Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

Super Camper posted:

drat man thats nuts. I hope no ropes were involved in all this.

If only we had implemented the Teal Rope program we could have prevented this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

somewhatpathetic posted:

You're also getting hit with maintenance fees and cleaning fees. What was your contract looking like, if you mind me asking?

Water, electric, gas, cable/Internet.

It's not that I think I'm getting scammed, it's that I know my landlord is supposed to pay the maintenance fees (per my contract), and I wanted to be able to divvy up my utilities myself less what he is supposed to pay, rather than having to show my real estate agent every month so he can tell me. I trust the dude because he's been my agent for 2yrs, but I don't want to have to ask him to do it monthly.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Super Camper posted:

drat man thats nuts. I hope no ropes were involved in all this.

If only the rape ropes had been there to supervise, this would never have happened. :smith:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll be the third to make that joke.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
From a 311th airman: Apparently sgts are contemplating a permanent wingman rule, 314th included. gently caress my life. Sierra Nevada, you're my only friend..

I know it's just hearsay, but holy poo poo.

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
I just started my Farsi course here, goarmy. Badgers, I'm pretty sure we're in the same class, because I'm typing this up on my brand new macbook, courtesy of the Army. Who's your section leader?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Swap anime lists for some sick dvd loan action

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?

Androies posted:

I just started my Farsi course here, goarmy. Badgers, I'm pretty sure we're in the same class, because I'm typing this up on my brand new macbook, courtesy of the Army. Who's your section leader?

Spc Keyes.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

From a 311th airman: Apparently sgts are contemplating a permanent wingman rule, 314th included. gently caress my life. Sierra Nevada, you're my only friend..

I know it's just hearsay, but holy poo poo.

No lol it would never happen. What happens if we fill out a 29b to go to San Fran to visit family? Do we drag a wingman along too?

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
DLI is the only place I've seen the Air Force be treated worse than the Army.

pacheezie
Nov 5, 2005

Dirk Digglet posted:

Oh sweet jesus does it end. Life here at Offutt is beautiful I wouldn't trade it for anything. 314th had the same poo poo happen when I went through; there was underage drinking that led to a squadron-wide curfew and blues every day for two weeks. Just tough it out and take solace in the fact that life as an Air Force linguist is almost universally cushy and it's likely this will be the "worst" part of your enlistment.

That's adorable...you're still at the 338th, aren't you? :3:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Badgers posted:

On the bus from San Fran to Monterey for Farsi. Already approached by sketchy homeless man. California seems OK.

Going by your user name and language, are you by chance ARNG?

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
AF. Heh..

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Godmachine posted:

DLI is the only place I've seen the Air Force be treated worse than the Army.

I second this. People hate on airmen nonstop here. This marine in my class just brings it up every chance he seems to get, though he does sit next to an airman and a slow, good cop/bad cop kind of relationship is starting to bloom. I'm waiting for China to invade and they have to put their differences aside and fight the invaders off together.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
That's because DLI is predominantly boots, and only boots actually think it's cool to hate on other service branches. Nobody with an ounce of true professionalism in the military degrades members of other services based solely upon the branch of service they chose. If they do, then they're a loving oxygen thief.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
I think what you mean to say is that they haven't put in enough time with the other services yet to see just how loving dumb they are. Every branch is loving horrible, and everyone in the military is too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have marine, army, Air Force, and other foriegn navy friends and we all give each other absolute poo poo about their branch of service.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have marine, army, Air Force, and other foriegn navy friends and we all give each other absolute poo poo about their branch of service.

Out of all those you capitalize air force???? c'mon son!!! :-*

Buff Tannen
Oct 25, 2009

I just wanna say one thing...God Bless America

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

We were taught that we are the only service worthy of capitalization. It's in our Airman's Creed...right after "I am my Nation's Sword and Shield".

Seriously...I want to meet the little guy(s) with the Napoleon Complex who has never left the country that came up with that horseshit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

I can't help what my iPad autocorrects.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Good-natured bullshitting with your friends or colleagues is one thing. Actually making GBS threads on someone and meaning it because they're Army/Navy/AF/USMC is childish beyond belief.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
How about some PAGE 42 to go with your breakfast today HUA

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

buttplug posted:

Good-natured bullshitting with your friends or colleagues is one thing. Actually making GBS threads on someone and meaning it because they're Army/Navy/AF/USMC is childish beyond belief.

Trufe, the Air Force is not actually shittier or lazier than the other forces on this base. But gently caress if they aren't still fun to rip on.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
Guess who just had a RIP drop for one of the last Korean Intermediate Courses. Guess who goes on terminal leave in five days. The DOD has a cute sense of humor.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

How about some PAGE 42 to go with your breakfast today HUA

page 42 hua...

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
Hey guys, try not to fail out of class. LOA'd out and my two choices are 11B and 13F.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Gordian posted:

Hey guys, try not to fail out of class. LOA'd out and my two choices are 11B and 13F.

Bomber pilot, eh? Not bad.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

No chance at anything else 35 series? Ouch. If you're in good physical shape 13F sounds like an interesting job. I mean, better than going from DLI to being an 88M or whatever a cook is, no disrespect to them.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

DoktorLoken posted:

No chance at anything else 35 series? Ouch. If you're in good physical shape 13F sounds like an interesting job. I mean, better than going from DLI to being an 88M or whatever a cook is, no disrespect to them.
Probably more interesting than 11B, at any rate. On the other hand, if you end up carrying mortar equipment that pretty much sucks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Gordian posted:

Haha are they seriously going to take someone with a TS and make them either 11B or 13F?

File that one away under fraud, waste and abuse.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Vasudus posted:

Haha are they seriously going to take someone with a TS and make them either 11B or 13F?

File that one away under fraud, waste and abuse.
You can probably assume he doesn't have his TS yet. Not even the Army is that dumb.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

motoeisen posted:

You can probably assume he doesn't have his TS yet. Not even the Army is that dumb.

Someone got just the choice of 11B a few weeks ago and made a fuss about it and ended up with 35S. I'm not sure if that was a fluke or they rather just give him that vs kick him out.

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 9, 2014

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
As a former 11B I would highly suggest that you pick 13F. I am being serious the job and lifestyle are better.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Can confirm that poo poo happens to army here all the time. One of my friends that LOA'd out had a choice between 11B or some parachute packer poo poo. Lucky for him his dad had some contacts and he managed to get 35F instead, but that is the far exception to the rule.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And he didn't go Rigger? That's supply laundry folders with Jump Pay... of course it isn't. Riggers are loving awesome.

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
Also before you think OMG this is such a waste just remember that this is the same Army that after spending all the time and money on training someone in there language giving them a clearance etc. sends them to a place like 4ID where they will never use there language again, and usually don't need a clearance to do the day to day stuff that they do.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
Does anybody know if participation in the Asian I schoolhouse christmas play is mandatory? My class is doing a performance and our teaching team leader is threatening disciplinary counselings for those who dont want to participate.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
I have no idea man, sorry. All I do know is that my curfew is lifted and I am super stoked. Also I heard that the teal rope thing is going to be implemented here, which is awesome cause I'm totally gonna get one.

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.

Gordian posted:

My choices were 35F, 13D, and 31B.

35F was all full at the moment my new mos was being chosen, so they stuck me in artillery. 13F is the better job in artillery, and 13F is the only MOS in artillery to have the opportunity to go airborne and ranger. Something to think about.

Or fight for an intel mos anyway. Go speak with your first sergeant and commander about it. Your new MOS can be changed again, if they have enough time. It happened in Bravo all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

Super Camper posted:

Does anybody know if participation in the Asian I schoolhouse christmas play is mandatory? My class is doing a performance and our teaching team leader is threatening disciplinary counselings for those who dont want to participate.

:laffo: quit being a bitch

• Locked thread