Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

darkwolf220 posted:

You never saw it because you said 'Crown Royale auto? ewww' and that was the end of it haha.

So I got on the line with Panini's CS manager and discussed why I didn't think a Roy Limited 1/1 auto was comparable to a Roy Prime 1/1 auto. We went back and forth a little, he informed me that typically the policy is if they can not replace the card, they would just send the original one back, but he was doing me a favor by coming up with alternatives. I asked him to reconsider as I have had the CS department at another trading card company work with me a little to make everyone happy. After that he put me on hold to go get my card and look at the damage. When he came back he said that he would be returning it to me as the damage isn't too bad, but he would add in a box of Prime to compensate for what was damaged and the trouble. I accepted. The end.

Hopefully karma gives you some awesome pulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Hopefully karma gives you some awesome pulls.

If he is lucky it'll be an R and my lehtonen I want

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

darkwolf220 posted:

You never saw it because you said 'Crown Royale auto? ewww' and that was the end of it haha.

So I got on the line with Panini's CS manager and discussed why I didn't think a Roy Limited 1/1 auto was comparable to a Roy Prime 1/1 auto. We went back and forth a little, he informed me that typically the policy is if they can not replace the card, they would just send the original one back, but he was doing me a favor by coming up with alternatives. I asked him to reconsider as I have had the CS department at another trading card company work with me a little to make everyone happy. After that he put me on hold to go get my card and look at the damage. When he came back he said that he would be returning it to me as the damage isn't too bad, but he would add in a box of Prime to compensate for what was damaged and the trouble. I accepted. The end.

I'd be kinda pissed if it were me. Going by some quick e-bay price comparisons, you had a 500ish Roy that shipped out damaged as gently caress, diminished value on that is on the order of $250-300 lost. They offer you a replacement that is worth about what the card you had is worth in its damaged state, then he fed you bullshit about how he's doing you a favor even trying to come up with a solution. Poor showing on Panini's part in my opinion, this may be the first time I say UD is better about something than Panini. I hope you get some beastly loving pulls from that pack.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Gunjin posted:

I'd be kinda pissed if it were me. Going by some quick e-bay price comparisons, you had a 500ish Roy that shipped out damaged as gently caress, diminished value on that is on the order of $250-300 lost. They offer you a replacement that is worth about what the card you had is worth in its damaged state, then he fed you bullshit about how he's doing you a favor even trying to come up with a solution. Poor showing on Panini's part in my opinion, this may be the first time I say UD is better about something than Panini. I hope you get some beastly loving pulls from that pack.

Yeah, it was a little like dealing with a used car salesman, but since I am pretty experienced at doing so, it wasn't too bad. I figure if I decide to sell the Roy, I can probably still get 250ish for it. But I think I just won't sell it now. I was always on the fence about wanting to keep it anyways. In the end, I pulled a drat good card that has a couple dinged corners, so my compensation for not being able to get it graded is a box of Prime. I think I paid $90 for the spot in the break and that netted me Roy 1/1 auto, Landeskog FW auto, Duchene Namesakes auto, now a box of Prime and a couple random Avs jerseys. Sold the FW and Duchene for $85. I am ok with the situation now. The way I see it, I got what I wanted: something extra to make up for the card being damaged. I never really wanted to send the card in anyways, I just kinda did to see what was on the other side of the fence. Getting it back with compensation is the best possible thing outside of getting a mint condition replacement of the same card.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Was in a Dominion/Dominion/Cup draft tonight, picked 6th overall and got an Orlov horozontal RPA /91. It is pretty nice :) Not horribly valuable, but nice :)

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

darkwolf220 posted:

Was in a Dominion/Dominion/Cup draft tonight, picked 6th overall and got an Orlov horozontal RPA /91. It is pretty nice :) Not horribly valuable, but nice :)

How nice was the patch? Post a picture when you get in in! I've been tracking Orlov autos pretty heavily the last few months.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Gunjin posted:

How nice was the patch? Post a picture when you get in in! I've been tracking Orlov autos pretty heavily the last few months.

It is a nice 3clr number bar. I will post a picture, but I don't think I want to get rid of it. It can only go up in value and I think the horozontal RPAs are going to be worth quite a bit in a few years. You can still nab them on ebay for ~$30

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
If I were you dark, just leave the roy up on ebay for 500-800$, like that if someone does offer you in that neighbourhood you can grab it and run.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Do people even care about 1/1's anymore?? How many Roy 1/1's exist at this point - like 75 different ones?

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

darkwolf220 posted:

It is a nice 3clr number bar. I will post a picture, but I don't think I want to get rid of it. It can only go up in value and I think the horozontal RPAs are going to be worth quite a bit in a few years. You can still nab them on ebay for ~$30

Honestly going by your description, it wouldn't surprise me to see you get $70+ for it right now. Both a number plate and a really nice 3 color patch/seam of the more common vertical RPA both went for a bit over $50 in the last week, add in a premium for yours being the horizontal and that's not a bad pull. Of course, you could be delusional like Clouts & Chara and ask for $229 :psyduck: I'll eat a loving hockey card if they get that much.

If you ever do decide to trade it off, let me know.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

sba posted:

Do people even care about 1/1's anymore?? How many Roy 1/1's exist at this point - like 75 different ones?

Hundreds more likely.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Panini finally got around to sending me my Pavelec auto from (iirc, Elite).

Sticker auto tho. Was hoping for hard signed. Oh well, still faster than UD getting me my replacement for a long overdue Bode Miller auto from like 08/09 or 09/10 UDS2...

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Found this in a $10 cube:

Frobocop
May 25, 2004

God Bless America!
Pulled this tonight:

The card is a little warped near the bottom, but there isn't any creasing that I can see. Still, by the far the coolest card I've pulled.

I also pulled a Jets clear cut foundations, which is apparently a case hit. So all in all a pretty good box!

Frobocop fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 17, 2012

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Frobocop posted:

Pulled this tonight:

The card is a little warped near the bottom, but there isn't any creasing that I can see. Still, by the far the coolest card I've pulled.

I also pulled a Jets clear cut foundations, which is apparently a case hit. So all in all a pretty good box!

I miss SA box breaks :(

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

I miss SA box breaks :(

Pinnacle is cheaper than actual dirt now!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

Pinnacle is cheaper than actual dirt now!

I just want a product that gives me a chance to get all the lehtonens...

Does anyone here collect Steve ott? I got a dumb Artifacts /75 Steve ott jersey/patch card that i just dont want to burn in a fire.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
That's an awesome Gretzky. Someday I'd love to get an auto of his but I don't know if the prices will ever be right. I'm probably looking at a couple hundred bucks and the other problem is so many of his autos are low numbered or with a patch or with other players.

I'd probably have better luck with Gordie Howe or Bobby Orr. Although price be damned, I would pay so much if I could get Gordie Howe to sign a picture of himself from the Simpsons.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Group breaks might return for the Yule season, limited time only, if the interest is there. Hoping for a smaller group with a deeper pocket :)

Superlative and Prime are out, just sayin...

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

darkwolf220 posted:

Group breaks might return for the Yule season, limited time only, if the interest is there. Hoping for a smaller group with a deeper pocket :)

Superlative and Prime are out, just sayin...

You get your box of Prime from Panini yet?

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Frobocop posted:

Pulled this tonight:

CC Foundations are actually multi-case hits since the regular case hit would be the Clear Cut Pride inserts /100.

Incredible box man!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Gunjin posted:

You get your box of Prime from Panini yet?

Oh, I thought I posted about that. Yes, I did, nice box, Gardiner rookie /50, Kassian Prime Time rookie auto /50 Hextall auto /99 and this gem:

Brett Connolly Prime Time Rookie Patch /10. 5 colors :stare:

Oh also you had asked for a photo of this card when it came in:

I am probably going to keep it, unless someone on ebay feels they need to pay me a few hundred dollars.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Thoughts for box break
Full case Pinnacle
Full case all goalies(see if they will give it to you for 50 dollars)
Primeifacs

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
also, does anyone want in on a case of pinnacle?
looking like 40$ if we can get ten folks interested(ie spots)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

also, does anyone want in on a case of pinnacle?
looking like 40$ if we can get ten folks interested(ie spots)

This, almost. My old box break thread died, so we will just do this here.

11/12 Panini Pinnacle sealed case, 10 spots, 3 teams per, draft style $37/spot

1 darkwolf220 PAID
2 surmy PAID
3 ashe
4 quantril PAID
5 sharp_angus PAID
6 Above & Beyond PAID
7 surmy PAID
8 darkwolf220 PAID
9 ashe
10 Above & Beyond PAID

FULL

This will launch approx 1 week after it fills. Please hold payment until I request it. Lets fill this, low cost, lots of fun.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 2, 2012

Surmy
May 25, 2010

one for now

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
1 for me, maybe maybe two.
i love pinnacle so much.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Put me down for a spot please.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

darkwolf220 posted:

Oh, I thought I posted about that. Yes, I did, nice box, Gardiner rookie /50, Kassian Prime Time rookie auto /50 Hextall auto /99 and this gem:

Brett Connolly Prime Time Rookie Patch /10. 5 colors :stare:

Oh also you had asked for a photo of this card when it came in:

I am probably going to keep it, unless someone on ebay feels they need to pay me a few hundred dollars.

Nice box, and nice Orlov.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Does Panini use game-used stuff for their rookie memorabilia cards or are they from photoshoots? That was the only trend of the 2000s that I thought topped sticker-autos in terms of "frustrating innovations."

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Schremp Howard posted:

Does Panini use game-used stuff for their rookie memorabilia cards or are they from photoshoots? That was the only trend of the 2000s that I thought topped sticker-autos in terms of "frustrating innovations."

Mostly event used. not a lot of gamers around for these guys.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
so when you do box breaks, please listen to Ashe and you will get upgrades to picking bad teams like Buffalo.

Also, Trading MTL for Dallas never looked so good.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

darkwolf220 posted:

Mostly event used. not a lot of gamers around for these guys.

That's what I figured. I want to say Pacific managed to pull it off in 03-04 Titanium and Luxury Suite though. I understand the logistics behind it, but it still seems like a real kick in the junk to have people spend hundreds on a pack and include event-worn jerseys.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
I'm in for one, Darkwolf :)

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

count me in as well for 1

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

AboveAndBeyond posted:

count me in as well for 1

Come on friends!! 4 more spots on this!! For old times sake. We will accept new people as well in search of all the lehtonens. Sidenote : I want all the lehtonens

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Mark me for a second as long as this is atleast a week and a half away.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Done and done. Glad to see some old faces.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Also, taking another spot. Feeling confident about this getting off the ground at this point, so I am going to tentatively schedule this for the week of Dec 2nd-8th. Actually date will be forthcoming, depends on my schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
oh snap, i gotta join the parade of two spots then.

one more, If you havent broken with us before, i will be sending out a very special gift to that person!!! (actually, probably 3 of them)

This is such good memories guys.
Such good memories.

• Locked thread