Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
No, those cars break down A LOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Anyone who would put an LS in a TVR clearly hasn't heard the sound of a stock TVR V8.

Fuckin' things sound like someone took an old school Ferrari and made it inhale glass.

On the very rare times said V8 is able to fire up. TVR's really are just plain poo poo for quality and reliabilty.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Build your own gas turbine! It's both awesome and terrible at the same time. The site is also terrible.

http://www.jetpower.co.uk/diygt_home.htm

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

General_Failure posted:

Build your own gas turbine! It's both awesome and terrible at the same time. The site is also terrible.

http://www.jetpower.co.uk/diygt_home.htm

I've posted this a few times over the years so I hope no one minds if I post it again:
http://www.rcdon.com/html/experimental_projects.html

This guy is awesome.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Their six sounds pretty good too, if you love fuel economy and want to marry it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlkKO-ERD0

But we all know what's up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSEj_TN-lSo

Cat Terrist posted:

On the very rare times said V8 is able to fire up. TVR's really are just plain poo poo for quality and reliabilty.
That's because they're handbuilt by a work-release mental patient in his parents' shed. The British are so terrible at building anything complicated it's a shocker their country hasn't floated away and caught on fire yet from attempting to build a dock.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 23, 2012

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Came across a 2013-ish Chevrolet Colorado testing here in town today, with at least one particularly interesting marking:

'Small' truck with a small diesel? Yes please. Though calling it small isn't saying much, it's basically narrower than a Silverado but not really any shorter in height.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm excited about a mid-size diesel pick-up, but that cab design is loving atrocious. It's a loving truck, it doesn't need a higher belt line. At least they seem to have fixed the massive wheel to fender gap problem.

e: Or at least minimized it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, those windows seem to be shorter than the ones on my Ranger, but they're even higher up.

Funny thing is, it's not like the 2013 Colorado hasn't already been announced or shown:

Front end was a very thinly camo'd version of what's seen there, with a giant block of tape trying to obscure the bowtie.

The only reason this thing caught my eye is the black cladding all over and the scrawled on EURO IV DIESEL ! on the side. The license plate itself is so old I didn't even recognize it as a manufacturer plate initially.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
My mom's 5cyl. Colorado is a piece of poo poo with the worst turning radius I have ever seen in a car or truck. It's falling apart quite literally as in the rear lights have fallen off, the third brake light has melted completely, the power windows no longer work, the IAC clogs constantly, the thermostat has broken, it has gone through at least 3 batteries, the CD player is broken, the seals around the door leak and let water in which might have something to do with the doors actually never closing right.

There is probably more but American cars are built like poo poo.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Not sure if to put here or in CA.

Nonetheless awesome.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

They used a Buick/Rover V8........what more needs to be said?

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

angryhampster posted:

Nonetheless awesome.

That is, indeed, awesome! Where can I get one??

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

angryhampster posted:

Nonetheless awesome.

This is the best of all possible worlds.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

We had a Colorado in our shop once where the owner had peeled off the letters so the badges said LOR D. He also had god stickers all over and a wooden statuette of praying hands sitting on the floor beneath the console.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The British are so terrible at building anything complicated it's a shocker their country hasn't floated away and caught on fire yet from attempting to build a dock.

Yeah god knows how we build the majority of the F1 grid :rolleyes:

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

Terrible Robot posted:

Is that one of Billy Bob Thornton's cars? It is pretty drat fitting...

Billy Bob's is in Fort Worth Texas. World's biggest honky tonk.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

DixielandDelight posted:

Billy Bob's is in Fort Worth Texas. World's biggest honky tonk.

That makes even more sense :doh:. Still, I could definitely see Thornton driving that car.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Motronic posted:

They used a Buick/Rover V8........what more needs to be said?
The later ones are the TVR AJP8 engine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I saw this while walking around yesterday.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

InitialDave posted:

The later ones are the TVR AJP8 engine.

Oh...that's right. The BMW ownership scare that the Rover V8 would be dropped.

....and they didn't.

But Ford did.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I believe the quote at the time was "I'm not having a bloody German engine in my cars".

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Endless Mike posted:

Honestly, the crappy cuts in the hood make this even more OK for me.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Endless Mike posted:

I agree with this. Any more pics per chance?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Endless Mike posted:

I bet this one makes silly horsepower. I also bet the hood is temporary while a fiberglass version is built. Not like you're going to wait around for a hood to be fitted while your new turbo setup sits in a garage.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

angryhampster posted:

Nonetheless awesome.

President Camacho?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

oddspelling posted:

President Camacho?

He was smarter than whats his face. He knew to pass the buck, plus he also knew his demographic.

I'm still waiting for Ow My Balls to become a real thing. TV is painfully dumbed down these days.

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

General_Failure posted:

He was smarter than whats his face. He knew to pass the buck, plus he also knew his demographic.

I'm still waiting for Ow My Balls to become a real thing. TV is painfully dumbed down these days.

Have you seen total wipeout usa? I had the misfortune to see a whole show last week and all I could think of was idiocracy, were almost there :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Devyl posted:

I agree with this. Any more pics per chance?
Sorry, I just took the one.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I'm not sure if this is awesome; someone who knows about widebody Mercedes(es) needs to confirm.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

IOwnCalculus posted:

Came across a 2013-ish Chevrolet Colorado testing here in town today, with at least one particularly interesting marking:

'Small' truck with a small diesel? Yes please. Though calling it small isn't saying much, it's basically narrower than a Silverado but not really any shorter in height.

http://www.holden.com.au/vehicles/colorado

2.8L Duramax apparently

mattmofob
May 2, 2005

DUCK

atomicthumbs posted:

I'm not sure if this is awesome; someone who knows about widebody Mercedes(es) needs to confirm.

The wheels look correct, but those flares look crappy. The real zender has a wide body kit.
http://www.1000sel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=32

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

Anyone else remember these? Found mine after cleaning out the last of my move boxes. Official ID badge of the AI cool kids club. :colbert:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
I still have mine. Not sure where I put it, but I have seen it at least once in my current house.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
drat I don't have any cool AI swag and I've been here for going on 9 years.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Kotaru posted:

Anyone else remember these? Found mine after cleaning out the last of my move boxes. Official ID badge of the AI cool kids club. :colbert:

ohhhhh poo poo. I need to find mine. Also, I think I have a bunch of Cycle Asylum Pig Patches. That kinda died out sadly. :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kotaru posted:

I never got one :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Not sure if awesome or awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAeYJV5P0jk

Pretty ballsy to submit oneself to so many collisions like that, but it seems like the methodology is all wrong. And is that a motorcycle helmet?

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
After all the hell they put it through, I am wondering why they did that to begin with? Seemed like a stout car.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Yeah that definitely seems like a waste of a perfectly good 850.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
While that was a bit painful to watch, it was pretty loving awesome to see that 855 rip other cars apart and then just drive off with some dents :black101:. Gonna show this to all my friends who don't like my wagon.