Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Data Graham posted:

I hope a football player comes out of left field.

I hope you're literally right.

It would be too apropos for Lazy-B to mix baseball and football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Getting itchy. It's been a while.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Breadallelogram posted:

Okay, there's the original game.

Then there's the sequel.

And then there's a freeware unofficial RPG sequel.

Are we done now?

But the original was never released. Only the sequel, so we suddenly had a sequel appear on shelves that never had a predecessor.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

horriblePencilist posted:

But the original was never released. Only the sequel, so we suddenly had a sequel appear on shelves that never had a predecessor.

The original was never released... for the Jaguar. Other versions got released.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I hope you're literally right.

It would be too apropos for Lazy-B to mix baseball and football.

Lorenzen should just be mixing sports metaphors all over the place. Kills three trolls, says "IN FOOTBALL WE CALL THAT A HAT TRICK"; throws a football into a dude's face and makes it explode, yells "GRAND SLAM!"

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

pathetic little tramp posted:

Kills three trolls, says "IN FOOTBALL WE CALL THAT A HAT TRICK"
It's not funny if it's accurate :colbert:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lorenzen should just be mixing sports metaphors all over the place. Kills three trolls, says "IN FOOTBALL WE CALL THAT A HAT TRICK"; throws a football into a dude's face and makes it explode, yells "GRAND SLAM!"

"If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Lorenzen throws a football into a dude's face and makes it explode, yells "GRAND SLAM!"

I am not sure whether that scene would automatically become the best scene in TGT, or simply land somewhere in the top 10.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Welp. I'm a filthy liar. I've still been working on the terrible game still.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd4_cv4HQM
I'm weak. :negative:

Glad to see people are finally excepting the foot-ball guy, he's pretty much taken the spot-light from King Baby Zapdos though, poor guy hasn't been getting any attention.

I'm curious though what everyone else would have picked for a character to appear in the comic?
My choice would be the invisible horseman, he could get killed by a canan and would never be found or mentioned.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 15, 2012

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

scarycave posted:

Welp. I'm a filthy liar. I've still been working on the terrible game still.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd4_cv4HQM
I'm weak. :negative:

Glad to see people are finally excepting the foot-ball guy, he's pretty much taken the spot-light from King Baby Zapdos though, poor guy hasn't been getting any attention.

I'm curious though what everyone else would have picked for a character to appear in the comic?
My choice would be the invisible horseman, he could get killed by a canan and would never be found or mentioned.

My choice would be a character who speaks entirely in oneliners.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I am not sure whether that scene would automatically become the best scene in TGT, or simply land somewhere in the top 10.

It does have some competition.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Lazerbot, you should get Dropbox. It's a free internet service that gives you 2 GB online disk space and lets you use files over multiple computers. You could put your TGT-work in a folder and grab it on any computer, should your laptop fail again.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Double Dragon Neon does this with the baseball bat. Every time you hit someone with it, Billy/Jimmy says stuff like TOUCHDOWN! or HOLE IN ONE! and yeah it's hilarious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Looks like Lazerbot has a side project.

Lazerbot on Facebook posted:

well in this time with out my laptop i had some time to work on some other things on the other computer. its still in the early stages so there's not much detail i can give you. in a odd way this is giving me more time to work on other projects until i get my cord fixed. working on stuff here and there in the wait. one is going to be an animation thing which is a secret what that is and there are actually lots of different ideas me and embergram have that are being worked on. excited to make all of them. its a pain that i can't work on TGT at the moment

but it will return as soon as, seeing its in really early stages to give you more info and get your hopes up because it could be a long while before it even is started. many things in working progress. im not being completely lazy while i wait ^^ i hope you guys can wait and chill them pills. but i guess you waiting for the comic would be like i am waiting for new voice tracks by Aramek of the songs and chapters. and the youtube vids of my brosurf jazz flight.

in the mean time i will do what i can but i won't be able to work on the comic but it doesn't mean i can't work on something else

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

scarycave posted:

Glad to see people are finally excepting the foot-ball guy,

LB rubbing off.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

Looks like Lazerbot has a side project.

IIRC mentioned he's working on another project a while ago now. I can only imagine it's gonna be the last thing we'd expect from him.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

IIRC mentioned he's working on another project a while ago now. I can only imagine it's gonna be the last thing we'd expect from him.

I hope it's not another comic. He already did some animation work and I'd love to see more from him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Please be a RPG Maker game :allears:

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
So jealous that JazzFlight gets to be a brosurf :(

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I'm sorry goons...I'm still working on the game.
I think I'm going to turn out the next Johnny Five Aces, forgive me Lazy. :(

I started programming Alex (named obj_Emo in game). I based his moves on the Tails battle:
-He was fast enough to surprise tails, a character that's normally around the "fastest thing alive" so Alex must move pretty drat fast.
-He knocked the wind out of Tails pretty effortlessly.

He warps either behind the player or in front (a 50/50 chance if his ram attack is called at the end of his cool down), then he rams and gets a nifty little image trail.

withheldmcfakename posted:

So jealous that JazzFlight gets to be a brosurf :(

Don't be upset. Lazy only likes JazzFlight for his amazing talent. In the end were all just goons. If I'm even a goon. :(

scarycave fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 16, 2012

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

scarycave posted:

Don't be upset. Lazy only likes JazzFlight for his amazing talent. In the end were all just goons. If I'm even a goon. :(

You're making a game-maker fan game based on a deviantart sonic the hedgehog fancomic. Trust me, you are a goon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Shouldn't it say "Gary was here Demaro is a loser"?
You should make scrolls with the forbidden curse words hidden collectibles, by the way.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Zoinker posted:

You're making a game-maker fan game based on a deviantart sonic the hedgehog fancomic. Trust me, you are a goon.

Wait. How did you know I was using game-maker????:ohdear:

Shouldn't it say "Gary was here Demaro is a loser"?
You should make scrolls with the forbidden curse words hidden collectibles, by the way.

The Gary thing was a throw-back to 1 or 2 posts that were something about how Gary might be Gary Oak. At least I think there were posts like that. I have terrible memory. If I could add some voice gimmicks, I would make it so that you could scream curses into a mic and it would kill everyone(except rob).

I was also thinking about making the Dragon Balls as secret collectibles.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

scarycave posted:

You said you were using gamemaker and commented about how fraps hated it a few days ago.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

23 Flavors posted:

You said you were using gamemaker and commented about how fraps hated it a few days ago.

Oh yeah, how did I forgot about that post. :doh:
Sorry about that.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

scarycave posted:

C'mon, man, Pacman went over this. The dragonballs was a myth. They wasn't real. They didn't exist so he stoped looking for them.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

scarycave posted:

bash.org posted:

<h|tler> HOW THE gently caress CAN YOU TELL THAT I'M 13 BY LOOKING AT WHAT I'M WRITEING?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think I'm getting so old, the internet is starting to repeat itself.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Too be fair, I've been having a heart-attack all day with rendering my Maya finals.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

scarycave posted:

Too be fair, I've been having a heart-attack all day with rendering my Maya finals.

Ah, those were the days. :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man, the wait for updates is starting to get to me. My :chillpill: is nigh on body temperature by this point.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Fucknag posted:

Man, the wait for updates is starting to get to me. My :chillpill: is nigh on body temperature by this point.

The only way for updates to come soon is for someone to get Lazerbot a new laptop charger. They'd need to ask what kind, and finding it might not be easy. And, of course, he'd probably need to be coaxed into giving his address, which must never be leaked.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 17, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

scarycave posted:

The game should tell you you can collect them but they don't actually exist.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

It would be like the 'Kano Transformations' counter in one of the Mortal Kombat games

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

100% this.

BiggerJ posted:

The only way for updates to come soon is for someone to get Lazerbot a new laptop charger. They'd need to ask what kind, and finding it might not be easy. And, of course, he'd probably need to be coaxed into giving his address, which must never be leaked.

But not this, ever.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Okay, Dragonballs it is. That's what I had planned anyway. Your too smart for me.

Had an idea of doing a ladder climb from Metal Gear Solid 3 with Kermits patience speech going on in the background. Would have had Kermit loading screens but Game-Maker doesn't use them.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Create a fake loading screen containing Kermit's speech that lasts 10 minutes

You could even make the loading bar move backwards randomly!

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

LazerBot posted:

I'm not used to accepting or asking for things since iv learned over the years to rely on myself when it comes to self interest or entertainment and such, and i learned never to expect highly of others depending on the situation, that being said i am really trying hard to improve my over all skills as an artist and a story teller so i can continue to submit quality for the fans who have done nothing but support my work, and turned something i would have never expected which would be TGT, into a sense of humor filled community that grows larger with every fanart and video or other projects you willingly create all for the sake of TGT, i could never thank you enough nor will i ever forget my true fans :)
But as you already know, I don't have much money so i can't make the comic grow to it's full potential or any other future project at that.. You see i have this image in my head about how i want everything to one day be, i know i can reach that p
oint but due to my situation i won't be able to do so with out the help of anyone willing to, and to help me grow as an over all artist.. I couldn't ever repay you guys but hopefully you will satisfied with any of my improved quality work i submit to you in the future, and i assure you that i will never stop because this is who i want to be.
So i will be accepting any donations strictly for these 2 items, i would ask for help with my laptop cord but i am already getting a new one soon with the little bit of money i saved up, i don't have enough yet but i will no worries, but since i am going to visit my family for the holidays i have to wait until get back before i will be able to get my laptop cord, so i do hope everyones pills will be chilled due to the winter weather :O
thank you very much for supporting my work, it means a lot :D

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (Full Version $99.99) http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html
MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone with Shockmount ($99.99 Add Pro Coverage 2 Years: $16.99) http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXL-V63M-Condenser-Studio-Microphone-with-Shockmount-273158-i1126977.gc
I am not completely sure of how the donation process works so please share any information of how it could work out properly thanks, also i am touchy about giving out my address so try to avoid that as a solution if you can.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
edit: got ninja'd.

Looks like LazyB is asking for donations. I like that he's not asking for money in general, but just money for those two items in general.

Also, here's some advice for you, Lazerbot.
You could use PayPal for donations. You just need to make sure you have a method of redeeming the money. Also, in case you want to work on animation, I'd recommend looking for a dedicated application. It might be pricier, but much more convenient and flexible than using workarounds. As for the microphone, I don't think you'll need something in this price range; microphones for 40-60 bucks should do well enough. You could also look on the internet for guides on noise reduction to cancel any major white noise.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I keep thinking about recommending Creative Cloud, because you get more than just Photoshop but Flash, Audition, Premiere, and a bunch of other programs, but CC is like $50 a month and he would have to dedicating himself to a year of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Is it just me or is that way better written than Lazy's usual patois?