Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Two guys are ribbing each other over Twitter, nobody needs to have a Gobbledy Gooker over it folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Plus they apparently both deleted it, so who gives a poo poo

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

Plus they apparently both deleted it, so who gives a poo poo

It was more the fact that Jericho was being super :smug: and it seemed unprovoked. That's the only reason I brought it up.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was more the fact that Jericho was being super :smug: and it seemed unprovoked. That's the only reason I brought it up.

Man's just living the gimmick :shobon:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I think it was Punk who said "you wake up in the morning to find out you have been mentioned in a tweet by Jericho while you were sleeping, you know he must've been drinking."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zack Ryder posted:

No reason for me to watch the ball drop tonight…I lived through the ball being dropped with me all year.

Bitter? Noooooo of course not

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Zack Ryder is like what Eugene Jerome thought Nigel McGuinness was.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'd be loving bitter, too.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah, I think he's completely validated in being bitter. Might not be handling it the right way, but poo poo if he hasn't been fired yet, then keep being bitter.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm starting to feel that the Cena/Kane angle is becoming Ryder's Montreal Incident. It sucks that it happened and he has every right to be bitter, but he really needs to move on. Disregarding the depush for a moment, has he brought anything new to the table in the past year? His character's completely stagnated and really, it was doing that before things went wrong.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gavok posted:

I'm starting to feel that the Cena/Kane angle is becoming Ryder's Montreal Incident. It sucks that it happened and he has every right to be bitter, but he really needs to move on. Disregarding the depush for a moment, has he brought anything new to the table in the past year? His character's completely stagnated and really, it was doing that before things went wrong.

He...was in a tag-team with Santino? That's literally the only thing of any note he's done all year. He doesn't even get the pops he used to and his gimmick hasn't changed even slightly.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

njsykora posted:

He...was in a tag-team with Santino? That's literally the only thing of any note he's done all year. He doesn't even get the pops he used to and his gimmick hasn't changed even slightly.
That's what happens when they put you in main event tag matches for 2-3 weeks and then you fall off the face of the earth for months and return in a comedy tag team with Santino.

They could've let Ryder's popularity roll, but they didn't. I'd be bitter too.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd imagine everyone on the WWE roster that turned up before 2010 feels pretty bitter about working for the WWE.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I guess I don't blame Ryder much because it feels like the WWE really doesn't care about what he does. He's definitely a top 10 merchandise seller, maybe even top 5 while getting less TV time than anyone else who gets merch yet they do absolutely nothing with him. And while most companies would turn Ryder heel due to his whining because it would make sense to frame it that Ryder is BITTER WITH THE FANS instead of BITTER WITH THE WWE, they instead keep him babyface because his merchandise sells regardless if he's on TV or not.

Ryder should continue to whine, bitch and moan. WWE isn't doing anything about it. I'm sure they are well informed but they know it won't make a lick of difference. Being positive and optimistic isn't going to get him pushed. They really don't care about him because he proved you can get yourself without anyone in the WWE involved in the process. Can't have that happening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

except Ryder is a real awful wrestler and I'm glad he's not on my TV.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, as much as I'd try to be sympathetic, that might mean he'd start wrestling on my TV again, and I don't really want that at all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

except Ryder is a real awful wrestler and I'm glad he's not on my TV.

He's perfectly fine.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRayPer posted:

He's perfectly fine.

disagree. Dude needs Ian Rotten to come beat the gently caress out of him until he learns to sell.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Has Zack Ryder ever had an above average match? I'm asking this sincerely, since I just started watching WWE regularly again around Summerslam. Every match I've seen of his has always been either unremarkable or just "okay." Have they even given him the opportunity to have more than a 6-minute match?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cromulent posted:

Has Zack Ryder ever had an above average match? I'm asking this sincerely, since I just started watching WWE regularly again around Summerslam. Every match I've seen of his has always been either unremarkable or just "okay." Have they even given him the opportunity to have more than a 6-minute match?

He had at least one really good match with Christian in ECW.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

He had at least one really good match with Christian in ECW.

Christian is only second to DDT's ladder in being able to carry dudes to good-great matches.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He had good matches with Tommy Dreamer.

Thing is that Zack hasn't really been given much of a chance to shine outside of Superstars or the old new ECW. He's a perfectly serviceable midcarder that the WWE shot down because if the WWE was a person it would cut off it's nose for getting too good at sucking up air.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

MassRayPer posted:

He's perfectly fine.

He's just super-boring in the ring. Nothing really bad but nothing really great either which I think is why the shine wears off on him during a match. Fans want Ryder until he comes out and wrestles a bland, boring style where the most notable thing he does is a fist pump and the crowd realizes they like the idea of Ryder more than they like Ryder himself.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Suben posted:

He's just super-boring in the ring. Nothing really bad but nothing really great either which I think is why the shine wears off on him during a match. Fans want Ryder until he comes out and wrestles a bland, boring style where the most notable thing he does is a fist pump and the crowd realizes they like the idea of Ryder more than they like Ryder himself.

Yes and people only cheer Daniel Bryan because they like to say "No" or "Yes" a lot and The Ryback isn't over with the crowd they just like to chant "Feed Me More".

It's a bullshit argument. If the fans just wanted to chant then chants would start in a void without needing a wrestler to attach it to.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Suben posted:

The crowd reacts to him more than some other midcarders. I've read more people here push for Yoshi Tatsu to get a midcard push than Ryder when there is less than 20 people on the planet who gives a flying gently caress about Yoshi Tatsu and none of them seem to buy tickets to WWE live events.

Fact is, WWE isn't maximizing their potential profits on Ryder. He doesn't have to be in the main event. Just doing more than losing every week on Raw and being put in lovely skits with Santino.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Robbie E is better at being Zack Ryder than Zack Ryder. Also seems Ryder's friends might be passive aggressively turning on him.

@TheCurtHawkins posted:

If opportunity isn't knocking maybe you should build a door.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I had to unfollow Ryder when he did nothing but whine and complain about 6 months ago. Surprised people haven't turned on him sooner.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

Robbie E is better at being Zack Ryder than Zack Ryder. Also seems Ryder's friends might be passive aggressively turning on him.

Ryder probably suggested him to do it since Hawkins is friends with Rock and he probably doesn't want to see him dragged down with him.

Robbie E does a great Jersey Shore parody. Zack Ryder isn't a Jersey Shore parody, even though they angled him as one when Snooki came in for Mania.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Ladies and Gentlemen, hide your wigs:

@TheMarkHenry posted:

I think it's time to test the waters I feel like trying this shoulder out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

See, now I just believe he just replaced his shoulder with a bionic one.

Which just increases his wig-splitting efficiency.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yes and people only cheer Daniel Bryan because they like to say "No" or "Yes" a lot and The Ryback isn't over with the crowd they just like to chant "Feed Me More".

It's a bullshit argument. If the fans just wanted to chant then chants would start in a void without needing a wrestler to attach it to.

I totally agree but in fairness, didn't you once say the popularity of the "Feed Me More" chants was more about the chant and that Ryback isn't really that over, or was that someone else?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'll say anything when it comes to the Ryback. He is literally worse than mecha Hitler, robo Pol Pot and Zombie Reagan and nearly as bad as alive Thatcher.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'll say anything when it comes to the Ryback. He is literally worse than mecha Hitler, robo Pol Pot and Zombie Reagan and nearly as bad as alive Thatcher.

Robo Pol Pot is actually a babyface. He just doesn't get booked that way.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I would be cool Langston clearing the ring at some point in the Rumble and then Henry comes out.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I like to believe that Henry figured he could yell his shoulder into operation, and the shoulder complied out of fear

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would be cool Langston clearing the ring at some point in the Rumble and then Henry comes out.

I was thinking that with Ryback.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God I want to see Ryback go for one of his clotheslines, hits Henry, and nothing happens. Henry just stands there being all awesome and I'll be crying because wrestling.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

HulkaMatt posted:

I was thinking that with Ryback.

Have them both in the ring, clearing it out. Then having a stare down only for the countdown clock to reach 0 and reveal Mark Henry who then crushes them both.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I just stumbled upon Mike Tenay's Twitter account. It's as boring as you'd expect, oh well.

His broadcast colleague has a promo shot from back in like 1998, holding onto the ECW title, as his avatar. Glory days, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Next you're gonna tell me that Ryback is a good wrestler and totally hasn't injured people.