Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

TheJoker138 posted:

No, it'll do gangbusters. People loved Alice in Wonderland, and this looks like more of that, and they're throwing the name around a bunch as well to get people to realize the connection. It's going to be huge.

I was under the impression that the main -really, only- reason "Alice" made a mint was because it was the first major 3D release in the immediate wake of "Avatar" and there wasn't much else in theaters at the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Rahonavis posted:

I was under the impression that the main -really, only- reason "Alice" made a mint was because it was the first major 3D release in the immediate wake of "Avatar" and there wasn't much else in theaters at the time?

Not at all. It was because of Tim Burton, and college kids wanting to do drugs and go and see it. Also Hot Topic.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
And as pointed out the last time Alice in Wonderland was brought up, it made its money back in Japan alone.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Disney even positioned it in the same weekend that Alice opened, I think. They are certainly hoping for repeat success, and they'll market the hell out of it to the Alice in Wonderland crowd.

Stay tuned for a Hot Topic exclusive CD with hits from Kerli and Avril Lavigne!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Not at all. It was because of Tim Burton, and college kids wanting to do drugs and go and see it. Also Hot Topic.
As a college kid, the only reason I was on drugs when I saw it was because I knew it was garbage and couldn't bear to see it otherwise

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

scary ghost dog posted:

As a college kid, the only reason I was on drugs when I saw it was because I knew it was garbage and couldn't bear to see it otherwise

I was in college when it came out and someone at the school even organized buses to take kids to the midnight premiere at the local theater. The tickets were crazy discounted too. The only reason I didn't go was I didn't have any weed and neither did the friends who wanted me to go.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I get the feeling the Alice in Wonderland crowd are also big fans of Wicked, and that leads me to believe they might avoid this on the "It's not Wicked" principle.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Vagabundo posted:

Look at this poo poo. Just look at it.

It's still a lot better than Yippie Ki Yay Mother Russia.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
They give her a low cut top but a hideous face.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like that actually

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Baron Bifford posted:

They give her a low cut top but a hideous face.

She's a witch

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Macaluso posted:

She's a witch

So why the low cut top to show off her rack?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Hasters posted:

I think she looks pretty good there, my only concern is they seem to be trying to make her "sexy" since it's Mila Kunis.

Is that Mila Kunis? Face looks more like Rachel Weisz to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DNS posted:

Is that Mila Kunis? Face looks more like Rachel Weisz to me.

It will be in the movie. It might not be in the poster.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

It will be in the movie. It might not be in the poster.

Everybody seems so sure of it. Is it something that leaked? I figured one of the two witches that aren't clearly Glinda could be it, but I thought Rachel had just as much a chance of being the Wicked Witch as Kunis.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheJoker138 posted:

So why the low cut top to show off her rack?

If she wears a low-cut top, guys aren't going to get their gaze as high as her face.

My urge to see that movie diminishes with every poster.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where does it say Witches have to fully cover up their bodies? :colbert: I haven't read the Witch rulebook lately

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I haven't read the Witch rulebook lately

The new edition is kind of boring. Reads like stereo instructions.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That clearly means witches like the ones from The Craft, not green hag witches with big tits hanging out. :colbert:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

That clearly means witches like the ones from The Craft, not green hag witches with big tits hanging out. :colbert:

Faruza Balk cameo confirmed!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Witches want to look sexy, too. You guys are a bunch of pills.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
For witch confusion, I believe Weisz plays wicked witch of the east AKA the one that gets pancaked by Dorothy. I assume Kunis will be playing witch of the west.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

couldcareless posted:

For witch confusion, I believe Weisz plays wicked witch of the east AKA the one that gets pancaked by Dorothy. I assume Kunis will be playing witch of the west.

She is, but she doesn't start off evil.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

drat, the escape scene should've really featured more of Angry Molesting Tree.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

As someone named Kevin, I'm quite curious as to my part in the big dry erase board of monsters.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Kevar posted:

As someone named Kevin, I'm quite curious as to my part in the big dry erase board of monsters.
Do you work at Best Buy where your calm, meek and geeky nature hides a murderous intent towards your colleagues?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kevar posted:

.... my name is also Kevin.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

An army of people named Kevin arise from the grave/internet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

On one hand, you're all evil, on the other hand, you have a rad voicemail message, so it all balances out.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Kevar posted:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Kevar posted:

If I remember right, it was a director joke but Kevin was supposed to be a Micheal Myers type slasher.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Radio Paranoia posted:

If I remember right, it was a director joke but Kevin was supposed to be a Micheal Myers type slasher.

According to Whedon Kevin was just a normal looking guy who would then eviscerate people with his bare hands.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I was thinking Kevin McCallister.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm glad we're talking about Kevin, because we've needed to for a while.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It featured in the elevator scene coupled with probably the biggest solitary pool of blood. I think that was enough angry molesting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I wanted to think this was the case because that was the best part of Sin City.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

:cripes:

I hate goons

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Mr. Squishy posted:

I love goons :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mr. Squishy posted:

What an awesome movie and kinda fitting with the climate of the US right now.