Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

I have gotten myself into something I don't know how to get out of :stare:

Close your eyes and take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
Fortunately it's not the real Goldust! The real one would be more likely to block you.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Jim Ross posted:

Bells palsy. :) @ZipSquad_JihaD: @JRsBBQ How could you keep a straight face announcing these awful #BrawlForAll segments? JihaD

:drat:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

So Dusty is doing a Colonel Kurtz gimmick now? I can get behind that.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Price Check posted:

So Dusty is doing a Colonel Kurtz gimmick now? I can get behind that.

"now"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNEzKEgIud4

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

How the hell am I going to watch Raw now without being bummed out that it won't be 1% as good as that?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@WWEAJLee posted:

New Jersey Screw Job

@JohnCena posted:

I would have called it NJ intimate time, but to each their own

:drat:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My favourite twitter account.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I thought this was the best recent one:

Indies Wrestler posted:

Had 23 friends and family chanting for me, even during other people's matches, now apparently I have heat? Didn't they hear how over I was?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like:

Indies Wrestler posted:

I need a new ring name. What adjectives haven't been combined with Dragon yet?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Avuncular

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fetch me some tacky vinyl trousers, and a mask off Highspots, I'm going to become Avuncular Dragon.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Here's a really dumb tweet, if you think about, from Mike Bennett that other wrestlers, like TJP have retweeted:

Oh I guess TJP replied to me when I pointed out that's exactly what a movie critic does.

TJP posted:

I don't really care, I don't read about wrestling. Although I'm pretty sure no one cares about movie critics.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 12, 2012

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Here's a really dumb tweet, if you think about, from Mike Bennett that other wrestlers, like TJP have retweeted:

Oh I guess TJP replied to me when I pointed out that's exactly what a movie critic does.

Never liked that line of reasoning. By saying that people shouldn't judge the performances that someone puts on without first being in the same field as that person there is no reason to put on a good wrestling match/Film/Song etc because gently caress the audience, they have no right to judge what is good or not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love it when wrestlers or musicians or whoever pull out that ridiculous "you've never done it so you can't judge" logic. As if they actually want me to believe they either have never judged any professional at something they are an amateur at best at, or that they're all prodigies perfect at everything so they can judge what they wish. It's such idiotic logic it makes me laugh.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

TJP. Cared about more than Roger Ebert.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Wrestlers never read about wrestling but they always know what is going on in the wrestling business, even about guys wrestling on the other side of the world.

The whole "you can only be in our industry to have an opinion" thing has always pissed me off. Because if it was Bret Hart critiquing their matches, they'd just modify it to, "Bret isn't an active wrestler to understand the business today" and if it was Austin Aries, it'd be all about how he's just an rear end in a top hat with an axe to grind. Any excuse to never have to look at themselves critically.

Paper Jam Dipper fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 12, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that people who haven't done something cannot have a valid opinion of something is ridiculous, however...

There is something to be said that the best judge of a worker is the guys in the back, who they think is good and who they most want to work with.

Likewise, talented filmmakers usually know another talented filmmaker, they are inspired by the greats, etc.

(At the same time many don't give a poo poo and are completely ignorant of their profession.)

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Never liked that line of reasoning. By saying that people shouldn't judge the performances that someone puts on without first being in the same field as that person there is no reason to put on a good wrestling match/Film/Song etc because gently caress the audience, they have no right to judge what is good or not.

It's what all the lovely wrestlers from the 80's say to try to discredit Meltzer (and others.)

Honky Tonk Man loves to talk poo poo about him in any shoot video he can.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The Justin Roberts episode of Colt Cabana's podcast actually touches on that a little bit.

He talks about how wrestlers would ask him about stuff and his opinion on matches and he would always stress that everything he said was just as a fan because he had no other basis on which to make any judgement.

Which you know, is something that wrestler should probably also keep in mind. When some random guy says something about your match, it is always a fan perspective and after all, the fans are the ultimate arbiter of what is good and what isn't.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So does that mean Mike Bennett considers himself to be the Al Pacino of the wrestling world? That's pretty bold.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Memento1979 posted:

So does that mean Mike Bennett considers himself to be the Al Pacino of the wrestling world? That's pretty bold.

Hey, if you forget everything he did before 93, it still comes off as unwarranted narcissism.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MrBling posted:

The Justin Roberts episode of Colt Cabana's podcast actually touches on that a little bit.

He talks about how wrestlers would ask him about stuff and his opinion on matches and he would always stress that everything he said was just as a fan because he had no other basis on which to make any judgement.

Which you know, is something that wrestler should probably also keep in mind. When some random guy says something about your match, it is always a fan perspective and after all, the fans are the ultimate arbiter of what is good and what isn't.

Pretty much that bit, you can have your match praised and be told "haters gonna hate" by as many fellow wrestlers on Twitter as you like but they're not the ones who're going to stop buying tickets if you're consistently having boring loving matches.

See: Eddie Kingston

I remember William Regal on AoW as well saying wrestling was the only thing in the world where people showed their love for it by going out and doing it badly. Because there've never been any bad bands or amateur moviemakers. It just makes the fans feel excluded which is really the complete opposite of what Twitter should be for. Besides if people were telling them 100% they were having golden Misawa level ***** matches they'd be trumpeting about how the fans always know best.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
Back to twitter, Yoshi Tatsu is using the #Japanese1MB and #NeverGiveUp hashtags, and it's the most adorable thing. :3:

Specifically it took him about 3 days to get his tout to link to his twitter, and every post he made about having not figured it out yet included #NeverGiveUp.

Yoshi is the new John Cena.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'd buy it more coming from him.

I mean look at him.

(Speaking of which, I wish he'd go back to the half-face-paint. It made him look like Baby Muta.)

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

VogeGandire posted:

I'd buy it more coming from him.

I mean look at him.

(Speaking of which, I wish he'd go back to the half-face-paint. It made him look like Baby Muta.)

I like to picture Yoshi flubbing his entire day with rugged determination.

Push a door that says "Pull"? #NeverGiveUp
Sat down and missed the chair? #NeverGiveUp
Poured milk in your cereal before noticing it's sour? #NeverGiveUp

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

wat

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ha Ricardo made a seperate account for El Local
https://twitter.com/ChimaerasRage

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

achillesforever6 posted:

Ha Ricardo made a seperate account for El Local
https://twitter.com/ChimaerasRage

And Ricardo hates him more than anyone else! It's pretty great.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I kinda hope they don't move El Local up to SD or Raw. He'd make a cool "final boss" for SMS.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

VogeGandire posted:

I kinda hope they don't move El Local up to SD or Raw. He'd make a cool "final boss" for SMS.

But he already lost to Sin Cara!

I would be ok with him being the new "mystery opponent" for the rest of time. He never has a plot or story, just appears whenever Teddy Long creates a tag match.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, that's what I mean. Like the resident SMS wildcard. "Oh, you don't have a match? WELL YOU'LL BE FACING EL LOCAL"

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
When I heard the name, I thought it was gonna actually be a really bad name for "lucha dressed like local sports team" no matter what city.

I was disappointed, and then excited again to see who it actually was. :3

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRayPer posted:

The idea that people who haven't done something cannot have a valid opinion of something is ridiculous, however...

There is something to be said that the best judge of a worker is the guys in the back, who they think is good and who they most want to work with.

Likewise, talented filmmakers usually know another talented filmmaker, they are inspired by the greats, etc.

(At the same time many don't give a poo poo and are completely ignorant of their profession.)

Of course intimate familiarity with a subject and real knowledge will help in a critique of anything. Whether its wrestling, music, filmmaking, politics, or whatever your peers will understand things about your performance that others don't. On the other hand you also lose a lot of objectivity in this process, especially in the case of something like wrestling where there's clearly a "fraternity" in play.

But that's not what's happening here. If I think a match sucks and then a wrestler says "What you don't realize is what happened there. Let me make the case for why the match was better than your first impression." Then I'd listen because I respect the fact that others have insight I don't possess. But comments like Bennett's aren't about that, they're about dismissing critics entirely because its easier to live in the bubble. The fact that its an attack on the very people who spend money to see him just makes it worst.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

"Step away from the keyboard Mr Rotten!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I watch these promoters who keep running wrestling shows & ripping off the fans & boys with how cheap they are. Stop stealing from everyone.

e: Wrong Rotten.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 13, 2012

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Pretty strong words from a guy who sold weed out of the Taco Bell drive thru window.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

nasboat posted:

Pretty strong words from a guy who sold weed out of the Taco Bell drive thru window.

Wasn't that Ian? What promotion does Axl run anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Thauros posted:

Wasn't that Ian? What promotion does Axl run anyway?

poo poo I got my Rottens mixed up. Oh well, there's a chance Axl could've done it too!