Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

That is loving beautiful.

Another "funny then the last sentence owns" article:

Busy Mom Wishes She Had Enough Spare Time To gently caress CIA Director posted:

MEDIA, PA—Folding laundry Thursday morning as she watched television coverage of the latest revelations in the affair between Gen. David Petraeus and his biographer Paula Broadwell, local mother Dinah Cooley told reporters she wished she had enough time to gently caress the director of the CIA once in a while. “What I wouldn’t give to just drop everything, slip away for a little while, and gently caress a CIA director,” Cooley said with a huff, adding that she doesn’t understand why it’s always someone else who gets to have fun loving high-ranking military and intelligence officers. “Between cooking three meals a day, chauffeuring the kids around, and keeping this house in order, I barely have time to gently caress a low-level CIA operative, much less the director of the whole agency. And even if I did get an hour alone with him, I’d probably be too exhausted to really get anything out of it.” Sighing softly as she returned to her work, Cooley added that she would just have to settle with loving her neighbor for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Ant Colony Comes To Halt After Death Of Popular Worker

As much as I like their real life satire articles, I can't get enough of their Ant articles. (There's quite a few too)

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Amazing Original Thing To Become Hated Cliché In 6 Months

My mom told me this weekend that she was doing the Gagnam Style dance. I just noticed this article after clicking the ant one, and it pretty much gives a perfect timeline, except it stayed amusing for a lot longer.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
New Al-Qaeda Recruit Sick Of Hearing Senior Terrorists Brag About 9/11 Attacks

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Obama: 'Second Term Will Be Like Breaking Bad Times Homeland Plus The Sopranos'

President Obama compared his second term to the TV show "Homeland," promising fans more twists, more action, and a storyline "that will blow your mind."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Just a headline: Son Now Also Dead To Everyone Else

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A photo: Full Unsliced Lemon Makes Glass Of Water Particularly Refreshing

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
8-Year-Old Palestinian Boy Pleasantly Surprised He Hasn't Been Killed Yet:unsmith:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I know more than a few people who are exactly like this: Area Woman Finally Uploads All 12 Million Pictures Of Her Vacation To Europe On Facebook

Related classic: Amazing New Hyperbolic Chamber Greatest Invention In The History Of Mankind Ever

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

For people not following the TVIV thread: the series finale of Lake Dredge Appraisal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iuORrDFv5I

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Won't Be The Same This Year Without A House

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hungover Couple Unaware They Broke Up Last Night

I know most Onion articles aren't worth reading except for the headline and last line, but this one is worth it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Study: Everyone, Everything Linked To Paranoia

I knew it :tinfoil:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Palestinian Family Trapped Under Rubble Thrilled To Hear 'Gaza' Trending On Twitter

“Check out how many people are tweeting about us! We’re seriously blowing up.”

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I Won't Have My Daughter Bringing A Black Man Into This House Until I've Tidied Up And Created A Welcoming Environment

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Grandson Has Long Hair
Like a Girl—He Has Girl Hair

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Turkey Pardon Mishap Results In Accidental Release Of Serial Rapist

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
I've been waiting for the Onion to write an article about Obama's trip to SE Asia, something in the style of the Onion's Biden because of all the hubbub about him kissing the Nobel peace prize winner in Myanmar and then smiling and laughing with the Thai prime minister.

http://gawker.com/5961769/america-meet-your-new-first-lady-obamas-foreign-side-piece-the-prime-minister-of-thailand

Or maybe that story was too easy.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

This has always been one of my favorites, from the 9/11 edition:

Talking To Your Child About The WTC Attack

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Biden Pardons Single Yam in Vice Presidential Thanksgiving Ritual

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Detectives Overlooked Casey Anthony's 'I Killed My Daughter' AMA On Reddit

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure what The Onion is going for with this SLIDESHOW: The 9 Most SCANDALOUS Rihanna Photos!:confused:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Today I thought of another oldie that really amused me, apologies if it's already been posted Funyuns still outselling responsibilityuns

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hahaha, the ending is hilarious.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Volume posted:

Not sure what The Onion is going for with this SLIDESHOW: The 9 Most SCANDALOUS Rihanna Photos!:confused:
Yeah I don't know, that's kind of absurdist even for them. Maybe it's targeted at shallow people searching those terms in the first place or something.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
I laughed like a maniac at this: Idiom Shortage Leaves Nation All Sewed Up In Horse Pies

quote:

WASHINGTON—A crippling idiom shortage that has left millions of Americans struggling to express themselves spread like tugboat hens throughout the U.S. mainland Tuesday in an unparalleled lingual crisis that now has the entire country six winks short of an icicle.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Volume posted:

Whoa baby, that Rihanna gal's got the stuff! Wonder if she's lookin' for a tall glass of water to brighten her day? :heysexy:

On topic, this video investigation left me in tears. Kudos to the little girl, her acting was fantastic.
http://www.theonion.com/video/reporter-investigates-claims-he-ruined-his-familys,30511/

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

red plastic cup posted:

Whoa baby, that Rihanna gal's got the stuff! Wonder if she's lookin' for a tall glass of water to brighten her day? :heysexy:

I'd hit it.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

42 Million Dead In Bloodiest Black Friday Weekend On Record

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Volume posted:

Number 8 is the most erotic thing I have ever seen in my life.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Please Click On Our Website's Banner Ads

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Volume posted:

It's probably an inside joke between the writers about they could just post no-effort poo poo like that and still get more page counts than the good stuff.

Who knows, the mind of the Onion is ineffable.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Filthy Mitt Romney Delivers Campaign Speech To Audience Of Confused Shoppers In Ohio Safeway

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

This isn't from the Onion, but China's party paper falls for Onion joke about Kim

You can't make this poo poo up.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

I even clicked on the video they inlined. I didn't think it would really be an ad, but its for the new campaign that adobe is doing that you see in front of all their videos.

Isn't it against most ad services TOS to literally beg for ad clicks?

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Isn't it against most ad services TOS to literally beg for ad clicks?

Yes, but it's a link to an ad on YouTube, not a click-thru, so I think that's allowed.

It reminds me of one of my favorites: Failing U.S. Economy No Reason At All To Stop Investing In Print Media, All Experts Agree

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
In The Know: Should We Do More To Reduce Violence In Our Dreams?

The panelists discuss the rising amounts of violence being shown to us in our dreams.

magnafides
Feb 7, 2004
I love molesting 8 year old girls, their tiny little hands make my cock look huge

This, also:
NYPD Apologizes For Accidental Shooting-Clubbing-Stabbing-Firebombing Death

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I've never seen this one before. Holy poo poo. I'm laughing and :stare:ing at the same time.

For content, here's another great one from back then: Dog Urine Lowers Heart-Attack Risk, Say Snickering Researchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

This isn't from the Onion, but China's party paper falls for Onion joke about Kim

You can't make this poo poo up.

The Onion has updated the original story: "For more coverage on The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive 2012, Kim Jong-Un, please visit our friends at the People's Daily in China, a proud Communist subsidiary of The Onion, Inc. Exemplary reportage, comrades."

Zugzwang posted:

For content, here's another great one from back then: Dog Urine Lowers Heart-Attack Risk, Say Snickering Researchers

Another great joke about scientists: Anthropologists Trace Human Origins Back To One Large Goat. 'Wait, That Can't Be Right,' Scientists Say.