Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:
Normally, I'd post antics like this in the stupid poo poo thread (or not at all), but I like what he's done to that tractor, and must admit... though youtube has plenty of tractor drifting and burnouts and gimmick poo poo, this is the first time I've ever seen someone actually smoke the tires doing an open-road burnout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHl24QynOM

grover fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

grover posted:

Normally, I'd post antics like this in the stupid poo poo thread (or not at all), but I like what he's done to that tractor, and must admit... though youtube has plenty of tractor drifting and burnouts and gimmick poo poo, this is the first time I've ever seen someone actually smoke the tires doing an open-road burnout.

Sweet mother, that is the best tractor in the world

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

grover posted:

This is great, I'd hope you wouldn't consider this a stupid antic.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The only car thats ever made me vom.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 21, 2012

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

grover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

the only thing that comes to mind

SiB
May 6, 2005
This could be in the wrong thread.... When we get bored at work we build stupid poo poo like this. (Car remote starter is the controller)

http://youtu.be/kIu5Fa55R8M

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Where the hell do you live that already has that much snow?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

travisray2004 posted:

Canada?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Wisconsin?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Iowa just got that much!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Made you what?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Vomit. Do a sick.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Is... Is that Keanu Reeves?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
It would have taken aaaaages to type out two more letters.

Untitled by Andrés Lázaro, on Flickr

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah he lives in Birmingham now and is a small business owner that throws LSs in TVRs and the like.

Reichstag posted:

Who gives a poo poo.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Reichstag posted:

Vom is legitimate slang.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Explain to me why that car isn't awesome. I quite like it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No, it is awesome. It made me vomit because it was too quick around the ring. Overtaking GT3RS's around the outside of corners at like 160mph made me literally throw up. And now it's all made of carbon at the front :)

SiB
May 6, 2005

travisray2004 posted:

Alberta, Canada.

Realjones
May 16, 2004

Devyl posted:

Is... Is that Keanu Reeves?

I see I'm not the only one who instantly thought Keanu when I saw the picture.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Is that one of Billy Bob Thornton's cars? It is pretty drat fitting...

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
Over complex, worth it.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

oxbrain posted:

Over complex, worth it.

I, need, this.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

oxbrain posted:

Over complex, worth it.

As a professional mechanic I can only say that this should be mandatory everywhere, and should have a bracket for holding a toughbook.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
It goes up too, just as fast.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

mutt2jeff posted:

It goes up too, just as fast.

Ejection seat.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

oxbrain posted:

Over complex, worth it.

I thought we reached our limit when we hit Mars with unmanned drones and polluted it's surface with lovely robots. I guess, I was wrong. Nothing can stop Human ingenuity. Where does one buy such a marvelous thing?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I hope it makes the proper Transformers (G1, not that Michael Bay poo poo) sound effect when you use it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

oxbrain posted:

Over complex, worth it.

From http://youtu.be/Fh6z5BW_meE

Still looking for investors

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

So someone has a street legal Porsche 962C in Japan, 1 of 6 from Vern Schuppan's shop.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

BMB5150 posted:

So someone has a street legal Porsche 962C in Japan, 1 of 6 from Vern Schuppan's shop.

http://vimeo.com/50473835

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Found this on some other forum. Not sure if it's old news or not:

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/12005

quote:

The Porsche 917 Le Mans Raceway.
Description
This is the full-sized Porsche 917 replica that conceals a 1:32-scale working wooden slot car track faithful to the iconic Le Mans raceway. Painted in the same color scheme and #20 race number—an homage to the classic 1971 movie starring Steve McQueen—the 917 has genuine race-worn GT prototype tires on aluminum three-piece rims and working headlights and taillights. The precisely molded replica cowling opens like a clamshell at the touch of a button to reveal the track within. Resplendent in its handcrafted detail, the raceway is built with realistic landscaping and includes period signage illuminated by working streetlights: the Esso Oil Drop Man near the Ford chicane, the Marchal sign on the famous three-level grandstand over pit row, the Martini barn, and the unmistakable Dunlop "tire" bridge. Hand-detailed aluminum Armco guardrails with weathered wooden posts convey additional realism. Dual analog racing controllers provide precise control for the 12 included limited-edition slot cars, including the dominant racing models from 1970-1971, painted in authentic period livery: a Porsche 917, Ferrari 512 Coda Lunga, and Lola T70. Plugs into AC. Special conditions and guarantee limitations apply. Please call 1-800-227-3528 for details. 13 1/2' L x 7 1/2' W x 3' H. Order by Dec. 15 for Christmas delivery.(800 lbs.)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Only $125,000! I'll take 2.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

Only $125,000! I'll take 2.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me with that price tag. Says it looks like Le Mans, looks like Suzuka East Course.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

They're just really broad chicanes

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
With no crossover, the car on the inside track will always win...

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Yeah he lives in Birmingham now and is a small business owner that throws LSs in TVRs and the like.

Who gives a poo poo.

LS engines in a modern TVR makes Baby Jesus cry.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Anyone who would put an LS in a TVR clearly hasn't heard the sound of a stock TVR V8.

Fuckin' things sound like someone took an old school Ferrari and made it inhale glass.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
When I was over in Manchester England a few years back I managed to hear a Cerbera in full song and it was probably the most magical brutish exhaust notes that I've ever heard and I want to murder anyone who thinks it needs to be changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Also the powertrain is probably one of the few good things about an old TVR :v: