Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Sheep posted:

Kafka's Goldfish: Is PDX, Oregon an actual place? I'm fighting with the post office to get them to send my reply card in its current incarnation.

Everyone else except jimmie is having their replies go out tomorrow.

Also first person to quote this with their address is going to get some Christmas-y stuff from a bunch of Japanese high school students. Could be hand-drawn pictures of gigantic robots fighting schoolgirls in school-regulation-breaking-ly short skirts while swinging cats by their tails, could be a school announcement about 'please gargle and wash your hands sufficiently', I promise nothing!

PS: it helps if you tell me a little bit about you so I don't just show up tomorrow like "so there's this person on the internet..." but I'll do what I can either way.

I ran KG's street address and ZIP through Google maps, and it resolves as Portland. PDX maybe local shorthand, idunno.

And since I'm quoting you anyway, I might as well get in on your other deal.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234 USA

Um, I'm interested in skydiving, so if you want to give your students "skydiving" or "parachutes" as a prompt, that'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Cool I'll see what I can do, will drop it off tomorrow on the way home.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
Airport codes are the latest incarnation of area codes as shorthand for repping your hood, yo.

PHX represent!

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

I just got some cool cards from Kafka Goldfish and Crazy Old Clarice !

This was pretty exiting so far. My desk has proper Christmas feel about it, now with cards displayed on it :)

Apostate
Aug 7, 2006
There are some things you just don't want to know...
Yay! Thanks to Kafka's Goldfish for the sweet note and cross stitched goodies. Also, I love the seal you have for the back of the envelope; where did you find that?

P.S. My husband immediately saw the cross stitched guys and stole them. I found them strung up on one of our plants as tiny decorations.

Apostate fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 19, 2012

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Sheep posted:

Kafka's Goldfish: Is PDX, Oregon an actual place? I'm fighting with the post office to get them to send my reply card in its current incarnation.

You can jot down Portland instead. I am lazy when it comes to addresses and shortened it.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Apostate posted:

Yay! Thanks to Kafka's Goldfish for the sweet note and cross stitched goodies. Also, I love the seal you have for the back of the envelope; where did you find that?

P.S. My husband immediately saw the cross stitched guys and stole them. I found them strung up on one of our plants as tiny decorations.

HAH! I love that your husband decorated the plants!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just got three cards in the mail! I hung them up in the entryway with the rest. :dance:

So far all the cards I've received are from goons! Thanks to Pit Goddess, anonymous goon from Nebraska(?), Fluffy Bunnies, Team Lunch, Andaley, Coyote Ugly, Pennymay & Revolther, goon who doesn't post in this thread, Cardboard Robot, Thermophonic Joy, and Lamb!

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011
I have gotten so much goon cheer! Its been amazing! It has come to my attention that I forgot to add in my address that I live in apartment c and my mailman isn't happy with me. (Also most of my holiday cheer will be sent after christmas when I can afford as much glitter and postage as I can)

Goony goonmas cards are making me look forward to venturing outside far enough to reach my mailbox every day :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

I love seeing my cards hung up in people's homes, for some reason. This is so :3:.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I'm in the middle of the death blizzard's path, so I plan on snuggling up with some hot cocoa and getting to work on some holiday cheer!! :D!!

(...please forgive me if they aren't super exciting... I forgot to pick up stickers before it started getting bad out. :ohdear: I'll try to throw doodles in to compensate!!)

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Who plans on hanging around for Valentine's Day? I'm going to start preparing next week when my office is closed.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Holy poo poo, I got quite the spread!

Thank you Andaley, panorama_change, Team Lunch, Jimmy da Fish, and PezMaster!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I love seeing my cards hung up in people's homes, for some reason. This is so :3:.

When I get back from vacation in a few days I'll take pictures of my scrapbook calendar. Every page is decorated with stuff goons sent me that month, and a few other random trinkets. December's page is now completely covered in stickers, foam shapes, and confetti. :neckbeard:

lamb posted:

Who plans on hanging around for Valentine's Day? I'm going to start preparing next week when my office is closed.

I still have a ton of cards leftover from last year, and I have not yet grown tired of receiving strange goony things in the mail.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

lamb posted:

I am going to have some fun with some Valentine's Day cards, I am going to do some fun Lego goodness this year I think.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

lamb posted:

You know it! :D

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

lamb posted:

Pick me!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Got all types of goon love today, lets get started with all the thanks.

Brandy S thank you for the adorable kitten in a Christmas hat card, that was a nice awww moment and the the shiny star things and the DBZ card was pretty neat, I will have to slip that card into a Magic the Gathering deck and see if my buddies notice.

Crazy Old Clarice thank you for the first post card I have gotten in years and I do hope the world doesn't end too, I have a lot of gifts to give to my buddies and that would really inconvenience me.

IM Jack thanks a lot for the holiday wishes and the nice snow flake designed card.

Tremors thanks for the sweet orange snow flake you made and the crazy pack-man type drawing on the inside of the card.

Will there be a new thread for Valentines day? I hope so I already have a great idea for a dozen lucky goons and can not wait to get them sent out soon.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Rythe posted:

Will there be a new thread for Valentines day? I hope so I already have a great idea for a dozen lucky goons and can not wait to get them sent out soon.

We usually just keep this one going.

pennymay
Nov 21, 2010

lamb posted:

I'm planning on sticking around. Mail is fun :D Plus, I can't wait to see Valentines from goons.

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

Mizufusion posted:

I just got three cards in the mail! I hung them up in the entryway with the rest. :dance:

So far all the cards I've received are from goons! !

woot! my post card made it there! you're welcome

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
You guys should already know that I plan on sticking around. I may even look into doing magnets for valentines again. Just need to find a thinner magnet sheet so I can make enough of them.

I have a really nasty cold right now so it was nice to receive some goon mail. A thank you to Thermophonic Joy, marlowe, and Vixenella & Alkaphanel.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thank you CardboardRobot and JimmydaFish. Glitter and A Christmas Story references make me :sun:

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010

Rythe posted:

I am going to have some fun with some Valentine's Day cards, I am going to do some fun Lego goodness this year I think.

I plan to stick around, too. =) This has been great. I only wish I would have sent something along with my cards too! Next time! Today I received a card from Team Lunch. I really like the origami fish you sent, it's so cute!

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks so much everyone!

Since I last posted (I've come down with something awful - inhaler and pills ahoy!), I've received a ton of cards! No individual pictures, since they were hung immediately, but have a look at the total collage (sorry phone picture, and I blurred out one from family)! New cards from Aunt Buck, Team Lunch, Coyote Ugly, and Marlowe. Apologies if I missed anyone, but if your card is in the picture, then I received it and loved it! So many stickers, coloring pages, trivia cards, and even a glitter bomb! Hooray!

Also, if you sent me a card and I haven't sent you one yet, I'll return the favor shortly. Finally, I'll likely stick around for Valentine's Day as well. I think I bought 2398472347234 kinds of Valentines last year on clearance, so this should be.. interesting.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
It seems like none of the cards I sent out are making it to people. :ohdearsass:

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
I think I will hang around for Valentine's Day. The Goonmas cards are so fantastic, I can't imagine how wonderful the Valentine's cards will be.

Much thanks to:
panorma change for the festive holiday cheer
Tempura Wizard for a most incredibly dark and retro styled card
Team Lunch for stickers, a Batman activity page, AND an origami fish (you have inspired me to try to learn the ancient art of paper folding)
Kafka's Goldfish Mr. Clarice and I were blown away my your incredible cross-stitch. This weekend I am going to look for the perfect frame because that bad boy is going up on our wall!

Merry Goonmas to you all.

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

Thanks to Kafka's Goldfish, DLAO, Apostate and blinkeve1826 for their awesome cards, stickers, bookmarks and cross stitches. :D

Watched over by the Big G himself.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

lamb posted:

I actually found a box of valentines day cards and went "oh! Well hell, I guess I get to do omnibus next year later on! Awesome!".

kittentits
Feb 16, 2009
if you use my colored pencils you better put them back in rainbow order
We're definitely hanging in there for Valentine's Day; so far it's been a big hit with both me and the girls.

I finally had time to sit down to take a picture of the things we've recieved, and suddenly noticed that the girls actually stole some of the stuff to bring home with them in pure excitement. The rest of our amassed mail is here:

Kafka's Goldfish: Since the girls don't actually live with me, they just visit from time to time, I haven't opened your letter yet. I have sworn on my life not to open anything without them, but I'm sure what's inside is awesome (plus it's great just to get an envelope in the mail, honestly), so thank you!

Astroduck: Kitten stickers were well received and well awww'ed about, merry goonmas to you too!

jimmie(?)/Savannah: Cutest badger ever! Did you paint that yourself? We'll be sure to reply as soon as we have time to sit down. PS: I once hit a badger with a car. I'm so sorry.

China Blue: The chocolate Easter bunny bells were incredibly popular. They promptly went on the girls' wrists and stayed there. To my knowledge they're still wearing them, so you've definitely passed on a tradition even across the sea. Thank you!

One of you included an origami crane, and it inspired me personally to make a couple. They didn't look half as good. Thank you, some goon that I've probably mentioned above or below!

Not pictured: Jessica/13Pandora13's awesome cards made out personally to the girls and included stickers! They brought them home with them to display, and they were very excited about the cards (well, the youngest was excited -- the eldest gets embarrassed just by breathing these days, and thus was very embarrassed that a stranger on the internet knew about her terrible, fresh teenager existence. Awful! Horrible! Tee-hee-hee!). You're a doll.

Thank you so much, everyone, for distracting us with goon love and silly things. We're totally in for more. :3:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Team Lunch for stickers, a Batman activity page, AND an origami fish (you have inspired me to try to learn the ancient art of paper folding)

Yay! :neckbeard: Youtube videos helped me out a lot, good luck, Clarice!

Also, today I sent out THE LAST BATCH of Christmas letters.

lamb posted:

I'll definitely still be around!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

kittentits posted:

Since the girls don't actually live with me, they just visit from time to time, I haven't opened your letter yet. I have sworn on my life not to open anything without them, but I'm sure what's inside is awesome (plus it's great just to get an envelope in the mail, honestly), so thank you!

There is mail in there for you as well!

Planning a post full of gratitude for all the amazing mail I've gotten. I cannot even keep up! I've never in my life gotten so much love in the mail and I've been a life long letter writer!

Off topic but many of you have asked about where I get my wax seals. The best place I've found is an online store called Nostalgic Impressions. I try not to go there too often because I want ALL the stamps. Get the flexible wax if you're planning on stamping the outside of the letter.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

I'm never leaving this thread! You can't make me!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Another one of these:

Thermophonic Joy-Haa. Yeah. I didn't see the confetti warning.

Panorama_change The feeling's mutual. :wink:

Cardboard Robot your ink smudged around the exclamation point and made it look like little firework bursts. :3:

Abby Normal Didn't they always tell us to pick C in school if we weren't sure?

Alkaphanel and Vixenella Nooo! Cold winter! COLD WINTER! :3: The card is super cute though.

Jimmydafish I think dog capers are half of my posts now. But I'm glad somebody enjoys them!

Party Hat I turned your card slantways to read it too!

Clancey Livingston(?) Thank you for the tiny penguin. He's so sweet!

And last but not least Chipbot :smith: I'm sorry you didn't like my card. I'm glad you forgive me though, thank you. I'll see what I can do for valentines. Also: are you my dentist? :ohdear:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I hope that it's ok if my xmas cards are really terribly late, like they might go in the mail on this coming Monday late. I withdrew before and I'm still not able to actually actively participate, but there's a couple of folks who have kept me in the loop so to speak, which is so thoughtful and considerate, really gave me joy, and I really really want to send something to them/you.

Lamb and Thermo, I finally have your cards on the way. But I want to send a couple more, I'm just terrible slow with like, everything.

I have the best valentines that I bought last year after the holiday was over so I'm hoping to be able to send those out to more folks, although I would still rather just send and not receive for now so I won't be reposting my address.

I love seeing all the mail you guys are exchanging, and wow! As a cross stitcher, those are soooo goood! I could never get my stitches to look so uniform. I love them! Great ideas, too, it's like xstitch was made for recreating 8 bit sprites, haha. You guys are so creative, it's so neat to see all the xstitch and origami and everything, and glad to see the stickers are still going strong, huzzah! :D

Have a great holiday everyone! I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for everyone!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Bampf Kerpow, Team Lunch, and Paranorma Change I got your cards and they have now become part of the Goonmas Card Refrigerator decor (though some NON-Goon ones snuck up there too). I really want people to come over now and SEE how AWESOME my card collection is; I may be turning into a Golem with all these preciouses, errr... cards.

I would LOVE to continue this on for Valentine's Day.

I apologize to any goon that did NOT get a card from me--- I actually have been on a lot of meds lately for sick stuff and what not and realized that I didn't formulate an intelligent plan for Card sending outage.(Maybe some of you have already been hit up multiple times?-- I've gone through almost 60 stamps.)

If you haven't gotten one from me yet and would like one, PM me and I will send away. For V-Day I will utilize a better method.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Have a great holiday everyone! I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for everyone!

Hey wwc! :buddy: I hope you're in for a fantastic Christmas!

I actually really love late cards. I get the mopes when Christmas is all over and the excitement has ended, so it's a lot of fun getting the last few late presents and cards. Stretches it out just that little bit more.

A very merry obscenely happy Christmas to you. Good to see you're still kicking over there. :3:

DLAO posted:

realized that I didn't formulate an intelligent plan for Card sending outage.(Maybe some of you have already been hit up multiple times?-- I've gone through almost 60 stamps.)

I swear I did this last Easter! After spending a few holidays in here, most of the names sounded familiar and I couldn't remember who I'd mailed this time and who I'd mailed last time... Now I keep a list. :smug:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 22, 2012

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I want to say thank you to all the goons who have sent cards. They have been especially helpful this time of year. My wife is, as of this post, 30 weeks pregnant with twins, we have a 16 month old girl, I have the flu, and on top of all that my wife's grandmother passed away.

The cards have been a delight to read and my little girl is enjyoing some of the funny stuff packed inside.

Goons can be great people. :unsmith:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Thank you 13Pandora13 for the cutest drat card ever! I have a mini dachshund too. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Tremors posted:

Thank you 13Pandora13 for the cutest drat card ever! I have a mini dachshund too. :3:

YOU MUST SEND PICTURES :stare: I love weiner dogs! Mostly mine, but others as well.