Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

Leonard came off as such a dipshit in that exchange after Bryan talked about how much he loved TLC the day before.

A grown man who referred to himself as Director of Fun lacks maturity. I am shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

A grown man who referred to himself as Director of Fun lacks maturity. I am shocked.
That is an official role!

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

bobkatt013 posted:

If he did this with his children they might

I was having a really lovely morning until I saw this. That just made my day. Thanks for that.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Red is Dead posted:

I was having a really lovely morning until I saw this. That just made my day. Thanks for that.

Likewise.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Let's go all the way. HUG STEEN HUG!

I suggested a more subtle change to THRILL STEEN THRILL.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I am missing something with regard to the Bryan Alvarez/LFC disagreement or slapfight or whatever is going on. All I can see is Bryan called him "P" instead of "F", but it's clear there's more. Can I get the quick story?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I am missing something with regard to the Bryan Alvarez/LFC disagreement or slapfight or whatever is going on. All I can see is Bryan called him "P" instead of "F", but it's clear there's more. Can I get the quick story?

Bryan said that with the ppv, Raw, Super Smackdown, and Main Event/Tribute to the Troops all on consecutive nights that it was too much wrestling and hard to sit through after a while. LFC accused him of not liking wrestling if all that was such a chore to watch. Bryan took issue with that accusation because he loves wrestling as it is pretty much all he lives for and asked for an apology on the B&V show yesterday.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm totally with Bryan. You can say that 4 consecutive nights of wrestling is too much to take in without HATING ALL WRESTLING EVER.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the real issue is that 4 nights of the same wrestling - same roster, same product, same bookers, same basic matches and stories - is too much for any sane fan. Four nights of different kinds of wrestling might be fun but 4 nights of the same stuff is the definition of "redundant" or "overkill."

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Oatgan posted:

Bryan said that with the ppv, Raw, Super Smackdown, and Main Event/Tribute to the Troops all on consecutive nights that it was too much wrestling and hard to sit through after a while. LFC accused him of not liking wrestling if all that was such a chore to watch. Bryan took issue with that accusation because he loves wrestling as it is pretty much all he lives for and asked for an apology on the B&V show yesterday.

He asked for an apology for a tweet on a podcast? They are all babies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bocc Kob posted:

THE (former) DIRECTOR OF FUN WILL NOT BE PUT INTO A CORNER

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bocc Kob posted:

And offered 45 minutes of show time on whatever subject he wants if the apology is given.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

njsykora posted:

And offered 45 minutes of show time on whatever subject he wants if the apology is given.

Which should obviously be The Life and Times of UltraMantis Black.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

I'm not sure the greatness and deviousness can be properly captured in only 45 minutes.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

STAC Goat posted:

I think the real issue is that 4 nights of the same wrestling - same roster, same product, same bookers, same basic matches and stories - is too much for any sane fan. Four nights of different kinds of wrestling might be fun but 4 nights of the same stuff is the definition of "redundant" or "overkill."
On the other hand, we all know that sooner or later there'll be some weeks that make us wish we had 4 consecutive days of great wrestling. It's a delicate balance.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

@THETOMMYDREAMER posted:

Just went to the mirror & this is what I see F*CKING PISSED @theshieldWWE swelling is bad

:stare:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:stonk: What the hell went wrong to really mess him up? Though it being Tommy Dreamer and not Randy Orton is a blessing in disguise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

why is that Rocky Dennis photo in a wrestling thread

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How the gently caress did that happen?! Dude looks like he's been the victim of a legitimate assault. :gonk:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He said a bolt went into his head. He's got a real bad puncture wound in the middle of his forehead.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maybe...maybe its time to stop being so hardcore, Tommy.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
WWE should play this up on TV, although maybe it's too gruesome for the PG rating

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

WWE should play this up on TV, although maybe it's too gruesome for the PG rating
Cena trying to EAT AJ's head like Kirby was too gruesome for for TV-15

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
He keeps posting worse and worse pictures and basically saying "Help me, what do I do"... Is it a metal reaction, or an infection, or what the heck? I feel terrible for him. :(

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Frilled Lizard posted:

He keeps posting worse and worse pictures and basically saying "Help me, what do I do"... Is it a metal reaction, or an infection, or what the heck? I feel terrible for him. :(

Tell him to go to the doctors and get it checked out.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
tell him to tie a ribbon around his neck and give himself to a child

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's all a work you marks :smug:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

My theory; Hes been bitten by the Big Show, now hes turning into a Big Show. Starting with his face.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Tommy is a better fit for the role Lon Chaney made famous.

But seriously, why would you post on Twitter instead of the going to the doctor?

Either #wrestling or #lolamericanhealthcare

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Minitrue posted:

But seriously, why would you post on Twitter instead of the going to the doctor?

Either #wrestling or #lolamericanhealthcare

I was going to say, I often think this until I remember that Americans need to pay to get medical attention.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Plus, come on, it's Tommy Dreamer.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Regal is watching the BBC documentary on old british wrestling and just complaining non-stop about how there's no mention of any northern wrestlers.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I did notice a pretty big gap around that too. No Johnny Saint? Rollerball Rocco? Marty Jones? Finlay?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

VogeGandire posted:

I did notice a pretty big gap around that too. No Johnny Saint? Rollerball Rocco? Marty Jones? Finlay?

Saint was on a poster on a wall for about 5 seconds of screen time but that was it. All I could think of for them not including names like you mentioned or Pat Roach with his Auf Wiedersehen connection was the old promoter just wanting to talk about his brother Big Daddy (as even Haystacks was only really mentioned as Daddy's nemesis) and that drowning out everything else towards the end of that era.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, it seems less like a documentary about British wrestling, and more a documentary about Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo and Big Daddy.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Lol, I replied to one of Dreamers many tweets about his face asking if he had considered a doctor or maybe a plastic surgeon and he sent me a DM saying "thanks, the swelling will go down".

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
NXT trainers' Christmas greeting: Take 1, Take 2, and Take 3

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

NXT trainers' Christmas greeting: Take 1, Take 2, and Take 3

It will never stop being weird thinking that Sara Del Rey is an NXT trainer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Man, Tout is a terrible medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The fact that if you click Take One, it'll play and then play the previous tout rather than the next. So backwards :psyduck: