Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Yeah that blends really well.

Much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Cops
Apr 27, 2008

Octopus Magic posted:

Yeah that blends really well.

Much better

combine this with the uncompromising luxury of a 7 series armrest and I think we've got ourselves a winner

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Hot Cops posted:

combine this with the uncompromising luxury of a 7 series armrest and I think we've got ourselves a winner

Wait, unless you get it from a coupe, in which it would be an...8-series?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Geirskogul posted:

Wait, unless you get it from a coupe, in which it would be an...8-series?

What the hell are you doing, BMW.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I can't tell which end is the front :psyduck:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

I can't tell which end is the front :psyduck:

The one that Inspector Gadget ISN'T sitting in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-JHfXVlkik

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yes, some of these are stock. Still ugly as gently caress though.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Those are all awesome.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Wait, does that truck bed still have doors? That can't possibly be a stock body. Can it? I want to hate it as much as I do the Cube but I can't.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
In my sideview...what you can't see is the green Toyota logo on the grille, or the hole cut in the hood slightly right of center. I assume to feed cold air to a short ram, but I don't know where the filter sits on an old Tercel. The roof lights were what originally caught my attention.

It was droning like gently caress too...can't imagine why.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
Too lazy to cut out the excess and fit it properly?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

In my sideview...what you can't see is the green Toyota logo on the grille, or the hole cut in the hood slightly right of center. I assume to feed cold air to a short ram, but I don't know where the filter sits on an old Tercel. The roof lights were what originally caught my attention.

It was droning like gently caress too...can't imagine why.

The roof lights take it from bad to awesome. He's trolling ricers.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
I don't know, I think its the hilariously small wheels that do it for me. Go little Tercel go! :unsmith:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Shamelessly stolen from the funny pictures thread in PYF

I've been seeing more and more cars with this kind of exhaust arrangement, I hope it's not the beginning of some new, horrible fad.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DropShadow posted:

The roof lights take it from bad to awesome. He's trolling ricers.

Ricers, as well as "extreme" pick-up trucks (i.e. massive suspension lift kits, stacks, etc.) I love this car.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Terrible Robot posted:

Shamelessly stolen from the funny pictures thread in PYF

I've been seeing more and more cars with this kind of exhaust arrangement, I hope it's not the beginning of some new, horrible fad.

See, you know that one's a ricer, because the muffler is pointed straight back instead of pointing upward to generate downforce like it should be. The Tercel knows what's up.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Saw this in the company parking lot.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

His V-Tech is exploding out the sides of his car.

Bonus car related item:
"Practice makes perfect". WTF is he practicing? Barrel rolls?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It's good to know you have protection from dragons. Didn't know they were a huge automotive problem, but then again I don't live in Germany. (or Italy)

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Nothing like trolling corvette Owners by defacing a grand sport.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Aurune posted:

His V-Tech is exploding out the sides of his car.

I'm guessing those are plastic stick-ons and not actual holes in the metal. Just like those fake hood scoops that 16 year olds put on their 1.4l shitboxes.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm guessing those are plastic stick-ons and not actual holes in the metal. Just like those fake hood scoops that 16 year olds put on their 1.4l shitboxes.

How'd you guess? You must have really good eyes. The effect is flawless! (the fact they're not quite aligned doesn't help either)

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

_firehawk posted:

Nothing like trolling corvette Owners by defacing a grand sport.

Being the owner of a Corvette and knowing some Corvette guys... he's not trolling.

This is why when people find out I own a Corvette and say "OH you're a Vette guy!" I always reply back with "No, I am not a Corvette guy. I'm a car guy who has a Corvette."

Most people don't seem to understand the difference.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
From NASIOC's auxiliary light thread:

:ohdear:

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Sockington posted:

From NASIOC's auxiliary light thread:

:ohdear:

Well, it is the easiest way. They didn't ask about the smartest way. :supaburn:

Kill-9 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 9, 2012

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Dizman posted:

Being the owner of a Corvette and knowing some Corvette guys... he's not trolling.

This is why when people find out I own a Corvette and say "OH you're a Vette guy!" I always reply back with "No, I am not a Corvette guy. I'm a car guy who has a Corvette."

Most people don't seem to understand the difference.

I went to a Corvette owners club meetings once. Never again. You understand all too well after going to one of those.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My dad traded his '86 Corvette for a JAGUAR XJsomethingsomething because he was tired of other Vette owners (and because my mum wanted a nice car that had more than 2 seats).

Eventually I got the Jaguar which was promptly stolen and we breathed a collective sigh of relief.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
A self-hating thief. It was probably just a suicide by self-immolation disguised as theft.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Das Volk posted:

I went to a Corvette owners club meetings once. Never again. You understand all too well after going to one of those.

Most Corvette guys are insufferable. There's a decent group of guys in Oklahoma of all places, though. I don't think I'll find a group like that here, though.

Dizman
Jun 10, 2004
I'm very dizzy.

Das Volk posted:

Godholio posted:

Most Corvette guys are insufferable. There's a decent group of guys in Oklahoma of all places, though. I don't think I'll find a group like that here, though.

It was the absolute worst. I beat the piss out of my car. I've modified it (headers, cam, exhaust... supercharger soon) and drive it like it's meant to be driven. I've got rock chips on the front, a scratch here and there and it's got 83k miles now and I could care less. The owners I met were astounded that it's "only 10 years old with that many miles." They were also appalled that it had rock chips and I kept it outside. Many of them also thought it was insane that a 25 year old could afford a 10 year old Corvette and insisted it must have been my dad that bought it.

There was one guy who had an 1989 C4 that only had like 10k miles on it, who was a huge prick. He kept telling one guy that said he had a '1983' Corvette, that there was no real 1983 Corvette and they were all just 1982 C3's that were carried over and then in 1984 the C4 came out. I chimed in that there were actually eleven 1983 C4s, ten of which were destroyed and one is still alive in the Bowling Green Corvette Museum. He called me a insufferable twerp and told me to get lost. I was actively involved in the conversation the entire time and I wasn't calling him out and being an rear end in a top hat, but he took it as a huge insult.

I walked back to my car to get a pack of smokes and that's when I noticed most of the cars had chrome tail lamp covers, chrome exhaust plates between the mufflers, fake spoilers, port holes, fake caliper covers that stuck out 3" past the rotor on each side, people making the argument of why they bought a C6 Z06 over a Ferrari because the price for performance was un-matched (sorry bitch, the only reason you bought a Corvette and not a Ferrari, is because you couldn't afford a Ferrari) and I couldn't take it any more. I lasted 45 minutes. I left and never looked back and never wanted to be associated with those people ever again. After that experience is when I started telling people I am a car guy who owns a Corvette, not a Corvette guy.

Luckily there is a SMALL group of actual car guys who own Corvettes out here who hate the typical Corvette guy. They've all modified their cars extensively, and include all types of cars in the meets they have. I enjoy hanging out with them but never ever ever will I go to an all Corvette meet ever again.

Edit: SPEEELING

Dizman fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 9, 2012

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dizman posted:

Luckily there is a SMALL group of actual car guys who own Corvettes out here who hate the typical Corvette guy. They've all modified their cars extensively, and include all types of cars in the meets they have. I enjoy hanging out with them but never ever ever will I go to an all Corvette meet ever again.

That's how this other group was. A bunch of guys who enjoyed working on their cars, and enough who knew what they were doing to help those who didn't. It was just a cool car group who all happened to own Corvettes. Hell, they'd show up to meets in their other vehicles sometimes and nobody cared.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm suddenly really glad that the only person I know that owns a 'vette is a swell guy that used to take his C5 to SCCA events and run the poo poo out of it (even has a few 3rd and 2nd place trophies). He takes ridiculously good care of it but had no problem driving it balls out on a track, at least until he got too old to feel safe doing it.

Now that I think about it, he has said before that other Corvette owners piss him off to no end because most are loving insufferably smug pricks that wipe their cars with diapers.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
The only Corvette owner I know owns a 2000 convertible (Bought in 2002 or 2003) and sports a Corvette logo tattoo across his shoulders. I don't have a photo of it but it goes well with his mullet.

Edit: Automatic.

Faerunner fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 9, 2012

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I want a Corvette.

Going to get that paint job and do donuts in my old high school parking lot while blasting born in the usa.

EDIT:I forgot, I'm in texas so blasting music from someone from new jersey is a bad form.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 9, 2012

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

We're all proud to bean, dude.. Like Some Texas Redneck.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Dizman posted:

(sorry bitch, the only reason you bought a Corvette and not a Ferrari, is because you couldn't afford a Ferrari)

To be fair, I wouldn't buy a Ferrari even if I had the money. I don't really like luxuries in cars and I prefer having a Corvette because it's not worth a lot so you don't mind driving it like you hate it. I also got mine back when I was 25 but it didn't take much internet searching to realize I don't need to be going to the local Corvette meets with a bunch of 60 year old dudes.

Terrible Robot posted:

Now that I think about it, he has said before that other Corvette owners piss him off to no end because most are loving insufferably smug pricks that wipe their cars with diapers.

I've heard that a few times but I honestly don't know if it's hyperbole or not. Are (unused) diapers actually a good thing to rub a car with? If so, is that what you use to... dry it? or wax it?

davebo fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 10, 2012

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I don't understand this at all. If anything a Corvette should be the ultimate self-depreciating car guy car? It goes fast and handles well for not a lot of money and is just middle American values on wheels.

They start at like what $45k? That's BMW-3-series-with-leather money, what is there to be an insufferable prick *about*? Are these people just sill thinking in 1983 dollars?

I really want a Viper one day, and there are enough Viper owners in my town to actually have a club where they go on cruises and poo poo. I wonder what their meets are like? Presumably the people who are bad drivers/insufferable are all killed in no-ABS-no-ETC crashes/set on fire by the exhaust early in their ownership.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I dunno, I've always considered the dudes who go around to parking lots with their hood up and a folding chair to be the most boring, insufferable guys, be they import tooners, corvette owners, or british car owners.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

I dunno, I've always considered the dudes who go around to parking lots with their hood up and a folding chair to be the most boring, insufferable guys, be they import tooners, corvette owners, or british car owners.

This type of person seems to be highly correlated with those who don't actually DRIVE their cars much, possibly even to the point of trailer queening something that is hardly worth it (like so many 356 guys I've had the misfortune to run into).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't understand this at all. If anything a Corvette should be the ultimate self-depreciating car guy car? It goes fast and handles well for not a lot of money and is just middle American values on wheels.

They start at like what $45k? That's BMW-3-series-with-leather money, what is there to be an insufferable prick *about*? Are these people just sill thinking in 1983 dollars?

A lot of them are dumb enough to think their C5/C6 is going to be as collectable as a C1/C2. So they have some kind of a smug fygm mentality...then there's the crowd that thinks these cars need a ton of chrome trim and gaudy loving wheels, but they're smug about whatever shitheap car they've done the same mods to since high school.

gently caress those guys. I didn't buy a paperweight, I drive the hell out of my C2.