Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If you take the shield upgrades for combat drones they're fairly durable even on gold. Maybe not as durable as the Geth's, but enough to last a while and get you some free kills.

I'd probably skip the drone at this point (although I guess if you spec it for neural shock and your drone for rockets you could potentially do a lot of damage without being anywhere in the area).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Golgozor posted:

No, it's not the only viable build. You can take 66066 too. Take the reduction in shield penalty and the 3 missile barrage for good times (I use it just fine on gold). I personally hate multifrags. I go with rate of fire, I suppose it depends on what weapons you prefer to use.
I'm trying out 66464 right now. He's plenty tanky as it is, and multifrags are too useful of a get-out-of-jail/phantoms/pyros free card to give up completely.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They're going to have to do a lot better than that to make my Collector SMG II worthwhile. :colbert:

With the damage bump it looks like it'll be less lovely at X but I still wouldn't run it without rail amps. A clip size buff would've been a better move.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Paracelsus posted:

I'm trying out 66464 right now. He's plenty tanky as it is, and multifrags are too useful of a get-out-of-jail/phantoms/pyros free card to give up completely.

The better option is to not let yourself get in that position anyway. I guess I prefer not to play low fitness builds with Destroyer.

The Disciple buff puts it past the Katana, but does it make it not suck yet?

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 20, 2012

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The volus sentinel sounds great but it should've been a salarian. :colbert:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Rick posted:

If you take the shield upgrades for combat drones they're fairly durable even on gold. Maybe not as durable as the Geth's, but enough to last a while and get you some free kills.

I'd probably skip the drone at this point (although I guess if you spec it for neural shock and your drone for rockets you could potentially do a lot of damage without being anywhere in the area).

Yeah with drone I either max shields and damage and take rockets at 6. Or take explosive at 4 and skip 5 and 6. It's durable enough the first way and the second way just assumes it'll die right away and plans accordingly. I'll probably go to 6 on the Volus because I never max decoy on my salarian so that frees up some points.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Dammit, I want that Drell Infiltrator. If there was ever a race built for that class, it's the Drell--and Bioware keeps dragging their feet.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Buy veteran packs. You'll get 1 uncommon in each one, and they cost 1/3 as much. I finally maxed out my uncommon weapons a few days ago, and I was getting Viper V, Viper VI, Viper VII...
I tried that, and Spectre Packs are probably the better deal, since you get at least three Uncommons, sometimes four. It's faster, if nothing else. I'm not sure if there's any internal logic preventing it from handing out more than one Gear, though.

All I know is a dumped about a million into Veterans and got roughly five Gear out of it.

Xyretire posted:

Do you still get the i-frames if someone kills your target or are you just stuck in the animation and screwed?
For the most part, I think enemies turn invincible too while they're getting punched to death. The grab takes precedence over anything I can remember trying.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Alter Ego posted:

Dammit, I want that Drell Infiltrator. If there was ever a race built for that class, it's the Drell--and Bioware keeps dragging their feet.

I suspect they might be doing that on purpose.
It seems like the Drell Infiltrator has been the most highly anticipated and requested class of this batch, so they'll want to release all the others before it to flood the pool of possible gold cards again so people will have to buy more PSPs to get that sweet, sweet Drell, preferably with Bioware fun bux.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I'm not sure if there's any internal logic preventing it from handing out more than one Gear, though.

There is not, I've had a couple packs where I got 2+, sometimes of the same rarity and not just "one uncommon, one rare"

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
More likely a recon mine with a 3 second cooldown and a 1.8x damage boost is a bit OP and bioware is making an attempt to balance it before they release.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Recon mine + a claymore shot to the face, more like. :getin:

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I got me a Volus Engineer. What are people doing with him?

edit: So far I specced Recon Mine for damage buffs, Proximity mine for the same. I can't remember what I did for the other points.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I feel like the Asari Infiltrator will be the beastmode here. An 80% boost to Dark Channel is going to absolutely shred anything armored, especially if you can follow it up with a warp with another 80% boost and a hail of cloak boosted warp rounds.

I'm pretty sure the BX won't get any boost from cloak, but still, that's a lot of armor tearing potential.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Mr Butthole posted:

I got me a Volus Engineer. What are people doing with him?

edit: So far I specced Recon Mine for damage buffs, Proximity mine for the same. I can't remember what I did for the other points.

I did this with my volus engineer. Mostly what you've already said; specifically, I went with damage protection and radius on shield boost and its AOE is massive, I can hit allies with it from quite some distance.

I've noticed the damage protection and over-healing of shields on Boost can lead to - on plat - a scion's first shot (as an example) seeming to do no damage whatsoever.
This is obviously a limited effect but IMO quite valuable, especially if you can pair it up with a Justicar defense bubble or other increase to defenses.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

doomfunk posted:

I've noticed the damage protection and over-healing of shields on Boost can lead to - on plat - a scion's first shot (as an example) seeming to do no damage whatsoever.

An xcalizorz video claimed and seemed to prove (I wasn't completely convinced) that initiating shield boost gets you a few invulnerability frames. If it was you and not your teammates taking no damage that's probably what happened.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Paracelsus posted:

I don't think I would give up the shield/hp bonus. With the 40% shields on destroyer mode he is such a god drat tank. The multifrags just don't seem worth it compared to missile spam from the hawk. I feel like Iron Man shoot rockets everywhere and being indestructible with 66066.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Was it ever determined whether or not invasive scan gives the damage bonus to recon mine's detonation?

Mr Butthole
Nov 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

doomfunk posted:

I did this with my volus engineer. Mostly what you've already said; specifically, I went with damage protection and radius on shield boost and its AOE is massive, I can hit allies with it from quite some distance.

This is obviously a limited effect but IMO quite valuable, especially if you can pair it up with a Justicar defense bubble or other increase to defenses.

What weapon are you using with him? I only played one round, but I used the Carnifex because I didn't know wtf I was doing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god, the Drell's racial passive tree is loving outstanding. 50% bonus to powers and a massive capacity. My Pirahna X only takes me to +185%. :stare:

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

You can have a 30% headshot bonus and a paladin that weighs nothing. :v:

E: I'm sure he had the best weapon damage bonus too until the super soldiers came along.

Houdini fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 21, 2012

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It's nice to see that Combat Drone is slightly less useless than it used to be, but I miss the Decoy that literally every enemy one would care about distracting doesn't just run straight past. :(

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
Welp, finally unlocked the the weapon challenges.

Shotguns: Eviscerator, Graal, Claymore, Geth Plasma Shotgun, Wraith, Crusader, Reegar, Piranha, Raider. This one went by extremely quickly since almost all of those weapons are viable on gold. IIRC I did most of these with Krogan Soldier while trying to grind out the 200 waves for Bloodpack mastery.

Disciple - I gave the Disciple a shot to try to fulfill commando mastery along with shotgun mastery, but the complete lack of stopping power was awkward when you need to kill things with the gun itself for purposes of the challenge rather than stagger enemies so that you can kill them with something else. That said, this was before they boosted the damage by 20%, which actually makes the DPS better than quite a few of the weapons that I did complete. I'll definitely give it another shot for commando mastery.

Eviscerator - Bad Wraith. I couldn't take this above silver.

Graal - Bad Crusader, but still totally viable on gold. I grew to hate the travel time on the projectiles by the end.

Claymore - I'm a terrible shot and didn't use tons of amps/ammos, so this one took longer than it should have. After I did sniper rifles however, it felt like it was outclassed by the Kishock.

Geth Plasma Shotgun - Everyone seems to have forgotten about this one with all the DLC guns and whatnot, but I found it invaluable for its staggering. Might be eclipsed though by the fact that anyone can carry a spare Acolyte with practically no cooldown penalty.

Wraith - I wish this had a teensy bit more damage. It does better damage per shot than the Raider and can actually hit things beyond point-blank range, but doesn't have the burst capability.

Crusader - I swear that I keep misjudging the targeting on this one and missing headshots.

Reegar/Piranha - Everyone knows that these are two of the best guns in the game.

Raider - I think that this is better than the Claymore as a point-blank weapon, although the Claymore has a big edge when it comes to hitting at a distance. But I figure that if I want a point-blank weapon I'd go with the Piranha or Reegar.

Assault Rifles: Phaeston, Falcon, Revenant, Geth Pulse Rifle, Saber, Collector Rifle, Harrier, Typhoon, Argus. I primarily did these with Turian Soldier. Marksman makes the crappiest of assault rifles into something significantly less painful to level. There are enough decent assault rifles that I didn't even need to use the Particle Rifle or Mattock to finish the challenge.

Vindicator - I hated this one in SP so I wasn't going to start using it in MP.

Mattock - I skipped this one since I thought it would make my wrists fall off, but it's probably easier to complete than quite a few of the ARs that I did finish.

Particle Rifle - I skipped this one entirely because it's best on warp classes with ammo powers, and I wasn't working on grinding the waves for those classes at the time.

Phaeston - I don't think I ever used this before the challenges, but was pleasantly surprised by it. Without marksman it was still pretty accurate. Not quite gold viable, though

Falcon - I didn't bother explicitly trying to grind this one because of its low damage, but I did eventually complete it from all the times that I brought it along for purposes of staggering and ammo powers.

Revenant - Bad Typhoon. By the end, I couldn't stand this one due to its low accuracy. On anything but the TS I would have trouble hitting spindly enemies like husks and nemeses even when they're right in front of me.

GPR - Bad Phaeston/Collector Rifle.

Saber - I dunno, I just felt underwhelmed by this one. I tried this on the Ghost as well but I kept wishing that it did more damage or had a higher ROF. Still gold viable, of course.

Collector Rifle - This is almost identical to the Phaeston, although it's probably slightly better because it trades a lower ROF for higher damage per shot at the same DPS (meaning better against armor).

Harrier - Everyone knows that this is one of the best guns in the game.

Typhoon - Don't use this (or any gun with a charge-up time) on a Vorcha. More than once I would start firing it and I would kill a Husk or something and trigger the stupid bloodlust animation, which would cancel firing and make me start the windup all over again.

Argus - Bad Saber. TS and a stability amp would negate the kick well enough, but you really need all 3 bullets to hit or else you're just doing less damage than a Saber would, and it's a lot harder to nail three of them for a headshot even with stability boosts than it is to just nail one headshot with the Saber.

Sniper Rifles: Raptor, Incisor, Widow, Javelin, Black Widow, Kishock, Indra, Valiant, Collector Sniper Rifle. At this point, trying to fulfill the challenge became a grind. I would use level III amps every time as well as plenty of ammo powers to get through the really bad ones. I alternated between infiltrators on the high damage SRs and TS for the rapid-fire ones. I skipped the Krysae because the nerfered firing rate is unbearably slow (even though they did un-nerf the damage) and the the Viper because it has one of the lowest DPS in the game (only beaten by some common weapons and niche ones like Acolyte and Falcon).

Raptor - Bad Mattock that does less damage and has a penalty when hipfired. Ugh, I'm glad that I don't get repetitive stress injuries from clicking because this one took forever. Even on silver with amps and ammo powers it would take shot after shot to kill anything.

Incisor - Bad Argus that does less damage and has a penalty when hipfired. I remember this one being considered The Worst Gun early on, but it was probably not as annoying as the Raptor. The stability amp combined with TS at least let me pump out tons of headshots at medium range.

Widow - With level III phasic ammo and tactical cloak I was 1-shotting enemies on gold. Phasic ammo completely changes this gun from being woefully underpowered on gold to being viable again.

Javelin - I hate the firing delay, but phasic ammo again turned this gun into a real beast on gold. I never tried the whole piercing + drill ammo silliness though. I'll also never get tired of doing cloak/proximity mine/shot and taking off huge chunks of boss' health.

Black Widow - This one was sweet because the enormous buffs plus shield gate reduction to it turned it into something where you could finally kill enemies in one clip with body shots on gold.

Kishock - This one was a BIG surprise. The no hipfire penalty turns it into a Claymore with pinpoint accuracy at range. It did take a while to get used to the arc, but it does a crapload of damage even uncharged and reloads very quickly. And you can never get tired of shooting people/robots/monsters in the dick and making them to flying.

Indra - Even with the buffs I was really underwhelmed. The problem that I had with a lot of the low-damage SRs, and especially the rapid fire ones was that you'll line up a headshot, but then once you hit the enemy will dodge in some way, causing you to have to reacquire the target (which is annoying when you have a powerful scope). Then, since the damage on ones like the Indra is so low you need to dump a lot more bullets in to actually finish the enemy off.

Valiant - It took me a loooooooong time to get the Valiant (I think I only got it in like September) so I missed the glory days of the gun before enemies and the other SRs were buffed. It was decent on gold (and a death ray on silver), but I think I need to downgrade it now to "bad Black Widow" following the huge buffs to the BW.

Collector Sniper Rifle - Bad Indra. The infinite ammo gimmick on this is incredibly awkward because it's hard to tell how much you need to use in order to kill something, combined with such a high ROF that it was easy to accidentally burn through the whole reserve and then be forced to sit there. The damage is also low enough that I had trouble killing things even on silver before running out of ammo.

SMG: Tempest, Locust, Hornet, GPSMG, Hurricane. Oh gawd was this painful. I used a level III amp and ammo power almost every time and I still had to go the Vorcha solo route to clear some of these.

Collector SMG - Wasn't an option at the time, but I may do it anyway for Retaliation mastery. It has replaced the Eagle as the weapon booby prize. The damage is pitiful and the clip runs out almost instantly. You have to constantly feather the trigger to not run out, which makes the DPS even worse.

Tempest - Bad Hurricane. Probably the 2nd best SMG and not painful to use, but it's still simply overshadowed by the Hurricane. It also really needs Turian Soldier to help with the inaccuracy.

Locust - This was by far the worst weapon of any that I did to grind. On BRONZE, with an amp and ammo powers and constant headshots it still felt like throwing wet toilet paper at the enemies.

Hornet - Bad Hurricane. The kick on this isn't bad at all if you use a stabilization amp, but there is still no reason to use this if you've got a Hurricane.

GPSMG - The damage on this is pretty bad, so I was forced into more Vorcha soloing to grind it out. Remember what I said about the Typhoon? Yeah, that happened every time I tried to rev up this gun.

Hurricane - Everyone knows that this is one of the best guns in the game.

Pistols: Phalanx, Arc Pistol, Carnifex, Scorpion, Talon, Paladin, Eagle, Acolyte. I didn't really grind most of these and instead got them through the incidental damage that I did with them while using caster classes.

Phalanx - Bad Arc Pistol. The DPS is a bit worse than the Arc Pistol, and it doesn't have the charge up option. Despite that, I was topping the scoreboards with it on silver using Turian Soldier during the 3 runs that it took to grind it out. I'll chalk that up to terrible pubs rather than the gun.

Arc Pistol - This was before today's buff. It's actually not half-bad if you want a pistol for popping headshots. I primarily just hammered the trigger though.

Carnifex - Bad Arc Pistol/bad Paladin. Remember when everyone loved this gun before it got nerfed and all the other pistols got buffs? This could very well have actually been the most annoying pistol to grind. It is completely unusable now because it is worse in almost every way than every other pistol.

Scorpion - It took me a little while to get the hang of shooting at feet since it's been a while since I last used the Scorpion, but it's as good as I remembered. Actually, it might be a little worse than I remembered now that the Acolyte exists...

Talon - Everyone knows that this is one of the best guns in the game.

Paladin - Bad Talon. It's not a LOT worse than the Talon, but it's still worse.

Eagle - This one was almost as bad as the Carnifex to grind. At least it shoots faster so that it was easier to finish off weakened enemies than the Carnifex. Otherwise I felt like I'd have to dump almost an entire clip into anything in order to kill it.

Acoylte - I liked this gun back in the charge up days and with the charge up removed I think this might be better than the Scorpion now. Can't see a reason to not just carry this as a backup on everyone nowadays.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

jpmeyer posted:

Talon - Everyone knows that this is one of the best guns in the game.

Paladin - Bad Talon. It's not a LOT worse than the Talon, but it's still worse.
They're apples and oranges. The Paladin is a pistol sniper rifle, the Talon is a pistol shotgun. Even with a scope you can't reliably pop heads with the Talon from a sniper nest (think Dagger or London) like you can with the Paladin. Maybe with a scope and Hunter/Devastator/Marksman but that's only a few classes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The one thing that I struggle with my volus engineer is where to put the recon mine. I was playing with some dudes yesterday who told me to put it on the spawn, but I didn't know where the spawn was on that map. I only know where some of the spawns are on some of the maps and I have trouble memorizing things like that. And since I find randos rarely hang out in one location, wherever I put it seems to be a waste.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

jpmeyer posted:

Claymore - I'm a terrible shot and didn't use tons of amps/ammos, so this one took longer than it should have. After I did sniper rifles however, it felt like it was outclassed by the Kishock.

The Claymore challenge went super quick for me doing the trusty old Human Infiltrator gimmick with a Shotgun Amp V and Rail Amp III. Equip a smart choke and the new double barrel mod for maximum head bursting.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Elotana posted:

They're apples and oranges. The Paladin is a pistol sniper rifle, the Talon is a pistol shotgun. Even with a scope you can't reliably pop heads with the Talon from a sniper nest (think Dagger or London) like you can with the Paladin. Maybe with a scope and Hunter/Devastator/Marksman but that's only a few classes.

Wouldn't the Talon also be less effective against armor? Armor damage reduction is applied to each pellet, isn't it?

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Elotana posted:

Based on the numbers from the class builder, the Paladin's damage is just a teensy bit too low to be able to pop heads on gold unless you are really speccing yourself to be able to do that. But then that raises the question of what kind of class are you playing that you are speccing yourself for weapon damage to go around headshotting but are using the Paladin rather than say, the Black Widow or Saber.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

subroc posted:

A Volus with Decoy, Combat Drone, and Shield Boost. I think this just may be the worst class in the game.

Most boring, certainly. And borderline useless, since Shield Boost is available to both other Volus, and both of which have more useful skills than Combat Drone of all things. Combat Drone is actually more useful than people seem to think (I learned when grinding points for it) but still not very useful.

Speaking of grinding, I finally got Gun Slinger down so I can have at least a slightly interesting banner. I still need like 70,000 Guardian points and I am getting so sick of Cerberus I might just go for the Geth one since it seems like the only faction challenge that doesn't have "that one enemy" you have to loving grind for (Husks/Cannibals and Abominations being the others).

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

jpmeyer posted:

Welp, finally unlocked the the weapon challenges.

Man, I had the opposite experience with a lot of those guns (barring the obvious best guns, of course).

I suck at sniping, so I used the Batarian Sentinal for most of the sniper challenges. The easiest ended up being the Raptor and Indra (partly because their scopes have sane zoom), though I was pleasantly surprised by the Incisor (w/HV and thermal), and even took it for a few spins on Gold. The Black Widow didn't really match my style - not quite enough damage to one-shot mooks and not enough bullets for me to reliable headshot more than once. Widow was great though!

The biggest surprise was the GPR - with an HV and thermal on a Ghost, its massive stream of headshots melted pretty much anything in Gold. Its no Harrier, but is definitely gold viable with the right class / mods (and the RNG gods hadn't seen fit to grant me a Harrier anyway). With the 3x headshot multiplier and the laser accuracy, I ended up liking it better than the Phaeston. Its also a fun sniper weapon on the TS. The Striker was also way more effective (on a Ghost) than I expected.

vvv Arc Pistol is awesome on the Havok. The charge time is so fast, you'll nearly always have one ready when havok strike comes up. Of course, the Acolyte is a thing that exists, but it gets boring to use it exclusively all the time. vvv

Stickman fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 21, 2012

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

jpmeyer posted:

Arc Pistol - This was before today's buff. It's actually not half-bad if you want a pistol for popping headshots. I primarily just hammered the trigger though.

Arc Pistol is pretty great cause you can both charge and shoot while sprinting. I haven't tried it with it the new patch but it sounds like an amazing change.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The carni isn't that good?

That can't be, I use it on my quarian infil all the time. :smith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

precision posted:

Speaking of grinding, I finally got Gun Slinger down so I can have at least a slightly interesting banner. I still need like 70,000 Guardian points and I am getting so sick of Cerberus I might just go for the Geth one since it seems like the only faction challenge that doesn't have "that one enemy" you have to loving grind for (Husks/Cannibals and Abominations being the others).

For me it was bombers.

Stickman posted:

The biggest surprise was the GPR - with an HV and thermal on a Ghost, its massive stream of headshots melted pretty much anything in Gold. Its no Harrier, but is definitely gold viable with the right class / mods (and the RNG gods hadn't seen fit to grant me a Harrier anyway). With the 3x headshot multiplier and the laser accuracy, I ended up liking it better than the Phaeston. Its also a fun sniper weapon on the TS. The Striker was also way more effective (on a Ghost) than I expected.

I roll with a GPR on my Gengineer, and I will fight anyone who says I'm wrong. Hunter mode specced for ROF and accuracy, Chain Overload specced for one jump and shield damage, and a heal-turret.
You aren't invincible, you aren't supremely deadly, but you are an amazing suppression machine and the constant headshots you can pour out tear mooks to pieces and give you a good shot against bosses. Especially since you can reload cancel with Overload.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder how they decide which new character to release each week, it seems kind of random. The new volus is pretty boring. I haven't used Decoy in a long time and it seemed to be a little too unreliable at actually doing anything. Sometimes it would lock a Phantom down like a charm but other times they just wandered right on by. I gave it the shock upgrade in hopes that it would encourage more enemies to attack it when they walk past but I kind of lost interest in making it work.

jpmeyer posted:

Crusader - I swear that I keep misjudging the targeting on this one and missing headshots.

The Crusader has a strange built in lag where it fires like a second after you actually pull the trigger and the shot lands where your crosshair was at the time you fired, not where it's currently pointing. It really threw me off at first but once I got used to it the gun became a headshot death machine on my batarian soldier and I still only have it at level I after all this time. It seemed to be pretty effective on gold even at that level. I'd really like to get more of them but it just keeps giving me Valiants that I'll never use, I'm up to VII now.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I've been running into the profile update bug a lot - where your credits and xp are reverted to pre-match values. This is easily fixed by logging/restarting ME3 a time or two, but I decided to try running another match after loosing credits to see what would happen. When I relogged, I had credits and xp for the second match but not the first, and the credits from the first match seem gone for good.

Basically, check your credits/level after each match, and if they don't look right make sure to relog before running any other matches!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Alteisen posted:

The carni isn't that good?

That can't be, I use it on my quarian infil all the time. :smith:

The carnifex is good in the same way the phaeston is good. It'll do a job, it'll do it well, and it'll never give you a word of complaint. However, it doesn't do the best job.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Stickman posted:

I've been running into the profile update bug a lot - where your credits and xp are reverted to pre-match values. This is easily fixed by logging/restarting ME3 a time or two, but I decided to try running another match after loosing credits to see what would happen. When I relogged, I had credits and xp for the second match but not the first, and the credits from the first match seem gone for good.

Basically, check your credits/level after each match, and if they don't look right make sure to relog before running any other matches!

I had a weird one yesterday: a completed a gold map with a level 19 soldier, which should've boosted me to level 20 but didn't because of that bug. I did another map and got the level, at which point I promoted. Shortly after that I lost connection. I reconnected to the servers, which must've refreshed the database to show my level 19 guy getting that missing xp, showing him at level 20 again and letting me promote a second time.

Also, I am pretty sure that I managed to oneshot a Nemesis from full health on silver with a headshot from a fully charged new Arc Pistol :stare:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Stickman posted:

I had this last night but it hosed the credits because I got disconnected when logging into the store. Quit the game, waited a bit, credits never showed up.

I was so pissed, I lost 150k that way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I thought I should share this since it's gone so well with my ME3 multi experience:
http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Mass+Effect+Combat/69331852

Someone posted it in the old thread, just play it while you're playing ME3. It owns.

Suicide Mission score goes really well with platinum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
I got sync killed by a Brute while playing as a Volus and bounced like ten feet into the air after death. Death by chaos dunk. :stare:

I'm impressed at how gold viable Volus are. Focusing purely on low cooldowns so you can endlessly spam shield boost and play combat medic is surprisingly fun and tense. All he needs is an ubercharge power and it would be perfect. :getin:

• Locked thread