Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pablo Gigante posted:

They showed San Francisco sometimes in TNG since Starfleet Academy was located there :)

Yeah, I know, but aside from Frisco, we rarely saw any of the rest of the world, outside of France and NOLA (as Pablo Gigante mentioned).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

uPen posted:

• "Star Trek: First Contact"-- $146 million.
• "Star Trek: The Motion Picture"--$139 million.
"Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home"--$133 million.
• "Star Trek Generations"--$120 million.
• "Star Trek: Insurrection"--$118 million.
• "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"--$97 million.
• "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country"--$96.9 million.
• "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock"--$87 million.
• "Star Trek Nemesis"--$67 million.
• "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier"--$63 million.

Nobody?

Ah yes, but THAR BE WHALES HERE, SIR. Also, Chekov searching for nuclear wessels.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gonz posted:

Ah yes, but THAR BE WHALES HERE, SIR. Also, Chekov searching for nuclear wessels.

The LDS line is the best.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I love the bad actor dude playing the cop, who just stares at them asking where Alameda is. He just stares.... and stares, not moving a muscle, not breathing. I'm sure his acting directions were "You think they seem crazy, so you just stare at them incredulously.", but he seemed to take it as "Do your best impression of a mannequin."

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I love the bad actor dude playing the cop, who just stares at them asking where Alameda is. He just stares.... and stares, not moving a muscle, not breathing. I'm sure his acting directions were "You think they seem crazy, so you just stare at them incredulously.", but he seemed to take it as "Do your best impression of a mannequin."

That was an actual cop. He was doing security for the shooting. The whole bit was more or less improvised.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Speaking of "Star Trek IV", I think it was in the last thread that someone whipped out this gem:

"Star Trek III" didn't do very well in Europe, so someone's bright idea was to market the next one as "The Voyage Home: Star Trek IV"

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That looks like the cover of an Atari 2600 game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

Speaking of "Star Trek IV", I think it was in the last thread that someone whipped out this gem:

"Star Trek III" didn't do very well in Europe, so someone's bright idea was to market the next one as "The Voyage Home: Star Trek IV"

I never realized "home" was a West Hollywood gay bar. They'll fit right in at Rage.

Also I didn't realize that they traed back where 2 century man hnever gonore to a mcrazy outeaous.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

kiimo posted:

Also I didn't realize that they traed back where 2 century man hnever gonore to a mcrazy outeaous.

Thank you! That was really bothering me, but I figured it was just my monitor or something. That poo poo is illegible!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can never decide what I like more.

80's movies where they go to the future and it's just the 80's with hovering stuff, and holograms.

80's movies where future people come to the 80's.

Or 80's movies where past people come to the 80's.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What do you mean there are FOUR kinds of Coke???

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

80's movies where they go to the future and it's just the 80's with hovering stuff, and holograms.

So you just really like BTTFII?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

80's movies where 80's people go to 1955. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

What do you mean there are FOUR kinds of Coke???

Sorry, already trademarked that for Lindsay Lohan's biography.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

feedmyleg posted:

So you just really like BTTFII?

Who doesn't? It's got all those AND 80's people going to a different 80's.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Two McFly's with the same gun.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So iTunes Trailers has been loving up a lot recently and pissing everybody off. They screwed up our Beautiful Creatures debut but nowhere near as bad as this....

That uh...that's not Vince Vaughn.

How'd you like to be Joshua Jackson's agent or publicist right about now? You'd have to drop a hammer on somebody.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

So iTunes Trailers has been loving up a lot recently and pissing everybody off. They screwed up our Beautiful Creatures debut but nowhere near as bad as this....

How'd you like to be Joshua Jackson's agent or publicist right about now? You'd have to drop a hammer on somebody.
For what it's worth, I'll probably never see a movie with Joshua Jackson's name on the poster, so if it weren't for his big stupid face they might have fooled me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
When saw the picture before reading the post, my first thought was "Hey! Good for you, Joshua Jackson."

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

kiimo posted:

How does this work though? Joshua Jackson got 4th on the theatrical poster, but they decided to bump up Vince Vaughn for the home video release? Does Jackson get compensated or something?

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

kiimo posted:

That's also not Bruce Willis, it appears to be some man in a creepy rubber baby mask. Unless it's Bruce Willis under the mask, in which case I have to wonder why they didn't just have him not wearing it for the poster so that he'd be more recognizable?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoa weird.

I blamed iTunes but something else is going on here. If you watch the teaser the following is happening.

-Joshua Jackson is all over it, including the cast run.
-Joshua Jackson is not in the final billing though.
-Vince Vaughn is in this movie according to IMDB.
-Vince Vaughn is not in this teaser though (AV I mean).
-Vince Vaughn is not in the billing block either.
-Vince Vaughn's name is on the art given to iTunes that is repurposed from the one-sheet.

So let's check out the one-sheet...

Here's the original teaser poster...

Annnnnd here's a new one-sheet recently released

I have a feeling we'll hear more about this.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 5, 2012

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'd like to think that's not a billing issue, but a poster designer actually thought that was Vince Vaughn. If I was in charge of designing that poster, and I knew that Vince Vaughn was in the movie I'd just put his name on the poster because it'd be easier than writing out "that gay best friend from Cruel Intentions that nobody gives a poo poo about".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hey, that's Peter Bishop. The four-... fif-... sixth best character on Fringe.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Your first pull on Joshua Jackson is his character from Cruel Intentions? That's like going to Lost In Space for Matt LeBlanc.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I'm pretty sure that's not Catherine Zeta-Jones either. I think it's Kathy Lee Gifford.

Polkergeist
Sep 2, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Hey, that's Peter Bishop. The four-... fif-... sixth best character on Fringe.

Peter Bishop is a wonderful man and I will not stand for this. :colbert: Joshua Jackson Vince Vaughn's done a great job recently turning into an Observer.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 6, 2014

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

You know what I love about this? It's not trying to be clever at all with the tagline. No Time is Running Out For San Francisco or San Francisco Is Out Of Time - no, it says up front why you want to see it.

"H.G. Wells is going to take on Jack the Ripper in the modern day." Boom, now I want to see it.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
If only the film was as good as that poster.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Maarak posted:

If only the film was as good as that poster.

If only you weren't dead on the inside.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
If we ever discover time travel as a civilization, we need to send that knowledge back in time to the 80s and make sure they're the only ones who can use it.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Sheldrake posted:

If only you weren't dead on the inside.

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember the novelty of it all wearing off less than hour in and getting bored. Did my teen self miss out on something worthwhile?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I love that movie, there were some genuinely creepy and frightening parts.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Maarak posted:

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember the novelty of it all wearing off less than hour in and getting bored. Did my teen self miss out on something worthwhile?

Never trust your taste in anything you read, listened to, or watched as a teenager. Because, as a teenager, you're going to be much, much dumber than you are as an adult.

What I'm saying is that Time After Time is loving awesome and you really should revisit it

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Magic Love Hose posted:

Superman: Birthright has my favorite last two pages and last five words out of any Superman story, ever. And I've read quite a few.

If Man of Steel is based off of Birthright, then that means only good tidings as far as I'm concerned.

You weren't lying! I bought all the issues in the DC app and read them in one sitting, I am super excited for this movie now!

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Maarak posted:

There's a really great speech that David Warner gives about his evil, and I always get a kick out of Malcolm McDowell playing a good guy. I think it's fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Time After Time is hands down one of my favorite movies. Maybe not top 10, but top 25 for sure.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Hasters posted:

You weren't lying! I bought all the issues in the DC app and read them in one sitting, I am super excited for this movie now!

Glad you liked it! Though I'm not sure how much of Birthright will be in Man of Steel, I'm hoping it's a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
The problem I have with Birthright is that some of the dialogue is breathtakingly bad. Like, it transcends bad dialogue. Lois Lane's one-liner when when she destroys the kryptonite radiation thingybob that was loving up Superman just left me astounded with how stupid it was. "I'm monkeywrenching your equipment. Ook ook." Jesus christ.

Oh, and a new poster for Chan-Wook Park's Stoker.

The reflection's probably photoshopped, but it's not one of those super obvious terrible ones. Still, something about the reflections really doesn't sit right with me but I'm not really sure what.

And this masterpiece for the new Universal Soldier movie because why not?