Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
I'm up for whatever, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Sharp_angus posted:

I'm up for whatever, really.

Ditto (or whatever gets me the most Penguins)

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
Give me Capitals or give me death

Please don't kill me

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Alright, that gives us a simple majority. Unless there are dire objections, the larger break will be 1x Case 2011-12 Panini Contenders and 1x box Panini Prime. Something else will be included, just not sure yet. IT IS A SURPRISE.

And my surprises are good. Just ask Sharp_Angus. Lucky bastard.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

darkwolf220 posted:

Alright, that gives us a simple majority. Unless there are dire objections, the larger break will be 1x Case 2011-12 Panini Contenders and 1x box Panini Prime. Something else will be included, just not sure yet. IT IS A SURPRISE.

And my surprises are good. Just ask Sharp_Angus. Lucky bastard.

Always bet on DukeToronto :dukedog:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Sweet! Prime!

oh and my cards came today~
I may as well come up to the breaks with how close communist kangaroo and I live. then again there is the ~online experience~

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I'm excited about Prime! I hope we fill those spots!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

It has been a while since I updated everyone on my Rundblad collection and December has been a big month so..

Pinnacle Ice Breakers rookie auto, Heirs Prime /50 and Black Diamond rookie gold /10

Dominion patch/plate (yellow) 1/1, Titanium Home Sweaters auto dual patch /10

The Cup spectrum rookie /2, The Cup rookie black 1/1

Not a bad month so far :)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

It has been a while since I updated everyone on my Rundblad collection and December has been a big month so..

Pinnacle Ice Breakers rookie auto, Heirs Prime /50 and Black Diamond rookie gold /10

Dominion patch/plate (yellow) 1/1, Titanium Home Sweaters auto dual patch /10

The Cup spectrum rookie /2, The Cup rookie black 1/1

Not a bad month so far :)

Do you have a Crown Royale Silhouettes of Rundblad? It's in an Ottawa uniform, but I've got one that I'm going to put on eBay soon.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Do you have a Crown Royale Silhouettes of Rundblad? It's in an Ottawa uniform, but I've got one that I'm going to put on eBay soon.

I have /99, but not /25

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Got bored and bought a UDS1 tin at Target. Hit an UD Canvas Ovechkin and a Silver Skates Gold of Thomas Vanek (1:288 hit) Not bad.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Got bored and bought a UDS1 tin at Target. Hit an UD Canvas Ovechkin and a Silver Skates Gold of Thomas Vanek (1:288 hit) Not bad.

What do the Silver Skates cards feel like? Anything particularly unique about them?

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

I got a box of 2011-12 Pinnacle this week, my hits were a Mika Zibanejad Ice Breakers Autograph, a Marc-Andre Fleury Game Night Jersey card, Joe Thornton Threads, Alex Ovechkin Canvas Creation, and a James Reimer Revolution card. Pretty okay box!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I got a Wayne Gretzsky Silver Skates insert in a pack of those last week. Didn't feel any different to me, maybe a little more glossy. (Mine wasn't gold)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Silver skates are very glossy (think the High Gloss parallels) but not on unique stock. The Gretz one is probably shortprint. Look at the number, SS31-SS40 are short printed by a factor of 10, so a nice hit.

Also that is a pretty kickass box of Pinnacle, Revolution inserts are 1-2 per case, Ice Breakers rookie autos are also 1-2 per case. Good show.

Torgo2727
Oct 24, 2004
Taking Care of the Place While the Master Is Away
Hi Darkwolf, Count me in for a January spot!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Torgo2727 posted:

Hi Darkwolf, Count me in for a January spot!

Is he new?! DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE ONE AWAY FROM SECRET ASHEKABAN SURPRISE FOR EVERYBODY.

Wolf, email me, lets talk, we have some discussions to go on via secret surprise. or if your on blogger, we can blogchat.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Silver skates are very glossy (think the High Gloss parallels) but not on unique stock. The Gretz one is probably shortprint. Look at the number, SS31-SS40 are short printed by a factor of 10, so a nice hit.

Also that is a pretty kickass box of Pinnacle, Revolution inserts are 1-2 per case, Ice Breakers rookie autos are also 1-2 per case. Good show.

Yeah its #SS33 Yay, I finally got something cool!

edit: Looks like one has already sold on ebay for $25. Not bad for a 3 dollar impulse buy.

anotherblownsave fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 15, 2012

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Apparently you can't attach an image to a post you've already made. Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to post the card because I feel pretty good about it now :)Even though its not half as good as 99.999% of the cards posted here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Just because it is not worth epic bucks doesn't make it not an awesome pull. That is essentially a case hit and the value is 8x what you paid out. That is pretty solid. Congrats man :cool:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I'm excited to open some hockey cards with ya'll! Fun question. What's the most you ever payed for a single card?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

thompson posted:

I'm excited to open some hockey cards with ya'll! Fun question. What's the most you ever payed for a single card?

I paid like $90 for a Sidney Crosby jersey/auto on eBay. I also got a hard-signed Evgeni Malkin auto for $50 at a show. It drops way off from there. I collect for myself and not to invest or sell so I don't go that big. I have spent around $200 on game-worn jerseys (the whole thing, not cards) of guys who are only important to me, though.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I spent more on Tyler Weiman's 07-08 Cup rookie black 1/1 than I did on his actual GU jersey. I'm ashamed to say how much.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I've spent 300$ on a game worn jersey of one of my favorite local OHL players.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Erik-Gudbran...=item1c2c6ad77f

Is probably the most i've payed for an individual card. However there has been some where I've give up more than that in trade value.

Frobocop
May 25, 2004

God Bless America!
If ya'll still need someone for the break, I'll join. I've never done one before so it might be fun.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Frobocop posted:

If ya'll still need someone for the break, I'll join. I've never done one before so it might be fun.

Annnnnnnnnnnd does this put is in surprise territory!?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Annnnnnnnnnnd does this put is in surprise territory!?

It indeed does! It also puts us just one lonely spot away from fullness. Lets see if Ashe puts his money where his mouth is (incoming All-Goalies case :smith: )

As for hockey cards and $$, the most I have spent on a single card is $200. Twice. Both the 1/1 Rundblad black Cup rookie and the 1/2 Rundblad spectrum Cup rookie cost me $200. I could see myself spending a little more if a shield were to go up, but $200 is really stretching my budget right now.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
You guys make me look like an amateur. 70$ is my largest purchase. A 2/10 Eric Bledsoe (pg clippers) with patch. drat guys! I need to up my game. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290828046080&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

thompson fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 15, 2012

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

It indeed does! It also puts us just one lonely spot away from fullness. Lets see if Ashe puts his money where his mouth is (incoming All-Goalies case :smith: )

As for hockey cards and $$, the most I have spent on a single card is $200. Twice. Both the 1/1 Rundblad black Cup rookie and the 1/2 Rundblad spectrum Cup rookie cost me $200. I could see myself spending a little more if a shield were to go up, but $200 is really stretching my budget right now.

Just going through options and pricing right now. But I already promised it wouldn't be all goalies. 93-94 French pro set anyone?

If anyone has any ideas of things they could possibily like as an added bonus, leave suggestions. I have a few ideas right now.

Plus I do owe a Christmas gift since wolfy did ;)

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Ashekaban posted:

If anyone has any ideas of things they could possibily like as an added bonus, leave suggestions. I have a few ideas right now.

Let's just skip hockey and break this case. Dibs on the bulls.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

haha professional bull riding. Awesome bro lots of value there.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

:stare: I didn't know this was a thing. As far as the most I've spent on single card, $10.00 on Crosby rookie a long time ago (like his rookie year), it's since been lost in one of the many times I've moved over the past 3 years. :( I'm still a stupid newbie when it comes to hockey card collecting.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Real question, do they have bull auto's in there?

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

I'm a few cards away from completing my "Day with the Buckle" set

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Pick me! Pick me!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

thompson posted:

$350 for top left corner:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Antifreeze Head posted:

Pick me! Pick me!

If I understand correctly, ladies and gentlemen :siren: we are full! :siren:

Please hold off on making payments until called for, probably in the first week of January. Lets also all hope and pray prices dont jump for some stupid reason.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

thompson posted:

This nifty, rare insert for a whoppin' $175

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Antifreeze Head posted:

Pick me! Pick me!

Erg?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

thompson posted:

A whole eleven and a half dollars! I don't have a lot of disposable income for cards, so I do a lot of watching and sniping on ebay. If your patient you can sometimes find good prices.

• Locked thread