Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Thanks for trolling me by putting this up while Im on vacation, jerks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
All of the Quiz episodes have finally been subbed. I can't wait for Arino to challenge his next quiz game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

joek0 posted:

All of the Quiz episodes have finally been subbed. I can't wait for Arino to challenge his next quiz game.

Was You Dont Know Jack ever released in Japan?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Id read a book about the poor team that struggled to localize a game as filled with puns, wordplay, and american pop culture as YDKJ.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

Id read a book about the poor team that struggled to localize a game as filled with puns, wordplay, and american pop culture as YDKJ.

If they ever did release it in Japan, they could just kinda release it as-is but with japanese text and hope for the best!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Was You Dont Know Jack ever released in Japan?

Wikipedia says that a YDKJ game was released in Japan. It doesn't specify which game or system though. I am a huge fan of YDKJ and have played it since the early 90's.

I also just remembered that this was the episode where Arino tries to speak English to promote Retro Game Master.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 21, 2012

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

joek0 posted:

Wikipedia says that a YDKJ game was released in Japan.

Wow. That's almost as crazy as releasing the Super Mario Bros. movie would be.

I am amazed Arino got that question right.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Volfogg posted:

But by place in the Great Mall, if you mean Dave & Busters, yeah, it's still running. And going by the mention of the Battlemech pods (and the timeframe in general), I believe I'm right in my assumption. They did get rid of the Battlemech pods a while ago, but they still have Derby Owner's Club! :haw: But they do have something else towards the back near the Redemption Games and Redemption Hall. I forget what it was though.

Guys. Guys. It's BattleTECH.

http://getinthepods.com/
http://www.mechjock.com/

If you care to find out when they may be in your area, anyway. I always see the guys when they're in my area. Most of the pods are privately owned and maintained at this point, but they're still excellent fun. I'm biased, though.

Also I totally called Quiz My Angel and this day just keeps getting more AWESOME. I can't wait to go home and watch it! :allears:

I GIVE THANKS FOR CHILD REARING QUIZ

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Caitlin posted:

Guys. Guys. It's BattleTECH.

http://getinthepods.com/
http://www.mechjock.com/

If you care to find out when they may be in your area, anyway. I always see the guys when they're in my area. Most of the pods are privately owned and maintained at this point, but they're still excellent fun. I'm biased, though.

Also I totally called Quiz My Angel and this day just keeps getting more AWESOME. I can't wait to go home and watch it! :allears:

I GIVE THANKS FOR CHILD REARING QUIZ

Oh poo poo, the Seattle Wizards of the Coast had a bunch of those things. It's pretty much the only reason I was bummed to see it get shut down.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
OMG! Abe has such a cute daughter!

joek0 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 21, 2012

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Speaking of quiz games, I've just been watching the Yuyu's Quiz episode...

Did not know that. :catstare:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I found out after I wanted to learn more about my new favorite instrument the shamisen. :smith:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Guitar strings used to be made out of cat stuff and drumheads used to be made of animal skin´, some still are! It's not that shocking or horrible, cats just make good strings guys! :smug:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Two questions about the episode:

1. What was up with that marathon question? It's 42 kilometers, and at 5 km/h it'd take 8.4 hours to finish, not even close to any of the offered answers. Was the game wrong or was the question worded badly?

2. What's up with that white text in the middle of the screen that's also visible in that linked picture with Abe's and Suda's kids, is it some kind of an earthquake warning?

The post-credits ads weren't translated either which is a pretty minor nitpick considering how stupid amounts of text there was otherwise so it's probably pretty easy to forget, although I'm sorta curious why the top of Arino's head was filled with static.

Great job as always otherwise.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

AnotherGamer posted:

2. What's up with that white text in the middle of the screen that's also visible in that linked picture with Abe's and Suda's kids, is it some kind of an earthquake warning?
Yes, that's exactly it.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

abraxas posted:

Guitar strings used to be made out of cat stuff and drumheads used to be made of animal skin´, some still are! It's not that shocking or horrible, cats just make good strings guys! :smug:

It's called "catgut" but is actually taken from sheep. Something to do with weird middle English terms.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

joek0 posted:

OMG! Abe has such a cute daughter!

Sorry, folks, but the dreamiest cameraman is taken!

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Just cos he has a kid doesn't mean he's taken. :colbert:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Man, Japanese dads have a real problem with their daughters' sexuality.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

i hear kibe's availa

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

i hear kibe's availa

Kibe got married a few months ago.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Even though it is another episode I watched the raw of, it's really awesome to have it translated. As always, you guys and your work on these translations are nothing short of awesome. :)

joek0 posted:

Wikipedia says that a YDKJ game was released in Japan. It doesn't specify which game or system though. I am a huge fan of YDKJ and have played it since the early 90's.
I'd love to see YDKJ played by Arino and a few staff members since multiplayer YDKJ is the best kind of YDKJ, but either as a DVD extra since YDKJ really doesn't work for a full episode (unless this Japanese version is set up like every other Japanese quiz game), or do like the Bombmerman episode where they have a few multiplayer matches of the game after a regular Japanese quiz game like CRQ or Yuuyu (GO! GO!).

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the episode! I've been waiting for it to be translated after it was released :)

makere fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Nov 22, 2012

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Quiz show was fantastic, I totally lost it on the Zoo visit and woe be to the first guy or so that Kibe's daughter brings home...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Latest episode was great, really good translation as always. First quiz show I've seen, can't wait to check the other ones out! I only discovered Game Center CX a few weeks ago and still have a few more episodes to left. I'm saving them now, trying to make them last, as I burned through too many too fast in the beginning. It's amazing how heartwarming and funny a show about playing old videogames can be.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like how Arino doesn't care if the girl is a geek - just that she's wearing glasses while being geeky.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Aaaagh, I want to play that game now. :negative:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the translation! That must've been a lot of work. But man, this episode was funny as hell. I love how Arino doesn't want his daughter to be a geek (or rather, to wear glasses) but still aces all the geeky questions. His reactions in the boyfriend events were also hilarious.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Funniest thing in this episode for me was the knowledge that Arino saw the Mario Brothers movie.

Probably loved it, too.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Azazell0 posted:

Thanks for the translation! That must've been a lot of work. But man, this episode was funny as hell. I love how Arino doesn't want his daughter to be a geek (or rather, to wear glasses) but still aces all the geeky questions. His reactions in the boyfriend events were also hilarious.

I love his plan for when one of his daughters brings a boy home for the first time

Leaving and never coming home

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!
Just a quick post to say I absolutely love what you guys do and am really grateful I was introduced to this show. It's re-kindled my love of gaming and Arino's nostalgic joy means a lot to me. :)

I know you have it listed in the OP, but I just wanted to offer a minor addition to the information you have listed for the Tama-Ge segments.

The track is right, but the soundtrack is actually 機巧奇傳 ヒヲウ戦記 ― オリジナル・サウンドトラック 2, the second OST to that series. And it's track 11.

I'm having a devil of a time tracking that particular song and soundtrack down. It's erroneously listed as being done by HEATWAVE on some sites, when it's just by their front man.

Just some extra info I figured might help anyone else trying to piece together their Arino play-list. Thank you. :)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Gutcruncher posted:

I love his plan for when one of his daughters brings a boy home for the first time

Leaving and never coming home

It reminds me that we are all really the same underneath all of our cultural differences.

Our children may be denied different desserts, but they both go to bed hungry.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Abe having a daughter surprises me almost as much as Abe being a fantastic chef.

Silly Voodoo
Mar 31, 2011

There will be no clipping!
From the Let's Watch Pro Street Fighter thread:

E-Tap posted:

A LIMO HAS JUST ARRIVED AT THE BUILDING!

Kachou ON!

:allears:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Are there any games that have been released in English like My Angel? It seemed kind of fun.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

PureRok posted:

Are there any games that have been released in English like My Angel? It seemed kind of fun.

I'm pretty sure the only Japanese quiz game that ever got released in English was Quiz and Dragons by Capcom; and that was arcade-only. Surprisingly, not too many translation groups are exactly champing at the bit to translate that shitload of text

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is the next episode hint for #151. Someone translate please. Parappa the Rapper (#150) is uploading on my YT page and will be up soon.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I wish we saw what happens when he used the 'feed cat food' or 'throw outside' commands on the kid

Krioni
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure if this was posted yet,but I just found out Mighty Bomb Jack is coming to the Nintendo eshop :-). Happy Thanksgiving everyone and what a great treat to be getting such a great GCCX played game to the eshop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I am slowly going through the PaRappa the Rapper episode and am having a blast watching Arino play a rhythm game. Glad to see the voiceover in English with Japanese subs. Never played PaRappa the Rapper.