Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

projecthalaxy posted:

Personally I am just shocked that even this comic, the last bastion of the TRUE 90s KID GEEK, has been stolen and ruined just like everything else in my life by these HIPSTER JOCKS. You already stole high school from me, can't I just have this comic :qq:

Is this the Dominic Deegan thread now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I wonder if we'll ever see any reincarnated trolls. Of course, except for Demaro, all currently known necromancers are troll fighters, and most trolls are more henchmen than anything, but I'd love to see some of the first trolls rise from their graves to fight Tails.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

horriblePencilist posted:

I wonder if we'll ever see any reincarnated trolls. Of course, except for Demaro, all currently known necromancers are troll fighters, and most trolls are more henchmen than anything, but I'd love to see some of the first trolls rise from their graves to fight Tails.

Garry's head is still intact. There's a chance Demaro might use him in the fight against Coyote, seeing all the damage he did to Demaro, it would work greatly in his favor. Though I don't know if Garry's lack of soul would affect his body to be necromanced in any way. Coyote, Tom, or Sylvester could also take Garry, they were spying on them for some time so maybe they saw Garry in combat?

scarycave fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 10, 2012

produce
Apr 1, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Sorry I happen to be interested in different things than you. Next time you can win the contest.
What? I have an interest in football. That's not what my complaint was about.

I just think having a guy who throws a football hella hard is not particularly interesting within the context of TGT. We've been privy to a torrent of creativity from the man LB, and I was hoping for a cameo character who would reflect that boundless imagination. I mean the fan favorite, Rob, is an earless dragonborn who can yell so loud as to destroy matter and grabs electricity out of walls. Even the licensed characters like Fudd have strange powers that are totally out of left field.

And what do we introduce to this universe? Football guy.

I'm not mad, because it's still probably going to be pretty good. But the character idea does seem a little phoned in. Sorry :shobon:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

produce posted:

I just think having a guy who throws a football hella hard is not particularly interesting within the context of TGT. We've been privy to a torrent of creativity from the man LB, and I was hoping for a cameo character who would reflect that boundless imagination. I mean the fan favorite, Rob, is an earless dragonborn who can yell so loud as to destroy matter and grabs electricity out of walls. Even the licensed characters like Fudd have strange powers that are totally out of left field.

I'm not mad, because it's still probably going to be pretty good. But the character idea does seem a little phoned in. Sorry :shobon:

Keep in mind, Rob's original "power" was simply having no ears. Anything can work in TGT, including Football Guy.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Breadallelogram posted:

Keep in mind, Rob's original "power" was simply having no ears. Anything can work in TGT, including Football Guy.

That loving dragonborn reveal. :xd:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Breadallelogram posted:

Practically every character (save for the Defenders some Neutrals and others) started at square one. Granted, most of these characters already have a predefined powerset, but the really ridiculous stuff gets added during the course of the story. Maybe foot ball guy gets covered in TMNT-ooze and turns into a literal foot ball guy.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Having a semi-blank slate for lazerbot to build on is way preferable to some dumb SA meme or a too-clever goon trying to out-lazerbot the master. I'd never heard of this person before Febreeze posted him, but I'm glad he won.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Greggy posted:

Having a semi-blank slate for lazerbot to build on is way preferable to some dumb SA meme or a too-clever goon trying to out-lazerbot the master. I'd never heard of this person before Febreeze posted him, but I'm glad he won.

Yeah, the other winner posted a pretty reasonable character as well. I don't know what a mary sue-character in TGT would look like, but I don't intend to find out.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

horriblePencilist posted:

Yeah, the other winner posted a pretty reasonable character as well. I don't know what a mary sue-character in TGT would look like, but I don't intend to find out.

We already have Demaro for that

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

produce posted:

Thank you for this great opinion, sperglord, but I'm sure LB is perfectly fine with it. It fits in perfectly with the randomness of this comic.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I think having a professional foot-ball player appear out of nowhere would strangely fit in the comic. We've had canans, concerts, dbz aliens, baby snipers, so why not a football player?

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
This comic somehow made Silver the hedgehog a character you could give two shits about

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ClownSyndrome posted:

This comic somehow made Silver the hedgehog a character you could give two shits about

What? Silver was an amazing character! There was that thing with the Ibwis, and the Ibwis trigger, and the Ibwis! How could you even say that! He had the best development evar! Baka - Desu - Chan - pomf - NOI!

My god he was so god drat whiny and trunks. :negative:

There is only three likable characters in that game, the soundtrack, this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxyAUjIWZ50, and this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Q06KX06QM

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
Lazerbot produces golden material on his own, let's not gently caress it up by attempting to be like him.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
This threads been so slow lately...my pill is starting to reach room temperature.
Wonder if Lazy has finals too?

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

scarycave posted:

This threads been so slow lately...my pill is starting to reach room temperature.
Wonder if Lazy has finals too?

He is supposedly 20, so it wouldn't surprise me. Keep that pill :chillpill:.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

It looks like we may face more delays, because Lazerbot's laptop charger is broken. :(

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Y'all gotta learn the fine art of patience...

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Just pretend all the characters are doing Dragon Ball Z-esque powerups in the downtime and we aren't really missing anything

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Just pretend all the characters are doing Dragon Ball Z-esque powerups in the downtime and we aren't really missing anything

Yeah, except Tails Gets Trolled is nothing like Dragon Ball Z. :colbert:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Febreeze posted:

lazerbot posted:

https://www.facebook.com/TailsGetsTrolled/posts/393720627328661

hello i like all you my fans but there is one thing thats getting on my nervs and confusing me a bit. why is everyone conparing my comic to dragonballz this comic is nothing like dbz . my tails gets troll comic is nothing like dbz. none of it really. how is this like dbz i ask? the fight's are far from dbz fights so i dont get how this is anything related to dbz becides the little things that i use from dbz like the dragonballs but thats the only thing that's dbz related to this comic.. i dont get how you guys think its like dbz? i mean the story and the fighting on tailgetstroll TGT is nothing like dbz.

Clearly an unfair comparison to be making there, Febreeze. :colbert:

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Just powered through this thread and I gotta say, lazerbot has some amazing malapropisms. The three that stuck in my mind were:

"a working progress" (said by lazerbot about the storyline -- though I think I recall a character saying this at one point too)

Hello Kitty saying she'd tell Spyro's [?] backstory, since it was "relevantly short"

and the fact that the Neutrals lives are "traumatically shorten" when they use they powers while feeling emotion.

I mean, if they had been intentional word play they'd be as good as Shakespeare. Still, as is they all have a charming double meaning.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

azurite posted:

It looks like we may face more delays, because Lazerbot's laptop charger is broken. :(

If he were to set up a Paypal account, he'd recieve more money than Tim Buckley.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

azurite posted:

He even posted a picture. At least all his comics are still safe.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

BiggerJ posted:

If he were to set up a Paypal account, he'd recieve more money than Tim Buckley.

I think I just had a vision of the sum: $15,020

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

azurite posted:

I think I just had a vision of the sum: $15,020

$7120115

(That kind of looks like "TROLLS" right?)

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

The MSJ posted:

He even posted a picture. At least all his comics are still safe.

Reminds me of a horror movie, like the killers shadow is looming over the phone wire he just cut.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Isn't this the second time his laptop charger broke? or was it his mouse.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
It was a mouse before.

No idea how you use a charger cable that hard though. Making this comic must be a seriously intense process!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have a mental image of him and his brother yelling long unpunctuated soliloquies about life and love at each other while they beat the crap out of each other with their laptops.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Welp. I wasted way too much time on this. I really need to get working on my school stuff. The quality is really terrible, Fraps seems to really hate gamemaker....
the game play is actually twice as fast as it is in the video.
why fraps, why? :negative:
[link removed on seven counts of manslaughter - DO NOT WATCH]

//Edit//
Oh snap, my first time ever getting disliked on youtube ever! :allears:
I better react accordingly!

I've been dying to use that as a response to something. I think it would make an excellent smilie emote.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 12, 2012

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I thought about making a Tails gets trolled game, but the best idea I could come up with would be a Toejam and Earl clone where you played as Shadow and Knuckles, wandering around and getting high

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Okay, redid the video so you can actually see it now and fixed up some of the sprites. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-qQB6OeZM
Sorry if I caused any eye problems.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 12, 2012

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm thinking a classic JRPG would be amazing for TGT.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

ToastyPotato posted:

Knuckles used Smart Weed.
Knuckles' INT increased by 10.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

ToastyPotato posted:

I'd play it.

(I have awful taste.)

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

ToastyPotato posted:

Someone is opening up RPG Maker and working on sprites as we speak.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

Someone is opening up RPG Maker and working on sprites as we speak.

I don't know what your talking about. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Assassins Plotted to Castrate and Murder Justen Bever

life imitates art??