Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

SMEAGOL IS FREEEEEE! Finals are done, and I am PUMPED to get to the store for Christmas cards! :dance: As with last year, I'm going to try to send to everyone on the list (preemptive apologies if I can't quite make it, or it's late. I'm good at late cards. :ohdear:)

And speaking of late cards...! While cleaning off my desk post finals (read: pushing everything into a different pile somewhere else), I found a whole mess of Halloween cards that didn't go out... So, some of you lucky goons might be getting some very late/EXCEPTIONALLY EARLY Halloween cards in the coming days! :v:

I need to organize and take pictures of everything I've gotten this week, but a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that sent me holiday greetings thus far!! :buddy: Couldn't have made it through finals without all the goon holiday cheer!!

And...!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Getting ready to send out another round of cards. Any fans of the following: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Watchmen, X-men, Scooby Doo, Portal, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dr. Who or LOTR? This will help me figure out what kind of goodies to send!

First off, you are a mail CHAMP. :buddy:

Second, Doctor Who, Doctor Who, Doctor Who, Scooby Doo, X-Men--in that order. My legitimate plans for break include watching as much Doctor Who as possible and going into the lab for research, haha! (The husband LOVES LoTR, if you feel like sending him some goon mail! Haha! Traditionally, he's gone by Niemat's Husband on goonmail, if you're so inclined. :))

(And one more thing for ya, kafkasgoldfish! My husband and I LOVED the Dracula/Bride of Frankenstein cross stitch!!! We're discussing framing options! :D)

tl/dr: Ya'll rock, and I can't wait to send you holiday cheer now that I'm done with the finals from Hell. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Tempura Wizard posted:

Lastly, who is a fan of: Team Fortress 2?

I used to play it a bit and thought it was neat with pretty cool characters, but since there's ten million brony servers now I've been scared away. :smith:

I tried to send all of you guys some Main Street Disneyland postcards, but every time I checked they were either sold out or they were impossible to get to because of a swarm of people around them. I'm sorry.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally got to the p.o. box. Oh my gosh, so many cards :3: I'll have to get a picture later.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Got cards from Clarice and [b Kafkasfish [/b].

Clarice--- love the snowflakes, coloring pic and German card! :-D

Kafkasfish--- the Poison Ivy and Two Face Cross stitch is AWESOME!

Oh Goonmas! I love card sending seasons!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Tempura Wizard posted:

Lastly, who is a fan of: Team Fortress 2?

Me please!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you nonpromqueen and Team Lunch! It was nice to get some goon mail on my birthday :3:

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

cardboardRobot posted:

Thank you nonpromqueen and Team Lunch! It was nice to get some goon mail on my birthday :3:

Happy Birthday!

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I did up a batch of cards today and put a silly little token in them all. I am hoping I get some more letters soon, so far I've gotten one from DLAO and Kafka's Goldfish (loved the Mario cross stitch BTW, I only wish I'd see your post about the Doctor Who and Labyrinth ones earlier cause I totally would have requested those.) I have a whole slew of unwritten cards as well, so I plan to send out more tomorrow.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Came home to find all this waiting for me!

Look at this pile of awesome!

From the awesome Rhythe:

Included was a very funny story about gingerbread men and the fate of our world. It made me laugh and laugh, Rhythe! Thank you!

Marlowe can you go sent me a card full of star stuff and a picture of her cats being coy and posing from behind a curtain (are we sending out pics of our pets in cards now? Because this is an awesome idea and I want pictures of all your pets!)

Look. Look at those sexy beasts.

Tremors sent me a super creative card:

(Sort of wondering if Shep regrets his choice of "reindeer"...)

And last, but not least, a very whimsical and cute holiday card from pennymay and revolther:

This has been a lot of fun, guys. I had no idea getting mail from the internet could cause me so much glee. And I am so pleased that people are enjoying their cross stitch critters.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
Got a lovely snatter card from nonpromqueen and a small child! How did you know Killamajig and I love fart jokes so much?? :butt: Yay!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I've been slacking a bit on thanking everyone and sending out cards. Sorry everyone! I will post pictures later! :ohdearsass:

I'm planning to get as many people on the list as possible, but I might not be able to. At the very least, I'll try for everyone in North America.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Got this thing of beauty from Kafka's Goldfish yesterday. Will be sending out a shipment of cards tomorrow. This is truly been one of my favorite holiday seasons.

e: :ughh: helps to actually post the pic...I recognize Lakitu, but the other is escaping me, both very awesome and very loved.

Also, if anyone is inclined my birthday is January 5th. I would whole heartedly appreciate some birthday cheer.

panorama_change fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 14, 2012

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I can't believe my post office is out of international and domestic stamps. Outrage!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Ohh goodie I am glad you liked the gingerbread man story Kafka's Goldfish, it was the least I could do after those amazing video game inspired cross stitching you sent me.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

party hat posted:

I can't believe my post office is out of international and domestic stamps. Outrage!

This calls for a riot! :sassargh:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

panorama_change posted:

e: :ughh: helps to actually post the pic...I recognize Lakitu, but the other is escaping me, both very awesome and very loved.

It's one of those question mark blocks. You have it upsidedown in the picture. :ohdear: I hope this is what you were asking...

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

It's one of those question mark blocks. You have it upsidedown in the picture. :ohdear: I hope this is what you were asking...

Now that it's been said I easily see it, I was looking at it from all angles last night and for the life of me couldn't make it out. Thanks!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

This is going to take forever. Abby Normal and Rickycat, your cards got returned! What happened?

Thank you to:

Pit Goddess because I had no idea they even made Chanukah stickers! And while I'm far from a saint, I totally have holiday spirit dripping out of me. I should probably get that checked out.

Team Lunch for the pinkfish and the Lisa Frank stickers which totally brought on a wave of nostalgia :3:

Aunt Buck-bunny for a bunnies, huh?

Wings Of Mine I am totally using that little ruler for a bookmark!

Pez Master and Killamajig that picture is now on my fridge and I will find a gold star for it to just finish making it. Also, there were like 6 golden retriever hairs and I feel like I cheated you for only 1 dane hair.

Andaley that puppy is adorable!

DLAO Fluffy kitten beats fluffy bunnies every time, man.

Oh Glorious Mystery Peace On Earth Dove :3: Thank you whoever you are! The mutts send kisses.

Marlowe tried to give me sparkle aids, but it didn't work! So I dumped them on the dogs instead :3:

DPS Police sent me the most unterrifying reindeer ever!

Disargeria made me jealous. Some day I will go to the wizarding world of harry potter (was it awesome?).

Shoozy sent a dickbutt ornament that will forever be on my tree.

Cone of Tragedy that floppy puppy looks like a friend of mine's dog when I was little!

O Glorious Reverend, His Holiness Genesplicer that santa looks like he's about to rip my intestines out. :ohdear: There's also another ornament that's totally going to be on my tree forever, and to answer your question, sir, no I don't wonder. :colbert: Because I've seen Elf.

Clarice your local paper is awesome.

And last but not least, the ever lovely Lamb that little tree is a delight, as is the tiny little white guy. Though I'm kind of curious about him. What's he made for?

Thanks to all of you again. Everything is awesome and I really have no idea how some of you fit all this stuff in these tiny little envelopes! I'd really like to know, actually.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This is going to take forever. Abby Normal and Rickycat, your cards got returned! What happened?

Oh very weird, I have no idea. I got Kafkas Goldfish's letter yesterday just fine.

Speaking of which the wax seal was by far the highlight of my day. Thanks so much :3:

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
I got three cards so far and some spiffy trinkets. Goons like to cross stitch! Names coming when I find the envelopes. I really need to start sending mine out.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And last but not least, the ever lovely Lamb that little tree is a delight, as is the tiny little white guy. Though I'm kind of curious about him. What's he made for?

You're supposed to fling him like a rubber band!

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
Yay! You made my day. It was going pretty dreary before I saw your happy envelopes in the mailbox. :love:

Thank you to marlowe can you go (How did you know I love glitter? :D), Kafka's Goldfish (I love the cross-stitch. Great job, they're so cute! One day, if you ever make another one for me, I have a request. Can you make me one of these or something like it - :yayclod:?, and Rythe (and family) Thanks for the cute Christmas song and the stickers :)! All of your cards are now sitting on my fireplace mantle.

I started putting stamps on cards and realized I was totally out of them, so I will probably get the rest out tomorrow most likely. I managed to get two of them out today, though!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Disargeria made me jealous. Some day I will go to the wizarding world of harry potter (was it awesome?).

Yeah it's awesome! And I get to go there whenever I want. Sometimes I go just to grab a butterbeer.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Omnibus thread, you do some neat things. Let's do something really cool since this is right up our alley.

There's a little boy who's dying wish is to receive a record number of holiday cards. A shitload of people lurk this thread. The news article is here: http://gma.yahoo.com/dying-boys-wis...cnlwYWdl;_ylv=3

My thought is, if we can keep the USPS open singlehandedly by posting so much stuff to each other, surely we can spare a card for this little guy. In case his article expires, his address is:

Dalton Dingus
HC 62 Box 1249
Salyersville, KY 41465

I realize that this is the goon omnibus card thread, so if you intend to send me a card, I would love to see it go to him instead. Which isn't to say I'm not thankful for the thought, because I totally am, but man it'd be cool to help that little guy out.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Tremors, your mass effect card made me weepy. Best card I've ever received.

(I still haven't recovered from 3)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
rythe I got your Christmas card today and I love coloring and Charlie Brown! (Well, SNOOPY was my favorite to be honest, but who DOESN'T love a dog that can ice skate, turn his house into a jet plane, and INVENTED planking?). And there was some glitterage that occurred, but since I'm Asian and have ovaries, this was VERY okay.

DLAO fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 15, 2012

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Dalton Dingus

Oh, man. How could I say no. I only wish I knew what kinds of things little kids like so I could make a card that he'd enjoy. I'll do my best, though. Thanks, Fluffy Bunnies. This is a really thoughtful request.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Oh my Goonmas! So many cards today!

From Nation of Crustaceans - a drawing of my avatar in a Christmas hat! Squeeeeeeeee!

From Rythe - stickers that I can color myself! I love stickers! I love coloring! Win/win!

From jimme and Tremors - I love the handmade post card and Mass Effect! Awesomesauce all around!

Finally, from Kafka's Goldfish - Mario coins, stars and Tanooki Mario! Weeeee!

Thank you all soooo much! Today wasn't the greatest, so my mood was definitely lifted! I'll try and return the favor ASAP!

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I just want to say that the thoughtful goons who keep sending me mail year round make it much better when I feel really low. Thank you all so much. I keep my favorites on my fridge all year.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I got your postcard today, Disargeria! I wasn't quite prepared for the ancient knowledge it held, though.

I have 3 mass effect cards left. If anyone is a fan and hasn't told me yet, do so now!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thank you Kafka's Goldfish for the charming card! I love the Leela and Zoidberg cross stitch.

I've got 30 cards ready to go, just need to get stamps. I hope to get another batch done this weekend .

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 15, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
No one's reported getting my mail yet. :ohdearsass:

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Just got your card Kafka's Goldfish, I LOVE the apple with the mustache cross-stitch!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Tremors posted:

I have 3 mass effect cards left. If anyone is a fan and hasn't told me yet, do so now!

Yes me please!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'm sorry! I got your card and it was wonderful, I'm just somehow too lazy to post in here but not too lazy to send you a card back!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Not too many people have gotten mine either and this makes me sad. :-( I just got one returned back from Abby Normal but other than thank I'm assuming they are going out and going to GET THERE SOON! Otherwise, the cheer is still there, as long as we've all made it through the zombie apocalypse.

Oh, but I DID get one from Pez Master which I ADORED especially with the drawing and everything else! I have to go buy more stamps, but yours will be going out NEXT WEEK! :-)

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

DLAO posted:

Oh, but I DID get one from Pez Master which I ADORED especially with the drawing and everything else! I have to go buy more stamps, but yours will be going out NEXT WEEK! :-)

Yay!

Also, Thermophonic Joy, don't you worry! Your card got over to the mainland just fine!

Killamajig is going to colour the poo poo out of that Star Wars picture. And I want to stick all those vegan stickers on my weight lifting belt - 'cause I'm seriously powered by tofu. So much tofu.

Thank you so much! I still feel bad the original card I sent you in November never made it across to the island. So I'll try again. If that doesn't work, we're coming over to Vic (for Christmas with the In-Laws). I will send you a mother loving postcard from motherfucking Victoria itself if I have to!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Cone of Tragedy posted:

Just got your card Kafka's Goldfish, I LOVE the apple with the mustache cross-stitch!

This pleases me greatly! I was on bed rest last month for a couple of weeks and took up cross stitch as a hobby to stay (somewhat) sane. I'm really excited that they are providing a small bit of amusement to others!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
OP Lamb

Can I get my address updated to
5125 Palm Springs Blvd,
Unit 5206,
Tampa Florida 33647
USA

please? Apparently I am very stupid and don't even know my OWN address--- I just moved here about a month ago and my job moved just before that, so I'm very confused about addresses. I think I should start wearing one of those bracelets that says where I need to be returned if found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

DLAO posted:

OP Lamb

Can I get my address updated to
5125 Palm Springs Blvd,
Unit 5206,
Tampa Florida 33647
USA

please? Apparently I am very stupid and don't even know my OWN address--- I just moved here about a month ago and my job moved just before that, so I'm very confused about addresses. I think I should start wearing one of those bracelets that says where I need to be returned if found.
I tried to send you a card and it sent it back to me as a return to send since the address posted was invalid.