovered, along with this article.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

I think this Tweet might clue you in with what's been discovered, along with this article.

Oh man.

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity

Brown Moses posted:

Roop sex tape leaked? :ohdear:

Edit: Actually I'm guessing the story is that the Sun bribed a US military official, which would open them to a lawsuit in the States. Isn't that what we've been waiting for for some time?

Warrahooyaargh fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 17, 2012

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Jeez, you'd think Saddam was a Mormon judging by those pants.

Looks like Rupe might be getting a taste of his own medicine. Can't throw money to make that problem go away.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If you're saying what I think you're saying, then I really loving hope this pans out. It's pushed Piers Morgan getting arrested off the top spot on my letter to Santa.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So this is very clearly bribing US officials? Just want to be certain

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Wait wait wait. :ohdear: Are you saying a US Official took money from Roop for the infamous Saddam in his tighty whities photos? How high ranking an official?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Either works for me. Which day are they waiting to break this? Is there a particular day that's better for it to catch on in the news cycles?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'm working on this at the moment, there's complexities on getting stories like this, and I'm currently working to overcome them with a number of people.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Brown Moses posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvqQrCg_qOg

I can't wait till next week.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

:stare:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It's okay for him to say that. His mother is jewish.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Also he's supporting Israel so it's this Jewish owned press which is being anti-Semitic.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Twitter has really removed any gateway between people's mouths and their brains. Had a incoherent, moron thought? Post it to the Internet at once!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

It's not a bad time to be reading the recent retweets on my Twitter timeline.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

Couple of questions:

1) ISn't that the sort of chat that can get you sued if the powers that be keep it quite?

2) Are you worried about getting bumped off?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:dance:

Brown Moses posted:

This is a glorious morning read with my coffee. :eyepop::coffee:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

This is the tweet I found most interesting:

quote:

tabloidman ‏@tabloidtroll
@frankiescar @MrsTrevithick @iTraceUK @Brown_Moses Four more: Email boasts to boss :-)

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say without getting anyone in trouble, but if you boast to your bosses about doing something illegal, that implicates them as part of a conspiracy, no? Depending on how far up it goes....

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

notaspy posted:

Couple of questions:

1) ISn't that the sort of chat that can get you sued if the powers that be keep it quite?

2) Are you worried about getting bumped off?

They are nothing more than innocent retweets from a curious Tweeter, and I'm sure the dozens, if not hundreds, of journalists on Twitter who follow me realise that too.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I should note there's multiple independent sources sharing this information as well.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Keep an eye out for some news in the next 12 hours.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Brown Moses posted:

:flashfap:

Oh man, after how quiet things have been recently, and the fact that I have a sinking feeling that it's all going to go away with a whimper rather than a bang, posts like this really get my hopes up.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Seeing what Roop has already walked away from, surely it's something more damning than some hack at The Sun paying off a guard.

e: This is my desperate hope.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Brown Moses posted:

So... you're saying the next 12 hours are key?

I'm sorry, I can't help but make a Friedman joke when the opportunity presents itself.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."
Brown Moses you big Twitter cocktease. When's the news coming out?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Any idea where we should be watching?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Daily Beast and tomorrow the Evening Standard. Interestingly the two pieces came about independently of each other.

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 18, 2012

Warrahooyaargh
Sep 15, 2007
Oh the mundanity
Isn't the Daily Beast run by Sir Harold Evans's other half? Dish best served cold, and all that.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
The wait is killing me. I hope this has as much of an impact as you're hinting!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I've read the draft version of it, when reading the last few paragraphs it's worth taking into consideration what I've been posting in the thread recently and the stuff I retweeted today. I had a bit of a hand in getting the ball rolling on this one, but the Evening Standard article is something I only heard about tonight, no idea what's in that apart from it covering the same area. It might provide some of the details the Daily Beast article doesn't include.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Man, this story is going to break while I'm sound asleep, isn't it.

Vim
Feb 10, 2006
The Daily Beast have a story up about Saddam in his Y-fronts:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/18/did-news-corp-illegally-purchase-saddam-hussein-photos-from-u-s-officials.html

quote:

The problem for Murdoch and the board of News Corp. may be that these pictures were published on both sides of the Atlantic on the same day, perhaps suggesting some kind of advance co-operation between the American parent company and the British News International subsidiary. If there is any evidence that there was prior knowledge by senior executives of payment for the pictures, this could bring the possibility of a U.S. investigation and charges with stiff penalties for illegal payments to public officials.

Vim fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 19, 2012

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
There was definitely collusion between the two, the Daily Post had The Sun bannerhead on their frontpage when they broke the story.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What are the chances the Justice Department ignores or does a summary "investigation" of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/18/1162885/-Murdoch-US-Grand-Jury-Set-to-Arrest-Rupert-for-Illegal-Payments

DailyKos has picked it up.

• Locked thread