Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

DekeThornton posted:

Danish salty liquorice is weaksauce. Now we in Sweden knows how it should be made.

Katjes?? Seriously?? Hahahahaha!!

I scoff at your weak liquorice, and have to say that what we feed to infants you only can see locked away at System Bolaget!

Not that there's anything wrong with forbuds-sverige...

(That may be a lie - it most probably is, and I honest to god love Katjes - also 'Go Scandinavia' - and I left Djungelvrål completely out of my consideration on purpose)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

BOW DOWN

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Hard candy... psshh!

Then just go with bubble gum!

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

DENMARK GET OUT, You're not even taking this seriously!

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Made in Sweden :ssh:

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I know. Norwegian candy is marzipan and poo poo. I hate it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Christmas was more or less great, but my sister is completely self-centered and seems to be totally incapable of using any tone of voice that isn't condescending as all hell. She applied to adopt a cat that she's prepared to pay $200 for, but snootily informed our mother that she wasn't getting gifts for anyone. Also huffed and sighed and rolled her eyes when I asked mom to drop me off on the way back to sister's place because I was starting to feel a little car sick. It's not even out of the way, she just doesn't care about anyone's needs but her own.

She's just moved into her own apartment and has no idea how to manage her money, but she's too goddamn proud to ask for or accept help because she thinks she knows everything. I honestly hope she doesn't get that cat. After I had to give up my ferrets, they were supposed to be her responsibility, but she neglected them so much that they had to be placed with someone who'd actually take care of them. The sweet kitty we met at the shelter deserves better.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

BlueGrot posted:

DENMARK GET OUT, You're not even taking this seriously!

We love for the world to have our spunk in their mouths - Denmark - consistently trolling the world for 30 years!!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I'm glad that my suspicion that Danes are fed Gammel Dansk from infancy has been confirmed. It explains a lot.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I actually don't know anybody who drinks that (outside of on hunts that is).

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mommy, mommy! The moon-language people are fighting about something! Make them stop! MAKE THEM STOP! :cry:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

Mommy, mommy! The moon-language people are fighting about something! Make them stop! MAKE THEM STOP! :cry:
I didn't even realise they were fighting. Looked just like a jumble of strange words to me.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

BlueGrot posted:

I know. Norwegian candy is marzipan and poo poo. I hate it.

You take that poo poo back, traitor.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Never. Also, I'm allergic to almonds. I was 18 or 19 when I realised that marzipan was ground almonds.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

dino., what is so wtf about that tomato soup recipe? That's pretty much how my family did it when we had a garden. Tomatoes, water (because we were too midwestern for stock), dash of soda so the milk won't curdle, roux. It's not adventurous, but if you've got good tomatoes it showcases them well.

Also, those camel balls are hilarious.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

Just tell us another story about you & Mrs. Nipples, and they'll stop. Yes, for science. :flashfap:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

We have stopped, after re-establishing danish superiority in the world of liquorice!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Just tell us another story about you & Mrs. Nipples, and they'll stop. Yes, for science. :flashfap:

Hmmm. Well, for xmas I bought Mrs. Nipples a set of bright pink, micro-fleece footie pajamas. She looks ridiculous wearing them, sort of like a giant pink smurf.

I know, not very fapable, but if we put bunny ears on the hood, that would technically make her a furry, right?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

:golfclap:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mrs. Nipples. Okay then. :catstare:

I am probably not going home until tomorrow, but I finally managed to not suck at poaching eggs and I think I might get some new socks and maybe a pot to brew beer in.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thank gently caress for the GWS wiki. I am absolutely in love with most of the recipes on there. Hoooo mans.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

bartolimu posted:

dino., what is so wtf about that tomato soup recipe? That's pretty much how my family did it when we had a garden. Tomatoes, water (because we were too midwestern for stock), dash of soda so the milk won't curdle, roux. It's not adventurous, but if you've got good tomatoes it showcases them well.

Also, those camel balls are hilarious.

It just sounds so ... bland. Like, there's a bunch of other recipes in that same book that call for ginger, and clove, and mace, and all kind of good things. But the tomatoes? No basil, no garlic, no nothing. I was also WTFing at the addition of cream and baking soda. I've always thought of tomato soup as being ... tomato with stuff in, and not a creamy soup, because in my brain it doesn't go together.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

dino. posted:

It just sounds so ... bland. Like, there's a bunch of other recipes in that same book that call for ginger, and clove, and mace, and all kind of good things. But the tomatoes? No basil, no garlic, no nothing. I was also WTFing at the addition of cream and baking soda. I've always thought of tomato soup as being ... tomato with stuff in, and not a creamy soup, because in my brain it doesn't go together.

I mean, tomato bisque is a thing. That being said it does sound blandish to me, but I imagine if you had GOOD tomatoes it would be pretty good, if you like tomatoes.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

WIth really, really good, ripe tomatoes, you don't need much seasoning because they taste almost spicy in themselves. Maybe the baking powder brings out some of that as well.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

I wish I didn't live in an apartment in Manitoba so I could grow heirloom tomatoes and eat them all season long.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

dino. posted:

Yeah, it's a Midwestern recipe and therefore low on the spice quotient in general. Like Stovetop says, though, if you've got amazing tomatoes fresh from the garden sometimes you just want to let them shine. It's not the tomato soup we fixed every time, but it was a good starting point to add other stuff as desired. Sometimes I still fix tomato soup that way when I can get good heirlooms from the farmers' market.

Also vegans don't get to vote where cream does and doesn't fit in. :colbert:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

Hmmm. Well, for xmas I bought Mrs. Nipples a set of bright pink, micro-fleece footie pajamas. She looks ridiculous wearing them, sort of like a giant pink smurf.

I know, not very fapable, but if we put bunny ears on the hood, that would technically make her a furry, right?

Which company didja go with? I've got a pair in red, sans hood. I think they're from Jumpin Jammerz, but I couldn't say for sure.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Why yes, of course you own a pair.

I went with the Big Feet brand, I bought them from Amazon for 50 bucks.
http://www.bigfeetpjs.com/pajama-sleepwear/703.html

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

OH GREAT THEY'RE AT IT AGAIN

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

Casu Marzu posted:

She ended up just tossing everything in the fireplace.

In regards to the two bibles, I'm guessing it is a backup, since they don't even acknowledge my existence beyond me being an example as to why she is being sinful. I doubt they would try to "save" me.

Why can't I get John Lithgow out of my head when I read things like this?

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

I find it really really peculiar that onesies are The Thing right now, or were A Thing momentarily this year when all those weird famous people were rolling out wearing them. I kind of want a kigurumi because they look SO PLUSH AND COMFY but it would be the biggest shame of my life and nobody could see me in it ever. :ohdear:

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Lithgow in real life or Lithgow in Buckaroo Bonzai?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Clavietika posted:

I find it really really peculiar that onesies are The Thing right now, or were A Thing momentarily this year when all those weird famous people were rolling out wearing them. I kind of want a kigurumi because they look SO PLUSH AND COMFY but it would be the biggest shame of my life and nobody could see me in it ever. :ohdear:

If I can wear a loving kilt - you can wear one of those! Come on man!

Also - both my daughters wear onesies all the time..

Edit: I have learned from talking to americans that I should attach this:
I of cause mean 'man' in a non-gender specific internet kind of way that takes fully into account my deep respect for you GLTBAWDOPQ lifestyle choices, without showing the least bit of curiosity since it may be perceived as bigotry on my part..

'Man' does not imply that you have male sexual organs, nor does it imply that the sexual organs of your chosing are neither pretty nor otherwise. They have absolutely no interest to me, ever, and will never have it.

So how's it hanging?

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 28, 2012

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

Clavietika posted:

No shame. Catjama forever.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

:allears: Well that just melted my kigurumi shame away! You were initially the reason I kinda wanted one in the fashion thread but now I'm 110% sold.

Your orange cat still seems vaguely concerned though!

e:

Happy Hat posted:

Edit: I have learned from talking to americans that I should attach this:
I of cause mean 'man' in a non-gender specific internet kind of way that takes fully into account my deep respect for you GLTBAWDOPQ lifestyle choices, without showing the least bit of curiosity since it may be perceived as bigotry on my part..

'Man' does not imply that you have male sexual organs, nor does it imply that the sexual organs of your chosing are neither pretty nor otherwise. They have absolutely no interest to me, ever, and will never have it.

So how's it hanging?
To the left! :downsrim:

I understand what you meant! :) I call everyone dudes, my grandma is a dude to me. I think gender's kind of irrelevant to conversations, unless of course they're conversations about gender.

Clavietika fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 28, 2012

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Charmmi posted:

No shame. Catjama forever.

Wait wait wait, is that you?!? Bwahaha!! I would never wear a onesie, not even in private. I have too much self respect.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I look forward to the day when the internet finally completes itself and someone posts that very picture in this thread as an example of "the loving internet." unknowing that our very own Charmmi is its source.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

therattle posted:

Wait wait wait, is that you?!? Bwahaha!! I would never wear a onesie, not even in private. I have too much self respect.

I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am in my catjamas.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I suppose I do not understand fashion anymore.

Today is the day I became old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Charmmi posted:

I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am in my catjamas.

Emptyquotin this.