Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Poing posted:

I honestly can't believe that people are proud of running a half marathon.

There aren't enough smugface smileys in the world for this.

CommieGIR posted:

That frame...:psyduck:

Its okay, the frame was likely all rotted out to begin with, they were just replacing rotten metal with.....giant pieces of scrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Poing posted:

That's some Vitamin J poo poo in the front.
It's easy to see who's been to the mudhole/Walmart/Big Jim's Rib Night Spectacular and who hasn't.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

bidikyoopi posted:

Let's just cut to the chase and say all stickers of any kind, legit or not, are lame. Do whatever you want to your car, but don't think that just because you actually ran a marathon or drove on a road it makes you less lame. If you want to start a conversation, use words.

So you have a problem with my free "Nothing beats beef" sticker I got from the counter at the butcher? Or the Hello Kitty Pez sticker on the dash (which through coincidence matches the fuzzy blue Hello Kitty seat covers). What. I'm allowed to. Not my seat covers anyway.

Oh or the Fuckenbroken sticker on the VW?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I think it's more of the "My kid is better than your kid" mentality that pisses me off about bumper stickers.

That and the "I have opinions about things" stickers. I need a fuckenbroken sticker for the bug.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

veedubfreak posted:

I think it's more of the "My kid is better than your kid" mentality that pisses me off about bumper stickers.

That and the "I have opinions about things" stickers. I need a fuckenbroken sticker for the bug.

I have a Darwinfish.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I put my stickers on my kegerator.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I was torn on whether this goes in awesome or terrible. I chose this.

A russian rotary. What could possibly go wrong?

Rehosted on imgur. Stolen from here

I was just looking for the viking ship logo when I found that.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Note: the color in this picture is fine, that's just rust from the factory.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

este posted:

Note: the color in this picture is fine, that's just rust from the factory.

Cosmoline, like anything Russian

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

I have a Darwinfish.

I have a hellaslow sticker on my cr-z :unsmith:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

General_Failure posted:

I was torn on whether this goes in awesome or terrible. I chose this.

A russian rotary. What could possibly go wrong?

That's the first I've seen a picture of it. Those things went in cars destined for the internal security forces, I think. The GAZ-24's got 5.5 V8's for the Militsia and MGB/MVD/KGB/OMGWTF! Can you imagine how a Volga handles with that anchor in the front?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

General_Failure posted:

So you have a problem with my free "Nothing beats beef" sticker I got from the counter at the butcher? Or the Hello Kitty Pez sticker on the dash (which through coincidence matches the fuzzy blue Hello Kitty seat covers). What. I'm allowed to. Not my seat covers anyway.

I demand you appreciate the bitching metal Concourse D'Elegance badge on my Hyundai Accent.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

General_Failure posted:

No; it's your car and your stickers so go nuts. Just don't get uppity at other people with stickers.

STICKER DERAIL OVER

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

madeintaipei posted:

That's the first I've seen a picture of it. Those things went in cars destined for the internal security forces, I think. The GAZ-24's got 5.5 V8's for the Militsia and MGB/MVD/KGB/OMGWTF! Can you imagine how a Volga handles with that anchor in the front?

I can't imagine how badly an MGB with a Russian v8 would handle. I'd like to find out though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

I can't imagine how badly an MGB with a Russian v8 would handle. I'd like to find out though.
Probably no worse than with a cast-iron straight six in it. That added more than 200lbs for the C vs the B.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

True, though I'm told the c with a light weight engine (Vauxhall 1.6 16v I think) they're a better car than the b by far.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
This is it, the search is over. This truly is the worst thing that can be done to a Miata.

Click the image above for a whole album! See how far you can make it without giving in to the desire to drink yourself blind drunk.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
I'm 7 years old and thats loving cool.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

trouser chili posted:

This is it, the search is over. This truly is the worst thing that can be done to a Miata.

Click the image above for a whole album! See how far you can make it without giving in to the desire to drink yourself blind drunk.

Someones Hot Wheels collection came to life.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

i want to puke

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

trouser chili posted:

Madre la dios :stare:

Are you happy with what you've found, thread, are you happy

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Madre la dios :stare:

Are you happy with what you've found, thread, are you happy

Has Snorkelstang been posted yet?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

i want to puke

Ran out of puke :(

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
There's a Miata under that?!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Kenshin posted:

There's a Miata under that?!

I want to see under the hood.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I want to see under the hood.
There's another Miata under there.

Ok, watched the Pacific Rim trailer, and while a Figaro didn't seem out of context here:

Is that a Ford Ka? In California?

I guess it's sourced from one of the South American markets. I mean, trans-dimensional portals, 300' tall monsters and mecha are one thing, but a non-CARB compliant vehicle in San Francisco?

I'm not the only one who does this, right? Right? :ohdear:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

InitialDave posted:

Caprica (a Battlestar Galactica spin-off) has an interesting mix of cars - classic Citroens, 80s Mercedes-Benz and then a bunch of Japanese market stuff like Nissan Figaro/Paos and 4WD Mitsubishi Delica vans

The only thing they really share is they all look much different to your typical modern car

Aureus
Nov 20, 2006

trouser chili posted:

I would drive this. I don't care that its terrible. I would drive this. ( I'd never pay for it though ).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

trouser chili posted:

This...this car is something that would actually benefit from the touch of Xzibit. I didn't think that something could actually come out of WCC better than it entered, but we have a contender.

That being said, I would drive it every day to work as a beater, and just let it kind of deteriorate like a daily driver does. I don't know why, but I think it would be :krad:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
All that fuckin picture is missing is the I.AM.AUTO watermark in the corner

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The doors are really throwing me for a loop. They're a mile wide and obviously heavily modified... and yet the NA Miata doorhandles remain :psypop:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

IOwnCalculus posted:

The doors are really throwing me for a loop. They're a mile wide and obviously heavily modified... and yet the NA Miata doorhandles remain :psypop:

Why mess with perfection?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

InitialDave posted:

There's another Miata under there.

Ok, watched the Pacific Rim trailer, and while a Figaro didn't seem out of context here:

Is that a Ford Ka? In California?

I guess it's sourced from one of the South American markets. I mean, trans-dimensional portals, 300' tall monsters and mecha are one thing, but a non-CARB compliant vehicle in San Francisco?

They're fairly common in Mexico, it could just be the car of a Mexican national working in the US, not common but not implausible.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Throatwarbler posted:

They're fairly common in Mexico, it could just be the car of a Mexican national working in the US, not common but not implausible.

I've seen a Ka here in Texas. Didn't have american plates though.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

blugu64 posted:

I've seen a Ka here in Texas. Didn't have american plates though.

Probably don't need it depending on how long the guy is staying in the country. In Texas he could just be over for a day or 2 and is probably fine, there are foreigners with moon cars here long term who get local plates because they have local insurance and whatnot.

Remember your plates are issued by your state and are unrelated to the Federal government's policies on international trade in automobiles.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Does Pacific Rim take place in the near future? It could be they just plonked in a Ka because it's unknown to most Americans and looks small and futurey.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JaysonAych posted:

Does Pacific Rim take place in the near future? It could be they just plonked in a Ka because it's unknown to most Americans and looks small and futurey.

Probably. Just like in Looper where the streets seemed to be filled with 90s Daewoos with plastic poo poo stuck to them.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This is terrible, happened to a friend.

Who steals stock wheels in a middle class suburb?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

This is terrible, happened to a friend.

Who steals stock wheels in a middle class suburb?

middle class teenagers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
at least they put it on blocks first and they even oriented them in the right direction!