Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
The one famous old guy is around to be famous because all the other people have died. You think no one else used lead body filler like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I don't care if it's tacky, lead sleds have GOT to have flames..

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

ultimateforce posted:

The one famous old guy is around to be famous because all the other people have died. You think no one else used lead body filler like that?

With that set of genes a dude who spends his life eating salad and jogging could probably go into space without a suit on.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's not a car, but it's certainly awesome compared to this time last year.

(price without card is 3c/gal higher on all grades - Kroger)

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

sadnessboner posted:

There's a Barra 6cyl swapped AMC Javelin up for sale at this month's Shannon's Auction. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a turbocharged one.

Maybe I should post up my brothers Javelin. Not many here in NZ
Actually he traded the dodgy 393 out of his javelin to some other guy in NZ for a good 343. While doing the trade the other guy offered to part with one of his AMX's(which he had 3 of, only 7 in NZ)
So my brother bought the AMX shell which was blasted back to bare metal and primered and had 95% of the gear apart from motor/box. And then he traded someone else for a supposedly(but ended up minor) dodgy 343/trans with a reco 293 that he had.

Looking through numbers he found out the 393 that he traded was the original motor out of the AMX he bought.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Preoptopus posted:

The old timer at our shop has been standing in a cloud of dust from cleaning off rims for about 36 years breathing gently caress knows what. When I started bringing a dust mask he jokes "what you dont want to die?! But seriously that's a good idea, I've never seen that before" :stare:

Not to be all "yay government!" but OSHA probably is one of the better agencies to be created. The only reason I bring this up is I was looking in my microbiology book yesterday at pictures of guys handling infectious diseases without even wearing gloves. Talking literally handling gonorrhea with bare hands. But enough safety chat. More pics!

Some cars in the rafters waiting for me after I finish school to start a project thread.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

VikingSkull posted:

Here's a good demo of lead filler

See the dude in the red jacket? That's Bill Hines. He's completely hosed up from decades using the stuff, and smoking a cigar while he gives no fucks. Safety gear is a must nowadays, never ignore it.

1:03 - [referring to tinning compound] "When they took the mercury out of it, it wouldn't work right! ... No good."

e: beaten like a mad hatter.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 18, 2012

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
The front apron of my bug actually has tons of lead on it from when it was repaired back in the early 60s.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Remember Top Gear have had a couple of races where a car has used a dirt track to race a bosled down a run? Lightweights, says Jim Clark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XyqpD1_O4

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 18, 2012

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

InitialDave posted:

Remember Top Gear have had a couple of races where a car has used a dirt track to race a bosled down a run? Lightweights, says Jim Clark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XyqpD1_O4

I have a perma-boner from that bobsled chick and her camel toe bobsled suit. Her and Sabine Schmidt the Nurberg taxi woman should have a relationship.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

jonathan posted:

I have a perma-boner from that bobsled chick and her camel toe bobsled suit. Her and Sabine Schmidt the Nurberg taxi woman should have a relationship.

You're going to have to be more specific. I watched that video and the Top Gear Evo vs Bobsled challenge, and all I saw were Scandinavian men.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Safety Dance posted:

You're going to have to be more specific. I watched that video and the Top Gear Evo vs Bobsled challenge, and all I saw were Scandinavian men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzxS-3vO6Gw

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

jonathan posted:

I have a perma-boner from that bobsled chick and her camel toe bobsled suit

Jesus what is the matter with you?

Awesome AI poo poo:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
SH/SC refugees ACTIVATE

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

kastein posted:

SH/SC refugees ACTIVATE

Hahahah, that's awesome.

*springs trap*

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Hahahah, that's awesome.

*springs trap*

Caught me too. Awesome.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I don't get it but laughed anyway :downs:. Maybe it registered subconsciously. Anyone care to explain the joke so I can laugh some more?

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Terrible Robot posted:

I don't get it but laughed anyway :downs:. Maybe it registered subconsciously. Anyone care to explain the joke so I can laugh some more?
It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

grover posted:

What it is missing is a colorfully decorated oval shape in the rear window..

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

grover posted:

You're not supposed to give the right answer.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

grover posted:

Ahahaha, so it was subconscious after all. Been a loong time since I exercised the "working on computers" part of my brain.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

Preoptopus posted:

The old timer at our shop has been standing in a cloud of dust from cleaning off rims for about 36 years breathing gently caress knows what. When I started bringing a dust mask he jokes "what you dont want to die?! But seriously that's a good idea, I've never seen that before" :stare:

Thats pretty funny.

Unfortunately its not that cool when that old guy develops really bad lung disease due to 40 years of brake dust, and cant retire because hes kinda broke, and he stands by the lift having a seizure because his lungs arent drawing enough O2. (this happened)

Not sad:
I think this car is awesome I would totally drive one without the light bar, in flat black.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I wish I had taken a picture of this contraption this guy showed me, but a few weeks ago I went to buy this old jack from a guy who ran a shop, and after I got he asked if I wanted to see anything else he had for sale, and then lit up and said he had something I'd probably never seen before. What he had was this old-rear end lead sprayer. It kinda looked like a paint gun, with no tank and a power cord running out of it, and a feed for these lead rods on the top. I guess it would melt them down and spray lead to fix dents. I couldn't believe they actually used something like that.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ExplodingSims posted:

I couldn't believe they actually used something like that.

Not like napalm is just found on the ground, right?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Viggen posted:

Not like napalm is just found on the ground, right?

Just thinking of the health risks of spraying melted lead had my head spinning.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ExplodingSims posted:

Just thinking of the health risks of spraying melted lead had my head spinning.

and now, thanks to STR, you're also thinking of hot tar.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

I wish I had taken a picture of this contraption this guy showed me, but a few weeks ago I went to buy this old jack from a guy who ran a shop, and after I got he asked if I wanted to see anything else he had for sale, and then lit up and said he had something I'd probably never seen before. What he had was this old-rear end lead sprayer. It kinda looked like a paint gun, with no tank and a power cord running out of it, and a feed for these lead rods on the top. I guess it would melt them down and spray lead to fix dents. I couldn't believe they actually used something like that.

Never heard of them. Where can I get one? Also if there's one that works like my kerosene blowtorch that's extra points. By the way, they put out a really hot flame if you put petrol in them but it sort of compromises the pressure tank.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Raw_Beef posted:

Not sad:
I think this car is awesome I would totally drive one without the light bar, in flat black.

I've always had a soft spot for the Dodge Monaco (because of the Bluesmobile). It's big, wallowy and makes crap for power, even with the 440. But it's still cool.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Viggen posted:

and now, thanks to STR, you're also thinking of hot tar.
Did an Ecuadorian roadcrew catch you trying to steal their precious bitumen?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

ExplodingSims posted:

This really sounds like a bad idea on every possible level.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Boost

I'm in WI for vacation and it's snowing...have some awesome old cars doing a rally in the snow

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This guy's youtube channel is full of his snow wheeling videos.

Basically, take old beater 4x4's and turn them into Icelandic style glacier runners. + 4 wheel steering, and them drive them up mountains in Oregon and Washington.

Some of the shots have them floating on 6 foot deep snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzywoKsTf8Q

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kastein posted:

SH/SC refugees ACTIVATE

It's rather clever

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

white is such a pretty color.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

that car is green :colbert:

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Beautiful images! It looks like the last was shot with a 70-200? In any case, awesome depth of field.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

atomicthumbs posted:

that car is green :colbert:

har har. the car is white. the photos are :airquote: trendy

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Looks like the car in the new Hitman game.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

oddspelling posted:

Looks like the car in the new Hitman game.

Or Batman: TAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

har har. the car is white. the photos are :airquote: trendy
I thought it was glow-in-the-dark paint like in Repo Man at first.