Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Really can't say I was expecting Fat Togami to literally be Togami. Gymnast girl reminds me of Aoi and Sakura but Dancer girl reminds me of Hacker Kid/Alter Ego from the first game physically.

This is so weird on every level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
That doesn't really look like only 130 lbs of weight gain.

AnticitizenOne
Dec 27, 2012
As I think someone else said earlier, Akane has a really weird physique for being a Super High-school Level Gymnast. That, and I find it really hard to believe that this Byakuya Togami is the Byakuya Togami from DR1, unless something really weird is going on.

Before I go any further with this, I read the spoiler policy in the OP, but does anyone know if full spoilers for DR1 are ok in this thread? Is it pretty much assumed, because the OP suggested reading the old LP first, that everyone here is fully familiar with it? Just making sure.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Wrist Watch posted:

130kg comes out to around 296 pounds, right? That seems a little light for a body that loving fat.

Nah, that's about how much I weigh and he's about how fat I am, aside from the face. Although I have yet to lounge on a throne waving a turkey leg imperiously (my life-long dream).

Random translation question: is there a reason it's been consistently referred to as a "southern" island? In everyday english we'd probably refer to something like this as a tropical island, but there's no way you guys didn't know that, so what's the significance?

Anyway, we've spoken to Togami (who was Togami, unsurprisingly) and everything was pretty normal. Weirdly so. His reaction to Hinata not knowing his SHSL ability is interesting, though. And he recognized his name. What does Togami know about our protagonist that we don't?

As for the chicken-into-cow trick, that does score a point for the "maybe this is a simulation" thing, along with Usami being able to appear anywhere on the island. Alternately, if she can appear anywhere, there must either be a series of service tunnels or she must have a bunch of bodies buried in different places, since she's not coming from the sky and there are no obvious structures around. Maybe both; we did get a shot in the intro video of a thousand red-eyed Usamis, and there were a bunch of spare Monobears waiting around in the first game too.

One way or another, this whole island feels like a set. Like you might try to dig a hole and see all that holodeck liney poo poo just under the topsoil.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Ok Togami is even more awesome now can't wait to find out more about him(the official art was not a suprise but I still laughted), I think him and Nagito are the people who I will vote for the Free Time events first because I really want to know what is going with then.

Akane's small introduction remided of Hagakure because it was the smallest one and we didn't learn much from her, Hagakure also was like that were we only started to see his true personality by chapter 3. I would assume she is going to last more than one chapter at least.

Hyoko is now with Celes as the character that made think "she will kill someone I bet", I got it right with Celes but I don't think this game will pull the same thing.

RandomYoshi posted:

Also, as a matter of fact, the fact that there's only one Super High-school Level Good Luck guy per year doesn't quite win me over: Naegi's title did change from Super High-school Level Good Luck (Bad Luck?) to Super High-school Level Hope at the end, so maybe he wasn't even a SHSL Good Luck to begin with? That's certainly a possibility.
That really doesn't say anything, a character can have two titles, remember that both Junko and Mukuro were SHSL Despair despite they having other titles, it's just the same thing with Naegi who is both Luck and Hope.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

Sherringford posted:

Hm, that's possible, but Togami doesn't seem particularly talkative. Plus Nagito seems to know an awful lot about him having earned money on his own and all - that's generally the kind of thing that doesn't come up in a conversation when you are talking to someone who seems keen on shutting you up.

"Go away. By the way I've earned a fortune on my own outside of inheriting my family's already ridiculous fortune."

Then again, if Nagito is Naegi, we can throw a lot of what he's saying right out of the window. It would explain why he knows who Togami is, and the earlier theory someone made about Naegi and Togami infiltrating games to presumably go Battle Royale 2 on everybody would explain why Nagito is trying to make it look like Togami is their classmate. Not that I'm saying we should just latch on to that theory(specially since I don't think our current evidence points to Nagito being Naegi) but it's something to keep in mind.

What I'm getting at is, the information Nagito is giving us seems pretty weird. We can probably form a decent theory on Togami once we have a better idea on what Nagito's game is.
Togami might not be talkative enough for that, but some other students who know him might be. Fuyuhiko strikes me as a person who might have a history with the Togami: his yakuza clan might have competed with the conglomerate in some spheres of influence.

Also, Togami might be famous enough for people to know him even without lurking the Net. I suppose reading about him in a newspaper or seeing him on the news and then recognizing him when you meet in person is quite possible.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AnticitizenOne posted:

As I think someone else said earlier, Akane has a really weird physique for being a Super High-school Level Gymnast. That, and I find it really hard to believe that this Byakuya Togami is the Byakuya Togami from DR1, unless something really weird is going on.

Before I go any further with this, I read the spoiler policy in the OP, but does anyone know if full spoilers for DR1 are ok in this thread? Is it pretty much assumed, because the OP suggested reading the old LP first, that everyone here is fully familiar with it? Just making sure.

Full spoilers for DR1 are absolutely allowed, and will certainly be ultimately necessary for discussion. There's already been some discussion about how Junko's personal game in DR1 might relate to what's going on in DR2 and DR0.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Per request, here's a 40-second video (YouTube via Polsy) showing walking around the island in motion. This is the beginning of today's update, walking from the hotel to the farm.

Frostyyy
Feb 24, 2012

You're going to die.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

And at the end of that video, Fat Togami appears?

I may be wrong but I think Chiaki appears right before him too.
I caught Fatogami when I saw that the first time but Chiaki blended in pretty well with the others, that I guess you just can't tell if you haven't already seen the characters.

AnticitizenOne
Dec 27, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Full spoilers for DR1 are absolutely allowed, and will certainly be ultimately necessary for discussion. There's already been some discussion about how Junko's personal game in DR1 might relate to what's going on in DR2 and DR0.

Thank you for clarifying.

Anyway, could it be possible that this game began between the time the original sixteen students arrived, and The Worst, Most Despair-inducing Incident in the History of Mankind? This would explain why Hope's Peak appeared to be operating normally when these new students arrived, why everyone thinks the Togami conglomerate still exists, and why the reputation of Hope's Peak hasn't been soured at all. Maybe they (with the possible exception of Togami) were the students scheduled to come in the year after the original sixteen, and then were diverted somehow to a different location.

Seems far-fetched to me, but Dangan Ronpa was never what we'd call predictable. No doubt I'm overlooking something, but with my limited information this seems like a decent explanation.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I'm sorry if I've skipped something obvious but why is everyone insisting that Fatgami is THE Togami from the first game?

I feel that it's much more likely that it's another family member with the same name or a complete imposter claiming to be Togami.

Do we have any idea the time between the games yet? It could be 100's of years.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Powerfrog posted:

I'm sorry if I've skipped something obvious but why is everyone insisting that Fatgami is THE Togami from the first game?

I feel that it's much more likely that it's another family member with the same name or a complete imposter claiming to be Togami.

Do we have any idea the time between the games yet? It could be 100's of years.

Well, Fatogami looks like him, speaks like him, and acts like him. Also, Genocider Syo only likes thin men, which would explain why Togami is all fatted up.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

orenronen posted:

Per request, here's a 40-second video (YouTube via Polsy) showing walking around the island in motion. This is the beginning of today's update, walking from the hotel to the farm.

Thanks! It may seem like an odd request, but understanding how that sort of thing works really calms me, somehow.

I don't know why I tend to get caught in spatial navigation issues like that, but I tend to.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Also, Genocider Syo only likes thin men

I've been playing too much X-COM and you've given me a horrible mental image now, thanks.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

It's actually from Through the Looking Glass. The statue doesn't seem to be any particular reference to the poem or the book however.

The statue could be a rendition of the Jabberwock. No physical characteristics of the Jabberwock were ever given, so it can look like whatever you want it to look like

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CrushedB posted:

I've been playing too much X-COM and you've given me a horrible mental image now, thanks.

I had to google it, and I have to say thanks a lot. Christ.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

orenronen posted:

I just noticed the track name seems to be spelled "Beautiful Ruin Summer Solt" :catstare:

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Well, Fatogami looks like him, speaks like him, and acts like him. Also, Genocider Syo only likes thin men, which would explain why Togami is all fatted up.

Also, crucially, he doesn't seem to have been a change in background between the two games, which would be an obvious indicator this is a different-but-related character. It's hard to call, but at this moment treating him as a different character requires more assumptions than thinking he's somehow the same character.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

CaseyChu posted:

I said the same thing until I read that her basic skills are terrible and she makes up her own moves. She'd have to with a completely different body from everyone else. Hell, I'd love to see a what a gymnast of her build would come up with in real life.
That doesn't actually explain anything. The reason that Gymnasts bodies are the way they are is because of what they're asked to do, not because of the techniques they do. Simplistically, gymnastics is a competition between your body and itself. Hence, small size and low body fat are key to controlling the body.

More specifically, taller people have more excess mass and larger moments of inertia to struggle against, and large busts add unnecessary weight and screw with the person's center of mass.

This is a lot of words for what comes down to arguing with an anime game about anime physics, but I just felt like pointing out that "making up her own moves" is not an adequate explanation for her body type. There's physics involved here that make it highly unlikely that she is a SHSL Gymnast. The real explanation is "anime game," and that still leads to a necessity for a suspension of disbelief.

I don't know why this is bothering me as much as it is. Talking Murderous Teddy Bear and Fat, Arrogant Illuminati Official? On this. Tall Busty Gymnast? Bullshit!

Sherringford posted:

Then again, if Nagito is Naegi, we can throw a lot of what he's saying right out of the window. It would explain why he knows who Togami is, and the earlier theory someone made about Naegi and Togami infiltrating games to presumably go Battle Royale 2 on everybody would explain why Nagito is trying to make it look like Togami is their classmate. Not that I'm saying we should just latch on to that theory(specially since I don't think our current evidence points to Nagito being Naegi) but it's something to keep in mind.

What I'm getting at is, the information Nagito is giving us seems pretty weird. We can probably form a decent theory on Togami once we have a better idea on what Nagito's game is.
Yeah, that was my immediate thought after their exchange. The conversation makes the most sense if Nagito is Naegi and Fat Togami is the same as DR1's Togami. It's still too early to say anything definitive, but that's the feeling you're supposed to get from the conversation.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 29, 2012

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm convinced that, even if Fatgami directly referenced something from DR1, or Nagi from the first game comes up and says "THIS IS THE GUY I MET DURING THE FIRST GAME", there are some people who aren't going to be convinced it's the original Togami.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

The statue could be a rendition of the Jabberwock. No physical characteristics of the Jabberwock were ever given, so it can look like whatever you want it to look like

This is true, but the man in the statue is clearly riding a horse and wielding a spear which I don't think could possibly be described as a vorpal sword. I'd like to see that thing go snicker-snack.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I just noticed the track name seems to be spelled "Beautiful Ruin Summer Solt" :catstare:

I just rechecked, and the printed CD track listing says "salt". Up to you to decide which one's canon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

GoatLord posted:

Ok, this gymnast thing has to be a deliberate troll of people who complained that Asahina's cleavage wasn't aquadynamic.

I'm with you. Nothing about Asahina's character design said 'swimmer', really. Aside from having tits that were way too big, her entire body should've been more muscled. Propelling yourself through a liquid environment is hard work on every muscle. Swimmers are not skinny like she was.

So, nothing about Owari's body says 'gymnast'. Nothing new there, move along.

Togami's weight gain could be attributed to a number of things. Disguise is the most simple, though also the one with the most problems with it since the jerkwad didn't bother to change his name. Good, old-fashioned despair also is a strong contender. Presume Junko wasn't lying at the end of DR1, and Togami's family is gone. That's most of his identity right there, and the resulting depression could've driven him to eat. In a situation like that it would not overly surprise me if he's just back so he can stop thinking about What Was Lost for a while. I still also like the crusader rage idea, where he willingly put himself in here just to dare people to come get him. It's massively arrogant, and very Togami.

The confirmation that nothing's changed for him DOES raise the question of what in the hell happened to Fukawa, though. You could not remove that girl from his arm with a crowbar at the end of DR1.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

In the "bad end" of the first game Togami is just holding up a picture of Fukawa, so I guess she just dies or something.

And Togami's the kind of pretentious person who wouldn't want to change his name (in which he holds SHSL pride) even when going into disguise. He's that kind of guy, which makes him all the more hilarious

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010
I don't get why it's so hard for some of you to understand that Nagito might know about Togami from hearsay. He's a famous heir, is it that far-fetched that Nagito might know about him from watching TV or reading the paper or something?

I mean, you can say that about a lot of these characters, that they're well-known. It's totally possible that the average person might read a review about one of Saionji's performances in the paper or see footage of Akane doing some crazy move at a gymnastics competition on the evening news. Heck, when talking about Akane Nagito says "According to rumor", which pretty much means he knew about her from before they met. There's really no need to overthink the scene with Nagito and Togami.

Also, just a reminder that there's nothing so far that definitively indicates whether this game is a sequel or a prequel.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
First thing that came to my mind during Akane's introduction was Syo cracking a joke that they found Asahina's delinquent daughter. Then I remembered that Syo isn't here...

...is it bad that I miss Syo far more than I miss Fukawa? :geno:

Hiyoko gives me the creeps and I'm already suspicious of her.

Togami... God drat, that official art is amazing. The turkey leg is a nice touch.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

orenronen posted:

They say her performances are attended by a surprisingly young crowd for Japanese classical dance shows.
Well, I guess most of the audience is male, though.

I'm sure that's because she looks like a cute little girl... I wouldn't be surprised if most of them weren’t there just for the dancing.

Man, with everybody commenting on how creepy Hanamura was last time I'm surprised this little tidbit has gone without comment so far. :stonk: Holy jeez that's a creepy thought. Well, if she has to deal with pedos all the drat time, no wonder she's a little off in the head.

Falls Down Stairs posted:

A Peaceful Tropical Vacation with Chrono Cross

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

StrifeHira posted:

First thing that came to my mind during Akane's introduction was Syo cracking a joke that they found Asahina's delinquent daughter. Then I remembered that Syo isn't here...

...is it bad that I miss Syo far more than I miss Fukawa? :geno:

Hiyoko gives me the creeps and I'm already suspicious of her.

Togami... God drat, that official art is amazing. The turkey leg is a nice touch.

Syo is definitely more interesting than Fukawa. Anywhoo the Togami/Fatogami thing is really weird, I'm looking forward to the eventual explanation.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those transition screens from the walking video have even me wondering now about the computer simulation theory. I don't really like this theory. It feels like too much of a cop-out from the more "realistic" feel of DR1 (in terms of consequences for the character's lives, at least) But it's an odd contrast to this nice pretty natural setting, and it keeps coming up.

Moving on to Togami, it's great to finally see him. Does the game actually force you to talk to him last? Or can you run over that bridge to the central island right from the start? I love that he's grilling Hinata right off the bat about his SHSL skill, and hope he never lets up.

I like the idea that his weight gain is to deter Syo (and the coffee is to stay awake so he's not murdered in his sleep), and despair-induced depression eating is definitely a realistic idea. But one other explanation could be disguising his age? If Togami's infiltrating this group, he'd be really old for a high school student now, as bad as Hagakure. Assuming this takes place after DR1, they'd already had 2 years worth of memories erased, and there's also been enough time afterwards for him to pack on all those pounds. Maybe I'm just thinking this cause my huge cousins have baby faces, but it could be a way to try and distract from the real reason he looks so different from everyone else?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

Those transition screens from the walking video have even me wondering now about the computer simulation theory. I don't really like this theory. It feels like too much of a cop-out from the more "realistic" feel of DR1 (in terms of consequences for the character's lives, at least) But it's an odd contrast to this nice pretty natural setting, and it keeps coming up.

The same transitions were in DR1.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I do not agree that Fatgami has shown the exact same personality as Togami... Togami had a sense of "Let me waste my very valuable time explaining why you are not worth my time." whilst fatty seems to just want to be left alone full stop. Fatty is showing interest in characters, something Togami only did AFTER they were in a kill or be killed game and he had to find weaknesses and strengths to help his own survival.

Obviously we haven't interacted enough with him, or seen how he reacts when the kill or be killed game element is added, but I'm not assuming he's exactly alike just because they seem fairly similar before delving deeper.

I can't wait for the action to begin and for the REAL characters to present themselves. :allears:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Twiddy posted:

That doesn't actually explain anything. The reason that Gymnasts bodies are the way they are is because of what they're asked to do, not because of the techniques they do. Simplistically, gymnastics is a competition between your body and itself. Hence, small size and low body fat are key to controlling the body.

More specifically, taller people have more excess mass and larger moments of inertia to struggle against, and large busts add unnecessary weight and screw with the person's center of mass.

This is a lot of words for what comes down to arguing with an anime game about anime physics, but I just felt like pointing out that "making up her own moves" is not an adequate explanation for her body type. There's physics involved here that make it highly unlikely that she is a SHSL Gymnast. The real explanation is "anime game," and that still leads to a necessity for a suspension of disbelief.

I don't know why this is bothering me as much as it is. Talking Murderous Teddy Bear and Fat, Arrogant Illuminati Official? On this. Tall Busty Gymnast? Bullshit!

Super High School Level Mental Gymnastics

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011

purple_sammich posted:

I don't get why it's so hard for some of you to understand that Nagito might know about Togami from hearsay. He's a famous heir, is it that far-fetched that Nagito might know about him from watching TV or reading the paper or something?

I mean, you can say that about a lot of these characters, that they're well-known. It's totally possible that the average person might read a review about one of Saionji's performances in the paper or see footage of Akane doing some crazy move at a gymnastics competition on the evening news. Heck, when talking about Akane Nagito says "According to rumor", which pretty much means he knew about her from before they met. There's really no need to overthink the scene with Nagito and Togami.

Also, just a reminder that there's nothing so far that definitively indicates whether this game is a sequel or a prequel.

I think the problem is that Nagito claimed, much like Naegi, to have researched his fellow classmates for the year on the internet. This seems to fit for the actual information, comparing Naegi's blurb on Togami to Nagito's speech, they're nearly exactly the same:

orenronen posted:

I have never seen someone so reluctant to introduce himself in my life.
But I guess that’s easy to understand.
That guy... he’s special even among all the Super High-school Levels.
Byakuya Togami... He’s the heir to the financial giant Togami family. Since he was young, he was enrolled in nothing but the most exclusive schools.
It’s told that he already holds several management positions at the company, and already managed to acquire a considerable personal fortune of his very own.
An extraordinary high-school student, worthy of being called a “Super High-school Level Heir”.
...that’s what was written in the Hope’s Peak Academy thread.

orenronen posted:

Yep, that's just what you’d expect from Togami-kun.
"What you’d expect"... What do you mean?

You see, even among all the Super High-school Level students in our class, he’s special.
He's heir to a financial giant - the Togami conglomerate. He’s been taught the secrets of leadership ever since he was very young.
Despite his age, he's already held a variety of management positions, and acquired a considerable fortune of his very own.

The title "Super High-school Level Heir" fits him to a tee, doesn't it? He’s really an exceptional high-school student.

It sounds like he’s more like... someone out of a manga story.

The problem is, how can Nagito have pre-researched Togami as a member of his class if Naegi pre-researched Togami as a member of his class? And in the exact same way?

It could be a prequel as you've pointed out: perhaps Togami was scheduled to attend but ended up waiting a year beforehand (though on the other hand, why didn't Naegi mention this at all in the first game if so? The 2channel boards should have mentioned he was held back a year, since Nagito obviously heard about them the year beforehand.). If it's a sequel, then Nagito is either lying intentionally or his memory has been modified. Perhaps he is Naegi as some have speculated and the two are both trying to infiltrate the despair game, or perhaps Togami has been memory wiped and Nagito is in league with the bad guys.

But no matter what the explanation ends up being it's currently a clear, unresolved contradiction.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008
I think the "ignores the basics" line was meant to justify her figure. I think the game is trying to say that she's such a genius that she somehow invented a whole new way of doing gymnastics where her boobs and height don't get in the way.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I have to say, I don't quite get where all the "Saionji is crazy, she'll definitely kill" is coming from. She was squashing ants. Most people have a time in their life when they like to play God and kill tiny insects. It's just a thing that happens more often than not. It isn't the same as Fukawa, who literally had a serial killer personality in her that murdered men she was attracted to. I highly doubt she'll be a killer for that reason. It's way too obvious.

But it does make me wonder if she maybe skipped a couple grades and got into Hope Peak's a little early because she was such a proficient dancer. Maybe she had to practice her dancing so much, she never got a chance to go through regular childhood development. Hence the bug squishing.

Akane I think is going to be pretty interesting. I wonder if the game is going to have her pull out some serious character development like they did for Asahina. I'm guessing Asahina and Sakura were really popular characters, enough for the creators to want to make a character that incorporates a little bit of both in them. I look forward to seeing her more.

Fatgami is Fatgami and he's great. Nothing more to say. But I still don't buy it being absolutely confirmed that he's Togami from DR1.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Akane doesn't like donuts. She is not Asahina.
Byakuya is... yeah, probably Togami.
Nagito seems too cool to be Naegi...

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010

Rawkking posted:

The problem is, how can Nagito have pre-researched Togami as a member of his class if Naegi pre-researched Togami as a member of his class? And in the exact same way?

It could be a prequel as you've pointed out: perhaps Togami was scheduled to attend but ended up waiting a year beforehand (though on the other hand, why didn't Naegi mention this at all in the first game if so? The 2channel boards should have mentioned he was held back a year, since Nagito obviously heard about them the year beforehand.). If it's a sequel, then Nagito is either lying intentionally or his memory has been modified. Perhaps he is Naegi as some have speculated and the two are both trying to infiltrate the despair game, or perhaps Togami has been memory wiped and Nagito is in league with the bad guys.

But no matter what the explanation ends up being it's currently a clear, unresolved contradiction.

Well, there you go, you're overthinking it. People are too eager to make this all about DR1 when I believe oren or slowbeef said we should keep our speculation to what we've been shown in this game specifically, although I could be wrong about that. I just think that we should accept the information the game is giving us at this time (whether with or without caution is up to you) so the thread doesn't get clogged with "BUT THIS THING IN DR2 HAS TO BE X BECAUSE OF Y IN DR1!!!!"

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

orenronen posted:

After all, she doesn't even look like a regular high school girl. Her body's more like that of a foreign athlete...

I don't understand this line. She's a bit more tan than the rest of the cast, but there seems nothing foreign about her. Is it a stereotype that non-Japanese athletes have big boobs or something?

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!
Maybe Akane was a super gymnast when she was younger, and now hit a growth spurt?

Is it me, or are a few of the characters already set up to conflict?
Gundam and Hiyoko with her killing ants and him being an animal trainer.
Pekoyama and Hanamura with him specifically stating his intentions of trying to 'hit' on her.

There are a few others, but those are the ones that will probably end in violence. Which, are currently AGAINST THE RULES.

Pekoyama could sock it to Hanamura (justifiably) only to punished. :ohdear:

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Powerfrog posted:

I do not agree that Fatgami has shown the exact same personality as Togami... Togami had a sense of "Let me waste my very valuable time explaining why you are not worth my time." whilst fatty seems to just want to be left alone full stop. Fatty is showing interest in characters, something Togami only did AFTER they were in a kill or be killed game and he had to find weaknesses and strengths to help his own survival.

Obviously we haven't interacted enough with him, or seen how he reacts when the kill or be killed game element is added, but I'm not assuming he's exactly alike just because they seem fairly similar before delving deeper.

I can't wait for the action to begin and for the REAL characters to present themselves. :allears:
Remember that Togami should have all the character development from the first game, by the end of it he was still a dick but a "nice" guy that actually cared about the other characters in his own unique way and tried to do everything to stop any more murders.

With that in mind I have a funny theory that Togami will appoint himself leader again and be like Ishimaru was at the beginning of the first game(going to wake up everyone, make then eat breakfast together every morning).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Hobo By Design posted:

Is it a stereotype that non-Japanese athletes have big boobs or something?
Historically, Japanese women didn't run to large boobs and it wasn't fashionable/sexy to have large boobs. In fact, a kimono looks really stupid over big boobs, because part of dressing in kimono is padding out your waist to match your breasts; the desired shape is cylindrical.

Obviously, in any era and any place, there are women who don't have the fashionable body shape.

Edit: non-sexy picture of nagajuban, typical kimono padded underwear.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 29, 2012

• Locked thread