Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
Missed it! I'm catching up on TV shows.

Looks like the next time this will happen will be Thursday at 7:30 PM eastern. I'll have to see this.

Also, John's going to start looking for a new family of kittens on the 7th. That's going to be huge!

Edit: vvv Okay, I have to see this this Thursday. That looks like it'll be awesome! vv

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

SpannerX posted:

Missed it! I'm catching up on TV shows.

Looks like the next time this will happen will be Thursday at 7:30 PM eastern. I'll have to see this.

Also, John's going to start looking for a new family of kittens on the 7th. That's going to be huge!

Here's a pic I posted last nighht in the feel-good thread, when the party was in full swing:

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

SpannerX posted:

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that the Kitten Cam will be up and running again on the 7th. Everyone will have to get settled in first.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kitten Head Ridge posted:

Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that the Kitten Cam will be up and running again on the 7th. Everyone will have to get settled in first.

I realize this, hell, there might not even be a family that he can have for days after the 7th, let alone letting them calm down/settle in. But it is coming soon.

Edit: Pheeets, I put your screen grab in the OP, hope you don't mind.

Edit 2: Kitten feeding, aka foie gras:

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 2, 2013

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

SpannerX posted:

Edit: Pheeets, I put your screen grab in the OP, hope you don't mind.

Don't mind at all, share the love!

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!
I came for the kitten cam, but ended up staying for the corgi cam. Holy crap they are so cute!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Somebody doesn't know how to use a camera :colbert:

It's a paw hanging down from above the camera somehow!

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 3, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gotta say, these kittens are really bad at not slamming headfirst into the castle when they're playing around.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
This is somewhat unrelated but does anyone remember the webcam that was in a doggy daycare? It was a popular thread a few years back. It was a rather good quality and fast stream. I have been trying to see if it is still around and more importantly if there is a similar place in the Boston area.

Demonachizer fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 3, 2013

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

demonachizer posted:

This is somewhat unrelated but does anyone remember the webcam that was in a doggy daycare? It was a popular thread a few years back. It was a rather good quality and fast stream. I have been trying to see if it is still around and more importantly if there is a similar place in the Boston area.

Probably Shiba-Inu Puppy Cam. It looks like it's live again.
http://www.ustream.tv/SFShiba

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

plaguedoctor posted:

It was in a doggy daycare with adult dogs running around. It was neat because there were 20-30 dogs or so.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

plaguedoctor posted:

I don't think it's live, those are the same puppies they had over the summer.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
#KittenCam needs a claw game function. $1 lets you try to pick up a kitty with a claw and deposit it somewhere else.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens! And now they shan't have pie :(
Oh my goodness. I want all the kittens.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Oh feeding time, and I think Disco Dance party is happening soon!
Edit, it's happening now!

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 4, 2013

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
This is going to be awesome. I just finished a 25 page computer architecture doctoral exam of doom and now im going to watch kittens disco. :rock:

e: they just hit the music!

SevenStringGuru fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 4, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
They sure are dancing!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

John and the Critter Room of Spice Kittens fame is probably going to go live in a few hours or morning, with a nice new higher-quality webcam. He's letting the new mother settle in. "She's currently hugging a sleeping kitten so things look good"

The mother is called Ripley and the kittens are Bishop, Newt, Parker, Dallas and Ash. They've come to him older than the last few litters, about a month old now.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 8, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WE ARE GO FOR KITTENS

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Definately going in the OP! Foster John is back, and boy is he pro! Chicken Fish is live!

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Wanna hug those faces. :3:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Around 11:15 on the DVR Ripley is really trying to get out. :)

These are pretty cute kittens, I have to say. They are pretty active. I think they'll be out in the big room pretty soon.

11:28 the other person that looks after the cats (Chris) shows up.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 8, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Look at those little tails :3:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ripley can jump out, but it looks like she wants the kids out too, 'cos she was trying to gnaw the lock off the door.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Ripley can jump out, but it looks like she wants the kids out too, 'cos she was trying to gnaw the lock off the door.

I think it's a 2 leave cage, and she can't get out. Her food and litter are on the upper level.

Here's a shot of it from the spice kittens days:

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 8, 2013

wob
Jun 28, 2003

Here's another kitten cam - this ones in Australia. Don't worry the state it's in is not currently on fire.

http://freezone.iinet.net.au/vod/freezone/lifestyle/kitty-cam/13158

edit: they should rename that other kitten cam "Ripley's You Gotta Be Kitten Me"

wob fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 9, 2013

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

wob posted:

Here's another kitten cam - this ones in Australia. Don't worry the state it's in is not currently on fire.

Good that the state isn't on fire. It sounds like they are having an awful time down there.

Nice cam, I'll put that in the OP!

wob
Jun 28, 2003

SpannerX posted:

Cat Haven (they are in Australia, so they are in the future!

These cats have a really nice play area, lots of toys, lots of space

Here's their website

Pictures later, seems like their camera is in a an outside area with not much light.

Sweet! Thanks for adding it to the OP :) Me and a friend set this cam up last year as a sort of silly project at the ISP we work at, but the Cat Haven guys loved the idea. We had some huge viewer numbers initially (it went mini-viral, as in we made australian news only), and just recently they showed us their adoption stats which were noticeably higher since it started. Feels good man.

It streams 24/7 since they put a roof on the enclosure so the kittens can stay in there all the time, but it's outdoors so it's pitch black at night. I have just shown the Cat Haven guys the disco party idea and they are loving excited. Outdoor kitten rave in the near future .. stay tuned.

Here's a little highlights reel I put together when the cam was moved to an undercover enclosure last winter : http://freezone.iinet.net.au/vod/freezone/lifestyle/kitty-cam/13261

wob fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 9, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I had the Cat Haven one bookmarked for a while but it went offline for ages and I thought they'd given up on it.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

wob posted:

Sweet! Thanks for adding it to the OP :) Me and a friend set this cam up last year as a sort of silly project at the ISP we work at, but the Cat Haven guys loved the idea. We had some huge viewer numbers initially (it went mini-viral, as in we made australian news only), and just recently they showed us their adoption stats which were noticeably higher since it started. Feels good man.

It streams 24/7 since put a roof on the enclosure so the kittens can stay in there all the time, but it's outdoors so it's pitch black at night. I have just shown the Cat Haven guys the disco party idea and they are loving excited. Outdoor kitten rave in the near future .. stay tuned.

Here's a little highlights reel I put together when the cam was moved to an undercover enclosure last winter : http://freezone.iinet.net.au/vod/freezone/lifestyle/kitty-cam/13261

Not a problem. I'm documenting the hell out of these cams in the OP. :D Can't wait for the disco!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

At this rate I'm gonna need a third monitor to fit all these kitty cams.

wob
Jun 28, 2003

MikeJF posted:

I had the Cat Haven one bookmarked for a while but it went offline for ages and I thought they'd given up on it.

They were low on kittens for a while, which is a great thing .. unless you want some adorable online kitten action. It's kittening season now so they've got tons, and the whole enclosure has been revamped and upgraded.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

John's Foster Kitten Cam is definitely my favorite to watch because a) they all have names b) the camera is high quality in a clear environment c) he's awesome and d) if they're sleeping the past day is recorded and you can skip around for when they're awake and when he's playing with them.

Unfortunately, these factors all lead to you getting fond of them and then they all go away and you never see them again unless you follow them on facebook

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 9, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's hard to say anything about the kittens and their personalities yet, but god drat these non-stop kitten piles are loving adorable.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There's some starting to show. Like Newt, the one with the white collar of fur, is pretty much always on the move and poking around. She's not any more hyper or frentic than the others, she just won't stop tromping around.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MikeJF posted:

There's some starting to show. Like Newt, the one with the white collar of fur, is pretty much always on the move and poking around. She's not any more hyper or frentic than the others, she just won't stop tromping around.

Yeah, looking like this litter's Pepper. Betting she'll be a proper escape artist once they get into the big playroom.

Also I never get tired of watching mum forcibly wash the kittens and them feebly trying to bat her away.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I wonder if Pet Collective will have a kitten disco dance party tonight?

Weigh in in about 15 minutes on the Ripley stream. Ash is getting big fast!

Edit, no weigh in was 15 minutes in on the DVR from the begining. all kittens are around a lb, except ash, who is 18 + ounces. :D

Edit 2: Pet Collective will have a disco dance part at 4pm Saturday.

SpannerX fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 10, 2013

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

John was just playing with the kittens at the cage door and man, Parker and Dallas are already little terrors. Constant escape attempts! John is just basically lifting the pair of them to the back of the cage constantly, because the second he lets them go they make a shaky little beeline for the door again. I can't wait for these little furballs to get their proper play on.

EDIT: in case I missed John talking about it, or if someone watched the Spice Kittens or Scientist Kittens at this stage, how long will the kittens be in the small cage before they have a proper play area set up? Until they teeth? Until they get better balance? Hit a weight point?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 10, 2013

wob
Jun 28, 2003

The Cat Haven kittens are very active right now.. actually they're being huge jerks to each other it's pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

John was just playing with the kittens at the cage door and man, Parker and Dallas are already little terrors. Constant escape attempts! John is just basically lifting the pair of them to the back of the cage constantly, because the second he lets them go they make a shaky little beeline for the door again. I can't wait for these little furballs to get their proper play on.

Hehe. Remember this?

Der Shovel posted:

EDIT: in case I missed John talking about it, or if someone watched the Spice Kittens or Scientist Kittens at this stage, how long will the kittens be in the small cage before they have a proper play area set up? Until they teeth? Until they get better balance? Hit a weight point?

He was talking about this. He watches their speed, balance, and ability to track objects before he lets them out.

wob posted:

The Cat Haven kittens are very active right now.. actually they're being huge jerks to each other it's pretty funny.

Right now there just seems to be one posing for the camera whilst the others in the background play.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 11, 2013

• Locked thread