Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I had a bad night somehow, all I remember is that I saw a lot of dreams and they left me feeling uneasy for some reason. I woke up to a sleep paralysis late in the morning.

The cupboard at the end of my bedroom opened and some gray/white thing appeared from there. I said "not you again" (?!) and the thing picked up my right leg. I started slashing at it with an imaginary sword or something, at which point it disappeared and I woke up.

I get sleep paralysis so often I'm mostly just annoyed by it, rather than horrified. I usually become barely conscious just before and feel it coming somehow, so I try to start moving around, which helps sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I had a weird one last night and no idea why - started out with me being at the gym, working out and chatting with people, nothing out of the ordinary. I finished, went to the locker room, and when I opened up my locker I found a bunch of old computer hardware (no loving clue). I pulled it out and looked at it, I remember there were a couple motherboards and 3 video cards - a GTX 570, a Voodoo 5 5500, and I don't remember the third one. First thought was "man, I thought I lost this, this would be pretty cool to show someone" rather than "why the gently caress do I have computer parts in my gym locker??"

Jolly Corndog
Apr 5, 2008

It's lamb, ding dong,
not sal-man
Axl Rose was playing a concert in the front yard of my old house. He kept yelling at me because the speakers weren't working and cords weren't plugged in or something.

Then he walked off the stage, which was my porch.

That guy is a dick.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I dreamed about my ex girlfriend's vagina. We haven't dated since high school and haven't even seen eachother in person in literally a decade. :wtc:

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.
Is she still in your highlight reel? ^^^ That's probably why.

A few nights ago I had a dream about being shot at while in some suburban neighborhood. Kind of weird because I've never been around too many guns going off. I think it matches a scene in Hotel Rwanda (kind of) and I had just read the wiki to refresh my memory on the movie earlier in the day.

A few nights before that I had one where I found two cats. :3:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If we can dig back a few days. I had a nightmare a week ago where I was stuck at an inpatient mental ward. The people there hated me and the staff treated me like poo poo. I wasn't allowed to do anything but what was absolutely necessary to not die from starvation or dehydration. Ended it with being dragged into a small cell with a closet sized bathroom and being locked in.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I've been ill so have had a few nights of awesome crazy dreams!

One night I was evading zombies in a factory with a group of other people. Then we managed to get out and onto a bus which we then used to mow them down with :)

Last night Gollum was luring kids out of school and into the sewers from where he and they were stealing valuables from all the teachers houses. I was tracking him in my truck on the roads above. I woke up just as we were luring him out with a banana. He had just stolen some spoons!

Boing!
May 23, 2012
Something about partaking in 'baby race'---a whole bunch of mothers of all ages were going to race their strollers in and out of this crazy lady's house, and the winner's kid would get a backstage tour of Disneyland when they turned eight. My mother and I were participating, and the baby we had (mine, apparently) was a tiny little blue-eyed blonde boy whom we wrapped head to toe in burlap. I don't recall if we won but at the end we unwrapped Jr. (who somehow had not suffocated despite being wrapped in burlap) and set him on the floor, proimpting another woman to grab her baby away exclaiming 'I know who that is and I don't like him!'

No, I neither drank nor took drugs last night; why do you ask?

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
I dreamt I was at an anime convention with a bunch of people from high school that I never got along with. Then I went back to the hotel room and had sex with an alien.

That's the short version but it was even weirder than it sounds.

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
It was sometime during the apocalypse, and I poo poo my pants.

Then, while shellshocked people watched, I poo poo in a full kitchen sink. I sprayed off my rear end with the wand faucet. Nobody seemed to mind the spectacle. Or the apocalyse much either.

That was not a fun dream.

AfroSpatula fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 20, 2012

Bird Priest
Jun 22, 2009

I have free will to do what I want but I choose to oscillate.
I dreamed that Vladimir Putin was actually 12 years old. I wondered why everyone was so scared of him, and gave him a noogie.

Bug Spray And Pray
Feb 18, 2007
I dreamt a friend had asked me for a ride to work early in the morning but told her that I couldn't because I needed to be somewhere else.

A while later I'm driving and see her waiting at a bus stop. We both see each other and I point and laugh as I speed off.

I'm a dick.

Blogosphere
Mar 31, 2011
Last night I dreamed I ran into my ex-fiancee who I havent seen in 3 or 4 years, ever since we split up. It has really ruined my whole day today. Its taken me years to really get over the loss of her and our relationship and my frequent dreams about her have been a constant pain in my rear end, perpetually refreshing my memory of what she looked like, smelled like, felt like...

So yeah, dreaming about running into her on the street, rekindling our relationship, and making hot sweet love all night long is a terrible bittersweet way to wake up in the morning.

gently caress you dreams! Let me move on!

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
One time I dreamed that the world ended somehow, and dinosaurs started walking the earth alongside the last remnants of human civilization. I knew I had to work to recreate civilization, so me and a band of survivors tried to get more people together. We were attacked by dinosaurs but thanks to my shrewd negotiation skills I managed to get them on our side. Turns out the dinosaurs could talk. Then I went to the remnants of a shopping mall to recruit more dudes, because I knew that even though dinosaurs were powerful allies they weren't strong enough for the trials ahead. Once I got to Borders I got a reusable shopping bag and got distracted looking at books, then I woke up.

A few weeks ago I had a dream where I was fighting monsters with a katana. I have never woken up more ashamed of myself.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The other morning I remember waking up from a dream in which I was buying egg rolls from a small stand that had just opened up in my city. The name of the stand?

gently caress TEXAS :v:

I'm not sure what my subconscious is telling me but those were some drat good gently caress Texas egg rolls.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Quick question. Does anyone else have recurring dream locations that aren't really tied to your every day life?

For some reason, I will have a dream that takes place in what my mind tells me is Jim Thorpe, PA. Only, it is like Jim Thorpe if you took the 1890s version, and just plopped it in modern day. And there are some differences as well. But almost every single very vivid, very strange, dream, as well as most of my nightmares, take place in Jim Thorpe. I don't live near Jim Thorpe, and aside from driving through it once, I haven't even visited it in about 7 years.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I dreamt that two of my work colleagues were playing starcraft against one another and at the end one of them let one hellion slip into his base and as it touched his commandcenter he lost and I yelled at him for letting it happen.

rand
Apr 26, 2003
I dreamed that MiO built a restaurant.

They served items like Turkey burgers and tofu. The girl that went ahead of me was concerned whether the meat was cruelty-free or something. And the guy there was like "I'm not really sure". And I'm like "well it's MiO so it probably is".

And of course they served MiO. But only one flavor of it, red. They had a vat of it next to the lemonade.

After we left the restaurant without really getting anything (I kept going on and on in my head how I should have bought the turkey burger). I went and got myself some berry pomegranate MiO to try. And it was delicious. But it had this weird aftertaste that made you want to drink another one immediately..

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
This was a little over a week ago. I had meant to make a round trip from my college to my parents house, but I got there a little late, so I decided to stay the night. I'm not sure if that matters, but this dream was strange enough for me to look into the circumstances behind it. This was only the last part of the dream.

I was talking to my teacher, and one of my assignments was late, and I had to work on it with someone else. I got assigned someone, and I asked for his email. For some reason he had a name in this dream, because his email was "chris_h@myschool.edu". I only know one Chris H in real life, and he didn't really look like this guy. The scene cuts to Shirley and Britta from Community (I was watching it right before going to bed), and they're in a church like place, with a view of another church in the window. Suddenly, the other church that they can see starts burning quickly, from the ground up. The sprinkler system goes off, and they both start praying loudly, as the sprinklers flood the church they're in, more than sprinklers should, and the water rose past their waists.

I, and some other people, accused Chris H of starting the church fire. He was trying to refute it, and I said that I saw his silhouette at the church (which I'm pretty sure was bullshit, but people believed me). After that, I think he changed, or transformed into a different person, someone I didn't recognize as much. He was holed up into a barn, shirtless and muscular, and insane. He kept going over conversations he had with other people out loud, screaming at them, trying to change the past conversation, somehow. He was talking in English and Spanish this whole time (odd, as I don't know spanish).

At this point, the dream gets twisted. He starts building these pointed bamboo sticks on the roof of the barn, diagonally. People start going up to the roof, and impaling themselves on these hollow, pointed sticks. People started getting curious about this, and heading up to the roof to watch, only to find themselves impaled somehow, the bamboo sticks were moving, and if they stepped back, even a little, they'd find a stick through their heart. Even reporters were going up there, and becoming impaled live on camera.

Meanwhile, the insane man (maybe Chris H?) starts climbing up a long ladder. He is constantly chanting as he climbs, in both English and Spanish. I don't remember most of his chants, but I remember one, it was "Machina es liberte". In my American head, this was Spanish for "Machine is freedom." Looking back, this might be a mixture of French and Latin. Someone was at the top of the ladder, and there was a pointed bamboo stick at the top. This person explained that Chris was going to crucify himself, and let the bamboo stick impale through his head. At this point, either another person or some force flung this persons head onto a bamboo stick, impaling him. The person stabbed might have been me.

The people who were stabbed weren't dying. They were going mad. They were running across the roof, screaming, running in the streets, screaming, gushing blood from their orifices, covering the entire area. Meanwhile, Chris kept climbing. There were so many shrieks, so much blood, it seemed like the end of days. Somehow, I was able to force myself awake at this point, fearing that I may go mad as well if I stayed.

I'm glad I was able to leave, but I really am curious as to what would've happened if I stayed. No doubt he would have been able to crucify himself, but what then? Would it have stopped? Or maybe something more sinister would have happened...I had the feeling that his actions were being guided by a dark being. If I have this dream again, I might wait it out, just from sheer curiosity.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Just remembered one from a while ago. Got into a sleep paralysis state (first time that I remember). Nothing happened at first, I was sort of aware of myself just lying in bed for a while until I was suddenly struck by the realization that I was experiencing sleep paralysis, which I was immediately curious about. To verify my suspicions I tried to move my limbs but found them strangely numb and could not, and I proceeded to muse over my situation for a few moments However, this didn't last long as out of the corner of my eye, I saw a dim light. I sleep on my back and the foot of my bed faces the closet, so I realized that it was a glow coming around the corners of the closet door, as if there was a dim light on in there. I couldn't get a direct view of it due to my body orientation but it was pretty visible as my room was otherwise completely dark.

I watched on with interest as the light slowly grew brighter and brighter, but after it hit a certain level of brightness I suddenly got a very urgent, very deep-seated impulse, like my body was screaming at me to look away and that I should fear it for some reason. At this point I panicked as I couldn't really move my eyes (and was thus stuck looking at it out the corner of my eye, which terrified me for some reason), so I summoned all of my bodily strength and attempted to jerk my arm as hard as possible at which point I jerked my body in real life, waking me up and causing the light to subside immediately.

I got a rushing sense of relief and I turned over and went back to sleep.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I took a frozen fish out of my freezer, and it thawed, came back to life and started flopping about my kitchen. Poor fish. :(

L5 Death
Oct 6, 2009
I went to India and bought 15kg bag of rice as a souvenir. I tried to find some saffron but all the shops were out.

Flight of Fancy
Sep 8, 2012
There was one marshmallow left. It was crusty. I ate it.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I had a very vivid dream, the first one I can remember in months. I had been assigned through school to go live in a sort of academic commune in the mountains, log cabin style. I got there and met people, there were probably 30 residents in all and I met maybe half of them. I spent some time getting to know a few of them- the elderly wood carver who seemed haunted by his past, the friendly blonde girl who was uncomfortable with my pot smoking habit and trying not to appear disappointed that I couldn't remember her name from our earlier introduction, the two chill guys who made frequent runs into town for supplies. The whole thing felt like a fresh start, which was nice, despite the tinge of sadness for the life I had left behind.

Looking back now, I connect this dreamscape to another from about 6 months ago where I feel like I may have met this group when they were still in a big house the city, throwing a party which I crashed for some reason (a girl).

Analyze me?

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 20, 2012

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
I dreamt about jumping of a passanger plane that was about to crash. I did some Mission impossible stuff and landed on my legs right infront of a cab driver in NYC.

His expression was exactly like mine when I woke up :aaa:

A Furious Foetus
Aug 15, 2009
I had a dream I was a soldier in WW2. I was sneaking my way through a typical French town, I had no weapon but a bayonet and the shadows cast by the late afternoon sun. Every building was detached which was lucky for me as they provided a steady flow of cover to run between. Loose rubble and bits of destroyed cars littered my path and made it difficult to move quietly. I was heading out of town.

I notice a German soldier standing in one of the gaps between two houses, his cigarette smoke gave him away as I could smell him before I could see him. He was facing out into the street guarding something I wasn't privy to. I snuck around the back of the building and tip-toed up behind him, bayonet ready. I had to keep it quiet.

His breathing quickened the instant my arm went around his face, I could feel saliva and snot moisten my skin as he fought for breath. I could feel the slightly grainy texture of his rib cage as I slid the bayonet in. He was too busy trying to pull my arm off his face to reach for his sub and fire off a round. Good for me. I whisper into his ear that I'll see him in Hell. I tell him God is on my side. He stops fighting and slumps to the ground and I relieve him of his gun just in case things get too hairy.

Then the dream ends, I wake up and shake my head laughing, "God's not real."

rand
Apr 26, 2003

A Furious Foetus posted:

I had a dream I was a soldier in WW2. I was sneaking my way through a typical French town, I had no weapon but a bayonet and the shadows cast by the late afternoon sun. Every building was detached which was lucky for me as they provided a steady flow of cover to run between. Loose rubble and bits of destroyed cars littered my path and made it difficult to move quietly. I was heading out of town.

I notice a German soldier standing in one of the gaps between two houses, his cigarette smoke gave him away as I could smell him before I could see him. He was facing out into the street guarding something I wasn't privy to. I snuck around the back of the building and tip-toed up behind him, bayonet ready. I had to keep it quiet.

His breathing quickened the instant my arm went around his face, I could feel saliva and snot moisten my skin as he fought for breath. I could feel the slightly grainy texture of his rib cage as I slid the bayonet in. He was too busy trying to pull my arm off his face to reach for his sub and fire off a round. Good for me. I whisper into his ear that I'll see him in Hell. I tell him God is on my side. He stops fighting and slumps to the ground and I relieve him of his gun just in case things get too hairy.

Then the dream ends, I wake up and shake my head laughing, "God's not real."

Berry pomegranate what??

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A few nights ago I dreamt that I was at a large outdoor festival with my girlfriend and my family. We were all sitting around a campfire when these helicopters flew overhead and started dropping cars onto the festival. They flew away but vehicles and heavy machinery kept falling from the sky and exploding on the ground. I started running, looking for my girlfriend and trying to find an exit, and was being swept along in a big group of people. Eventually I got away from the crowd and found my girlfriend and that's about all I can remember. It was really weird and vivid, like watching a Michael Bay movie inside my head, but the strangest thing is yesterday (2 days after the dream) I was reading a novel and there was a part where terrorists use cranes to fling cars at people during a war / riot that was eerily reminiscent of my dream.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I often dream about having to take a pee real bad, so I'm running around a building full of washrooms and not a single stall is clean. I'm talkin' to the brim with poo poo, doors missing etc. And I can't hover/squat above the seat because they're always ungodly high up. It's a distressing dream. :( Then I wake up and pee in my clean toilet and everything's okay.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I have a re-occurring dream where my mom chases me with a giant salami. Do you think it means something?

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
I went time traveling with my dead Dalmatian. Ended up seeing younger versions of everyone I know, including myself. The weird thing was he was there every time shift, unchanged. I started playing Frisbee with him on the beach before I knew it wasn't real and decided to wake myself up. 99% of my dreams are lucid like this.

Quality_Guaranteed
Jan 23, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I had two or three dreams last night. The first was just a brief scene of a guy walking around a fair at the beach, carrying a box full of batteries and sodas on ice. He was trying to sell both of them, but I think the batteries were his main item and the sodas were like a bonus or something. I remember thinking in the dream that he should've separated them, because the ice and water might damage the batteries. He also was a Christian fundamentalist and got into an argument with another guy about God or whatever. Also, the fair was really close to the water, with waves lapping right up to the stalls and tents.

The second dream was a Dragonball Z dream. I've had several over the years. This one, they were fighting Ultimate Majin Buu, but I think it took place after the Buu Saga and Majin Buu somehow came back. There's not much to tell except that Tienshinhan was there and I was like "Christ, Tien, what are you even doing here?" Tien shot an energy blast at Buu and it did something to him, like changed his chemical make-up. But it didn't stop him. I remember seeing Super Saiyan Goku and thinking "Is he Super Saiyan One or Super Saiyan 2? You might want to try SSJ2, Goku." I also saw Vegeta and distinctly remember hearing his theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JjjSKh6jM), and then I think "Are you guys going to turn into Gogeta or Vegetto?", or something to that effect.

There was a third and final dream, but it may have been a continuation of the DBZ dream. I wake up and there's a bowl of gross oatmeal. It looks like clay but there's greasy orange oil all over it, and I immediately infer that it's Majin Buu after the Z-Fighters changed his chemistry. I decide I need to eat it before it goes bad, and just start spooning it in my mouth and look out the window. Outside I can see the highway, and it's such that it's perfectly level with my eyes. I see two guys dressed as colorful Muppet-like monsters, one bright pink and the other blue, looking like something out of Fraggle Rock or the Muppets or whatever, because they were big and fluffy and had googly eyes. They were looking over the median directly at me, and the dream ends with me backing away uncomfortably from the window, still eating the Majin Buu oatmeal.

There is no such highway behind my house in real life...

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I had a dream in which I woke up, got dressed and went to work.

Then I actually woke up, got dressed and went to work.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
When I wake up, I immediately type up the last dream I had into a netbook I keep by my bed. I have hundreds of these. Here's last night's:

I'm in some sort of lit class, and we're sitting outside. I think I'm talking to a woman wearing a hijab. We're waiting for the professor to get there so we can start talking about the book we read. It's very late at night - near 11 pm. I am hungry for a cookie, so I get up to buy one from a little store somewhere.
A friend gives me some incomprehensible instructions about making change. I run out because I see the professor is getting there and I don't want to miss the lecture. I run into some sort of large library, and the first place I go is closed. I find a random cookie sitting somewhere else and I grab it. Then I finally find a small vender selling things in a room. I go and buy a raisin cookie and a chocolate chip cookie. It's really expensive for some reason (like $30 for both) and I give the guy my credit card. He scans it and it takes forever to process. He keeps telling me to just chill and that it'll go through. I'm starting to get anxious, but the card never goes through. I finally just yell at him that I'll pay in cash. I've already eaten the cookies, and I'm mad that I spend so much money on these lectures, just to miss them because I can't get my goddamn cookies paid for. The guy seems like an idiot.

Huh, that one was pretty boring. I usually don't remember typing these, as I do it when I'm barely conscious and then I often fall right back to sleep.

With one recent dream, I typed the number 673620 after my narrative. I have no idea what this means.

Another dream garnered only one word: Beartown. Yet again, I don't remember typing it or what that one was about.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 21, 2012

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I dreamed that I went to In-N-Out Burger. I live a country away from the nearest one now. :smith:

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I dreamed that I was walking down my street. I don't have very creative dreams.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

klapman posted:

I dreamed that I went to In-N-Out Burger. I live a country away from the nearest one now. :smith:

They're not as good as they used to be several years ago, be comforted by that.

Speaking of food dreams, I dreamed a couple of nights ago that I was eating a magnificent leg of lamb, charred on the outside still pink and tender on the inside. It was seasoned with garlic and rosemary and olive oil, and lightly brushed with this interesting lemon-thyme glaze. I could literally taste it in my dream, and when I woke up I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went to the store today and got a rack of lamb and I'm going to marinate it in rosemary and garlic tomorrow. I'm trying to experiment with making a similar lemon-thyme glaze like the one I dreamed of, but I don't want it to be sweet, which is the dilemma of how to make it in a glaze otherwise.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

IronClaymore posted:

It's worse when you've finished all your exams, and it carries over into waking life. You get up at 6 am, after almost endless dreams about exams and studying, get dressed, have breakfast, about to leave, no time for anything, at the last second you realise that your last exam was two weeks ago.

Even worse when you dream about high school exams and you've been in college for four years :psyduck:

Oh God, all of this. The worst possible ending is that you wake up and you haven't even taken the exam you dreamt was 2 weeks ago which then throws you into an (although very temporary) actual panic! :gonk:

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
I dreamed I was having a Pokémon battle in my old primary school, my Articuno vs some electric Pokémon. It used spark, I countered with Psybeam (?) and won. Whilst somebody was telling me I'd beaten some kind of challenge (like a narrator for 'real life') I walked over to my boyfriend and we boned like right there, next to the admin building of my primary school.

Woke up aroused and incredibly confused.

When they said a side effect of these meds were vivid dreams they weren't kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I had a dream where I had to take a poo poo really badly. I had no time to drop my pants, so in dream logic this meant I had to poop in the sink, which I then proceeded to do. There was a gigantic turd that went all the way around the bowl almost two times, with a big white chunk that I recognized as white bread I had eaten the day before. I thought "Man, I have to show this to somebody" followed by "I can't let anyone see that I pooped in the sink" so I started running the water and trying to force it down the drain.

I then woke up, and thought about why I was dreaming about taking a crap. That thought apparently stuck with me when I drifted off, because I then dreamed I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I dropped my pants they were full of poo poo, and in the dream I realized this was because I pooped in my sleep during the previous dream.

Woke up again, confirmed that I did not poo poo my pants, and dreamed no more of poop that night.

• Locked thread