Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Living in China I've already been hit three times by cars while crossing the road on a green light in three months. And yet looking at all of the Russian dash-cam videos, Russia somehow seems even worse than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Mighty Horse posted:

Precision German mechanical failures.

Not even. That's pure abuse. Look at the clutch disk, its paper thin. He ran it past even the rivets that hold the abrassive in place. I'm trying to gather how he was even able to drive on it for long enough to cause that much damage.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Farmland Park posted:

Living in China I've already been hit three times by cars while crossing the road on a green light in three months. And yet looking at all of the Russian dash-cam videos, Russia somehow seems even worse than that.

These videos actually prompted me to start using my gopro while I drive.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

nitrogen posted:

A friend replaced the "clutch" in his Jetta.

I put the word clutch in quotes, because, well:

":downs:shift"

What did the throw-out bearing look like? I can't imagine it was happy.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What did the throw-out bearing look like?
It probably really earned its name.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Not even. That's pure abuse. Look at the clutch disk, its paper thin. He ran it past even the rivets that hold the abrassive in place. I'm trying to gather how he was even able to drive on it for long enough to cause that much damage.

Abuse yes, but that's just the backing, all the clutch material is that pile of hair on the bottom left. I'd say the pressure plate cracked and shredded the clutch up like one of those rotary apple peelers.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Found this badazzaled Lexus badge the other day. Apparently someone loves Jimmy.

Then more importantly yodawg I heard you like spoilers What it is!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

sterster posted:

Then more importantly yodawg I heard you like spoilers What it is!

Isn't that a television antenna normally seen on limousines? More importantly, where the hell are you going to put a TV in a Del Sol?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Hah that del sol is a legend here in AZ, It's everywhere.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Pseudonym posted:

Isn't that a television antenna normally seen on limousines?

Yes it is, as for your second question I can almost guarantee you it's not wired to anything, let alone a TV.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
So that's a thing now, is it?

Those type of wheels give the Camaro such a... weird looking appearance.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
If it was naturally that tall and had some decent off-road abilities... Move over Rally Fighter.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
oops... forgot a few.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sticking with the theme here, sorry for the drive by.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Holdbrooks posted:

Legend indeed, I see it every morning on Baseline. A shame to it for sale and I might not see it anymore. :(

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I don't mind this one. They've obviously put some effort into making the front end look right, and fitting the wheels to the arches. The whole thing looks kind of like a matchbox car. If the tyres were a bit thicker I could see it become some sort of X5 kind of thing.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

Pseudonym posted:

Isn't that a television antenna normally seen on limousines? More importantly, where the hell are you going to put a TV in a Del Sol?

I think it is pretty obvious that he will mount the TV on another spoiler that is mounted on the hood.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Sticking with the theme here, sorry for the drive by.

Living in Tampa, I see this stupid look all the time. I cannot remember which magazine it was I read an article years ago, but I think someone said the "donk" look was started in Tampa? loving Florida...

Poing
Jul 25, 2001

Gaze into my eyes...

dissss posted:

Big wing, small car

While stupid for a road car, that's actually the (probably a replica) wing off the 206 WRC car, so it's not TOTALLY out of place.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx

tobu posted:

If it was naturally that tall and had some decent off-road abilities... Move over Rally Fighter.

Then it'd almost be

which has no place in this thread.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Camaro is so ugly and gaudy anyway those wheels don't really hurt much.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Previa_fun posted:

The Camaro is so ugly and gaudy anyway those wheels don't really hurt much.

I agree. Donking a modern Comaro is just how its supposed to be done. With the bloated beltline and everything, big tires just make it look better. It's one of a handful of cars that just seemed made for it. (What I'm trying to say is that the new models look like Matchbox toys. To me, the proportions are wrong to begin with.)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

anonumos posted:

I agree. Donking a modern Comaro is just how its supposed to be done. With the bloated beltline and everything, big tires just make it look better. It's one of a handful of cars that just seemed made for it. (What I'm trying to say is that the new models look like Matchbox toys. To me, the proportions are wrong to begin with.)

Dear Penthouse, I never thought it could happen to me, but I think that sunburst orange one actually looks good! (even if it is a 20 footer)
:gonk:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Holdbrooks posted:

No poo poo, I posted it earlier in the thread and I've seen it driving around here for years. It's for sale now?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Jeffrey Jones, how far you have fallen. :(

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

anonumos posted:

Nobody is more pleased with donked out Camaro's than Mattel.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Well it's not as if it's made the smart any worse

(holy poo poo that is horrible)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I wonder how much those wheels weigh.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Never change, Jeremy Scott.

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
http://www.imgur.com/P5v58.jpeg

Just leaving this here.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 28, 2012

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Just leaving this here.

Maybe you could just leave it here a tiny bit smaller?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yep, that's pretty horrible alright. Also, I now have an urge to wipe the vaseline off my computer screen.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

You can leave the IMG tags, just put a lowercase "L" before the ".jpeg" and it will become a thumbnail.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

That's half the reason God gave teenagers lovely, 20 year old station wagons.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Yeah, I was expecting to see this here. Those red bits on the wings? Rear lights. Oh, but that's not the worst part: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/la-motor-show-2012/la-motor-show-smart-forjeremy

quote:

While currently only a one-off, Mercedes is hoping to put the Smart Forjeremy into limited-run production early next year.

:cripes:

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Never change, Jeremy Scott.

Haha, I can't wait until he makes a Smart car based on his other masterpiece:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

HairyNipple! posted:

Haha, I can't wait until he makes a Smart car based on his other masterpiece:

The thumbs up monkey heads were much more hilarious. I really hate Jeremy Scott.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Am I the only person who had to google him to figure out who the gently caress he is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Godholio posted:

Am I the only person who had to google him to figure out who the gently caress he is?

Nope. Me too. My entire fashion repertoire consists of cheap T shirts, khaki / drab / camo cargo shorts / trousers and steel cap boots. I know nothing of this "fashion" they speak of. Now I think of it, I don't actually even own any shoes.