Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978
When you scope a revenant, do you hip fire or aim fire it? I've found aimed firing the aim point climbs too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Silver Alicorn posted:

If you hate grenades like me, just skip 'em altogether

I would never do this on the Destroyer, either 6/6/3/5/6 for All The Shields (remember they buffed the Hawk Mode so it barely drops your Shields anymore) or 6/6/4/4/6. Destroyer's Grenades are too good at mass staggering to pass up, imo. It's the closest thing to an Oh poo poo Button he has.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

precision posted:

I would never do this on the Destroyer, either 6/6/3/5/6 for All The Shields (remember they buffed the Hawk Mode so it barely drops your Shields anymore) or 6/6/4/4/6. Destroyer's Grenades are too good at mass staggering to pass up, imo. It's the closest thing to an Oh poo poo Button he has.

Yeah with the +5 grenades things it's kinda nuts and hilarious.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Psimitry posted:

When you scope a revenant, do you hip fire or aim fire it? I've found aimed firing the aim point climbs too fast.

Gotta aim through the scope for the accuracy bonus to kick in. Get used to dragging your mouse down all the time. (you could also use the stability mod but I like to throw piercing on everything)

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Felinoid posted:

Surprisingly many at this point. Poor salarians have been ignored, though. :(

E: Now I want to see a Salarian Sentinel with Defensive Matrix.

If that next DLC really happens they have to give us Salarain STG classes along with that badass STG shotgun that fires grenades. :getin: It would be interesting if there was a spec option that gave new Salarians that Volus cloak in place of light melee. It's not like the squishy races use melee too often anyway, having an 'oh poo poo' button not tied to cooldowns would be more useful for getting out of tight situations.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Felinoid posted:

So has anyone done a Four Volus of the Apocalypse run yet, now that we've got all four Volus characters? I can only imagine the constant Shield-Boosting would make you all invincible if you were in close proximity.

I did this with a few goons the other night. I was the Vanguard. I think I died more than the others because of a bit of lag, but it went surprisingly well. Hacking is not an issue with four Volus, regardless of where you're located when it occurs.

We all kept getting the no-attack bug from shield boost though. :negative:

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Cheap Vodka posted:

If that next DLC really happens they have to give us Salarain STG classes along with that badass STG shotgun that fires grenades. :getin: It would be interesting if there was a spec option that gave new Salarians that Volus cloak in place of light melee. It's not like the squishy races use melee too often anyway, having an 'oh poo poo' button not tied to cooldowns would be more useful for getting out of tight situations.

Oh gawd that gun was possibly the most broken DLC gun out of a lot of broken DLC guns. I could kill atlases on insanity with two shots from it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cheap Vodka posted:

If that next DLC really happens they have to give us Salarain STG classes along with that badass STG shotgun that fires grenades.

Ahahaha, yeah the Venom is the most broken thing ever.

More Salarians is like the #1 thing everyone wants now that DrellFiltrator exists, they'd be morons not to do it.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Given that there's now a female turian model, they'd be insane not to slap together a new pack.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Cheap Vodka posted:

Yeah, this. They could definitely do Salarian Sentinel and Salarian Soldier. If they wanted to get crazy they could even do Salarian Adept.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gordon Shumway posted:

Yeah, this. They could definitely do Salarian Sentinel and Salarian Soldier. If they wanted to get crazy they could even do Salarian Adept.

Female Salarian Adept, because they all look the same anyway :v:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was kicked for entering a lobby with the vorcha engineer earlier, first time I've ever been kicked.

Since they made such a big deal out of Nyreen being a biotic (even though her tech powers are more useful than her biotic ones) I figure they would probably go with female turians for new biotic classes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There is a really dumb bias against the VorEng even though he's just fine to me. Incinerate isn't the rear end-end of the power spectrum anymore since Firesplosions got fixed/buffed and SubNet is great.

Maybe they were idiots who don't realize they fixed his SubNet? Or just idiots in general since kicking people is dumb. 2 or 3 good players should be able to complete a match with few issues, so it really doesn't bother me if 1 or 2 suboptimal people join. By requiring a squad of 4 "power kits" or whatever they're actually saying "Why yes, I am poo poo at this game because I need 3 full power partners".

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
The biggest problem with the Vorcha Eng is he can't detonate his own fire explosions because Sub. Net is a primer only power. In practice it's not a big deal if your teammates are using powers and not wandering off alone. I'd agree that trying to kick one is a huge warning sign that your teammates expect you to carry their dumb asses.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My problem with the VorchaEng is that whenever I tried him, Submission Net would either go off to who the gently caress knows where whenever I fired it, or it would literally go wide right as soon as it was about to touch the enemy and then fly off to who the gently caress knows where. I basically had to be stuffing my omnitool down the enemy's throat to hit them with it and at that range, I might as well just be playing a much better class and using Flamer instead.

This only happens to me with the VorchaEng. BatSent hits picture-perfect with the Net every time, so, I dunno.

Lagomorphic posted:

Tuesday because the change was made to curb missile glitching. It didn't and it turned a cool high power but somewhat niche gun into an absurdly overpowered auto-include. I'm happy about the change. The Acolyte was never going to last as it was and reverting to the old mechanic is much better than stepping on the damage until it's another Krysae.

:laffo:

As if the fact that it was an "absurdly overpowered auto-include" didn't have something to do with the fact that Geth and Collectors are absolute bullshit and still haven't been balanced in the least since Retaliation came out.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 22, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I end up saying this about any game that has any bit of cooperation in it, but I cannot fathom how people are so inordinately loving terrible at this poo poo.

This game is NOT that hard, but people are so bungling and retarded that the moment I take a sync kill, the game is effectively over.

What the gently caress?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Is anyone else completely unable to play on Rio? Infinite loading screen whenever it tries to load Rio, even when I try it solo.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The RNG giveth, and the RNG taketh.

Half a million credits spent + weekend op completed = Hurricane VII :getin: , nearly maxed out Batarian Brawler and maxed out Havoc :frogout:

Meanwhile there is nary a Huntress or Drellfiltrator in sight, and I can't get any customization options on the Ghost.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

VJeff posted:

As if the fact that it was an "absurdly overpowered auto-include" didn't have something to do with the fact that Geth and Collectors are absolute bullshit and still haven't been balanced in the least since Retaliation came out.

I don't mind Geth, but Collectors are retarded. I can take sustained Cannibal/Marauder fire on Gold while running to/from cover, but literally ONE SECOND outside cover with Collectors and I'm out.

I don't know if it's that possession makes them hit several times harder, or whatever, but it's stupid. And that's nothing comparing Ravagers to Scions, where the latter can utterly destroy you in 2 seconds from anywhere on the map.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Geth have never seemed very difficult to me, they stagger a lot which is annoying but their AI is really dumb and they have no sync kill. If you are carrying your team in a random pug (and honestly, having any clue whatsoever means that you are) just try to focus on not dying in a bad spot and letting Hunters creep up on you.

Collectors are widely agreed upon as being the hardest faction, but most people have figured out their tricks by now. They'll drop a clueless team much faster (whereas with Cerberus you can maybe stick it out through Wave 10 sometimes) but will get owned by a competent group as much as any other race. So while I do occasionally cringe while rolling Collectors with iffy squadmates, I think their difficulty can get overblown at times. They're harder, but maybe only by like 10%. And they're one of the easiest races on Platinum IMHO, just because of how wave compositions work for that setting.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Collectors can get hairy in a second if the possession mechanic goes bad for you. An open map with a pair of possessed scions mean you're pinned or obliterated for any mistake. Other than that, if your team is smart enough to focus on troopers and captains whenever they can the waves can be managed fairly well.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Can I just go on the database and add random origin players? I just got this on pc and have no origin friends :(

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only problem I have with Collectors is the loving seeker swarms. Getting placed into a Collectors match as a power-heavy class like the Fury is just completely irritating. That's the one good thing about Platinum Collectors: less captains and troopers means less seeker swarms.

Ulio posted:

Can I just go on the database and add random origin players? I just got this on pc and have no origin friends :(

Check the first post for a Google spreadsheet with Goon names you can add. There are plenty of us still playing regularly.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

zxqv8 posted:

I end up saying this about any game that has any bit of cooperation in it, but I cannot fathom how people are so inordinately loving terrible at this poo poo.

This game is NOT that hard, but people are so bungling and retarded that the moment I take a sync kill, the game is effectively over.

What the gently caress?

The sad part is that I run into this same behaviour regardless of the difficulty. Everything will be flowing fine, sometimes noone will have even gone down at all for the first 6+ waves. And then I get sync-killed, and the team collapses within a minute on wave 8 or something, even if I'm playing loving bronze. It's almost like there's some sort of panic mechanic like in XCom.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Alright cool, I will certainly add a few.

I played alot on xbox first months since launch but haven't played since the first free dlc. I know there has been more dlcs but has the game changed a lot? It's still finding a good spot and staying together? Have they added any new modes? Also I am guessing they fixed the cheap cover grab spot.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I had a great weekend challenge. Got extractions on both Rio and Vancouver when I got dropped into games in progress...on the extraction waves :haw:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

Flamer doesn't detonate it only primes.

I think one of the wikis claims it detonates Snap Freeze only and it seemed to in the one game I played where it would have happened.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Ulio posted:

Alright cool, I will certainly add a few.

I played alot on xbox first months since launch but haven't played since the first free dlc. I know there has been more dlcs but has the game changed a lot? It's still finding a good spot and staying together? Have they added any new modes? Also I am guessing they fixed the cheap cover grab spot.

All of the above basically. At least in gold matches, it feels like its less about camping and more about maintaining tactical advantage. I tend to be in groups for gold that roam a lot, but platinum tends to be about seamless camping to a degree. And silver... Silver is about partying hard.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me whether or not Origin claims I am logged in? I just played a pub match and thought it would be nice to see if any PC goons are on, and then apparently I cannot login to my friends list.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

zxqv8 posted:

Would anyone be so kind as to tell me whether or not Origin claims I am logged in? I just played a pub match and thought it would be nice to see if any PC goons are on, and then apparently I cannot login to my friends list.

I had that earlier and it required a computer restart. And it seems it's back so I can't check for you. :ughh:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I just unlocked the Asari Adept, is going for 6/6/6/5/3 rather than 6/6/6/4/4 going to screw me?

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum
Just had a series of fun silver games, but before those, I joined an in progress game to find two of the team already dead and 11 seconds left on an elimination round.

zxqv8 posted:

Shows you as offline from here.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Excellent. Way to go, Origin. :saddowns:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I just had to restart Origin twice before it would get my friends list to load. So uh try that I guess.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah. EA's having none of that. For today, apparently, I have no friends.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

I just unlocked the Asari Adept, is going for 6/6/6/5/3 rather than 6/6/6/4/4 going to screw me?

It's a very minor difference. The extra shields lets you survive a tiny bit more fire from small arms, but pretty much any other attack will hit your shield gate regardless.

That power bonus doesn't add to biotic explosions, which are your main source of damage. Alternatively you could stasis snipe, but the rank 5 headshot bonus isn't terribly important either.

If you don't need the improved carrying capacity you could go 6/6/6/3/5 or 6/6/6/0/6. The reduced shield recharge is very nice, especially if you can stack it with other bonuses (shield power cells, multicapacitor/stronghold package gear).

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

This game is just piling on the loving bullshit today. I get dumped into extraction waves that then have enemies which I can't see but can see me. Leave, it eats my ammo despite never having fired a shot. Search for another, and it puts me right back into the same game right as extraction happens, and eats the ammo I loaded up and didn't even get a chance to use.

At least I got 3000 credits for my trouble. :downsgun:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Been working through my challenges and wound up using my Collector AR on my Slayer. Seems to actually fit together pretty well.

Rolled a Crusader VII off my Commendation pack, pretty happy with that. Put a high velocity V on it and it's hitting for 920 damage a shot and 2200 on headshots.

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 23, 2012

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

zxqv8 posted:

Yeah. EA's having none of that. For today, apparently, I have no friends.

Same here. Bioware. . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

This game is just piling on the loving bullshit today. I get dumped into extraction waves that then have enemies which I can't see but can see me. Leave, it eats my ammo despite never having fired a shot. Search for another, and it puts me right back into the same game right as extraction happens, and eats the ammo I loaded up and didn't even get a chance to use.

At least I got 3000 credits for my trouble. :downsgun:

This is one of the reasons I never put on equipment besides gear when going into games via quickmatch. You never know what you get and you lose stuff far too easily if things go bad. But lately I've been hosting matches or playing with friends a lot more than quickmatching.

• Locked thread