Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, I laughed so hard at panel 6 I woke up my roommate holy poo poo. This is art right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

TwoPair posted:

Oh my god, I laughed so hard at panel 6 I woke up my roommate holy poo poo. This is art right here.

"What the gently caress are you laughing at?"
"Well, there's this guy named Rob who has no ears and he died... BUT NOT REALLY!"

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Yo ComradeCosmobot--just as a heads up, this page links to the wrong next page when you click on it.

Edit: Holy poo poo, I just noticed on the chapter cover:

The shadow behind Elmer is actually Luigi.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 29, 2012

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Truly a story telling genius.

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 29, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I didn't see anyone posting this, so here's puppet battle 18.1:

And don't scare me like that, Lazerbot!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

horriblePencilist posted:

I didn't see anyone posting this, so here's puppet battle 18.1:

You didn't?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Cop-out or not, I'm riding the Lazertrain and never getting off

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Welp. Decided to "finish" it...if you think there's any good scenes of Rob I missed let me know and I'll put them in. I think I really need to spice up the ending though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsS9u271iMQ

scarycave fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 29, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

scarycave posted:

Welp. Decided to "finish" it...if you think there's any good scenes of Rob I missed let me know and I'll put them in. I think I really need to spice up the ending though.

I have to ask what the music is.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So Lazerbot was basically showing us whose boss by stamping on our hearts.

Just when I thought I couldn't respect the man any kmore

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

scarycave posted:

The record scratch should have cut to the "bitch i'll piss on your face" panel.

Calico Heart posted:

So Lazerbot was basically showing us whose boss by stamping on our hearts.

Just when I thought I couldn't respect the man any kmore

I think I would have preferred knowing he was a crazy genius who had permanently killed a fan favorite just to troll his entire fanbase, but being a crazy genius who pretended to permanently kill a fan favorite just to troll his entire fan base is hilarious, too.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

simplefish posted:

I have to ask what the music is.

Eleanor's Lullaby from Bio-Shock 2.
Other contenders were The best is yet to come, Calling to the Night and Room of Angel.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

The record scratch should have cut to the "bitch i'll piss on your face" panel.

I'm definitely going to do something like that later. :)

scarycave fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 29, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Lazerbot is seriously forcing us to re-evaluate our attachment and emotional investment into his comic. Where most people started reading because it was just so weird and silly, he is now forcing us all the realize how genuinely involved we are. First by killing Rob, and inciting an emotional response, and then by revealing that he wasn't killed at all, which made a lot of people complain about how bringing him back like that felt cheap. We have become invested enough that things like that matter to us, and we never truly noticed until the author himself pointed it out. Lazerbot's diamond is getting crazier than ever, he is making us examine our own feelings and motivations for reading, and he is basically pretty cool and crazy.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I don't know. I actually like this comic and have been liking it since chapter 2 or so.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Technique posted:

Lazerbot is seriously forcing us to re-evaluate our attachment and emotional investment into his comic. Where most people started reading because it was just so weird and silly, he is now forcing us all the realize how genuinely involved we are. First by killing Rob, and inciting an emotional response, and then by revealing that he wasn't killed at all, which made a lot of people complain about how bringing him back like that felt cheap. We have become invested enough that things like that matter to us, and we never truly noticed until the author himself pointed it out. Lazerbot's diamond is getting crazier than ever, he is making us examine our own feelings and motivations for reading, and he is basically pretty cool and crazy.

I think LazyB and everyone else knows it's impossible not to get emotionally invested in the comic once you reach high shovel.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Death, to the point of seeing the enemy's 'you died' animation(Crude as it was)and a 'game over' monologue...and it's a daydream? I call 're-loading' or 'press space to restart'. I'm convinced of it. Moreso given that one essay-like thing I read concerning 'The Metaphysics of Morrowind'.

http://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-1/

Someone should show it to him if he ain't seen it already-to show him that 4th-wall breaking on this scale is legitimate for the world of Morrowind and by extension Skyrim, and anyone related to it.

At the very least, it'd be interesting to see his thoughts on the thing.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 29, 2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Okay, third times the charm -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7SeRnJTi_0

I've added in the Hindo Scenes and some more music. Youtube...you really need a video updater - or re-placer so I don't have to make a ba-gillion links...

This is the final cut, I've taken up enough time with this. We need to focus on the future - like Rob getting the Knee of Justice to his crotch.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I'm not positive on this, but I think CHIM also played a significant role in Daggerfall's ending. At least, Daggerfall had a strange ending.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

redreader posted:

I don't know. I actually like this comic and have been liking it since chapter 2 or so.

Pac-Man's flashback in Chapter 5 was around the point I really started laughing with the comic and not at it, as I think that's where it really started to become clear Lazerbot was trying to tell a story rather than just straight up massacre trolls. When you go backwards, of course, you realize that he's been telling a story from at least Chapter 2, if not the beginning.

I think Chapter 6 was where he really won everyone over, though. I cannot believe anybody could read that and just genuinely start to love this comic. What a surreal ride! If you told me when I first saw this thread that I would get genuinely invested in Tails Gets Trolled I'd never believe you.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think it'd be the funniest thing if Rob would actually die just like in the daydream right at the next page.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
^^^
Yeah, after the shock wore off that he died the panel became hilarious.
It might be a dream though - usually exploding/dying in a dream will wake you up.

At first I thought the comic was going to be the usual - "People on the internet made fun of me so I'm going to draw them getting horribly mutilated revenge fantasy". It still had some charm in the beginning - tails expression is priceless. Then poo poo hit the fan, calling out the heroes as villains for killing people - a back-stabbing conga line - and horrible brutal and kinda sad beat-downs. It was glorious. :allears:

scarycave fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 29, 2012

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Can LB read the thread again now? Because I want to say he is cool :)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

scarycave posted:

Okay, third times the charm -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7SeRnJTi_0

I've added in the Hindo Scenes and some more music. Youtube...you really need a video updater - or re-placer so I don't have to make a ba-gillion links...

This is the final cut, I've taken up enough time with this. We need to focus on the future - like Rob getting the Knee of Justice to his crotch.

This is great, by the way. Awesome work!

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

I saw someone posted a link to this, but for those of you without a deviantart account:

quote:

this is my point really ^^ i can kill anyone i like do what ever i want and bring back any character if i want to :D i take suggestions for certain areas but the direction of the comic is completely in my control and this is my quote to tell everyone that :P this box was from this page here [link] i got panel five but only had one part of the text ^^

The link goes to this page:

edit: I'm really tempted to buy a new avatar of that.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Do I see a familiar belly?

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Hahaha wow, the latest comic was loving awesome.

Loving that panel five is the Skyrim loading screen. :lol:

e: vvv Yeah it's that screen, it has the wispy smoke on a black background.

HalfHazard fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 30, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HalfHazard posted:

Hahaha wow, the latest comic was loving awesome.

Loving that panel five is the Skyrim loading screen. :lol:

It is? Maybe someone should ramp up the brightness again. Interestingly, such a loading screen will appear if you die and reload.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

It isn't; it's just stuff from the background of the panel right of it, and some of Hindo's electricity from underneath.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

nerdbot posted:

Yo ComradeCosmobot--just as a heads up, this page links to the wrong next page when you click on it.

Side-effect of still being in the process of updating the "post times" for all of the pages. I've done through Chapter 7 (Mario vs King Troll), plus the chapter cover of Chapter 8. But since page 21 of Chapter 7 and the title page of Chapter 8 were both technically posted on April 24th in UTC (even though they were on the 23rd according to DeviantArt's time zone), they actually end up being sorted AFTER the first four pages of Chapter 8. It'll end up being all sorted out by the time I finish working through the chapter cover for Chapter 10 or there abouts.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
DeviantArt just told me that our LazyB's birthday is in 4 days!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Dragonatrix posted:

It isn't; it's just stuff from the background of the panel right of it, and some of Hindo's electricity from underneath.

Haha, holy poo poo, you're right - still, even if it's by coincidence, I kinda dig the whole CHIM theory. Rob ain't gonna be bitched by no skeever-butt.

Tonight I caught up on TGT and tonight I cried twice - first manly tears and then happy tears. Why the hell is this so much better than anything we usually pay for?

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
ComradeCosmobot, I just want to let you know that you are doing the world a great service, and we all thank you for it.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Side-effect of still being in the process of updating the "post times" for all of the pages. I've done through Chapter 7 (Mario vs King Troll), plus the chapter cover of Chapter 8. But since page 21 of Chapter 7 and the title page of Chapter 8 were both technically posted on April 24th in UTC (even though they were on the 23rd according to DeviantArt's time zone), they actually end up being sorted AFTER the first four pages of Chapter 8. It'll end up being all sorted out by the time I finish working through the chapter cover for Chapter 10 or there abouts.

Wordpress is a real pain about the post times, I can vouch for that.

I appreciate your work on the site a lot! It really is nice to have it all collected in a more accessible place than Deviantart.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Technique posted:

I don't think it was lost on many people that this thread has gone pretty bonkers for this comic and for lazerbot. That was clear well before lazerbot started poking fun at the readers.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

I just noticed that my birthday is right between LazyB and Walt Disney. I'm sandwiched between geniuses!

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

horriblePencilist posted:

I just noticed that my birthday is right between LazyB and Walt Disney. I'm sandwiched between geniuses!
This made me realize. I don't think we've seen any Disney characters in the comic yet. That's kinda surprising considering how many there have been.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 30, 2012

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

I'm always surprised at LB's "artistic progress." I mean, it's not perfect or anything, but panels 1 and 2 on this page are pretty drat good considering where he came from. Dat angle!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's a really nice perspective trick on the first three panels. And from Rob's hand placement on the last few ones, i'm expecting the next page to open with him going Mola Ram|Kano on Hindo's rear end. :hellyeah:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

senseinobu posted:

This made me realize. I don't think we've seen any Disney characters in the comic yet. That's kinda surprising considering how many there have been.

Doug Funnie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Those first three panels are pretty amazing.

You know, even if Rob dies here, this fight is already amazing and is a lot of fun to see how they're using their powers.