Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So how exactly do people cheat for the package delivery missions?

The only "cheating" I could think of is abusing the run-pickup-run-pickup cycle to do them slightly faster. You constantly start a running animation and drop the package then pick it up again before you run too far and then keep doing this. It is annoying and more difficult to pull off than I think it is worth.
Other than that I have no idea what you could mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So how exactly do people cheat for the package delivery missions?

Get a running start up to the package and mash spacebar/whatever button the consoles use to do everything while looking at the ground. You will pick up and drop the package repeatedly while maintaining your sprint. I believe BioWare has said it's OK with them.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Get a running start up to the package and mash spacebar/whatever button the consoles use to do everything while looking at the ground. You will pick up and drop the package repeatedly while maintaining your sprint. I believe BioWare has said it's OK with them.

Is it affected by lag at all? I figured out how to do it while playing a solo game, but any time I try to do it off host I seem to gently caress it up.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
My anecdotal evidence is that it works best with characters that can't side-dodge. The key is to make sure you've started into the sprint animation before you start spamming the sprint/pickup/everything button.

I don't find it terribly helpful, though. Maybe on speedruns or Collector Platinum or something.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think it is, although I've never tried to do it except when I'm playing solo. It seems pretty easy to gently caress up in any case, I've seen times where it would have been faster if the player had just walked back instead of failing repeatedly and having to keep running back for the package after missing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've seen it done close to loving flawlessly many times (mostly in xcalizorz's videos), but I can't do it myself. I assumed it was cause it's harder to do/not possible on consoles. I'll try it with a running start next time I guess. In all honesty, I doubt it's worth much more than just walking backwards, for the effort you're putting in.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Package delivery objectives are usually so easy that it's kind of pointless to exploit unless you're the only one still alive or want to emphatically show how good you are at this game etc. If people discovered some way of speeding up hack or cap-4 waves, that would be news.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Its annoying for your team because they are constantly spammed with "team mate has dropped the package! team mate has picked up the package!" messages over and over. It can be a bit of a risk too because sometimes the package will bug out and drop through the floor. Especially on that one ramp in vancouver. Also you can't do it on consoles. Not sure why but I hear its a PC only glitch.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Pumpking posted:

Its annoying for your team because they are constantly spammed with "team mate has dropped the package! team mate has picked up the package!" messages over and over.

That sound is my new Reave Dubstep. It is so loud.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

I vote for this version

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Schubalts posted:

That sound is my new Reave Dubstep. It is so loud.

The Vorcha's grab sounds are pretty awful too. I'm not sure if it's true for all grab sounds but the Vorcha's definitely play full volume no matter where you are. I think the only reason I notice them is because it seems like they go on longer with the multiple slashes. I think most other grabs are basically just pull over and then a single strike? I always feel bad for getting grab kills as a Vorcha because of this but I can't resist the urge to grab enemies whenever possible. :(

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Xyretire posted:

I'm not sure if it's true for all grab sounds but the Vorcha's definitely play full volume no matter where you are.

Pretty sure they all do, yeah.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Ever since the changes to FBW it's very rare to see people actually grab in random matches. It's great when you can pull one off in the middle of a group at low health, effectively giving you a free shield recharge. Most of the time though some punk charges into the thing you're grabbing at the last minute, causing you to feebly punch the air behind cover. :argh:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

exquisite tea posted:

Package delivery objectives are usually so easy that it's kind of pointless to exploit unless you're the only one still alive or want to emphatically show how good you are at this game etc. If people discovered some way of speeding up hack or cap-4 waves, that would be news.

Mostly it's useful for getting the maximum time bonus, and there's no downside to doing it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

exquisite tea posted:

Ever since the changes to FBW it's very rare to see people actually grab in random matches. It's great when you can pull one off in the middle of a group at low health, effectively giving you a free shield recharge. Most of the time though some punk charges into the thing you're grabbing at the last minute, causing you to feebly punch the air behind cover. :argh:

The worst is when someone does something ineffective against the enemy that causes them to move, and you do the massive wind-up, stepping out of cover and getting shot to poo poo. So frustrating.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

exquisite tea posted:

If I see someone grab in a random match I try to stick with them for as long as they stay in the lobby. Usually seems they are more competent than your average ME3 Xbox player anyway. And yeah, I think the invincibility frames from grabs are always long enough to get your shields filled even without Fitness 5 or equipment/gear which is amazing. Do you still get the i-frames if someone kills your target or are you just stuck in the animation and screwed? I don't remember it happening to me at any time that mattered. That probably means you still get them and it never mattered because I was invincible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Pumpking posted:

Its annoying for your team because they are constantly spammed with "team mate has dropped the package! team mate has picked up the package!" messages over and over. It can be a bit of a risk too because sometimes the package will bug out and drop through the floor. Especially on that one ramp in vancouver. Also you can't do it on consoles. Not sure why but I hear its a PC only glitch.

I've been in matches with people on PS3 doing it although I have no idea how.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So I've finally got the destroyer, and the only build I've seen is the one without the missile launcher. Is that 60666 the only viable build? What are people's preferences on rate of fire vs accuracy bonuses, etc?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

On the other hand, I dumped about 3 million into Spectre Packs last night to try to finally max out my gear, and it is ludicrous just how hard it is to get those uncommons.

Buy veteran packs. You'll get 1 uncommon in each one, and they cost 1/3 as much. I finally maxed out my uncommon weapons a few days ago, and I was getting Viper V, Viper VI, Viper VII...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Quite honestly I get better stuff now from vet packs than PSPs.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Blindeye posted:

So I've finally got the destroyer, and the only build I've seen is the one without the missile launcher. Is that 60666 the only viable build? What are people's preferences on rate of fire vs accuracy bonuses, etc?

The missile launcher is actually very useful now, it's definitely worth taking up to Hydra at rank 6. I usually take grenades up to 3 or 4 because I prefer to use them as more of a situational "stagger this Banshee that's executing someone" attack than a primary damage-dealer.

The launcher continually launches missile to stagger whatever you're aiming at and you don't even need to do anything other than passively aim it. It's really useful for crowd control.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Blindeye posted:

The 6/0/6/6/6 build is for a tanky support-type Destroyer. It kinda ignores the fact that you get some considerable extra DPS from the Hawk Missile Launcher, and it's incredibly useful for free staggers on everything around you, making up for the lost shields. I specced mine for extra damage, Hawk for faster reload & multiple missiles, and less into the passives, and still do pretty well in gold matches.

Here's what I mean.

I went for radius & count on the 'nades because they tend to fly all over the place and sometimes they'll all veer left of your actual target or somesuch. You may prefer different. Also bring your biggest guns and take cover as much as you can &c.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Silver Alicorn posted:

I went for radius & count on the 'nades because they tend to fly all over the place and sometimes they'll all veer left of your actual target or somesuch. You may prefer different. Also bring your biggest guns and take cover as much as you can &c.

Ah yes, :turianass: cover :turianass: . We have dismissed that claim.

(Seriously I rarely find myself going into cover with an aggressive Destroyer build.)

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Hi folks, I just added a few more people to the new 360 metagtag N7 Goons. Send a friend request to N7 Goons if you want in on this.

precision posted:

Ah yes, :turianass: cover :turianass: . We have dismissed that claim.

(Seriously I rarely find myself going into cover with an aggressive Destroyer build.)

You should try to use cover more. It gives stabilty and accuracy bonuses as well as DR in addition to blocking LoS.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The new character is the Volus sentinel. :geno:

Changes are up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 20, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Dagger and Firebase White

Volus Mercenary Sentinel is now available as a new Rare card

Submission Net (Vorcha Engineer)
- All stats changed to match the Batarian Submission Net

Challenges
- Renamed N7 Day Challenge banner title to "Loyalist"

Arc Pistol
- Damage multiplier when fully charged increased from 2.0 to 3.0

Disciple Shotgun
- Damage increased from [46.3-57.8] to [55.6-69.5]

Collector SMG
- Damage increased from [37.4-46.75] to [41.2-51.5]

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 20, 2012

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

A Volus with Decoy, Combat Drone, and Shield Boost. I think this just may be the worst class in the game.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

subroc posted:

A Volus with Decoy, Combat Drone, and Shield Boost. I think this just may be the worst class in the game.

Or the most focused support class. Think about it: two pets to occupy the enemies, and naught else to spend your cooldowns on but spamming Shield Boost.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Combat Drones are literally made of porcelain compared to Geth Turrets, so you'll be casting it a lot anyway.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Combat drone gives some fire support at least, and the last time I brought my human engineer to a gold round it lasted a decent amount of time..?

Eh, I'd probably go 6/0/6/6/6 on that volus and boost and fire gun when not refreshing decoy. Seems like it could be a good way to keep trash occupied since everyone tends to focus fire on bosses.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I FINALLY GOT THE ORIGINAL ASARI ADEPT!!!!
That leaves me with only Quarian Manfiltrator to get, and then I'll be up to date on all but the newest classes. And I got a Particle Rifle in the same pack!
Still no loving Piranha, though.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Oh, they updated the badge name for N7 Day, it's "Loyalist" now.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Those poor lonely Salarians haven't had a new class since launch! I was thinking there could still be room for a Salarian Sentinel - Tech Armor, Energy Drain, Arc Grenade for crazy techsplosions.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Am I crunching these numbers correctly? Was doing some human sentinel theory-crafting:

damage/cast time (no weapons or gear)
code:
	66644	        06666	        66455
warp	956.25/2.91s	871.88/2.46s	1209/2.91s
throw	1380/1.45s	1290/1.23s	1170/1.45s
hp/sh	700/700	        825/825	        700/700
Based on that it looks like 66455 might be kind of fun.

edit:
\/ ok cool, wasn't sure on the BX bonuses. Probably best to just stick with 6/6/6/4/4 I guess.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 20, 2012

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
20% damage buffs to Disciple and Collector SMG. I was planning to grind the latter anyway, since you can get two achievements for just 140k, so this will be rather nice. Not sure if either is actually good yet, though.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

TheDK posted:

Am I crunching these numbers correctly? Was doing some human sentinel theory-crafting:

damage/cast time (no weapons or gear)
code:
	66644	        06666	        66455
warp	956.25/2.91s	871.88/2.46s	1209/2.91s
throw	1380/1.45s	1290/1.23s	1170/1.45s
hp/sh	700/700	        825/825	        700/700
Based on that it looks like 66455 might be kind of fun.

I'm too lazy to check your math but you're going to miss the rank 5 upgrade on whatever power you have at 4 (either expose or detonate), and a 6/6 BX does more damage than a 6/4 one

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

TheDK posted:

\/ ok cool, wasn't sure on the BX bonuses. Probably best to just stick with 6/6/6/4/4 I guess.

Yeah, even on Bronze, the majority of your damage will come from setting off Biotic Explosions every 3-4 seconds (and explosion damage scales). If you really want to try maximizing damage, go for 66653 and see if you miss that extra 75 health/shields.

Also, don't forget to include effective health/shields from tech armor DR if you're looking at the trade-offs. Assuming you took full DR in Tech Armor, you end up with a 100/(100 - 50*0.75) = 1.6 multiplier to shields/health (the *0.75 is because Bioware likes lying with numbers and DR is really 75% of the listed value). Hence, 6 TA / 4 (or 5) fitness effectively has 1120 H/S (as opposed to your calculated 825 for 06666). 6 TA and 3 fitness gives you 1000 effective H/S.

In general, stopping at R5 in fitness is not worthwhile except on melee builds - you're better off staying at 4 or going all the way to 6. A 6/5 explosions does 94% of the damage of a 6/6 explosion, so 66554 would definitely be viable.

E: Your damage values for throw are actually the force. If you want a better idea of the damage your powers are doing to health/armor etc., throw your build into Narida's class builder.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 20, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
poo poo I though we'd be getting an infiltrator for sure. Arc Pistol buff seems nice and the Disciple buff is pretty substantial. Should run nicely with omni-blade and heavy barrel on my Batarian Vanguard.

You really want to be running 6/6/6/4/4 on a human sent. Take extra DR at TA 6 and a stronghold package if you want to be tankier.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
They're going to have to do a lot better than that to make my Collector SMG II worthwhile. :colbert:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Whoa, whoa, let me get this right.....the balance changes actually came on time this week? :confused:

But yeah, the actual damage numbers are a moot point with Human Sentinel and Biotic classes in general, its all about the BX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Blindeye posted:

No, it's not the only viable build. You can take 66066 too. Take the reduction in shield penalty and the 3 missile barrage for good times (I use it just fine on gold). I personally hate multifrags. I go with rate of fire, I suppose it depends on what weapons you prefer to use.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

• Locked thread