Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Oh my god. :stare:

This is like some deranged version of the coffee/tea scenes in Earthbound.

e - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lxu8nbARYQ (The cofee/tea scenes music)

Aristobulus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 28, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

So is he saying he trolled us, or is he like Jesus and this whole thing was to teach us a life lesson?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm getting some 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors vibes here.
I love this.

Lazerbot & his brother's poetic rants are some brilliant metaphysical poo poo.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I think the comic's over... this is all grammatically correct. He's been trolling us all along.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

If that's the end, it was the best possible ending I can think of.

Bravo!

If that's not the end, then holy poo poo, that was some climax.

Bravo!

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
Can't believe I once thought that the Loony Tunes necromancers was a weird direction for the comic to go in

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

change my name posted:

I think the comic's over... this is all grammatically correct. He's been trolling us all along.

"would you no longer find meaning if you believed in that special bond was your meaning?"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mystic_Squid posted:

I'm speechless.

I'm not! :v:

(I'm sure someone else will eventually do it better.)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
lazerbot no...no more

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Lazerbot just dropped a Buddha Dharma teaching on us. Jesus.

See, if you hadn't become attached to Rob this would not affect you. Look how your attachments make you all so sad!

Although it gets weird there at the end where he says he has an attachment to breaking our attachments.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Bravo Lazerbot, Bravo. :golfclap:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Aristobulus posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I am now going to forever envision Lazerbot as an angsty Mr. Saturn.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Paramemetic posted:

Although it gets weird there at the end where he says he has an attachment to breaking our attachments.

Get attached to all the trolls. :getin:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo I was just kidding when i posted the Grant Morrison hypothesis but now... I can't even be so even sure now. Also from the Deviantart page LB possibly hinted at the next one being killed... Coyote?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Plutonis posted:

Holy poo poo I was just kidding when i posted the Grant Morrison hypothesis but now... I can't even be so even sure now. Also from the Deviantart page LB possibly hinted at the next one being killed... Coyote?

Wouldn't surprise me. Coyote's suddenly shown himself to be a bit too cocky and is bordering on non-neutral, while Demaro has yet to be fully fleshed out as the new big bad. No, I think Coyote has a chance of losing this fight.

EDIT: Guess who else thinks he's helping Fudd and helped the Troll Slaiyers?

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 28, 2012

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

MeccaPrime posted:

If that's the end, it was the best possible ending I can think of.

Bravo!

If that's not the end, then holy poo poo, that was some climax.

Bravo!

"its not over. im not gonna leave everyone hanging like that"

Plus, this page is labelled 18.1. A retrospective on Rob? A voice of God? Who knows.

:fut:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Wouldn't surprise me. Coyote's suddenly shown himself to be a bit too cocky and is bordering on non-neutral, while Demaro has yet to be fully fleshed out as the new big bad. No, I think Coyote has a chance of losing this fight.

Not to mention he just had a flashback of Roadrunner. That's a loving Death Flag right there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is some Earthbound poo poo yo.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Remember that Tails is set to be the savior in this story. Everyone else is just another potential death scene.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

FrenchToasty posted:

Remember that Tails is set to be the savior in this story. Everyone else is just another potential death scene.

You just signed his death warrant.

e: Seriously though, if this implies that lazerbot was more concerned with screwing around with the audience's expectations than with good storytelling, I'm going to be pretty disappointed. It was a crazy scene, the kind I know and love, but I hope he had a better reason to do it than just being a dick.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 28, 2012

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
What the gently caress.

I'm really hoping this isn't some sort of Octocat thing, because Lazey-B is seriously impressing me with how his writing skills have developed.

PS: Please stop posting spoilery comments above the new strip, it really hurts the TGT Experience.

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 28, 2012

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

tiistai posted:

e: Seriously though, if this implies that lazerbot was more concerned with screwing around with the audience's expectations than with good storytelling, I'm going to be pretty disappointed. It was a crazy scene, the kind I know and love, but I hope he had a better reason to do it than just being a dick.

It would actually be good storytelling if it's actually foreshadowing Coyote's death for similar reasons.

Also, I'm trying to read into the selected backgrounds for 18.1. The Troll hideout...? And then an explosion?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Paramemetic posted:

Lazerbot just dropped a Buddha Dharma teaching on us. Jesus.

See, if you hadn't become attached to Rob this would not affect you. Look how your attachments make you all so sad!

You can't reach Nirvana if you actively *want* to reach Nirvana, but it's obviously a motivational force. Lazerbot has just reached enlightenment and this is the only way to communicate it to the rest of us.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It would actually be good storytelling if it's actually foreshadowing Coyote's death for similar reasons.

Certainly. He might be doing something completely legit like clearing the stage of the extra heroes to make room for Tails, but 18.1 sort of felt like unnecessary gloating.

Time will tell, I suppose.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

change my name posted:

no

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I don't want to live anymore :( I loved Rob.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

H2Omelon posted:

Ahaha that Rob death is great. All this time we've had long drawn out fights that people complained about a whole bunch, and all the signs were pointing for this one to be another but nope, he just gets exploded instantly.

Brilliant.

My sides are hurting and my eyes are watering because of this.

Lazerbot having the balls to not only kill a fan-favorite in a horribly violent way with his exploded head flopping to the floor but also cut to the end of an otherwise expected long fight just to mess with the audience is honestly admirable. As an aspiring writer, I commend his audacity.

That being said, :wtc:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Just briefly chatted with Lazy and yeah this had been planned all along. I straight up asked him if it was a reaction to the complaints during the previous fight and he said no. He thought it would be a cool story beat to off a character so quickly, but he is also very sad to see Rob go. He reiterated that no one is safe and anyone can die. Oh, and Hindo really is supposed to be a badass.

I think it's a pretty sound assumption that there is only one character with "plot armor" and even then I highly doubt Tails is totally safe.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
The thing that disappoints me most about this though, is that I really wanted to see a scene of Troll King trying to use the Words of Death against Rob and failing because I DON'T HAVE ANY loving EARS.

Even if Rob were to then be immediately offed in some other fashion, I just wanted to see that happen.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Holy gently caress, I clicked the audio for chapter 5... and, well, I didn't know what I expected for Pac-man, but it wasn't that. It's amazing.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Oh no, I'm positive that Coyote will absolutely devastate Demaro.

The Skulltipede Demon on the other hand...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Aristobulus posted:

I turned the Earthbound Coffee music on as soon as I saw the giant wall of text, set my mouse to very slowly start scrolling down, and :aaaaa:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
In memory of Robs finest hour....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT8cZQC1zu4
:angel: Rest in piece you wonderful batsard. :qq:
Really need to find something better than windows movie maker...

scarycave fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 28, 2012

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Yo, that last one is some grade-A visual-novel type mindfuckery. Dude has a bright future in writing ahead of him.

I do love it, really. LB just doesn't let up.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aristobulus posted:

This better be the background music for this part when the motion comic gets around to it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pigbuster posted:

This better be the background music for this part when the motion comic gets around to it.

Given that Chapter 4 Part 2 of the motion comic's been on hold for months, I'd put the ETA for Chapter...(what chapter are we on, 13?) sometime just after the ape uprising.

(Love what you do, Jazzflight. Aramek too.)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Aristobulus posted:

Whoah, yes that is very fitting. :stare:

I wonder if Lazerbot's ever played Earthbound, it seems like something right up his alley.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Slate Action posted:

Given that Chapter 4 Part 2 of the motion comic's been on hold for months, I'd put the ETA for Chapter...(what chapter are we on, 13?) sometime just after the ape uprising.

(Love what you do, Jazzflight. Aramek too.)

You can't rush quality. :colbert:

Also holy crap Aramek I just caught up with this thread and I'm so happy you gave Ronald McDonald the proper voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Man, that was messed up. While I commend lazerbot for not being afraid to kill off a beloved character, TGT without Rob will be like a hot dog without mustard. May he forever be immortalized as a finger puppet on my dresser.