Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So... does the new agent in Ada's story get to be in the cutscenes, or is he just some imaginary companion that she made up out of boredom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I'm finally making the effort to finish this off. Jake Chapter 3 was a real step up for his campaign, I wish more of the game was like this. You know running around an area, killing enemies and picking up keys, unlocking doors and all. Rather than just cramming in loads of insane gimmicks.

The new FOV settings are ace too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every character has a segment that is literally picking up keys and they are almost always bad except for Jake's because you can actually kill his enemies in that one and with melee.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah, it's like the core combat mechanics are really solid and fun but the game refuses to give you situations where you can just enjoy shooting enemies and smashing them to bits without doing something loving infuriating every 5 minutes.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Relin posted:

Are there cheevos connected to No Hope? My co-op partner doesn't want to play through past Professional. Also, are the costumes unlockable on re.net the same as the ones available in game?
The costumes on the site are recolors of the alternates in the game, along with different weapon loadouts.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Cyra posted:

The costumes on the site are recolors of the alternates in the game, along with different weapon loadouts.

Wait, they have alternate loadouts? :stare: I'm buying that poo poo right now.

Also, anyone willing to partner with me for Ada's Chapter 4? I need to kill one humanoid Carla Spore there to get my bestiary complete. I also need one of those mutated body Ja'vos, but aren't they in some Mercenary map? :v:

PS3, by the way.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Azran posted:

It's the same loadout as the usual alternate costumes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Krad posted:

It's the same loadout as the usual alternate costumes.

Oh. :downs:

So a new map pack came out? The one that includes Liquid Fire. Is it worth it? At least for me, it seems no one plays the vanilla maps anymore.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Azran posted:

Also, anyone willing to partner with me for Ada's Chapter 4? I need to kill one humanoid Carla Spore there to get my bestiary complete.

There's a bestiary? :pwn:

edit: oh, wait, you mean the files about the enemies that open up on the arcade cabinets. I guess the word 'bestiary' made me think of something that had more effort.

Bonaventure fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 17, 2012

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

There's a bestiary? :pwn:

edit: oh, wait, you mean the files about the enemies that open up on the arcade cabinets. I guess the word 'bestiary' made me think of something that had more effort.

Nah, I meant the Records section - there's a list of every enemy you've killed, alongside with weapon use statistics.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Relin posted:

Are there cheevos connected to No Hope? My co-op partner doesn't want to play through past Professional. Also, are the costumes unlockable on re.net the same as the ones available in game?

According to PS3Trophies there are no new trophies with this update. However you do get double skill points in No Hope mode.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Azran posted:

Oh. :downs:

So a new map pack came out? The one that includes Liquid Fire. Is it worth it? At least for me, it seems no one plays the vanilla maps anymore.

I'd say so, especially for only $2. Liquid Fire and Requiem for War are really fun maps with some interesting mechanics and enemy variety thrown in them.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Semiru posted:

According to PS3Trophies there are no new trophies with this update. However you do get double skill points in No Hope mode.

There will be achievements for the new DLC multiplayer modes: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/resident-evil-6/achievements/

But none for the new difficulty level, or anything else that came with the title update today.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Has the Resident Evil ORC DLC ever gone on sale? As bad as the game was, I'm still like the only person who enjoyed playing it and platinumed the game. I'd like to play the spec ops DLC but there's no way I'm paying 9.99 for each set of missions.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009

Semiru posted:

Has anybody participated in any of those residentevil.net events? I've tried for a couple but the last one didn't count my score :mad:

Anyway, there's a team based one coming up - anyone interested? I think you just get two team members and you have a cumulative score: http://residentevil.net/en/playstation/event-21.html

Yup. I'm in either the top 20 or 25 for the Jake/Sherry chapter 1 speedrun on Xbox. I was initially 21st, got an email saying I was 20th, and I haven't bothered to check since.

If you did Ada's, wait until the 18th. It takes a few days for the final times to go up, so your time might still be posted. That's what happened to me on Jake's. I got the time, but it didn't appear on RE.net until they put up the final scores. My friend was worried that it wouldn't be allowed since all the times he's posted for various speedruns have been removed, and we went through it together.

I tried No Hope mode for Jake/Sherry chapter 1 and I enjoyed it. I think parts of Chris' campaign are going to be hell on earth, but considering I did about half the chapter by myself, it wasn't too bad. It reminded me a lot of Pro on RE5, which I always liked for the challenge.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
What the gently caress happened, after the rest of the game being patchy as gently caress the second half of Jake's campaign was consistently great.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So is Mercenaries still the best grinding spot for Skill Points? :v:

I just managed to complete the Enemies section of the Records. Thanks to you, anonymous stranger that helped me complete Ada's 4th Chapter in 20 minutes.

EDIT: I really want them to add sub-chapter support sooner or later. :ohdear:

Azran fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 19, 2012

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/183817/Resident_Evil_6_isnt_selling_as_well_as_Capcom_hoped.php#.UNF_jHcu3aY

RE6 selling badly, all I can say is good, though one wonders if Capcom actually cares.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
As much as I hated the game, Capcom would've considered it a failure if it didn't sell 2 billion copies.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
The lesson they will take away from this is to outsource the development of the next Resident Evil title to PopCap Games.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bonaventure posted:

The lesson they will take away from this is to outsource the development of the next Resident Evil title to PopCap Games.

Or they'll think it wasn't actiony enough, RE7 to be an FPS with customizable load-outs, perks and killstreaks.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Now that I'm almost finished with RE6, here's my Resident Evil 7 wishlist/fanfic:
  • Keep it in a single location. A University was a good idea, set the whole game in a University campus where there were some shady goings on which have led to an outbreak of some kind. And maybe even go against all expectations and not have a hidden facility under it.
  • Let the player explore the location for fucks sake. Look at something like Dark Souls, there's only really one correct path through most areas, but you at least feel like you are exploring it.
  • Merchant & Gun upgrades. I don't care if it's fan service, it'll buy you some goodwill you fuckheads. Along with this, you should be able to customise your loadout.
  • Make co-op as unobtrusive as possible.
  • No loving QTEs.
  • No loving vehicles.
  • No loving turret sections.
  • More melee moves. I don't care how 'survival horror' the wrestling moves are, it's fun. The more outlandish the better frankly.
  • Cool it with the set-pieces. The core combat is fun, give it room to breathe and stop over-designing every loving encounter.

And most importantly...

• BARRY BURTON
  • JOSH STONE

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Leyburn posted:

Now that I'm almost finished with RE6, here's my Resident Evil 7 wishlist/fanfic:
  • No loving QTEs.

You shut the gently caress up. :colbert:

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
They can keep the mash X to smash someone's face in QTEs if they want.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Alteisen posted:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/183817/Resident_Evil_6_isnt_selling_as_well_as_Capcom_hoped.php#.UNF_jHcu3aY

RE6 selling badly, all I can say is good, though one wonders if Capcom actually cares.

So did you actually read the article you linked or did you just see the title of it and let your apparent dislike of the game make you jump to conclusions? Nothing in the article even hints that this is the case, just that the game initially sold well in spite of reviews and sales have slowed more than expected so it probably won't be meeting Capcom's previous estimate of 7 million units sold by the end of the fiscal year, which to be fair is a little high and has supposedly been changed to 6 million in light of the sales figures, so let's wait until we get some actual sales figures before we go writing the game off as a commercial failure, okay?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RageBeef posted:

So did you actually read the article you linked or did you just see the title of it and let your apparent dislike of the game make you jump to conclusions? Nothing in the article even hints that this is the case, just that the game initially sold well in spite of reviews and sales have slowed more than expected so it probably won't be meeting Capcom's previous estimate of 7 million units sold by the end of the fiscal year, which to be fair is a little high and has supposedly been changed to 6 million in light of the sales figures, so let's wait until we get some actual sales figures before we go writing the game off as a commercial failure, okay?

At no point did they discuss sales numbers either, but shaving off that much of your projected earnings cannot be a good sign.

And to be completely honest, yea I want it to fail, the only way Capcom might stop doing the anti-consumer poo poo it keeps doing is their finances take a steep decline or their big franchises sell badly.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 20, 2012

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Alteisen posted:

Considering how badly they let Ninja Theory gently caress up Devil May Cry, I've got to go with an overwhelming "nope!"

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Looks like Capcom, king of lovely multiplayer games that aren't fighters, once again decided to not give a gently caress when designing the Survivors mode. Didn't learn for RE5 versus huh? Why play any one other than the Agent! And why are enemy and ally names the same color. I love a total lack of invulnerability frames when downed (which of course happened in one shot due to magnums)!

Relin fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 21, 2012

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
RE6 sold pretty well given the public reaction, and initial sales were veeery strong; but bad word of mouth killed and Capcom expected to sell at the very least 2 more mil copies

Semiru posted:

Has anybody participated in any of those residentevil.net events? I've tried for a couple but the last one didn't count my score :mad:
I want to but for some reason capcom thought no full integration with the actual game was a good idea; I ain't going to check the website to find if any events are going on

EQFiddleCastrol
Sep 19, 2002

YO YO YO -- this is a shout-out to my fellow BBB's (Big Booty Bitches). Love you Celestie and Linds :)
the co-op implementation of Agent in Ada's campaign is so shamefully clunky and hamfisted it seems more like a lackluster mod than something released officially. I mean there was virtually no effort spent on it

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

EQFiddleCastrol posted:

the co-op implementation of Agent in Ada's campaign is so shamefully clunky and hamfisted it seems more like a lackluster mod than something released officially. I mean there was virtually no effort spent on it

Agent blinks from one side of doors to the other. :v:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Is the agent forced into your game now, or is its inclusion optional?

If it's the former, then good job wrecking one of the few immersive chapters of the game, Capcom.

EQFiddleCastrol
Sep 19, 2002

YO YO YO -- this is a shout-out to my fellow BBB's (Big Booty Bitches). Love you Celestie and Linds :)

Azran posted:

Agent blinks from one side of doors to the other. :v:

Agent's teleportation abilities render Ada's grappling hook pretty pathetic. She'll zip up somewhere and Agent will already be standing there like, " what took you so long" :smug:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Is the agent forced into your game now, or is its inclusion optional?

If it's the former, then good job wrecking one of the few immersive chapters of the game, Capcom.

Nah, he isn't there if you play solo. gently caress, you can't even play him if you are the host.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Recent string of pubs have been pretty bad, guess they got the game for Christmas.

Do people actually get kills in agent hunt? Seems you'd have to be retarded to die to the monsters in this game.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Yeah, it's pretty easy, as long as you don't get put into a game on Amateur/Normal with infinite ammo enabled. Especially if you've got a maxed out attack skill. Unfortunately basically nobody on professional turns agent hunt on which is a shame.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Capcom USA asks what digital Resident Evil games you would like to see. Some of these options sound incredible.

The answers, in case you were curious, are "Port REmake to new platforms" and anything related to Outbreak :colbert:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Here's that Christmas update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_qV41Bo8U

Kind of a bummer. I hope this thing sees the light of day. I just want to know what they're using as source material...

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Capcom USA asks what digital Resident Evil games you would like to see. Some of these options sound incredible.

The answers, in case you were curious, are "Port REmake to new platforms" and anything related to Outbreak :colbert:

Does Puerto Rico not exist for these people? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duel
Jan 27, 2005

I also gave notice to Ace Attorney because I need to show Shu Takumi some support :colbert:

The current GC remake will never ever reach any other platform, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjoVHG-H3TQ

Didn't see this posted