Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
The answer is never.

Here's some streams:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Team Spooky. The kings of poverty and also streaming fighting games. They stream a lot of majors and Big 2. There's a few goons in Team Spooky, so they must be not terrible.

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Level Up. They stream a lot of West Coast majors and stuff! Run by Alex Valle, AKA Dad.

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. Where there's fog and no one works long hours for some reason. Haunts who runs IPW, is technically the home of Team Spooky! Ghosts! Boo!

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Mortal Kombatants fight in Mortal Kombat.

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

Some top players stream on this channel! They live in a house! A house with fighting gamers! Holy moley! If you like seeing entitled people grumble about not being able to raffle, this might be your place.

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/videos

8wayrun. They stream NJ tournaments and the 3D games at majors a lot. Wowzers! PS Donate. (Don't actually donate).

http://www.twitch.tv/st1ckbug

St1ckbug's stream. If you like animes fighting other animes in such forms as: Undescript and generic schoolgirl A fighting her exact clone with a different color skirt. Lots of yelling: The game. That game based loosely off an RPG. As well as an actually good game, you might wanna check this stream out!

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv

These guys don't stream a lot of actual fighting games, but if you want to see two wealthy men spend 2 of their 6 hours of potential sleep every Wednesday explain how bad Cammy is, check them out. Sometimes they actually stream tournaments too.

http://www.twitch.tv/srklive

I dunno what goes here but it's owned by Shoryuken.com so therefor it must be something.

http://www.twitch.tv/godsgarden

JAPAN.

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

Gamecenter, more Norcal. Also anime.

http://www.twitch.tv/avoidingthepuddle

Click here to win a free EWGF!!!!

WHEN'S MARVEL?

Marvel 3 is fun and cool to watch. It's flashy and kinda hype. It's not that well balanced but new and exciting things are still being figured out. It's also got some animes and some patriotic punchy men so it appeals to everyone except old people. PS Soul Fist.

SSF4AE2012 is a game that I think everyone can understand. It's fun to watch at the highest levels of play and when a lot is on the line. It's the current universal language of fighting games. Everyone knows AE and can play it kind of.

Persona 4 Arena is a game where animes fight each other. It is currently the best recent "anime game" which is a meaningless term. Basically animes yelling at each other. It's cool and hip and pretty easy to get into.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a game where dudes punch the crap out of each other. It's a lot harder to follow on a casual level but its a cool and fun game. It also has bears. If you like bears, you should check it out (Persona 4 Arena also has bears for all bear lovers).

Justice: Gods Among Us is a game where Netherrealm attempts to make Guilty Gear with the jank levels of MK9. It is a pretty good game but it's kind of in a weird early spot at the moment. Could be great or could be terrible, time will tell. it's pretty much the most westernized anime game ever made.

Mortal Kombat ain't a bad game y'all! It's kind of an awkward mix between 2d and 3d fighters but it's solid and deep enough. If you like blood and gore and lots of misogyny you might like this game!

Dead or Alive 5 is only good if you really really like breasts. Also a guy named XCaLiburBladeZ won a major in this game so take that for what you will.

King of Fighters XIII owns watch it it owns owns it owns.

Street Fighter Cross Tekken is a game for people who really enjoy rainbow particle effects, slug/human hybrids, and bears again. Also I guess it's a fighting game too. Bear overload.

Now proceed to post things as they happen on a stream.

Shut the heck up about sonic, gaben, nappa and link wrestling each other gosh:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522887
Go here instead thanks.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Dec 6, 2012

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
F U ahfb.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!

Waterbed posted:

King of Fighters XIII owns watch it it owns owns it owns.

These are the most important parts of the thread.

UberChair fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 6, 2012

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
Oh when will my equally weighted loves of bears and breasts find fulfillment in just one game?

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

I choose to believe this is real.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Where's the entry for Playstation All Stars? :colbert:

lazarenth
Mar 28, 2010

Boobs is Fun! posted:

Oh when will my equally weighted loves of bears and breasts find fulfillment in just one game?

Persona 4 technically has both but the breasts are in high school.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

lazarenth posted:

Persona 4 technically has both but the breasts are in high school.

Oh if only there was a beauty pageant costume DLC pack. Wrecking people as Marilyn Monroe Kanji would be soul destroying. Unfortunately there's only Teddie's Alice win pose.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Where's the link to the rivalcade stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/rivalcade

Featuring your favorite NorCal goons: Brosnan, Reckless, Fayk, rivals, and that interrodactyl guy. (gently caress that guy.)

rivalcade features a bunch of arcade cabs and a console setup, where we derp around and talk to goons about how they're free at all FGs. It's owned by rivals.

Here's some of the stuff that rivalcade can stream:

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
AquaPazza
Melty Blood
Arcana Heart 3

Capcom vs SNK 2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Vampire Savior
Super Turbo
Alpha 2
King of Fighters '98

Magical Drop 3
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon SUPER PLUS
Random shmups
Random NeoGeo romhacks
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A tale of bears and breasts, eternally retold...

I'm sad sc5 didn't get a mention. It's kinda fun to play and watch and it feels more beginner friendly to me than tekken (or vf, like anyone plays that game) for getting into 3d fighters.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Roguelike posted:

A tale of bears and breasts, eternally retold...

I'm sad sc5 didn't get a mention. It's kinda fun to play and watch and it feels more beginner friendly to me than tekken (or vf, like anyone plays that game) for getting into 3d fighters.

It's definitely easier to pick up than Tekken, I agree. But the big problem is, a lot of the Soul Calibur fanbase overlaps with the Tekken fanbase... and they generally prefer Tekken as a competitive game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Don't a lot of the SC dudes play DOA too?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Don't a lot of the SC dudes play DOA too?

Does anyone play DOA?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

interrodactyl posted:

Where's the link to the rivalcade stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/rivalcade

Featuring your favorite NorCal goons: Brosnan, Reckless, Fayk, rivals, and that interrodactyl guy. (gently caress that guy.)

By the way, since interro didn't mention it, we get together pretty much every Saturday afternoon/evening (PST) for sessions.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
For anyone that missed Bazza87's Video Game Championship Wrestling stream (in the WWE 2013 engine or something), AVGN and Gamecenter CX's Shinya Arino took the tag team title from Team Fortress. Most notably however was Nappa and Gabe Newell's no holds barred match that actually DESTROYED THE RING. :suspense:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

E-Tap posted:

For anyone that missed Bazza87's Video Game Championship Wrestling stream (in the WWE 2013 engine or something), AVGN and Gamecenter CX's Shinya Arino took the tag team title from Team Fortress. Most notably however was Nappa and Gabe Newell's no holds barred match that actually DESTROYED THE RING. :suspense:

I like that stream but it's not pro fighting games.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
OP, you seem to have forgotten Smash Brothers 3

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Should probably also note that we talk poo poo on IRC and you can join in the shenanigans at #goonsgarden on irc.synirc.net.

We mostly post links to funny pictures, type in all caps during tournament streams, talk about how horrible our respective countries are, lust after Zeipher ;-* and cobble together golden moments for fgquotes

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
lusting after zeipher should be punishable with death by car crusher.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Since when are Ultra David and James Chen rich? And is P4A still dead as poo poo?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Sire Oblivion posted:

Since when are Ultra David and James Chen rich? And is P4A still dead as poo poo?

It's shocking how far the joke has gotten!

It was never dead, but netplay is slowing down lately, specially xbox

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Where can I watch some Skullgirls tournaments? :anime:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Persona 4 Arena will never be dead in my heart.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Waterbed posted:

SSF4AE2012 is a game that I think everyone can understand. It's fun to watch at the highest levels of play and when a lot is on the line.

Except for Guile mirrors.

121 booms >:|

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 6, 2012

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
The Guile Mirror is one of the most thought invoking matches in SF its a straight up battle of intelligence. a dumb guile is a dead guile.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Waterbed posted:

Ladder matches are the pro-est of fights. :colbert:

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Jmcrofts posted:

Does anyone play DOA?
DOA owns, it's my favorite game since Skullgirls (I'm incapable of liking anything that anyone plays, apparently)

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

may contain peanuts posted:

DOA owns, it's my favorite game since Skullgirls (I'm incapable of liking anything that anyone plays, apparently)

There are whole websites you can look at boobies on without having to play the lovely fighting games that come with them.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There are whole websites you can look at boobies on without having to play the lovely fighting games that come with them.
Wow, so rude!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Waterbed posted:

It's got pros and they're fighting, I don't see what the problem is

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
where aquapazza

edit: oh wait interro got my back

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It kinda sucks that Brazil won't have any Brazilian representatives in the 25th Anniversary finals because of consulate stupidity. :( Breno would probably beat a well-known name or two and everyone would go "WAAAAAAAH CAMMY OP".

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dias posted:

It kinda sucks that Brazil won't have any Brazilian representatives in the 25th Anniversary finals because of consulate stupidity. :( Breno would probably beat a well-known name or two and everyone would go "WAAAAAAAH CAMMY OP".

3 Travel Visas denied because video games are not a good reason to leave the country. bullshit. brazil sucks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AkumaHokoru posted:

3 Travel Visas denied because video games are not a good reason to leave the country. bullshit. brazil sucks.

One of them because the dude working at the USA consulate didn't know what "Capcom" was. I mean, really, even if you're not into videogames, a simple google search would tell you Breno wasn't planning on running away to America. Kinda depressing.

...at least we got a Gief in the tournament out of that, I guess. :smith:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Tried hopping on P4A on Live the other day, played the same three people over and over. I love the game, but it's a ghost town. :(

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Almost as crazy as that was the Bowser vs. Ganondorf rematch, with Bowser running a train over the eternal-defending heavyweight champion. Also everyone in chat getting pissed off and Bazza pointing out that their stats and AI routines were the same.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The chat must have exploded when that ring collapsed. Sad I missed it.

Dias posted:

One of them because the dude working at the USA consulate didn't know what "Capcom" was. I mean, really, even if you're not into videogames, a simple google search would tell you Breno wasn't planning on running away to America. Kinda depressing.

...at least we got a Gief in the tournament out of that, I guess. :smith:

It's double bullshit because they what if Capcom had been hiring him or something? You can't just go "I do not know this company." You loving look it up and see if it checks out.

This, on top of the whole sending people from other countries to a different country's qualifier kind of soured me on this tourney, which could have been truly representative of the global community.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

ToastyPotato posted:

The chat must have exploded when that ring collapsed. Sad I missed it.

It's double bullshit because they what if Capcom had been hiring him or something? You can't just go "I do not know this company." You loving look it up and see if it checks out.

This, on top of the whole sending people from other countries to a different country's qualifier kind of soured me on this tourney, which could have been truly representative of the global community.

Yeah, I really thought that was the whole point. Instead we're going to have "every major"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
To be fair, this is the most international competition in one place since, uh, Canada Cup.

The other whole point was to try to keep sfxt relevant which has also failed pretty miserably. Although who knows, maybe Infiltration will lose to Justin Wong's Cody/Elena team.