Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The chrome screen is the thing for me. Takes the edge off it looking too Mazda-y compared to leaving it body coloured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jesus those HDR miata kit pics make me ill. On a sidenote, Vancouver Mountains.

Does that 5.8 motor have any work done to the top end ? Those numbers are pretty low. My 302 made 318 horsepower through a c4 trans with a stock a9L ecu.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Took like 2 seconds to rotate, content aware fill in the empty spots, and level adjust. Dutch Angles Suck.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

InitialDave posted:

Edit: Did the coupe version ever get anywhere? Because drat, it looks nice.

I couldn't decide about the other ones, but that is hot as hell.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

jonathan posted:

Jesus those HDR miata kit pics make me ill. On a sidenote, Vancouver Mountains.

Does that 5.8 motor have any work done to the top end ? Those numbers are pretty low. My 302 made 318 horsepower through a c4 trans with a stock a9L ecu.

Jim's in WA, on Whidbey Island. So those probably aren't in Vancouver. FWIW. I hate HDR too though.

The MTM definitely has top-end work done (cams, port/polish, etc.) - but like I said, there's something off with that dyno so I don't trust the raw numbers. I suspect it's around 375tq / 300hp based on my butt-dyno. It seriously motivates the Miata, at any rate, so whatever it makes is more than enough. Per my previous, I wanted the AFR sniffer more than the power output. Road tunes can be dangerous. :getin:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

This forum needs more Rat Fink IMO :colbert:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

VikingSkull posted:

This forum needs more Rat Fink IMO :colbert:

More than it needs eleven thousand variations on one lovely picture.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

More than it needs eleven thousand variations on one lovely picture.
8? Oh god, how horrible.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It's surreal seeing those older car ads that don't have a single mention of fuel economy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Do they even make ads like that anymore, where they spend a few paragraphs talking about the car?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Sometimes in Motor Trend GM buys a few pages to go on and on and on about whatever they want to pimp at the moment.

It's not as compact or to the point as those, though.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They also don't use quasi-racist imagery to sell a Japanese car, or use made up stats like the much appreciated "0-50 acceleration".

Dodge :3:

e- oh god and they let USAC test it

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Cage posted:

Do they even make ads like that anymore, where they spend a few paragraphs talking about the car?

I think they stopped that practice in the mid-late 90s. I miss it. :(
It was fun to read even the Chevy Astro ads.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Oh man, the Mitsubishi Starion. A guy tried to tell me once that it got its name from a Japanese executive trying to pronounce Stallion. Pretty sure it was something to do with Orion, and that he was racist.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I also like how Dodge put the turbocharged TSi up against the presumably NA RX-7 and 300Z, since I don't see "Turbo II" or "ZX Turbo" in there anywhere. Also, the loving performance numbers don't even agree between the two ads, but that could be different years, I suppose.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Darchangel posted:

I also like how Dodge put the turbocharged TSi up against the presumably NA RX-7 and 300Z, since I don't see "Turbo II" or "ZX Turbo" in there anywhere. Also, the loving performance numbers don't even agree between the two ads, but that could be different years, I suppose.
The first ad is from 1988, the 2nd is from 1987. Shouldve mentioned that.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Memento1979 posted:

Oh man, the Mitsubishi Starion. A guy tried to tell me once that it got its name from a Japanese executive trying to pronounce Stallion. Pretty sure it was something to do with Orion, and that he was racist.

I don't care how racist or incorrect that is. I'm going to tell that to my newborn son as a bedtime story every night if I can figure out a way to stop shooting blanks.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darchangel posted:

Congrats Dodge, you outfitted your car with slightly better suited tires for your tire test.

Which is all 0-60 and slalom and braking stats are anyways.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Darchangel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NoDd7DGnU
That's a Motorweek comparison from 1986 featuring the Porsche 944 Turbo being tested against the Turbo RX7, 300ZX Turbo, and Starion ESI-R. It was posted somewhere here in AI not too long ago.

stone soup fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 25, 2012

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Spotted near Piccadilly Circus

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Does anyone know the name of that colour?

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Does anyone know the name of that colour?

I think it's red

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Butternubs posted:

I think it's red

Getting trolled by first time thread posters. Woah.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Fine, I think that's an Amari Gallardo Invidia 540. Actually more of a burnt orange which some dealership site, that I cant seem to find right now, thinks is the same as the Aventador. So maybe Arancio Argos?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think that's too orange. I'm thinking maybe rosso andromeda? But hoped someone could clarify.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

But you still love cocks and balls, right?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sir Cornelius posted:

But you still love cocks and balls, right?

Also I used to hate niggers but now I hate pakis? Woah.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Well when you set it up as perfectly as that who can blame them?

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I think that's too orange. I'm thinking maybe rosso andromeda? But hoped someone could clarify.

Rosso mars?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Peppi posted:

Rosso mars?

I think that's it, yeah. Awesome colour!
Thanks man.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Abominable! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NoDd7DGnU
That's a Motorweek comparison from 1986 featuring the Porsche 944 Turbo being tested against the Turbo RX7, 300ZX Turbo, and Starion ESI-R. It was posted somewhere here in AI not too long ago.

The comments on that video are the best part of it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I think they're the most coherent youtube comments I've ever seen

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cage posted:

8? Oh god, how horrible.

Was it only 8? Seemed a lot more interminable than that. Either way that's 7 postings too many.

bugzrrad
Jul 9, 2005
topless veyron pic i took back on may 26th 2012 @ a RTC Exotics show. Sir Mix-a-Lot was showing off his new McLaren and I bullshitted with him for a bit

mix-a-lot kept checking out my friend's tits so we asked for a pic

old lambo at another RTC show

and here is a Local Motors "Rally Fighter" spotted the other day in Bellevue, WA

and here is the barrett jackson veyron at the 2012 seattle int'l auto show

here's a rare E30 wagon

here's a turbo VR6 baja bug my brother's shop is building

a fisker karma i found driving around bellevue in the rain

a porsche boxster i found hydroplaned into a ditch (driver already left vehicle)

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
The ol post and reply switcharoo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

rscott posted:

I think they're the most coherent youtube comments I've ever seen

And so far that I've read no one been called a fag or told to suck their balls. Amazing

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
There doesn't appear to be a door!