Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Oh youtube comments. from TOP of ur head How much do u think ferraries worth in this day???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This seems to be a good place for this..

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

VikingSkull posted:

I watched a guy start an F250 from outside the truck by reaching in and pushing the clutch with his hand.

Why would he even do that?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Is there a :stonk: + :psyduck: for my reaction to that article. Really lets boot an ambulance that is tending to an emergency and potentially really harm someone with not having the proper medical attention soon enough.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Not only that, but they were responding to a medical emergency inside their own store.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't even know what to say about this.

I am picturing this man's family tree and it involves a lot of :banjo: and looks kinda like the pile of cables behind my computer.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/1106067-fuel-injected-turbo-20-r.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-RE41Io8CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egpisoJB6Tg

That poor truck did nothing wrong to deserve this :(

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Bullshit like that is why they banned clamping on private land in the UK. Unfortunately, the same act that enforced that came with a clause that got rid of the contract loophole on parking fines, meaning they can claim them from the vehicle owner, even if they don't know who the driver is (as it's the driver who they have a contract with for parking within their stated rules).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
But Parking fines from Private owners (ie: Not a council) can be pretty much completely ignored anyway, since the actual legally attainable reimbursement they can claim from your vehicle being parked there is the cost of whatever ticket you would have needed to park there plus negligible "reasonable" admin fees. They could also pursue Trespassing charges but those would be tiny too. So 99% of private parking fines never make it to court because it wouldn't be worth it. THe way private parking firms try and get your money would be with threatening letters and threats of "Baliffs", which aren't really baliffs, just debt collectors, so they don't have the right to enter your property and seize goods.

Council parking fines are different though, and you probably would have to pay those.

Source: My GF is a legal advisor at the RAC.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, but before it was a case of them not actually being able to define who their contract was with, which is what has now been tweaked.

The one that pisses me off is disabled badge holders not being ticketed for parking on double-yellows. It doesn't magically stop being inconvenient/dangerous to have a car parked there just because of the driver's status.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

kastein posted:

I don't even know what to say about this.

I am picturing this man's family tree and it involves a lot of :banjo: and looks kinda like the pile of cables behind my computer.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/1106067-fuel-injected-turbo-20-r.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-RE41Io8CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egpisoJB6Tg

That poor truck did nothing wrong to deserve this :(

:stonk:

I don't know an awful lot about fabrication & 4x4 technology but yeah, no truck deserves that.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

BMB5150 posted:

Is there a :stonk: + :psyduck: for my reaction to that article. Really lets boot an ambulance that is tending to an emergency and potentially really harm someone with not having the proper medical attention soon enough.

Whats really screwed up is if this was a real heart attack and they missed their door to balloon time because of this crap.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

kastein posted:

I'm sure these guys are from somewhere on that same "tree" :haw: :downs:

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 2, 2012

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Root Bear posted:

I'm sure these guys are from somewhere on that same "tree" :haw: :downs:

I... uh... um... yeah. You're right, I think.

Wow. :stare:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FIRST TIME posted:

Why would he even do that?

Frozen truck, too lazy to get in and start it to let it defrost.

TylerC 2.0
Jan 22, 2010

I live right around the corner from this place. I was walking out the other night and a tranny prostitute walks up, stops a foot in front of me and says "Eat my pussy BITCCCCCCH" No relation to the story but it gave me a big smile.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

TylerC 2.0 posted:

I live right around the corner from this place. I was walking out the other night and a tranny prostitute walks up, stops a foot in front of me and says "Eat my pussy BITCCCCCCH" No relation to the story but it gave me a big smile.

No, terrible CAR stuff.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Stay away from tranny prostitutes, they spend all day neutral dropping for anyone with :10bux:. Leave foul-smelling sticky crap all over the drat place, too.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it was a Saturn wagon, with a GIANT fart cannon. I'd never seen anyone paint drum brakes before though, so it amused me enough that I had to grab a pic. Best part was that the dudes gf in the passenger seat saw me openly laughing at his car, and immediately died from embarassment.

Two awful things about this pic:
1) why are they still driving that
2) why havent I cleaned my windows

InitialDave posted:

Stay away from tranny prostitutes, they spend all day neutral dropping for anyone with :10bux:. Leave foul-smelling sticky crap all over the drat place, too.

:golfclap:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Two awful things about this pic:

1) the car probably still runs pretty good.
2) you're a lazy goon.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

grumplestiltzkin posted:

The thumbnail makes it look like it's raining really hard.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The nasty part is all of that is on the inside of the glass.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

VikingSkull posted:

The nasty part is all of that is on the inside of the glass.

Most people roll down their windows before spitting their chaw out of the car.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kill-9 posted:

Most people roll down their windows before spitting their chaw out of the car.

Or taking pictures when the windows look like that.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I have an almost matching dent on my 92 coupe courtesy of a Volvo wagon last winter. Paid $1000 for the car, insurance paid out $2700 with a $400 buyback. drat things runs straight and the cabin seals are good. Not a drop of moisture inside. I do have the stock EX rims though.
gently caress yes I'm still driving it. Plus, at least 5 people have pulled up next to me at a light and offered to buy it for up to $700.
I plan on giving it to my son to beat on.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Godholio posted:

Or taking pictures when the windows look like that.

Ok, guilty as charged. :downs:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
I just stumbled over this on some other website and all I can say is: Someone take away this dude's photoshop before an actual Singer ends up like that.

You can also totally tell it's a photoshop because the plastic those fenders are made of isn't wavy, as would be the case with a true RWB Porsche.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

parrhesia posted:

I just stumbled over this on some other website and all I can say is: Someone take away this dude's photoshop before an actual Singer ends up like that.

You can also totally tell it's a photoshop because the plastic those fenders are made of isn't wavy, as would be the case with a true RWB Porsche.

It's not for the street, I don't really see what's wrong with it.

Cruseydr
May 18, 2010

I am not an atomic playboy.

GutBomb posted:

1) it is on a street
2) look at the original:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What's the cupholder in the hood for?

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

GutBomb posted:

It's the fact that someone took a Singer Porsche, essentially the best and most obsessive resto-mod (if you can even use that term for a Singer) available for a 70s Porsche and combine it with RWB elements, the latter of which are produced by sawzalling away fender metal, screwing/riveting on ridiculously wide plastic fenders into whatever is left and then slap on huge spoilers and stickers. All of this is produced by chain-smoking Japanese dude in a garage, who also happens to have a penchant for drinking a fuckton of terrible beer while working.

Don't get me wrong, RWB Porsches can be kind of cool in a really ridiculous sort of way, even if I think the name is emblematic for the entire product in that it looks and sounds kind of cool until you realize that it literally means nothing and obviously has just been cobbled together out of cool-sounding/looking parts.

Anyway, :words:, Singers and RWBs don't match is my point.

Godholio posted:

It's for the gas tank, I think.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

Probably a fuel filler judging from the position. Some AC Porsches also have a front oil filler but it's usually on one of the fenders.

e: beaten by :ninja:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Weird...I've never seen/noticed one like that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's not a stock part, probably. I could see it being useful in a race/pit environment.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Rauh-Welt Begriff more like Zerstören-Auto Begriff :hitler:

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
Racing a pair of Beemers down the M1 at three o'clock in the morning at just shy of a ton-and-a-half? What could possibly go wrong?

Oh.

quote:

A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after two men were killed in a crash on the M1 in Hertfordshire.

The men, aged 22 and 24 and from London, died in the collision, involving two BMWs, between junctions 5 and 4 near Watford, at about 02:40 GMT.

Two other men were taken to St Mary's Hospital, London, with "serious injuries" police said.

The four men in the second car were also injured and taken to hospital.

A police spokeswoman said their injuries were not thought to be life-threatening. The arrested man is from east London.

A man living near the accident told the BBC he was awoken by the noise of the crash and when he got to the site he saw some survivors fighting.
This is the BBC being its usual restrained self, of course. Apparently what happened was there were three cars allegedly racing, the third had to stop at a service station for someone to take a piss and when they caught up/arrived at the scent they all supposedly piled out of their Merc and started beating up the survivors for killing their friends.

:doh:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BBC posted:

The arrested man is from east London.

And calls his mates "bruv" which is really all you need to know. I'm sure trainers and caps were found at the scene scattered like so many leaves.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This is minor compared to everything else in this thread, and I think I understand the reasoning behind it (Those letters can't be easy to replace, and the P might look like an R from a distance) but I couldn't stop cracking up at it anyway:

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Look at this abomination that I saw at McDonald's today. Just look at it. Those are the ugliest drat rims I've ever seen.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Songbearer posted:

This is minor compared to everything else in this thread, and I think I understand the reasoning behind it (Those letters can't be easy to replace, and the P might look like an R from a distance) but I couldn't stop cracking up at it anyway:

It's a BL car, some of them probably left the factory like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ursa_minor
Oct 17, 2006

I'm hella in tents.

Songbearer posted:

It just looks like the arm of the 'R' broke off.