Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cycleback
Dec 3, 2004
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Is there a free indexer that will search within .rar files? Mysterbin did this but they now seem to be closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

With the loss of Newzbin2, are NZBIndex and Binsearch the only two decent raw search engines now?

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008
I had a download going and then when it went to repair, it needed to fetch more blocks. It seems to have gotten stuck at this phase (it's been about 2 weeks). In the meantime, the desired file was downloaded using another NZB so I really just want to kill this process and clear it, however I can't get it to clear even after restarting sabnzbd and the computer. Any ideas?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Finally decided to switch usenet providers because Supernews (referral from here) is like $80 less than Newshosting's NHXL package. Just popped in the Supernews info and I'm topping out speeds for my connection around 1MB/sec where-as on Newshosting it used to be extremely flaky and I'd get a steady 600KB/sec at best. At times very infrequent times Newshosting would drop to sub 100KB/sec speeds.

Saving a ton of money and getting better service. WHY HAVEN'T I DONE THIS BEFORE :psyduck:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

averox posted:

Finally decided to switch usenet providers because Supernews (referral from here) is like $80 less than Newshosting's NHXL package. Just popped in the Supernews info and I'm topping out speeds for my connection around 1MB/sec where-as on Newshosting it used to be extremely flaky and I'd get a steady 600KB/sec at best. At times very infrequent times Newshosting would drop to sub 100KB/sec speeds.

Saving a ton of money and getting better service. WHY HAVEN'T I DONE THIS BEFORE :psyduck:
I just switched to the Supernews trial last night myself and hit 4.0Mb/s download with SAB.

Hella sold!!! :)

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Modern Pragmatist posted:

I had a download going and then when it went to repair, it needed to fetch more blocks. It seems to have gotten stuck at this phase (it's been about 2 weeks). In the meantime, the desired file was downloaded using another NZB so I really just want to kill this process and clear it, however I can't get it to clear even after restarting sabnzbd and the computer. Any ideas?

This happens to me all the time. If you can delete it from the history, delete it there, delete it from your hard drive and then go in to status/queue repair/restart. That should remove it.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

suddenlyissoon posted:

This happens to me all the time. If you can delete it from the history, delete it there, delete it from your hard drive and then go in to status/queue repair/restart. That should remove it.

Wow. Thank you very much. That's been bugging me for a while. I'll write that down for future reference.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Sucks that Newzbin2 closed. Could have at least stayed open to let us use remaining time and just not accept new payments.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

td4guy posted:

With the loss of Newzbin2, are NZBIndex and Binsearch the only two decent raw search engines now?

I have good luck with NZBClub too.

Dark Schneider
Aug 17, 2005
Guess it could have been worse with Newzbin2. They could have run the Christmas special and then closed the doors right after that.

Any info on this DOGnzb that I've been hearing about? Never got the chance to check them out and I see that they are now invite only.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Dark Schneider posted:

Any info on this DOGnzb that I've been hearing about? Never got the chance to check them out and I see that they are now invite only.

Dognzb is newznab with a custom ColdFusion presentation layer. Dunno what's going on with invites.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Dark Schneider posted:

Guess it could have been worse with Newzbin2. They could have run the Christmas special and then closed the doors right after that.

The Admin is supposedly going to give out more invites any day now.

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Any idea why post processing is suddenly failing for me in Sabnzbd? I keep getting 'Unable to rename <Path>\UNPACK_DownloadedItem to <Path>\DownloadItem'. Nothing has changed on my end that I'm aware of to suddenly cause this to happen.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I have a question that probably has a simple answer, but I can't figure out what it would be. If an nzb fails (I know in at least one case it was a DMCA because I actually asked the provider), I can grab individual par2 files via raw search like Binsearch and run quickpar until there's enough to put it together. But I have to do it manually because regardless of whether I grab an nzb via SAB or Binsearch or wherever, not all the par2s will be included. Even if I can see all of the individual par2s in Binsearch, and they're all checked, if I create an nzb they won't be included. But it's the same files from the same Usenet server, just accessed differently. If enough par2s existed to compile the file, then why wouldn't they be grabbed in an nzb? If too many rars were pulled by the provider so that it couldn't be compiled, then why am I able to do it by manually grabbing par2s?

edit: Funny, I just downloaded the latest SABnzbd, and in the release notes under Bug Fixes, it says:

- A damaged base par2 file could block download of more par2 files

Could that have been the issue? Maybe the provider did remove some par2s or "damage" them somehow, which meant the others couldn't download automatically? Also, where I say "grab an nzb via SAB or Binsearch" above I meant Sickbeard or Binsearch (or any indexer).

Smeep fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 2, 2012

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Lord Dekks posted:

Any idea why post processing is suddenly failing for me in Sabnzbd? I keep getting 'Unable to rename <Path>\UNPACK_DownloadedItem to <Path>\DownloadItem'. Nothing has changed on my end that I'm aware of to suddenly cause this to happen.

Are you out of disk space on the unpacked drive/path?

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
So I am on the $10 a month supernews plan, but I noticed that the UsenetNow holiday offer would get me a nice discout for 6 months, and then they are only 10 a month after that (if you buy in 3 month blocks). Is there going to be any noticable difference between the two? UsenetNow seems to offer a hair more retention on its plan, but I am not seeing anything else. The FAQ in the OP is a little out of date.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

nzbs.org is up, but nothing coming up when I search or hit the categories. Anyone else having this issue?

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

The pHo posted:

nzbs.org is up, but nothing coming up when I search or hit the categories. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The pHo posted:

Same here. There's a thread on their forums about it, and it mentions that you can still see stuff if you have it added to your My Shows listing, so it's probably temporary.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It's also letting me download things from my RSS feed that I set up, so it's just a bug probably.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looks like it's back to normal now, glad it was just a partial outage and not a sign of bad things to come!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OK, this is getting old...Whenever I get to the last 20 percent or so, my speed takes an absolute poo poo on itself and slows down to 25-50 KB/s. Using astraweb on Comcast.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Tide posted:

OK, this is getting old...Whenever I get to the last 20 percent or so, my speed takes an absolute poo poo on itself and slows down to 25-50 KB/s. Using astraweb on Comcast.

Might be Comcast... have you tried another port or SSL?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont know if its just couch potato or what, but it probably is given the symptoms.

every download I start with CP magically downloads at like 500MB/sec and then fails. My connection is only good for up to 12MB/sec.

started the same download manually using the same nzb and its fine.

what gives?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry if this is a simple question but I am ripping my hair out over here.

My OS hard drive crashed and I am trying to set all this stuff up again. Got SABNZBdb with Firefox and Sickbeard going fine. Here's the simple thing I can't figure out. My TV shows are all downloading to F:\TV\TV rather than F:\TV\Name of show

What in the unholy hell did I do wrong for this? Oh God oodles of TV shows all in one directory I can't take it :spergin:

Also is it a problem if I have one show across 2 hard drives? For example, seasons 1-10 of a show on one hard drive and seasons 11-20 on another hard drive? I only see this being a problem because I am telling Sickbeard that show is on the E: but the newer ones are going to be downloading to the F:.

Also some of my shows individually download a folder for each episode and some are just files in a folder named "Season X". I see this being a problem because XBMC asks me if episodes are in separate folders or not and welp here I am with both.

please help i am not good with computer

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 3, 2012

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tide posted:

I get this issue if I use Unison as my client, it seems to be happy using lots of connections but has a very slow speed (say 20KB/sec) per connection, so when most of the files have completed it takes an age to complete the final chunk. Try SAB if you're not using that already. Can't see how it would be an ISP issue as they wouldn't know you were nearing completion.

Laserface posted:

I dont know if its just couch potato or what, but it probably is given the symptoms.

every download I start with CP magically downloads at like 500MB/sec and then fails. My connection is only good for up to 12MB/sec.

started the same download manually using the same nzb and its fine.

what gives?

I find files 'download' at a stupid high speed like that when there's missing files (bad uploads or DMCA takedowns), but it's odd you're able to use the same file to get a working fileset. Presuming you're using SAB to do the downloading with, what's it saying as the fault reason in the history log?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know the reasoning behind this error?

2012-12-04 12:37:17.124708 MAIN :: There was an error creating the show in /storage/tvshows/TV SHOW NAME: No item with that key

I have folders already with content in them. I try adding existing shows and the entire folder doesn't show up. However when I change the subfolders to "Showname 2" they show up. I then add the show and it spits out that error.

If I try adding the show fresh I still get the same error. Is this a thetvdb.com's problem or mine? This is the version of Sickbeard that comes preinstalled via the Openelec Sabnzbd-Suite.

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002
I am new at this and dumb as a bag of rocks.

I feel like I am following instructions from here and also an all-in-one guide I found on another forum, but everything still ends up in the "completed" folder instead of the media>whatever folder after downloading. Sickbeard and Couch Potato find things fine and send them over to SAB just fine (though I gave up on headphones for the time being).

I just want everything to be the appropriate media sub folder automatically after it's downloaded.

I feel very dumb!

Bobx66
Feb 11, 2002

We all fell into the pit
Anyone using Pneumatic for xbmc? There is a sickbeard branch that supports the requisite strm files. I've consolidated my entire tv collection into about 2 GB worth of strm files.

Pneumatic is pretty incredible and is remnicient of icefilms for those of you that remember that. Only it streams from usenet by downloading the first and the last rar and then tricking SABNZB into streaming the file. Takes about 20 seconds to queue up a smaller show or 45 for a larger show.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

FAN OF NICKELBACK posted:

I am new at this and dumb as a bag of rocks.

I feel like I am following instructions from here and also an all-in-one guide I found on another forum, but everything still ends up in the "completed" folder instead of the media>whatever folder after downloading. Sickbeard and Couch Potato find things fine and send them over to SAB just fine (though I gave up on headphones for the time being).

I just want everything to be the appropriate media sub folder automatically after it's downloaded.

You need to create categories and tell Sickbeard/Couch Potato what category to use.

In Sabnzbd: Config > Categories, set Category and Folder/Path to TV. (The script option is where you would use the sabToSickbeard script if you had configured it)
In Sickbeard: Config > Search Settings, set SABnzbd Category to TV.

I don't use Couch Potato but the process should be similar :).

Have you configured post-processing yet? If you have Sickbeard should be moving the TV shows into their sub-directories.

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 5, 2012

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

astr0man posted:

Are you out of disk space on the unpacked drive/path?

No idea what the issue was, whatever it was it seems to of resolved itself after a few days, I'm assuming some weird windows permissions thingymejig, if in doubt blame windows! :)

Can anyone explain how the 'Check before download' option works? It says it will try to predict completion but is slower. How much slower are we talking? And also does it take backup servers into account? Seems more and more things are getting DMCA'd even from my backup server which traditionally in the past was pretty successful at filling in the blanks.

Especially annoying as I p much use usenet as a DVR and can legitimately watch and record all the content that is generally removed. I almost wish I still had a VCR.

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002

Chick3n posted:

You need to create categories and tell Sickbeard/Couch Potato what category to use.

In Sabnzbd: Config > Categories, set Category and Folder/Path to TV. (The script option is where you would use the sabToSickbeard script if you had configured it)
In Sickbeard: Config > Search Settings, set SABnzbd Category to TV.

I don't use Couch Potato but the process should be similar :).

Have you configured post-processing yet? If you have Sickbeard should be moving the TV shows into their sub-directories.

I was using the wrong script in the categories, problem solved--I was dumb and thanks for pointing me back to it.

It's all working like a charm, where has this been all my life?

The only thing I noticed is that nothing seems to find 1080i videos, so if anyone knows how to fix that please let me know so I am not forced to manually add some things like a caveman!

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Anyone have any tips to force SB to rename eps according to TVnfo episode name? After download, it's leaving the file as "Xxxxxxxx (show name) - 2x07 - 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION".

I've got "Rename episodes" in the postprocessing options ticked, and the format set to "Show Name - 2x03 - Ep Name.ext"

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Gimperial posted:

Anyone have any tips to force SB to rename eps according to TVnfo episode name? After download, it's leaving the file as "Xxxxxxxx (show name) - 2x07 - 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION".

I've got "Rename episodes" in the postprocessing options ticked, and the format set to "Show Name - 2x03 - Ep Name.ext"

What operating system are you on? Could it be a file permission thing?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I have managed to figure out how to get TV shows to go into D:\TV\Show Name\Season but I can't for the life of me figure out how to have 1 show on 2 different hard drives. If I tell SickBeard it's on D:\TV\Show Name, it will find it fine, but since that drive ran out of space, I cannot tell it to also look in E:\TV\Show Name. I can't figure this crap out (5 days now) :saddowns:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Easy solultion: you can't. Or you set the drive with the latest season as the drive, and just mark everything that's on another drive as Archived.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
If you are in windows 7 you could do it with junction points (symlinks).

Just make a junction point that goes from D:\TV\Show Name -> E:\TV\Show Name. You can tell SB to just keep looking in D:, but the show will actually end up on E:.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Illuminado posted:

What operating system are you on? Could it be a file permission thing?

Windows 8 x64. I don't think it's that because it's renaming the first part (show name, seasonXepisode), just not the episode name. Happens on all shows by the way.

Also just noticed in the "History" tab in SB, in the Episode column all the snatched files are missing the episode name, and have only show name and 2x02 etc.

Gimperial fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 6, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The pHo posted:

Easy solultion: you can't. Or you set the drive with the latest season as the drive, and just mark everything that's on another drive as Archived.

astr0man posted:

If you are in windows 7 you could do it with junction points (symlinks).

Just make a junction point that goes from D:\TV\Show Name -> E:\TV\Show Name. You can tell SB to just keep looking in D:, but the show will actually end up on E:.

Thanks kindly to both of you, because this issue was literally ungoogleable for me. Going to try them both out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Thanks kindly to both of you, because this issue was literally ungoogleable for me. Going to try them both out!

You can also do the junction points by specific season if you need to. If you aren't comfortable with using the command line, you can actually use steammover: http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover. It was designed to use junction points to move steam games around drives, but you can still use it for anything else too.