Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:3: There was an envelope taped to my back door today. My grandpa left $50 and a note saying to take my lady out for dinner and a movie.

So I did. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
A proper grandpa.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Casu Marzu posted:

:3: There was an envelope taped to my back door today. My grandpa left $50 and a note saying to take my lady out for dinner and a movie.

So I did. :3:

drat. I didn't realise what a difference our two cost of livings are. A movie is $12 a person. :gonk: Awesome grandpa though. :)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

dino. posted:

drat. I didn't realise what a difference our two cost of livings are. A movie is $12 a person. :gonk: Awesome grandpa though. :)

Uh you can easily do dinner and a movie in NYC for two for under $50, I have done it?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Why are sweetmeats not meat but sweetbreads are

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Love you goons!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We love you too, Mr. Hat.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Happy Imminent End of the World (Again), everyone!

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

There's another one? Awesome, I now have an excuse to drink way too much tonight!

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Oh hm lets see what this is about.

quote:

Copycats of the EasyChip® Muli Slicer model 2011 and/or its patented technology will be prosecuted world-wide to the fullest extent of the law.

Huh okay well lets go find the patent...

Welp, sorry duder.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks Ricola. I was wondering what to make for dinner. I hope they don't find me.

Edit: so am I supposed to deep fry this or what

Flash Gordon Ramsay fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 31, 2012

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Edit: so am I supposed to deep fry this or what

Yep! Skewer it, deep fry the whole thing then apparently douse it in yellow and red things.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deep fry it, and take pictures. :getin:

Also what the hell Lowtax new forums without any fanfare whatsoever? MY IMMERSION.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Manuel Calavera posted:

Deep fry it, and take pictures. :getin:

Also what the hell Lowtax new forums without any fanfare whatsoever? MY IMMERSION.

He mentioned a surprise on the forums on twitter yesterday. Twitter.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
It's weird and I'm afraid of change!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I dunno I feel pretty sexy myself.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FishBulb posted:

He mentioned a surprise on the forums on twitter yesterday. Twitter.

This is true, I forgot about that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Happy new year, fuckers.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
This year has been such an amazing year for me. Thanks to you all, my friends, for helping to make it so. :)

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

This past year has been such an amazingly lovely year for me. Thanks to you all, my friends, for helping me make it through. :)

Yay 2013!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Happy Hat posted:

At some point Gravity or Casu needs to give pointers on food photography (or mediaphage)...

I think your photos own, HappyHat. But then, everything you do is awesome in my book. :allears:

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
This year Ended like complete loving poo poo. My oval office in-laws that I hate showed up for Christmas with three days notice. They brought my sister-in-law that I hate just a little bit more than them along with her.

You annoy the poo poo out of me for four days and pretty much ruined Christmas. Wife's crying, I'm crying, hissing at each other in anger under her breath through gritted teeth, it was awesome! Oh, plus I was sick with a 103 degree fever! Then the wife was throwing up!!

Then those oval office-tards left, and it was time for my kids birthday! We went tubing! I dislocated my shoulder and had to have it reset!

My wife acted like I got sick and hurt myself as personal inconveniences to her! I must have done it on purpose to make things harder for her!

We went out for a holiday date to dinner and I spent the dinner explaining how I was going to be a better spouse and father next year!

The holidays were AWESOME!!!

(If still married next December, Christmas miracle has occurred)

Edit: loving Siri dictation was all full of stupid. Hopefully corrected.

NosmoKing fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 2, 2013

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
I ate pork belly wrapped in porchetta, roasted, and topped with whipped lardo, so I gotta say I sent 2012 out with a bang. And a lot of champagne cocktails.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

NosmoKing posted:

This year Ended like complete loving poo poo. My oval office in-laws that I hate showed up for Christmas with three days notice. They brought my sister-in-law that I hate just a little bit more than them along with her.

You retain the poo poo out of me for four days and pretty much ruined Christmas. Wife's crying, I'm crying, hissing at each other in anger under her breath through gritted teeth, it was awesome! Oh, plus I was sick with a 103 degree fever! Then the wide was throwing up!!

Then those oval office-tards left, and it was time for my kids birthday! We went tubing! I dislocated my shoulder and had to have if reset!

My wife acted like I got sick and hurt myself as personal inconveniences to her! I must have done it on purpose to make things harder for her!

We went out for a holiday date to dinner and I spent the dinner explaining how I was going to be a better spouse and father next year!

The holidays were AWESOME!!!

(If still married next December, Christmas miracle has occurred)

Dude, I am legit sorry. I hope the coming days are better and slightly less stressful for you. Can I bake you some cookies or something?

This was basically the best Christmas of my life. I have a loving family for the first time in a long time. Presents aren't required, but they were a nice touch, too.

In 2013 news, friends, I guess I'm getting married soon.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

mediaphage posted:

Dude, I am legit sorry. I hope the coming days are better and slightly less stressful for you. Can I bake you some cookies or something?

This was basically the best Christmas of my life. I have a loving family for the first time in a long time. Presents aren't required, but they were a nice touch, too.

In 2013 news, friends, I guess I'm getting married soon.

O_____________________O

CONGRATULATIONS MEEP! So happy for you.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Happy new year's day! 2012 was considerably better than 2011, and I'm hoping 2013 keeps up this trend. Main goals: Get a goddamn job, buy a motorcycle. If only opening up my resume in word didn't leave me a panicky mess, and if only econ degree jobs didn't require 2-3 years experience for entry level. :argh: fuckerrrrrssssss

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

NosmoKing posted:

Oh, plus I was sick with a 103 degree fever! Then the wide was throwing up!!
Same here. Pretty much everything I've eaten over the past couple days has been promptly converted into sweat, wind, and watery turds. Making me even more charming company than usual.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

SubG posted:

Same here. Pretty much everything I've eaten over the past couple days has been promptly converted into sweat, wind, and watery turds. Making me even more charming company than usual.

I actually had food poisoning this morning and was on the can for about two hours of thundershits due to some poor choices involving gambling on expiration dates. Whatup my fellow Nurglite brothas :zombie::respek::zombie:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo! Someone has agreed to marry MP! Congrats.

NoSmo, sounds like a wonderful time. Hope you are feeling better.

The new forums design has made it impossible to read on the Awful app, which has been a pain. /whitewhine

New Years was fun. Had some friends over, made kosheri and roasted broccoli with almo d garlic dressing, and a Delicious lemon pudding. Much bubbly stuff was drunk, followed by port with the cheese. Babby makes it hard to go partying but this was pretty drat good. For an older person like me...

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

therattle posted:

Holy poo poo! Someone has agreed to marry MP! Congrats.

NoSmo, sounds like a wonderful time. Hope you are feeling better.

The new forums design has made it impossible to read on the Awful app, which has been a pain. /whitewhine

The Awful app has been retired and replaced by Awful Betamax. You should be able to find it in the app store / google play (whichever is applicable).

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

cyberia posted:

The Awful app has been retired and replaced by Awful Betamax. You should be able to find it in the app store / google play (whichever is applicable).

They are just waiting for Apple to clear the updated Awful App (1.9.2). Nice try though!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I go in today to finalize everything for school and get all my poo poo. I am both excited, anxious, and slightly queasy. The queasy may be because I had a coffee and it doesn't really mix well with me. Hope the people I have to wait in line with don't mind nervous coffee poots.

In other news, I am an idiot who stays up all night when they have to be up in the morning. That is all.

Clavietika
Dec 18, 2005

I thought cooking school was mainly superfluous because you need experience before anyone will hire you and therefore everyone starts at the same place, cooking school or not.

E: That is, assuming you mean cooking school!

Also, Happy new year! I like the new layout, actually... v:shobon:v We had a New Year's Eve oil fondue with some other good friends of ours and it was fantastic. We also watched Cabin In The Woods and made these weird Kool-aid wine blended sangria abortions.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

No worries, I'm not under any delusions that I'll get to be sous right out of cooking school, I'm just going because I really need the skills, and it's a nice, quick little package. I know I'm gonna have to work my rear end off to get anywhere, degree or not. :3:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
So.. I spend new years with a cook friend of mine, and we got to be discussing the business...

Sounds like everybody who wants to be something is on coke all the way through their apprenticeship, and well into the first 5 years, then they become sous, (after doing the journey thing), and develop a choleric temper - which basically ends them as a chef, where they become truly prima donnas, with all the temper tantrums that implies.

After having been there for a while they decide they're too good for that place, and get their own places - starting to rub elbows with the higher clientelle (minor nobles, minor business men, then major nobles then royalty), and finally ends up at the top of the world.

This progress can be stopped by:

1. Developing a serious coke habit that cannot be shaken
2. Blowing a serious gaskett during their choleric period, having to punch out with bad nerves
3. Having sex with the chef or the owner
4. Abusing staff to the point where they're left (serious talent is needed to be able to hold people when being a dick about stuff - it does however seem that the lower rungs of the business are primarily populated by people who would be self-flaggelating if they weren't in a kitchen)
5. Inability to stifle the prima donna gene when in the precense of ones betters
6. Feudes with competitive chefs (cleavers at dawn, no less)

It was an interesting talk about what is like to make food... (also - we were drunk, so things may have been somewhat exaggerated or charicatured)

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haven't had a cigarette since new year's eve. Pretty much ready to stab someone.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I'm making a beef bourgogne, got any coke?

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Speaking of cocaine, my gf gave me a trip to Paris for christmas. Any restaurant tips?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Haven't had a cigarette since new year's eve. Pretty much ready to stab someone.

Sup, quitting smoking buddy. poo poo sucks. Not my New Year's resolution, I happen to have a Jan. 1 birthday. I turned 30, decided it's time to stop living like a slob and lose some weight. Tough to lose the moobs when you've only got 20 minutes worth of wind on an elliptical/treadmill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

therattle posted:

They are just waiting for Apple to clear the updated Awful App (1.9.2). Nice try though!

Apparently betamax is having all sorts of issues though? So I really don't know what to do with my android phone for now. Switch to betamax or wait until the old awful app is fixed or what I really just don't understand.