Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Could these things [actually] be happening and rob is just quicksaving and quickloading?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This isn't totally relevant, but I found this picture on LB's Deviantart:

Somehow seeing all the Defenders lined up in their actual art styles is ten times more hilarious. It's so easy to forget how absurd this all is.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Normally, I feel cheated when a character death ends up being a fakeout, but in this case, Rob living seems more than worth it.

PassionTentacle
Aug 22, 2010

SomeChump posted:

Kinda wished Robb had died, this feels like a big cop-out after his death scene and eulogy.

I thought I would feel that way if he came back, but I'm so drat happy that he's not dead that I don't care.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Forer posted:

Could these things [actually] be happening and rob is just quicksaving and quickloading?

I think whoever suggested CHIM earlier may be on the right track. I can only imagine LB trying to explain/use CHIM in this comic.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is the greatest death and rebirth since Jesus.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
loving lazerbot, man.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
drat, Rob, get your head in the game! Someone open the console and turn on God Mode already.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Next page, Hindo: "Whoa, I just had this weird daydream where I didn't actually kill Rob!" *pees on corpse*

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kidcoelacanth posted:

Next page, Hindo: "Whoa, I just had this weird daydream where I didn't actually kill Rob!" *pees on corpse*

I would love him forever if this happened :allears:

And then be sad because Rob died.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The rest of the chapter should just be Hindo and Rob elevating through layers and layers of reverie, only to find that everyone else has already left while they were staring at each other and daydreaming.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

nerdbot posted:

This isn't totally relevant, but I found this picture on LB's Deviantart:

Somehow seeing all the Defenders lined up in their actual art styles is ten times more hilarious. It's so easy to forget how absurd this all is.

It's missing LeapFrog :eng101:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
It sort of makes sense. Rob doesn't have ears and no one makes any attempt to sign with him so chronic day dreaming is probably how he keeps himself entertained.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Tails: "Whoa, I had this weird daydream where I got trolled!"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

FadingChord posted:

Tails: "Whoa, I had this weird daydream where I got trolled!"

Lazerbot: "Whoa, I had this weird daydream where I made a webcomic!"

T R O L L C E P T I O N

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I just hope Rob never meets Doug, or else the comic will be just one daydream after another.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I made a quick little thing that I believe sums up the emotions that all just went coursing through us.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

It's missing LeapFrog :eng101:

Lazerbot explained when he posted it that he couldn't find a clean image of Leap Frog to put on there.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
gently caress, Rob really is a dragonborn. He has chim! He has save states! loving run, Hindo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Well that was incredible.

Rob sure has a lot of daydreams.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

The rest of the chapter should just be Hindo and Rob elevating through layers and layers of reverie, only to find that everyone else has already left while they were staring at each other and daydreaming.

This made me laugh for minutes. I can just imagine it all...if Lazerbot did this I would love him forever

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

It would be one hell of a troll if he killed Rob off again

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

What would make this work just as well is at the end of Rob's DBZ daydream, he goes "why would anyone waste so much time powering up when you could just attack them while they're yelling" or something to that effect. They basically would be doing the same thing but to even less effect.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Goatse Master posted:

This made me laugh for minutes. I can just imagine it all...if Lazerbot did this I would love him forever

This is exactly what happened in the scene between Jet Li and the other guy in Hero, at the fight at the temple in the rain.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Hooray for Rob! :)

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Reading this comic improves tenfold when you only read it one row of panels at a time.

As much as I love Rob, the next page has got to be a double-fakeout. It just has to.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Now I'm really curious though: This is the second time that we've seen a weird daydream in this fight. Plus, Lazy-B stated outright that Rob was dead. Something's gotta be up with that. I hate to think that Lazy-B brought back Rob just because of the fandom's outcry!

There's a theory that states that odd ill-fitting memories are actually memories of alternate timelines. It ties in with the quantum immortality theory. It's a thing, look it up.

Edit:

Forer posted:

Didn't see this. But it's like that.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 29, 2012

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm, I'm feeling torn now. As sad as it was for Rob to die, it was a pretty badass move and just taking it back feels cheap. But then again, the takeback is pretty hilarious with the "wait that could happen for reals".

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Lazy B is literally toying with our collective emotions like a....puppetmaster!

All we can do is roll with the punches that make our favorite characters explode, or imitate DBZ.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

HOLY loving poo poo
I am laughing so hard right now, you don't even know.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Rob daydreamt that. But in the daydream Hindo speaks. But Rob doesn't have any loving ears.

So Rob daydreamt hearing someone's voice that he's never heard in real life - in fact, he may never have heard anyone speak.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
Not gonna lie even though the new panel is hilarious I'm really not feeling Rob coming back. Rob dying worked really well on a storytelling level even if I'd have made the fight slightly longer, but having Hindo completely ruin Rob just demonstrates that you do not gently caress with Hindo ever and introduces a lot more dramatic tension into the story.

On the other hand this makes me wonder what Wile E Coyote wants with Rob...

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

SomeChump posted:

Kinda wished Robb had died, this feels like a big cop-out after his death scene and eulogy.

Yeah, I liked the unexpectedness of Rob dying out of nowhere followed by a loving Ultimate Warrior promo or something. Learnin' about the meaning of Destrucity.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

Not gonna lie even though the new panel is hilarious I'm really not feeling Rob coming back. Rob dying worked really well on a storytelling level

It doesn't though. Rob can die and all that, but he has to many interesting plot threads to go out that way. Troll King, Troll Face, Alex, Man in Ice, Evil Pario, whatever can stomp all over Rob with it being dramatically satisfying. Not by Hindo though and not like it went down.

Lazerbot is literally trolling us because some of stupid poo poo we say. First it was DBZ comparisons and now 'long drawn out fights'. He happily conceded that the comic should be broken up into digestible segments so it isn't all one fight scene one after another, but he showed us why it doesn't work when it's with important characters and not derpy troll.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

This totally fits in with Rob's characterization so far, on an almost genius level. He's already shown an imaginative streak by designing his costume, and had demonstrated plenty of caution and tactical awareness back in Silver's Plan. It would be so great if Rob had been constantly daydreaming every time we've seen him. Maybe this is what Wile E. meant!

In any case, we're not going to trust any of Rob's flashbacks, or really any scene Rob's in. Lazerbot has managed to introduce an unreliable narrator into his insane crossover comic. Lazerbot is this generation's JD Salinger.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

All I know is that I can't wait to hear the voiceovers for this chapter now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lazerbot lays down the law: http://tailsgetstrolled1.deviantart.com/art/LB-Shadow-quote-340271882

Lazerbot posted:

this is my point really ^^ i can kill anyone i like do what ever i want and bring back any character if i want to :D i take suggestions for certain areas but the direction of the comic is completely in my control and this is my quote to tell everyone that

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I think that even if Rob dies, it will be for a significant reason, rather than a random death. The Troll King fears him, and it's unknown the full extent of Rob's powers, so his death might be caused by a great sacrifice or something important.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
One day I'll learn to stop underestimating lazerbot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Lazerbot teaches us how ephemeral art truly is.