Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I just sent out about 12 or so Christmas cards this morning- people toward the start of Lamb's masterlist, heads up! :) I'm going to try and get EVERY person on the list like I did last year- no goon left behind.

Also thanks to Fluffy Bunnies, Jimmy Da Fish, Thermophonic Joy and a very very belated to Mizufusion who I neglected to thank for a postcard because it was taped up near my desk and not with the rest. Will post some photos with the next update. Thanks again everyone :3:

Edit: Photos!

From Thermophonic Joy

From Fluffy Bunnies, Jimmy Da Fish, and Mizufusion!

Team Lunch fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I got a postcard from blinkeve1826 today! It has the best reindeer drawing on it. :3:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for the postcard thepitgoddess. Omaha really could use a rollercoaster or two.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Fluffy Bunnies! thank you for the Christmas card! It was my first one of the season!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
Me too! Thanks Fluffy Bunnies! I'm pretty sure you were the one to hit me with the mega sparkles a couple of years back, so I was pretty careful opening it. Nothing in there but a card, love, and a bit of Great Dane hair - My carpets are saved!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Hey guys...I was just wondering, would anybody be interested in sending holiday goonmail to Momma Valet again, this year?

She loved it so much last year, and got a lot of laughs from the stuff you guys sent. It was really touching to see her so happy and surprised to have people from all over the place mailing her/thinking about her. I know it lifted her spirits a lot.

One goon even sent little crocheted snowflakes which we put on our tree every year now.

If you'd like to spread the holiday cheer to my mom, here's how you can reach her:

Deb "Momma Valet" Wright
c/o Kassie Wright
130 West Street, Lower Apartment
Brantford, Ontario
Canada
N3T 3G1

I see her at least once a week and will make sure she gets all of your goodies. She usually ends up opening them when I'm around so we can both enjoy the mail, and seeing her smile is the greatest thing of all. :3:

Also: Keep an eye on those mail boxes, wrote out a bunch of christmas cards (my hand nearly fell off, it was a problem) and will be sending them out to lucky goons soon enough!

CatStacking fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 4, 2012

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Ooh, this sounds like a lot of fun! I'll have to pick up some stamps and other supplies this weekend. Who doesn't need some cheering up around finals? :)

Here's mine:

Erin
1014 Manhattan Dr.
Denton, TX 76209
:911:

I like everything and I enjoy any variety of snail mail. I just saw Dethklok live on Friday so I'm particularly psyched about Metalocalypse right now. Send me your metal jokes.

Edit: Buying stamps tomorrow, I really wanna get this party started.

Wile E. Toyota fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 5, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Thank you Fluffy Bunnies for the awesome Christmas card! It was my first Christmas card of the year, and I'm sticking it on the tree. Thank youuu!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Got this lovely handwritten letter from 13Pandora13.

Also, received this bundle of fun from Cone of Tragedy.

I'm prepping more cards soon, thanks again for the holiday glee!!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Thank you Fluffy Bunnies for the awesome Christmas card! It was my first Christmas card of the year, and I'm sticking it on the tree. Thank youuu!

:neckbeard: People getting cards!

PezMaster posted:

Me too! Thanks Fluffy Bunnies! I'm pretty sure you were the one to hit me with the mega sparkles a couple of years back, so I was pretty careful opening it. Nothing in there but a card, love, and a bit of Great Dane hair - My carpets are saved!

:cripes: I'm sorry for anyone else this happens to. The dogs are exploding their coats everywhere and I vacuumed everything, even the ceiling, trying to make fur-less cards. Hell, I even vacuumed the dogs. Apparently I was unsuccessful.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

cuntvalet posted:

Hey guys...I was just wondering, would anybody be interested in sending holiday goonmail to Momma Valet again, this year?

She loved it so much last year, and got a lot of laughs from the stuff you guys sent. It was really touching to see her so happy and surprised to have people from all over the place mailing her/thinking about her. I know it lifted her spirits a lot.

One goon even sent little crocheted snowflakes which we put on our tree every year now.

If you'd like to spread the holiday cheer to my mom, here's how you can reach her:

Deb "Momma Valet" Wright
c/o Kassie Wright
Brantford, Ontario
Canada
N3T 3G1

I see her at least once a week and will make sure she gets all of your goodies. She usually ends up opening them when I'm around so we can both enjoy the mail, and seeing her smile is the greatest thing of all. :3:

Also: Keep an eye on those mail boxes, wrote out a bunch of christmas cards (my hand nearly fell off, it was a problem) and will be sending them out to lucky goons soon enough!

Adding Momma Valet to my Christmas card list! :buddy:

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...

panorama_change posted:

Also, received this bundle of fun from Cone of Tragedy.

Yay, I'm glad the robot dance party crew arrived! In case you didn't figure it out yet, the blue robot sticks to glass and the little yellow things are rub on tattoos.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Putting 6 more envelopes in the mail today- will start at the end of the masterlist for the next batch.

cuntvalet posted:

Deb "Momma Valet" Wright
c/o Kassie Wright
Brantford, Ontario
Canada
N3T 3G1

I'll make sure she gets one, too! I think sent her one last year- If I remember right, I put some Batman coloring pages in it. Moms like Batman coloring pages, right? (of course!)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I also got a nice Christmas card from Fluffy Bunnies. No sparkles, though, so my carpet thanks you.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Team Lunch posted:

Putting 6 more envelopes in the mail today- will start at the end of the masterlist for the next batch.

I'll make sure she gets one, too! I think sent her one last year- If I remember right, I put some Batman coloring pages in it. Moms like Batman coloring pages, right? (of course!)

You did! They are stuck up on the fridge with magnets. :3:

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
Fluffy Bunnies sent me a very nice holiday card. Many thanks to you F.B.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I got mail from Pit Goddess & Aunt Buck today. Thank you both so much!

I've got the cards, I just need to get off my duff and write messages and mail them.

HodjasBitch
Apr 24, 2003

Too bad you revealed what a huge asshole you are so early in the game.....I woulda put out.
Fun Shoe
I'm so bummed that I missed SASS by 3 hours this year. I'm going out to get stamps tomorrow, so here's me:

Diane P
926 S State #4
Lockport, IL 60441

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
I got a postcard/headshot/ bunch of awkward drawings/birthday wishes/xmas trees from blinkeve1826! We made your picture more festive and put a little santa hat on ya :)

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Long overdue update with all the great mail I've gotten over the last few weeks.

Jimmy da Fish, Fluffy Bunnies, 13Pandora13 and PitGoddess:

Thermophonic Joy sent me an explosion of awesome:

Including the following stickers:

Look at that scary mofo.:ohdear:

Lovely letters from Dushkani, Tempura Wizard, Rhythe and Becktastic:

Becktastic's paper was of a magic variety that turned the ink into rainbow color!

PezMaster sent me a great letter full of artistic greatness:

I love how fabulous the super hero is and the crayon colour metropolis in the back ground.

Included in the letter was this!

I can't draw for the life of me, so rather than ruin the picture I put a cross stitch I made on the face.

On the back I discovered this:

PezMaster I will use this as a writing prompt and let you know what I come up with.

Fantastic letters from Hockyfrong and Dushkani (who took the photo on the card):

Thanks everyone for all your thoughtful mail. I'm working on replies to each of you for Christmas. I'm also wondering if there are any fans of the following: Daria, "Anchorman", Aqua Teen Hunger Force, old school horror flicks and "Ghostbusters".

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 5, 2012

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

kafkasgoldfish posted:

PezMaster sent me a great letter full of artistic greatness:

I love how fabulous the super hero is and the crayon colour metropolis in the back ground.

Included in the letter was this!

I can't draw for the life of me, so rather than ruin the picture I put a cross stitch I made on the face.

On the back I discovered this:

I will use this as a writing prompt and let you know what I come up with.

I'm so glad my letter got to you - I'll show my student/artist the picture of your cross stitch. He'll be over the moon!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

PezMaster posted:

I'm so glad my letter got to you - I'll show my student/artist the picture of your cross stitch. He'll be over the moon!

Would it be ok if I included it in the reply card I send to you? Maybe he would like it in exchange for the mega awesome drawing he sent me.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Would it be ok if I included it in the reply card I send to you? Maybe he would like it in exchange for the mega awesome drawing he sent me.

Seeing as he is a mini goon (draws rage faces, plays minecraft, is creeped out by slenderman, etc), he would LOVE it. He's actually one of my special needs kids whose only outlet is his art. When I told him I was sending out letters to people all over the world, he volunteered to draw in hopes of getting some drawings back. A special awesome face cross stitch would seriously make his day :)

(His name is Abdullah if any one else wants to draw him some goon art!)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

You did! They are stuck up on the fridge with magnets. :3:

Oh my goodness :3: I think this is going to be a holiday tradition- will include some new things, too!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Thanks everyone for all your thoughtful mail. I'm working on replies to each of you for Christmas. I'm also wondering if there are any fans of the following: Daria, "Anchorman", Aqua Teen Hunger Force, old school horror flicks and "Ghostbusters".

Daria is my favorite show, ever.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
DLAO we received your most excellent card in the mail today. So despite the fact that was 70 degrees out today, it is starting to feel like Christmas time. And babby enjoyed your poetic description of the holidays. Thanks!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Me! I love Daria!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I've seen Anchorman a few times, and I grudgingly thought it was hilarious. Not a huge fan of Will Farrell in general, but that movie was delightfully absurd. Count me an Anchorman fan. :3:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Six more Christmas cards going out today! Heads up end of masterlist people :)

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I'm also wondering if there are any fans of the following: Daria, "Anchorman", Aqua Teen Hunger Force, old school horror flicks and "Ghostbusters".

I'm a pretty big fan of old school horror flicks!

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I'm also wondering if there are any fans of the following: Daria, "Anchorman", Aqua Teen Hunger Force, old school horror flicks and "Ghostbusters".

I am a huge fan of old school horror flicks. That's the best kind of flick there is!

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Hey I'm gonna send out some Christmas cheer today and wouldn't mind getting some in return!

[removed]

Ball Tazeman fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 14, 2013

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Old school horror flicks = the best horror flicks

My husband and I have black and white monster movie night every weekend. :3:

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Can I get back in on this for Christmas? I'm going to send out cards of my own soon.

Brandy S (or Andaley works)
2785 Eagle Dr. #E208
Ammon, ID 83406

Thanks!

Edit: First round sent!

Andaley fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 6, 2012

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

DLAO we received your most excellent card in the mail today. So despite the fact that was 70 degrees out today, it is starting to feel like Christmas time. And babby enjoyed your poetic description of the holidays. Thanks!

Hurray! I was starting to worry that my cards got eaten by the postman! I'm glad you got it! :-D

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Ooo! I love horror movies, especially the old school stuff. I run a horror blog and my car is named after horror actor Bill Moseley. :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

cuntvalet posted:

Ooo! I love horror movies, especially the old school stuff. I run a horror blog and my car is named after horror actor Bill Moseley. :3:

That's awesome. I thought I was spooky for having a Thirteen Ghosts tattoo (William Castle owns).

Wings of Mine
Aug 23, 2011
Sent off my first four cards today! :D I'll keep sending them off until I run out of stamps--and I have a lot of stamps. ;D I'll also return any card that you send to me with one of my own!

I drew my own cards so...please don't laugh at my horrible art. :negative:

And thank you Fluffy Bunnies and Blinkeve1826 for the cards. Blinkeve, I am sending you one back, but I have to find something Chanukah-y to stuff it with (darn you Walmart for having nothing!).

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

That's awesome. I thought I was spooky for having a Thirteen Ghosts tattoo (William Castle owns).

I even have my mom, step dad and boyfriend referring to my car as 'Moseley'. They never say:

"I'm gonna be driving Kass' car today." or "When I pick you up, look for your car instead of the truck."

Nope. It's always, "Im going to be driving Moseley today." and "I'll be picking you up in Moseley." or "Moseley is in the shop for an oil change."

My boyfriend once referred to my car by its rightful name when talking to his mom and she just seemed so confused. I giggled when he told me that.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
Post post post!

I finally got a job at the end of September (after over a year!) and started November 1st. I’ve moved away from home and things have been pretty hectic since so I haven’t gotten into the swing of goon mail yet (despite bringing provisions with me).

But some lovely lovely senders have remembered me and been sending me surprise bits of post- which my Mum has forwarded from home.

For reference to those still very kindly sending me things here and there, my new address is:

Meg/Hemlock
Flat 5
2 North Place
Cheltenham
GL50 4DW
England

:)

I will attempt to get some Christmas cards sent out but they may be a little late.

Now, onto photos…

Apologies first to the lovely Lamb who sent me a fantastic collection of stuff that was forwarded here a few weeks ago- it was actually the first bit of non-spam post I received and I really appreciate it (and am very sorry for taking so long to say so!).

You know I love stamps so this was fantastic-

I ignored the crime scene tape and went right in to find a festoon of goodies- thank you so much!

Then today I had two lovely Christmas cards from Marlowe and Fluffy Bunnies. You can’t tell from my terrible picture but they were both beautifully decorated- Marlowe’s with some very classy stickers and Fluffy Bunnies’ with pretty Christmas stamps (love them!).

Inside the wonderful envelopes I found a very classy wreath card from Fluffy while Marlowe’s exploded with stars that are now blinging up my bureau and rendering it suitably festive. The card itself featured a very cute cat and there was an amazing penguin-sticker to construct which I may well use to Christmasify the fridge!

Thank you both- you have brought me much Christmas cheer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Things I have found out about Rythe:

A) He has the COOLEST STICKERS EVER
B) He has fine taste in table top gaming cards

(Thanks Rythe!)