Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

No. Way. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
gently caress me, I'm getting that mod for my next play through. Sold.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Stupid question, but I'm running Cirosan's Classic Overhaul in combination with Project Nevada, and it seems CCO is overriding the reduced XP I set for PN (50% or 33% because I run a stupid amount of content mods). Is there any way I can stop that from happening? Using that recalibration token and changing settings didn't seem to work.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Colgate posted:

Stupid question, but I'm running Cirosan's Classic Overhaul in combination with Project Nevada, and it seems CCO is overriding the reduced XP I set for PN (50% or 33% because I run a stupid amount of content mods). Is there any way I can stop that from happening? Using that recalibration token and changing settings didn't seem to work.

It sounds like CCO is loading later, which means that your adjustable XP rates from PN aren't taking effect. The easiest thing to do would be to rearrange your load order. Whatever loads later (that is, whatever is positioned further away from the FalloutNV.esm) will take charge of those changes.

Alternatively, you can open up CCO in FNVEdit, find the value in question, and change it to match whatever you want.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Anyone know why changes to an item in nifskope don't show up in game? I'm trying to adjust the height of my belt and buckle to fill in a gap between my shirt and pants, and it looks good in nifskope but once I'm in game it's way off. No matter what I do :argh:

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It sounds like CCO is loading later, which means that your adjustable XP rates from PN aren't taking effect. The easiest thing to do would be to rearrange your load order. Whatever loads later (that is, whatever is positioned further away from the FalloutNV.esm) will take charge of those changes.

Alternatively, you can open up CCO in FNVEdit, find the value in question, and change it to match whatever you want.

That seemed to work. Thanks.

I'm still weighing whether or not to install AWOP or not. It seems it's getting bad press from the thread for being a bloated mess, but the last time I used it it seemed to add a lot of locations to explore, which I liked. What I didn't like was running into free NCR Ranger Combat Armor and a Ranger Sequoia for the taking inside a locale south of Primm, guarded only by a few giant radscorpions.

I like having at least some semblance of balance, but the ridiculous overflow of loot from the mod seems to hurt that, even with economy tweaks installed. Are there any alternatives to AWOP that add a bunch of places to explore in the Mojave?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I wish there was a MMM for New Vegas. I know there is a mod that adds new NPCs to fight but so many arachnids. Giant Scorpians are more than enough for me thanks.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

I wish there was a MMM for New Vegas. I know there is a mod that adds new NPCs to fight but so many arachnids. Giant Scorpions are more than enough for me thanks.

The Monster Mod is probably going to be the closest thing to MMM you're going to get. I could have sworn I saw a patch somewhere that removed the spiders though.

EDIT: Found it, it's actually for the Monster Mod Wasteland Edition, which takes the resources from MM and is more of an overhaul then a feature adder. It has a bunch of patches that remove various creatures, such as spiders, non-lore creatures, etc.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42136

Renditious fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 27, 2012

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Renditious posted:

The Monster Mod is probably going to be the closest thing to MMM you're going to get. I could have sworn I saw a patch somewhere that removed the spiders though.

EDIT: Found it, it's actually for the Monster Mod Wasteland Edition, which takes the resources from MM and is more of an overhaul then a feature adder. It has a bunch of patches that remove various creatures, such as spiders, non-lore creatures, etc.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/42136

Awesome, thank you so much!

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

Colgate posted:

That seemed to work. Thanks.

I'm still weighing whether or not to install AWOP or not. It seems it's getting bad press from the thread for being a bloated mess, but the last time I used it it seemed to add a lot of locations to explore, which I liked. What I didn't like was running into free NCR Ranger Combat Armor and a Ranger Sequoia for the taking inside a locale south of Primm, guarded only by a few giant radscorpions.

I like having at least some semblance of balance, but the ridiculous overflow of loot from the mod seems to hurt that, even with economy tweaks installed. Are there any alternatives to AWOP that add a bunch of places to explore in the Mojave?

I like AWOP well enough, the added areas are pretty nice. Are you using the low loot patches included with the mod? There's also a patch that removes loot from interior areas:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40950

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

Renditious posted:

I like AWOP well enough, the added areas are pretty nice. Are you using the low loot patches included with the mod? There's also a patch that removes loot from interior areas:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/40950

Oh wow, I haven't seen those. I might have to give those a try. I wonder if AWOP is gonna conflict with any of my current mods, though I doubt it will. I run a bunch of the quest mods (DEIMOS, The New Bison Steve, New Vegas Bounties I/II, Tales from the Burning Sands, Beyond Boulderdome) in addition to having IWS and DFB - Random Encounters, and I'm always on the lookout for more. I like having incredibly busy and populated wastelands.

I even used to run Tale of Two Wastelands, but I started over shortly after reaching the Mojave, and I didn't feel like doing everything in the capital wasteland all over. Not to mention I have some minor nitpicks about that mod.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Ahaha that corgi mod. Will have to try sometime.

Beezle Bug
Jun 5, 2009

I love painting trees.
Does anyone know of a mod that replaces female pre-war outfits with the male styles? I looked but I only found one for the businesswear and it was for FO3 :(

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Colon Semicolon posted:

Most of the modelling is done except for detailing the open casing on the barrel and adding something (not sure what) to the inside of the ammo chamber. Not sure what to expect on the next steps, really.

Come to think of it, this thing doesn't really have a name. Any suggestions?

Looks awesome! I don't know if it's the right size but maybe just jam an entire ECP or MFC in there? As for a name, what about Laser-Scoped Auto Six-Shooter, or LSASS?

Edit: Maybe Laser Single Action Six Shooter? Don't know if you have it double or single action or even if those terms apply. :)

Davoren fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 27, 2012

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know why changes to an item in nifskope don't show up in game? I'm trying to adjust the height of my belt and buckle to fill in a gap between my shirt and pants, and it looks good in nifskope but once I'm in game it's way off. No matter what I do :argh:

It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, but you need to do the following:

- Adjust things like you want them, then click Apply.
- Go to NiSkinData under BSDismemberSkinInstance in the tree.
- Rotation and Translation values probably aren't zeroed out under Block Details which they should be, so right-click on Translation and Normalize.
- Adjust again, then Apply. You might need to do these two steps more than once.
- Then lastly, Spells, Batch and Update All Tangent Spaces.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I'm new to the world of New Vegas modding (and New Vegas in general) and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be using Fallout Mod Manager or Nexus Mod Manager. Which should I be using?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Komoxdos posted:

I'm new to the world of New Vegas modding (and New Vegas in general) and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be using Fallout Mod Manager or Nexus Mod Manager. Which should I be using?

FOMM, hands down.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Hey Milenia, I really love your M37 Ithica, it got me through the mid-beginning. But now that I am hunting fiends, I've noticed a problem. It is waaay too loud. Is there a way I can make it quieter or use a similar vanilla sound?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Hey Milenia, I really love your M37 Ithica, it got me through the mid-beginning. But now that I am hunting fiends, I've noticed a problem. It is waaay too loud. Is there a way I can make it quieter or use a similar vanilla sound?

Open GECK and find its 2d and 3d sound file and increase the attenuation until you're happy with it. You can preview the sound by pressing on play in the window.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

It's a bit of a pain in the rear end, but you need to do the following:

- Adjust things like you want them, then click Apply.
- Go to NiSkinData under BSDismemberSkinInstance in the tree.
- Rotation and Translation values probably aren't zeroed out under Block Details which they should be, so right-click on Translation and Normalize.
- Adjust again, then Apply. You might need to do these two steps more than once.
- Then lastly, Spells, Batch and Update All Tangent Spaces.

Tried that:

That drat gap between the belt and shirt isn't there in nifskope, either before or after doing all the BSDismemberSkin stuff :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

That drat gap between the belt and shirt isn't there in nifskope, either before or after doing all the BSDismemberSkin stuff :(

It must be the idle animation nudging it out of place, then. I never figured out how to use animations in NifSkope, but you can preview them in the GECK IIRC.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

It must be the idle animation nudging it out of place, then. I never figured out how to use animations in NifSkope, but you can preview them in the GECK IIRC.

Animation previews are a tab on characters. Just grab a random NPC and make sure your armor has the highest DT of anything in their inventory.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah I dunno :( No matter what animation is playing, no changes in the outfit occur.

I could maybe fiddle with an outfit or two from that spice of life mod though.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
This is my rifle this is my gun

This is for fighting and this is for fun

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Arenovalis posted:

Ohgodohgodohgodohgod:hawaaaafap:

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 28, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Arenovalis posted:

Did I ever tell you that you're my hero?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Babby's first mod: https://github.com/v1ld/reactive_hud

Only useful if strange coincidence has you using oHud, HUD Extended and Project Nevada's Grenade hotkeys and you don't want to see any of them.

The GECK's brilliant error reporting strategy of stoic silence is infuriating. It knows, but it chooses not to share.

Can it be made to tell you why it won't compile the script?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

I love you forever and ever and ever.

v1ld posted:

Babby's first mod: https://github.com/v1ld/reactive_hud

Only useful if strange coincidence has you using oHud, HUD Extended and Project Nevada's Grenade hotkeys and you don't want to see any of them.

The GECK's brilliant error reporting strategy of stoic silence is infuriating. It knows, but it chooses not to share.

Can it be made to tell you why it won't compile the script?

There's a place online. What is it supposed to do? hide them? like iHud does? Which I think is in oHud?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think you can hide them using the mod menu thing.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

I think you can hide them using the mod menu thing.

I think I oHud is iHud, aHud, and primary needs one. It's the raddest esp. when it comes to screenshots.

Also, question: does changing the name of a file severely gently caress stuff up? Like can i change <modname>.esp to <different>.esp and have poo poo be chill or will it cause massive explosions and the like?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

There's a place online. What is it supposed to do? hide them? like iHud does? Which I think is in oHud?

iHud lets you hide and show the HUD with explicit commands - for eg., show when the right mouse button is clicked or if the weapon is drawn. It requires actions on your part to show/hide hud elements for all but HP and AP. HP can be auto-shown whenever it falls below a threshold and likewise for AP, whenever it's in use.

This mod extends that reactivity to Primary Needs and Rad count (auto-show when close to debilitating threshold), PN's energy/grenade hud elements (auto-show when in use) and HUD Extended's neat health/armor status graphic (auto-show when condition is below threshold). I'll add the gun condition/ammo graphic soonish (auto-show if condition below threshold or ammo below full capacity).

iHud and its fellow mods are fantastic and I've been using a very minimal, compass and clock only, HUD. I disliked having to explicitly show HUD elements for periodic checks on primary needs values though, hence this mod.

Likewise HUD Extended, which iHud doesn't control at all: I like the limb/armor condition graphic, but don't want it on screen all the time.

Edit: To be very clear, this mod is a very small addition to iHud. All it does is toggle iHud's display condition for various elements in a more reactive fashion - removing the need for you to do it. Likewise for HUD Extended's limb/armor graphic.

E2: Use English.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 28, 2012

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

Does anyone know of a good M1A/M14 with scope mod? The few I've found were not very well done and it would be a perfect fit for the character I am playing right now.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Does the Delay DLC mod still have the bug that makes one of the hostile factions friendly in lonely hearts?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Komoxdos posted:

Dont use either, use Mod Organizer, its the one in the Skyrim modding thread, and it works for FONV just fine and is awesome. no mixing of files.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1334

just install it to your FONV directory

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
FOMM is required for a few mods (like iHud!) so grab that too.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

side_burned posted:

Does the Delay DLC mod still have the bug that makes one of the hostile factions friendly in lonely hearts?

It was Lonesome Road, in my experience. I don't think it's been fixed, but you can easily do it with a console command:

setenemy 0001b2a4 04008d74 0 0

Replace the leading 04 with whatever corresponds to Lonesome Road's place in your load order, FOMM should tell you.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

TychoCelchuuu posted:

FOMM is required for a few mods (like iHud!) so grab that too.

I dont think there is anything unique to FOMM that MO doesn't have that would make it require it.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

LumberingTroll posted:

I dont think there is anything unique to FOMM that MO doesn't have that would make it require it.
iHUD's FOMOD installer detects already installed HUD components that iHUD subsequently manages (that's the point of iHUD). MO's directory structure makes it such that iHUD cannot detect already installed HUD components because they are not in the data directory.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

TychoCelchuuu posted:

iHUD's FOMOD installer detects already installed HUD components that iHUD subsequently manages (that's the point of iHUD). MO's directory structure makes it such that iHUD cannot detect already installed HUD components because they are not in the data directory.

ah, well MO has fomod support now, but not for external installers like it uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Cirosan posted:

Hey, look! The DLC merged patch for Follower Tweaks is here early!

Also, for those of you who have reported followers randomly unequipping and reequipping their weapons, try this patch and see if that resolves the problem.

Both of these are working well for me, I've had them active for a few hours now. The weapon removal patch is huge. Was this a problem in CCO or the core game?

Having had a chance to play with the GECK, I think it's criminal that there's no facility to export/import mods as text files in a standardized directory tree. So, something like:

code:
MANIFEST
globals
leveled_lists/
  startThingsQuest
scripts/
  startThingsScript
This would facilitate so much:
- It'd be much easier for you to keep merged and un-merged patches in sync.

- How do people co-operate on mods today? Send esps around for manual merging and hope for the best? Ugh, if so. Working on a text tree allows all of the myriad, well-understood version control tools and techniques in use for software elsewhere.

That last would be pretty huge.

I guess FNVEdit could do this, in theory.