Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is penis chariot in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

I really doubt they removed him from P4 vanilla, so I'm gonna say yes.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Capsaicin posted:

The dick wagon is still running wild. :black101:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Guess I didn't need to buy the Solid Gold version of P4G to get a skin for my (imaginary) Vita :smug:

Hope I can buy the discounted bundle off of Amazon, since I really want to play my copy right away. The added features sound amazing, especially the "choosing fusion skills" part.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How do you find the fishing rod parts, again? The lady at the shrine needs a red goldfish...

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I dunno, choosing fusion skills seems to make it incredibly easy to make the ultimate death persona that can do everything. I always kinda assumed you weren't supposed to :spergin: and shuffle for 20 minutes to get exactly what you want but just deal with the best you can get.

This is related to something that bugs me in general about this remake. Persona 4 was never a incredibly hard videogame or anything, but with all of these things to make the gameplay way easier it seems like over half the game is now just an elaborate x pressing simulator with no thought or challenge that just wastes your time, which is pretty awful in a 70+ hour game (especially one that has themes that talk about how you should totally go outside and make friends)

If they're going to go this direction with the combat stuff and make it totally trivial they may as well just make persona 5 a daiting sim and stop loving around

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

darealkooky posted:

I always kinda assumed you weren't supposed to :spergin: and shuffle for 20 minutes to get exactly what you want but just deal with the best you can get.

I'm not sure if this is a serious post or trying to parody what is on another forum somewhere. All they did was remove the busy work. Taking whatever you happened to get increases difficulty in a bad way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey, this is only a semi-related question but...Do they have any plans on releasing the PSP remake of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment in NA? It would just be nice to have all of them on my Vita, and that's the only one that isn't out over here.

Digital_Dogu
Apr 23, 2008

darealkooky posted:

I dunno, choosing fusion skills seems to make it incredibly easy to make the ultimate death persona that can do everything. I always kinda assumed you weren't supposed to :spergin: and shuffle for 20 minutes to get exactly what you want but just deal with the best you can get.

Having to deal with the RNG in the context of fusion was something I liked to call "fake difficulty". Why spend your time actually doing something productive like oh I don't know PLAYING THE GAME when you could be sitting on your rear end for god knows how long trying to get a perfect or near-perfect combination of non-lovely skills on personas who were worth using, but would ultimately become fodder themselves once they fulfilled their initial purpose.

Don't get me wrong, the SMT games are one of favourite RPG series, but fusion was always something I came to dread when playing these games.

tl;dr: I'm glad they're finally cutting out the middleman in regards to fusion.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nondevor posted:

Guess I didn't need to buy the Solid Gold version of P4G to get a skin for my (imaginary) Vita :smug:

All versions came with the skin. Solid Gold just came with even more extra poo poo. Like the Persona themed hard case and a hard face cover.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Len posted:

All versions came with the skin. Solid Gold just came with even more extra poo poo. Like the Persona themed hard case and a hard face cover.

AND STICKERS :shepface:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Speedball posted:

How do you find the fishing rod parts, again? The lady at the shrine needs a red goldfish...

Spoilers, I guess? Just in case. Give something to the thirsty/hungry kid in the shrine, to get a ladybug. Bring jewels to the Shiroku Pub to get access, then give the ladybug to Shiroku's fish. You will get a fish hook and bread crumbs. Give the old fisherman at the riverbank the fish hook, and get a fishing rod.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

New stuff question:

I got the fishing rod, but when can I catch my own bugs instead of stealing them from kids? Also the patch next to my house is obviously for gardening but I can't interact with it yet. I'm about to start dungeon 2.

HiKaizer posted:

It took me mucking around with the voice feature to realise you can go to Aiya at night. This is pretty awesome. Also I'm one of the Yuu people, it's pretty amusing when people go "Hey Yuu." :v:

Battles are much easier then when I started to play this on Hard on my PS2 this year though. I decided to go through on Normal mode. It's a refreshing change I guess, but I'll be playing a harder difficulty on NG+ for sure.

In a weird twist Aiya is actually closed at night if it's raining. No double rainy day beef bowls :(

New players should know that Rainy Days change your schedule a lot. Lots of S.Links aren't available if it's raining, different rare enemies pop up in dungeons that can unlock totally optional equipment, the Aiya diner sells a Rainy Day bowl that boosts ALL of your stats.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

New players should know that Rainy Days change your schedule a lot. Lots of S.Links aren't available if it's raining, different rare enemies pop up in dungeons that can unlock totally optional equipment, the Aiya diner sells a Rainy Day bowl that boosts ALL of your stats.

In vanilla P4, I'm pretty sure it didn't boost Expression. Did they change this in P4G?

Also, in terms of S-links, everyone mentions the Fox, but Sun is also available even if it's raining. I tended to save those for rainy days when I didn't have a fox quest done/was bored of the fox.

In semi-related news, going through the final level of Tartarus in P3 while blaring Rock Anthem For Saving The World is pretty much the best thing ever.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I just finished Kanji's shadow. I didn't die like I did the first couple times on the previous boss, but it was a very long fight where I had to use 2 snuff souls to keep debuffing the guy.

Necroneocon posted:

Ahhhhh.... Rise-kun. Thank you.

But Rise's not a dude? Also, you're not talking to her, so the honorific isn't necessary. :confused:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aiya only boosts three of your stats (Except Expression) but it boosts them well and saves you a lot of trouble in getting those stats up during other days, so it's pretty worth it.

Anyways, Adachi knowing magic tricks is awesome. I love Adachi, his S. Link is exactly what I'd hoped it would be so far and it certainly gives an idea for what kind of guy he really is.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Did they change Dojima's va? Dude sounds different in this game.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
4/29 (morning)- Showa Day:

Into TV
Into TV
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Ate at Aiya
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Into TV
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Went straight home

I hope it's the same guy who went straight home the first day he could go into the TV :allears:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man, can't wait for NIS to not screw off in getting the game out, after the utter farce that was P4A, this will be a downright pleasant 4 or so month wait.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

4/29 (morning)- Showa Day:

Into TV
Into TV
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Ate at Aiya
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Into TV
Into TV
Ate at Aiya
Went straight home

I hope it's the same guy who went straight home the first day he could go into the TV :allears:
One of my friends did that the first time he played P4. "I just need to get to the next dungeon this other stuff doesn't do anything right I'll just sleep every day"

Also I forgot how much of a bummer Nanako can be, it's comical. "Hey Nanako I bet your mom is..." "SHE DIED"

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

ConanThe3rd posted:

Man, can't wait for NIS to not screw off in getting the game out, after the utter farce that was P4A, this will be a downright pleasant 4 or so month wait.

If you're in Europe, you could always just import it. The Vita is region free.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Aiya only boosts three of your stats (Except Expression) but it boosts them well and saves you a lot of trouble in getting those stats up during other days, so it's pretty worth it.

Anyways, Adachi knowing magic tricks is awesome. I love Adachi, his S. Link is exactly what I'd hoped it would be so far and it certainly gives an idea for what kind of guy he really is.

You mean aside from

A horribly misogynist sociopath? :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Edit: RentCavalier's probably right.

Also,

Some sweet rear end costumes in this game, hell yeah.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 23, 2012

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That's what I was implying. Unlike the original game, Adachi's S. Link actually gives you hints that the guy is a BIT unhinged and this is sort of the problem I was hoping that the S. Link would fix. However instead of going crazy with it all, there's actually some subtlety to it and not just WHORES BITCHES I'LLKILLEVERYONE.

Also,

Some sweet rear end costumes in this game, hell yeah.

Yosuke said that Kanji was Mr. Pink.

There were no survivors.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Hey maybe let's not discuss too much of what is happening in those spoilers? Don't want to give away anything big when some people are still really early in the game. I was spoiled when I first played and I really wish I hadn't been. :(

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Len posted:

The people at the counter lied to me then! They said that it was something that came with the limited edition, but they'd give me one anyway. :downs:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RON PAUL ALL YEARS posted:

If you're in Europe, you could always just import it. The Vita is region free.

I would but NIS tend to do pretty good when it comes to extras. And, like I said, after Persona 4 Arena's complete DNF, I want to at least support something Persona 4 releated soon (that's not the anime).

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

ConanThe3rd posted:

I would but NIS tend to do pretty good when it comes to extras. And, like I said, after Persona 4 Arena's complete DNF, I want to at least support something Persona 4 releated soon (that's not the anime).

DNF?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also I forgot how much of a bummer Nanako can be, it's comical. "Hey Nanako I bet your mom is..." "SHE DIED"

May 8th caught me off guard. :smith:

Also, speaking of the extra outfits, does anyone know when the Featherman sentai outfits become available?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Are the new outfits reflected in battle as well this time, or just the overworld?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are the new outfits reflected in battle as well this time, or just the overworld?

They show up both in battle and in the dungeon.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Also your party members comment on them if you talk to them inside dungeons.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Uggghhh I need to steal a Vita or something god drat.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Did Not Finish. As in to say it never showed.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I assume "Duke Nukem Forever", but Arena is nowhere near the level of DNF. Almost nothing is.

Edit: Guess not :downs:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I assume "Duke Nukem Forever", but Arena is nowhere near the level of DNF. Almost nothing is.

Edit: Guess not :downs:

The way it's going, Euro P4A might as well be Duke Nukem Forever.

But I digress, Persona 4 Golden.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

darealkooky posted:

This is related to something that bugs me in general about this remake. Persona 4 was never a incredibly hard videogame or anything, but with all of these things to make the gameplay way easier it seems like over half the game is now just an elaborate x pressing simulator with no thought or challenge that just wastes your time, which is pretty awful in a 70+ hour game (especially one that has themes that talk about how you should totally go outside and make friends)

If you think it's too easy, play on one of the harder difficulties.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
So this is my first time playing, and yousuke has asked me to meet him for lunch, but I have no idea how to do that. Help?

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
Different S Links have different places they hang out- you can tell they have an event ready when they have a [!] thing above their head. Yosuke is usually on the second floor of the school, off to the side in one of the hallways. Different people will approach you during your school day and ask to hang out like that- it's just a way of letting you know some of the social links that are available that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Huntsekker posted:

So this is my first time playing, and yousuke has asked me to meet him for lunch, but I have no idea how to do that. Help?

It should just happen automatically? Otherwise, you can try finding him out in the world map, perhaps at Junes?

• Locked thread