Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Super Camper posted:

Does anybody know if participation in the Asian I schoolhouse christmas play is mandatory? My class is doing a performance and our teaching team leader is threatening disciplinary counselings for those who dont want to participate.

Do what I did to get out of the Christmans play

get out of the military

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Professor Bling posted:

get out of the military

It is a wise choice.

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
One does not simply separate into the civilian world.. :(

...they took that away with DADT repeal.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Badgers posted:

One does not simply separate into the civilian world.. :(

...they took that away with DADT repeal.

Can't eat your way to freedom anymore either.

E: I called it the porky pig out.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

Gordian posted:

Hey guys, try not to fail out of class. LOA'd out and my two choices are 11B and 13F.

As a 13F thinking of re-enlisting to be a linguist I find this loving Hilarious.

If you can't get anything other than 11B or 13F, go 13F. I theres any questions about what sort of poo poo you'll do, I'm more than happy to share. Don't go 11B.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

TheUnhorse posted:

:laffo: quit being a bitch

no. you quit being a bitch.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Do what I did to get out of the Christmans play

get out of the military

well it actually wasnt mandatory lol so nvm i guess.

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod

TPSDude posted:

As a 13F thinking of re-enlisting to be a linguist I find this loving Hilarious.

If you can't get anything other than 11B or 13F, go 13F. I theres any questions about what sort of poo poo you'll do, I'm more than happy to share. Don't go 11B.

It's funny you say this because as a former 11B I told a guy who was LOA'ing that if it got down to 13F and 11B to go 13F.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You can quote two posts in one bro it's okay.

I was serious about the get out part though, there's no reason to re-enlist after your contract is up as a linguist; get a cushy Fed job as civilian and do beard things

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

Professor Bling posted:

You can quote two posts in one bro it's okay.

I was serious about the get out part though, there's no reason to re-enlist after your contract is up as a linguist; get a cushy Fed job as civilian and do beard things

man that gravy train has pretty much dried up if you're not either more than 3/3 with a college education OR you're a 3/3 that also brings serious other SIGINT poo poo to the table, PLUS a degree if you're looking to get out in one term. For Army chances are good you won't learn poo poo and you'll be in some tactical nightmare dump, Marines you'll probably go to rad bn (lol, good fuckin luck), for air force/navy you guys there's a chance in hell if you can give a good blowjob and figure out the system in order to get what you want. air force/navy rules apply for army and marines at the rsocs or whatever they call those places now.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Gordian posted:

Hey guys, try not to fail out of class. LOA'd out and my two choices are 11B and 13F.

I don't know if your poo poo is still going on, but I read this MILPER today and figured it might be helpful, and save you from being a ground pounder with hosed up knees and spine.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/Milper/12-403

You'll need CAC access, and the pertinent poo poo for language school is near the end, but there's also poo poo up near the top for people with top secret clearances.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My company just got someone that for whatever reason didn't successfully graduate from DLI as a 35P and became a 35N instead. Although Guard vs. Active, it's probably a completely different situation.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Tonight my jackass friend flipped off a Marine E-6 who was checking IDs at the patio. Here's hoping we don't feel any blowback for that!

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.
Jesus, I hope you aren't Air Force. Why would anyone do that anyway?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Jesus, I hope you aren't Air Force.

lol

Got some bad news for you.

What happened to the AF there since I've left? Y'all are going full retard.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Professor Bling posted:

lol

Just sit back and laugh. Between the rape ropes and seizure of health magazines, it's a helluva show. :munch:

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
I want to leave this place.

somewhatpathetic
Oct 21, 2012
That's common. Why?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Professor Bling posted:

lol

We can't take our backpacks to formation anymore.

Someone got in trouble for having their natural hair color.

The Air Force is the worst branch and DLI is the worst place.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Softface posted:

Story? :frogon:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Softface posted:

We can't take our backpacks to formation anymore.

The Air Force is the worst branch and DLI is the worst place.

Oh yesssssss hahaha I got out just in time. Sounds about as asinine as I figured it would get. I also want details on this.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

AB posted:

Story? :frogon:

Nothing terribly exciting, an Airman born in Northern Europe shows up to the mass urinalysis with really light hair on top and slightly darker on the sides, a sergeant thinks he bleached his hair or something and pulls a 341 (lol).

Professor Bling posted:

I'm more interested in the backpack thing.

I have only ideas on this one all of them dumb. 1) They got tired of idiots leaving their backpacks by the sidewalk and having to tell us every goddamn Monday and Friday to move them; unlikely because offpost people still get to leave their crap there. 2) Everyone trampling through that area twice a week and leaving our poo poo there turned the slope into a huge mud pile and some moron slipped and fell and ruined their blues; doubtful but hilarious to imagine. 3) They just planted grass there and want it to grow in; likely based on how much the AF loves appearances over actual functionality.

Most likely reason though is because

vvvvv

Softface fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 7, 2013

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The USAF: making thread title dreams come true since shame became an AFI violation

Shuffleboard Shootout
Dec 26, 2006

Tsoukawhat?
They want the grass on the sides to grow and the sea of backpacks is inhibiting this.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

I give the policy two weeks.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Professor Bling posted:

The USAF: making thread title dreams come true since shame became an AFI violation
*shrug* One of my buddies when I was at DLI in 2001 had his car removed from post by security "because it was a bomb hazard". Stupidity never changes.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Softface posted:

I give the policy two weeks.

Nah it'll last. We just put our bags in our cars now at the 627 parking lot. It ain't bad.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Speaking of cars, has anyone drawn dicks on my RX-4? I know it's still up there.

Sensitive Thug
Aug 22, 2007

So it looks like I'll be going back to DLI for an Arabic-Iraqi conversion course in a few months. What silly Air Force stuff can I expect coming back to DLI as a non tech schooler?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Professor Bling posted:

Speaking of cars, has anyone drawn dicks on my RX-4? I know it's still up there.

Surprisingly it's yet to be defaced or broken into, not even by drunk assholes.

Sensitive Thug posted:

So it looks like I'll be going back to DLI for an Arabic-Iraqi conversion course in a few months. What silly Air Force stuff can I expect coming back to DLI as a non tech schooler?

Lots of 4-day weekends and occasionally having to check IDs for our drunk asses at the PX.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Do you still want that thing? Whats going to happen to it? lol

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Sensitive Thug posted:

Being a non tech schooler will make your life a lot easier. Thats pretty much it.

moodyhank31
Aug 29, 2012
Starting Pashto tomorrow. Issued a brand new Ipad and MacBook Pro today. Phased up on Tuesday. A lot of weird people here. Someone in my Phase IV platoon was telling me all about being a Wiccan. Spirit animals and poo poo...

Atall
May 23, 2012
^^ Good luck, I may be cadre there in the future, either as an MLI or PSG.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I have never seen ID checks at the patio. Never even heard of it, and one of my friends goes up there almost every night. The gently caress is the AF doing?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Where were you last year? the do ID checks up there all the drat time (maybe I was just with the really loud dudes).

And I'm keeping that car so y'all better make sure nothing untoward happens to it; it does still have a set of keys on post.

AchmedTheSnake
Apr 6, 2006
This title is clever.

Black Balloon posted:

I have never seen ID checks at the patio. Never even heard of it, and one of my friends goes up there almost every night. The gently caress is the AF doing?

Yeah man, been here for about a year now and they've been checking ID's this whole time. Some unlucky prior service usually has to go up there later at night, so maybe that's why your friend never gets ID'd.

Edit: Non-prior =/= prior service

AchmedTheSnake fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 11, 2013

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Where were you last year? the do ID checks up there all the drat time (maybe I was just with the really loud dudes).

And I'm keeping that car so y'all better make sure nothing untoward happens to it; it does still have a set of keys on post.

I'll be sure take it to the 17 mile drive and drive it off a cliff.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Joke's on you it doesn't run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

AchmedTheSnake posted:

Yeah man, been here for about a year now and they've been checking ID's this whole time. Some unlucky prior service usually has to go up there later at night, so maybe that's why your friend never gets ID'd.

Edit: Non-prior =/= prior service

Yeah I've been here for just under a year as well. Never seen it, never hear it talked about. Guess it just happens after my friends and/or I leave. Not much point to stay at the patio late since they stop selling booze at 8 or whatever.

• Locked thread