Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Actually dissss that's something I've wondered about NZ - do you guys need to salt the roads because of snow? Obviously we don't have problems with it here (Hobart doesn't count), but I figured over the Tasman you might need to deal with snow in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Memento1979 posted:

Actually dissss that's something I've wondered about NZ - do you guys need to salt the roads because of snow? Obviously we don't have problems with it here (Hobart doesn't count), but I figured over the Tasman you might need to deal with snow in that way.

It doesn't snow at all in most of the country and even where it does they don't use salt just grit.

The climate is fairly damp though and most people live fairly close to the coast so cars, especially 80/90s Japanese ones do rust and our six monthly safety inspections are extremely strict in that regard.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

`Nemesis posted:

Not pictured: the diamond plate hood.

Look at how wrong you are.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have dreams of a world without diamondplate.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

This definitely qualifies for this thread.

"Drifting a Celica"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvZNay27fo

In this video you will find.
1) This video performed by professionals.
2) Trying to "Drift" a front wheel drive car.
3) Complete and utter failure to do a handbrake turn
4) Trying to be funny.
5) Getting under a car supported only by a scissor jack.
6) Failing to understand how and why they failed.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Aurune posted:

"Drifting a Celica"

4) Trying to be funny.

I have never seen someone death grip a car. What the hell, he just stopped turning...

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

FIRST TIME posted:

So supposedly it's worth that much money because it only has 86k on the odometer.

Judging by how lovely that car looks on the surface, I can't imagine it's been a very kind 86k or that it's been taken care of at all.

It's Micromancer tax. They know how valuable the Corolla/Nova is online :haw:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Aurune posted:

"Drifting a Celica"

4) Trying to be funny.

I can't believe how many times I said the word "stupid" during that video.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I can't believe how many times I said the word "stupid" during that video.

It was probably close to the number of times I wanted to punch my monitor. :ughh:

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Bondematt posted:

I have never seen someone death grip a car. What the hell, he just stopped turning...

Target fixation. We see it all the time in novice drivers, hence they are told to "look where you want to go, not where you're currently pointing"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't understand the black guy's statement about "black guys don't mix with explosions." Is that a thing? Is there something that makes black people less compatible with explosions than other ethnicities?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Maybe he just meant that people of all races probably don't mix well with explosions but he only has experience from his perspective as a black man.

He's clearly a D&D poster meticulously backing up what he has to say.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

he only has experience from his perspective as a black man.

And Call of Duty.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Call of Duty taught me that no matter how bad of a war America is currently involved in, it can get through it by hiding behind a rock face and occasionally peeking out to let its invulnerable computer-controlled friends take care of actually aiming and shooting.

Also that radiators explode, and kill black men.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0afw-BCok

The household switches for the horn got me.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Why do people post videos like this?

I just really don't understand the point. Shaky camera + mumbling + proving you are stupid by what you say. Sounds great. Is this a generational thing that I just don't understand?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm pretty sure his sister-auntie previewed the video and said it was great and he should show it to the world.

e: found this on another forum

kastein fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 18, 2012

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I don't know where to start. It's......it's beautiful. :allears:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

There are no words...

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Aurune posted:

"Drifting a Celica"

4) Trying to be funny.

I like to think that when he was honking the horn he was trying to warn the curb of its impending doom :v:

Either that, or telling it to get out of his way

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Aurune posted:

"Drifting a Celica"

4) Trying to be funny.

I think I heard a radar detector boot up in the video too. God damnit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

FuzzKill posted:

I like to think that when he was honking the horn he was trying to warn the curb of its impending doom :v:

Either that, or telling it to get out of his way
You can see this at autocross a lot, where someone tries to put opposite lock on the wheel quickly, hits the horn button with their forearm and fumbles for a millisecond. We have one guy who honks for every slalom.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You can see this at autocross a lot, where someone tries to put opposite lock on the wheel quickly, hits the horn button with their forearm and fumbles for a millisecond. We have one guy who honks for every slalom.

I usually just hit the wipers when I do that.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Wipers, turn signal, horn, I've done it all and I do it often.

It's a hell of a thing when I get all three going at once, but that run got me the class win that day so I don't mind so much anymore.

I did have to replace the turn signal stalk shortly thereafter though.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
I believe this is the right thread for two reasons. A: I realllly dislike the paint scheme. B: Parking job. X6 I think...?

Fermunky fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 19, 2012

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Fermunky posted:

I believe this is the right thread for two reasons. A: I realllly dislike the paint scheme. B: Parking job. X6 I think...?

The parking job isn't that bad, IMO. I do the same on an end spot in a garage where I'm not really into another spot. In fact, I'll hunt down those spots to protect my paint.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
^^^Hi-5 door ding avoider buddy

Fermunky posted:

That is a legit parking job. He's avoiding door dings and still only taking up 1 space. A-OK.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

yeah, he was even considerate enough to leave space to park a motorcycle beside him.
Also, gently caress that's ugly.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Linedance posted:

Also, gently caress that's ugly.

This was my thought. Absolutely hideous colourscheme.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Sorry, I left out that what you do not see is the stairway exit he is partially blocking, that was the parking failure. Being a fellow door ding avoider myself, I would usually understand.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

All he really needs is a tall, neon green "M" tearing rear end out of the hood, then his defense can be "I WON this car! I didn't pick the colors!"

And if that is a carbon fiber hood as it appears to be, I really don't know what the gently caress. That thing's gotta be pushing over 2 tons. Why bother?

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 19, 2012

Gorillian Dollars
Jan 22, 2012

We are selling to willing buyers at the current fair market price, even if we know it has no value.

enojy posted:

And if that is a carbon fiber hood as it appears to be, I really don't know what the gently caress. That thing's gotta be pushing over 2 tons. Why bother?

It doesn't appear to be carbon-fibre when zoomed in, just black paint. Even if it is, it would be more for the esthetics than any functionality.
Even though it looks hideous, it still gets heads turning all the same.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

According to BMW USA site, unladen it is 5225 for the xDrive50i. And yes it was painted black.

Edit: meant painted, not CF hood.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

88h88 posted:

This was my thought. Absolutely hideous colourscheme.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Couldn't get a picture of it in time, but it was an old Jetta that someone appeared to use a putty knife to scrape their hood down to the metal. It is really difficult to describe just how bad it looked.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

SkunkDuster posted:

You could paint the Mona Lisa on my bare hairy rear end, that wouldn't make it fine art

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
All the crazy 60/70s Mopar paints only really work on 60/70s Mopar cars. Modern cars not so much.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SkunkDuster posted:

This car looks fine, notice how its more of a lime-green, the black is the gloosy king and it has chrome accents and wheels.

Fermunky posted:

This looks horrible as it uses a much greener color, matte probably rattle can black and no other colors to accentuate.

Just because its a good color scheme doesn't mean its ALWAYS a good color scheme.

This is the best one of the lot to be honest :v:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ahahaha I love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Shattered rear windshield? No problem, the tint and duct tape will hold it together.

:psyboom: